• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Hack Update: FAQs in OP, Read before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
green sticker said:
:lol @ Dec 12/21.

The early May column is bloated :(

Yeah. I didn't know it had a prize and I picked May 2nd cause it makes perfect sense. When I saw everyone picking May 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on in vast number is when I realized there is a gift card to be earned here.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
shagg_187 said:
Yeah. I didn't know it had a prize and I picked May 2nd cause it makes perfect sense. When I saw everyone picking May 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so on in vast number is when I realized there is a gift card to be earned here.

wait... THERE'S A GIFT CARD?!

legacyzero

Banned
Epcott said:
Put me down for May 9th.

Canceled my cc today and ordered a new one... now the long wait.
Boy oh boy this sucks.

Yeah, me too. Although I dont think hackers did it for this reason. I think they're just trying to be annoying and send a message to Sony.

Just tried to sign in and I'm not getting the maintenance message any more. It's now says it's failed to sign in and it's taking longer trying.

Maybe we're not as far away from it coming back online as some people think? Since it's nearly midnight (UK time) I'll put my bet down for tomorrow, the 30th. Even though I know I'm not in the US so I can't win a prize. Being correct is prize enough.

BARKSTAR

Banned
The Playstation Network service will be up and running in no time. Cut Sony some slack for fucks sake. We have a great service being provided to the majority of us for free and everyone is blowing it out of proportion.

If my details are in the hands of some random bugger of course I will be pissed off but will deal with the situation accordingly if I have to.

I'm as frustrated with the lack of service as the next guy but at the end of the day, these things can happen. We only live once, and there is plenty of other shit to worry about until this gets sorted. Will seen you all on the network soon! :)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Dead Man Typing said:
Just tried to sign in and I'm not getting the maintenance message any more. It's now says it's failed to sign in and it's taking longer trying.

Maybe we're not as far away from it coming back online as some people think? Since it's nearly midnight (UK time) I'll put my bet down for tomorrow, the 30th. Even though I know I'm not in the US so I can't win a prize. Being correct is prize enough.
We won't be able to sign in until the new firmware update is released, I think.

So it would be better to keep checking the System Update tab instead of trying to sign in.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
There's not word on if they'll extend PSN plus memberships a couple weeks since the service was down is there? I don't see anything in the OP.

All I've heard is SOE will compensate DC Universe and Free Realms players, and Sony haven't yet decided how to compensate everyone else.

Zoe

yyr said:
Yes they were.

http://blog.binghammchale.com/know-your-disclosure-obligations-in-the-event-of-a-data-breach/

This is just an example of one state law, but in most places in the US (at the least), if you collect personal information from people, you must notify those people in the event of a leak, by law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privacy_law

We've already gone over this... they were only obligated to inform those who were compromised. They didn't have to inform the public at large.

BeeDog

chubigans said:
We won't be able to sign in until the new firmware update is released, I think.

So it would be better to keep checking the System Update tab instead of trying to sign in.

If you try to log onto PSN when there's an available update, it prompts the user to update anyway.

Salmonax

Well, I've changed all the passwords I can think to change, although I'm sure I'm forgetting some. Thanks for this, Sony. Really fun.

Has there been any further confirmation about credit card numbers?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
There's not word on if they'll extend PSN plus memberships a couple weeks since the service was down is there? I don't see anything in the OP.
This is the official response (it's in the OP):

Q.15 I want my money back (subscription fee, content) since the PSN/Qriocity was not available.

When the full services are restored and the length of the outage is known, we will assess the correct course of action.

They have a longer statement that says the same thing in the US FAQ (not linked in the OP):

Q: I want my money back (subscription fee, content) since the PSN/Qriocity was not available.
A: While we are still assessing the impact of this incident, we recognize that this may have had financial impact on our loyal customers. We are currently reviewing options and will update you when the service is restored.

test_account

XP-39C²
Salmonax said:
Has there been any further confirmation about credit card numbers?
It was confirmed that the CVV security code on back of the cards are not stored on the PSN servers. Other than that, i dont think that there is much more news on it (other than that the CC info is encrypted on the PSN servers).

Killthee said:
This is the official response (it's in the OP):

They have a longer statement that says the same thing in the US FAQ (not linked in the OP):

Ya, saw the first one but not the extended. I was curious if they updated it at all from there or if it was still "under review" so to speak.

Irish

Screw it, I guess I'll add myself to the million other people in the May 3rd slot. :p

I just hope it comes back up soon so I can finish this Portal 2 co-op.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom