• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSM Scores Holiday 2004!!! Tons of reviews including Goldeneye, Killzone, etc!!!

Killzone >>>> Goldeneye

New PSM Scores!!!!

Killzone- 9.5 Finally, someone sees the light :D
NFS Underground 2- 8.0
LOTR: THird Age- 7.0
Ghost in the Shell- 7.0
Outlaw Golf 2- 7.0
Goldeneye Rogue Agent- 6.5 (OUCH! :lol)
Ace Combat 5- 9.5
The Urbz Sims- 8.0
Karaoke Volume 3- 8.5
X-men Legends- 7.5
Capcom Fighting Evolution- 7.0
Vietcong- 5.0
Neo Contra- 6.5
Tak 2- 6.5
King Arthur- 3.5
Eyetoy Antigrav- 7.0
Leisure Suit Larry- 7.0
Alien Hominid- 5.0
NCAA MArch Madness 05- 8.5
FF X: Chains of Promathia- 7.5
Kuon- 7.5
Get on Da Mic- 7.0
Fight CLub- 4.0
Ape Escape: Pumped and Primed- 6.0
Bloodrayne 2- 7.5
Greyzky 2005- 7.0
Spryo Hero Tail- 6.5
Spongebob Movie- 6.0
Bard's Tale- 8.0
Dukes of Hazzard- 5.5
Samurai Warriors: Extreme- 8.0
Guilty Gear Isuka- 7.5
Taiko Drum Master- 7.0
Shark Tale- 6.5
Crash and Burn- 6.5

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Killzone really isn't a bad game at all...

However, it is nearly ruined by technical issues.

Doom_Bringer said:
Killzone sucks you fanboy.

That seems to be the extent of your vocabulary these days, Doom :D

I wouldn't rate it a 9.5 personally, but it's much, much better than the folks here seem to give it credit for being, based on my gameplay.

Solid

Doom_Bringer said:
Killzone sucks you fanboy.
Just cause IGN and Gamespot didn't like the game dosen't make it bad. You know, a lot of European magazines/sites has given Killzone 9s...

Elios83

In Europe is getting a lot of good response.

IGN in the meantime has raised it's vote to 7.5 from the original 7.0 ^_^''

Chopin Trusty Balls

First casualty in the war on idioticy.
Killzone is a pretty good game thanks to its exciting Shoot&Cover firefights and excellent artistic direction,but not 9.5 good,not even nearly.

element

Killzone is an average title. It just needed more time for polish. The weapons are cool, the story is pretty neat, but that is all taken away with some really sloppy polish items in the game.

joshschw

sonycowboy said:
Killzone- 9.5
Alien Hominid- 5.0

Alien Hominid a 5? Let me guess. The review was about 1 paragraph long and all it did was talk about 2D graphics? sorta like there Castle Shikigami review. Whchi contained NOTHING about the actual game. And Killzone a 9.5? Well I guess that doesn;t surprise me since all they do is talk about it being the next best thing.

bitwise

Banned
WarPig said:
In Europe they put mayonnaise on french fries. Who the fuck trusts their opinion?

DFS.

heh some of the restaurants near me do too. they call them "belgium fries".

its not mayonnaise like you think of though, they put spices in it. its not too bad. :)

WarPig

Now, if they put gravy on their fries, then maybe I'd trust their game reviews.

poutine.JPG

DFS.

WarPig

soundwave05 said:
F-ck EA for f-cking the Bond franchise.

MGM/EON is retarded for not sticking with Nintendo.

To be fair, Nintendo likely couldn't have done any better. Look what's become of Geist.

DFS.

Nintendo wouldn't let an IP as important as Bond come out that bad. They'd clean house first (like they did with Retro and Metroid) and make sure it was done right.

EA is just crapping these out.

Mrbob

All that high profile talent for Rogue Agent to churn out a mediocre turd.

But hey, at least you can dual wield easier than in Halo 2!

WarPig

JasoNsider said:
Geist is developed by n-Space. Nice try though.

What I mean is, that's who Nintendo got to go make a first-person shooter for 'em. Who else would do it? Retro's busy churning out Metroid.

DFS.

Actually Geist was in development before Nintendo picked it up.

Nintendo apparently liked the idea of being able to become a ghost and possess other bodies in a FPS.

WarPig said:
They can sure pick 'em.

DFS.

Uh, granted I am a bit puzzled at the recruiting of nSpace, but yeah Nintendo's track record for 2nd parties is pretty good I'd say.

8 million copies of Donkey Kong Country and 7 million copies of GoldenEye would say so.

WarPig

Been a long time / Been a long time / Been a long lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely, lonely time.

After this long and silly digression, my basic point is that Nintendo would not have necessarily been some sort of savior for the Bond license.

DFS.

Top Bottom