• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 pro game boost for PS4 BC titles + improvements to select games

sachos

Sony always downplay this shit with wording like "can" and "may", i bet most of the games will get the benefit.
The same exact conversation happened previous to the PS5 launch, remember all the talk about poor BC enhancements with PS4? I bet the Pro will do the same to PS5 games.

vkbest

I’m reading this simply as those games with dynamic resolution or uncapped framerate will be boosted. PS5 is doing already.

lifa-cobex

Good point. You think the Pro is up to the task or at this point it's just fiscally smarter to wait for the PS6?
700 dollarydoos for Ai upscaling would be a terrible purchase if that's all that's grabbed your attention.
I would absolutely wait for a PS6.

Keep in mind that these types of features would (probably/ hopefully/ maybe) be carried over to a ps6.
I'm absolutely stunned by that price.

I refuse to pay for concords failure.

Last edited:

Ashamam

My take is the PS4 enhanced resolution means PSSR can substitute at a system level for checkerboard rendering. So PS4 pro titles that use checkerboard API's just substitute PSSR out of the box.

Last edited:

Salz01

It would be awesome if it made some games that are locked at 30, be able to run at 60. But it doesn’t read like that. That would be awesome.

RedC

Hopefully there's a list with specific detail on individual improvements before PS5 Pro releases.

Last edited:

Hugare

It's the PS4 Pro and PS5 BC "enhancements" all over again

Its just marketing. Will offer "boost mode" just like the PS4 Pro and PS5 already did + unlocked framerate or resolution for a handful of games to boost sales (Bloodborne at 4K/60!)

People expecting stuff like frame generation, for example, are either too young or too naive about how Sony rolls.

This is obviously the same thing that PS4 Pro and PS5 do where it runs the same game code but with boosted clocks to maximize frame-rates up to their caps

I can’t believe people don’t understand it and are thinking this is gonna be some crazy shit like “system wide PSSR upscaling” lmao

This is the same old shit your PS5 did out of the box in 2020, just with even higher clocks.

So now, games that drop frames on PS5 will be even smoother on PS5 Pro. Games that run with a dynamic resolution on PS5 will always max out at the highest resolution on PS5 Pro.

Nothing new, special or interesting going on here. Clever wording by Sony to make it seem more noteworthy than it is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom