• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Hack Update: FAQs in OP, Read before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hex

Banned
params7 said:
About the CVV codes, I do remember putting in the code when entering the card for the first time..can anybody else 100% confirm that PSN never ever asked for the CVV codes? Or asked them every time manually?
They ask for them when you buy something but they do not keep them on file, it is a federal regulation.

just for an interesting note about all this:

today i went to my bank (bank of america) to cancel my debit card that is on file with PSN and get a new one

well they told me that on April, 22nd there was a replacement card ordered for me....i told them that i never requested that until today, and she immediately asked, "oh...do you maybe use Sony Playstation?"

i told her that was exactly why i was doing this....and she said that they were notified about the PSN issue and had ordered replacement cards for some customers

i checked the mail as soon as i got home and my replacement card was in fact in my mail today

so.....22nd was 4-5 days before sony announced publicly about any leaked information

Sony obviously told some Banks about specific issues with Credit/Debit Cards then told the public.....meh...maybe

sorry if this has been posted before, but i haven't got to read the last few pages

Progmetal

I've just noticed a transaction on my Credit Card I use for PSN for the amount of $12500.

Called as soon as I could and closed my card. Hmmmmm, sceptic..

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
@neostapler If that is true, then that's good news.

Progmetal said:
I've just noticed a transaction on my Credit Card I use for PSN for the amount of $12500.

Take a pic and post it. Cover up information if you have to.

pj

Banned
Hex said:
They ask for them when you buy something but they do not keep them on file, it is a federal regulation.

How do I buy stuff on XBL, amazon and PSN without entering the CCV every time, then?

sadaiyappan

I think it will come back up on May 4th (for me here in India) which is May 3rd night in US. So the time when the US store usually updates and releases new demos.

Progmetal said:

I have a hard time believing this. It should be simple to screen cap and show the pending charge.

Progmetal

Rebel Leader said:
Every time someone says "ahh charges on my card"

Never takes a pic of it as proof and I'm tired of it.

Here's the pic. It says 74 720 Norwegian Kroner Reserved and that I have 0.00 left on the card. :O

Gebyrfri.jpg

A.KU.MU said:

Luckyman said:

Awesome. I hope that people are beginning to see that this issue is actually really important. Data theft on this scale severely undermines consumer confidence in information services among other things, so I hope that Sony doesn't just disregard the questions being asked about this. A little mea culpa would go a long way too.

It's good to see that people are starting to wake up to the fact that you're allowed to enjoy Sony products while still being rational and criti-

Zoe said:
We've already gone over this... they were only obligated to inform those who were compromised. They didn't have to inform the public at large.

Aw jeez. Dude how do you hide the possible theft of 77 million accounts? They went public because they had no choice, not because they're such good little corporate citizens.

Wario64 said:
WHEN DOES PSN GO UP NEOGAF BETTING LIST

Betting list closes at 12:01 AM PDT April 30th :)

This is for partial functionality, as in being able to login to PSN at minimum (but I'll list you if you only guess full funct.)

PRIZES ARE BEING OFFERED!
Whoever guesses the date correctly gets to choose between a $20 prize of your choice (PSN, MS Points, Nintendo Points, Steam, etc. as long as it's in North America) (thanks to Mr_Elysia), or a limited edition Xbox 360 faceplate from Zero Hour (thanks to Krakatoa). If there are multiple winners, I will use some randomizer thingy to chose a random winner. If no one guesses the date right, well...a random person from the whole pool will be chosen just for participating.
I will do another drawing for the prize that the winner didn't choose within the winning date pool. If only 1 person guessed the correct date, then everyone will be in the pool.

Keep in mind, we'll use the USA region to determine when PSN goes up, and it will be based on the Pacific time zone. So if it goes up at 11:59 PM PDT on May 4th, then May 4th is the winning date.

If your name isn't listed or is in the wrong date, let me know

April 29 - EL Beefo, demigod
April 30 - hikarutilmitt, Rewrite, YianGaruga, Sblargh, Adamm
May 1 - Marius_, ULTROS!, ApolloJoh, RbBrdMan, mr stroke, Tonza, jayb, Trin3785, dirkdiggy, robut, Seraphis Cain, mufraka, Beam, B1gg_Randall
May 2 - Wario64, Hex, AwesomeSauce, Dead Man, plainr_, pharmboy044, chubigans, KingOfKong, Miutsu, reKon, PigSpeakers, Jinfash, Complexgod, onQ123, Trevelyon, Kccitystar, Killthee, Fistwell, Atruvius, Jaroof, polyh3dron, shagg_187, LiK, Jax, get2sammyb, Giriath_89, grkazan12, electroshockwave, Hanmik, TheSeks, enewtabie, The_Darkest_Red, aristotle, fadetoblack, Zoibie, Sp3eD, Oni Jazar, Withnail, giancarlo123x, caliblue15, TheBrain76, Cloudius12, Firehead, FINALBOSS
May 3 - xaosslug, arnoldocastillo2003, Professor Beef, gutter_trash, Dreamgazer, QuantumBro, RustyNails, ZeroRay, polg, daegan, Stoffinator, angelfly, StunandStab, Kaizer, Revolutionary, spats, Xater, lawblob, MooMoo, hirokazu, DMeisterJ, cjtiger300, Dedication Through Light, KenOD, No_Style, DaBuddaDa, gl0w, BLSwagger10, Kung Fu Grip, vilmer_, xKilltheMx, spindashing, phosphor112, Paznos, DenogginizerOS, Zoe, Shalashaska, Majine, LyleLanley, Rebel Leader, gregor7777, FunkyPajamas, Dark Schala, Crewnh
May 4 - Ickman3400, RPGCrazied, Sword Familiar, Prodigal, V_Ben, BeeDog, PjotrStroganov, Mr_Brit, Neuromancer, Rikyfree, darkjedi187, Ikkarus, iNvidious01, Billychu, Mikey Jr., raebodep, lastinline, Arpharmd B, sn1pes, kinoki, Manticore, offshore
May 5- upJTboogie, CcrooK, TOM f'N CRUISE, Voltron64, Marrshu, JLG-, upJTboogie, Metalmurphy, olimpia84, CadetMahoney, NYR, falconzss, MushroomSamba
May 6 - Snack, UberTag, Aselith, StevePharma, Y2Kev, Urban Scholar, _dementia, Xiul, ChocolateCupcakes
May 7 - Dipindots, pslayer666, Persona7, AlberichMX
May 8 - nny, leroidys, BlueSummers
May 9 - shintoki, Mooreberg, Proposed Law, blazinglazers, Violater
May 10 - Noshino, Baconbitz, CitizenCope, purple cobra, nckillthegrimace
May 11 - Kafel, timetokill, ithorien
May 12 - DavieC726, Beer Monkey
May 13 - The Spoony Hou
May 14 - bernardobri
May 15 - Megadragon15, Jakeh111

May 17 - Winterblink, D4Danger
May 18 - keit4, izakq

May 23 - Ryu Hayabusa

May 25 - Firest0rm

May 27 - RPG_Fanatic

May 30 - DryEyeRelief
May 31 - equap
June 1 - Sgt.Pepper
June 2 - SteelAttack

June 6 - DrForester, Hexadecimalt

June 16 - Brannon

July 4 - Krakatoa
July 5 - TigerUppercut

July 7 - nli10

Nov 1 - Net_Wrecker

Nov 11 - vissione

Dec 12 2012 - Combichristoffersen

Dec 21 2012 - Jal

How about including time of the day to narrow down the result. Unless you ae ready to shell out $1000 worth of cards.

My guess may 2nd 1:00 AM

Raistlin

Progmetal said:

I'm sorry ... but pic or GTFO. I find this VERY suspect.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
GTP_Daverytimes said:
How about including time of the day to narrow down the result. Unless you ae ready to shell out $1000 worth of cards.

My guess may 2nd 1:00 AM

Too deep now to ask for times, you can take over the list if you want to have that nightmare-ish job, lol.

Majine

Banned
For the betting, what is the definition of PSN being "up"? Considering they said only some parts of it may go up next.

EDIT: I should really read.

I predict May 2nd... I think it goes up in the evening to give people time to change passwords and put in new cc info for the Tuesday PSN update.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Professor Beef said:
Why were you searching for "shit for brain?"

Well let's see.. I ask for a pic

gafer says "Here's the pic"

Let's add that with the google search and.....

I'm the shit for brains =O

Raistlin

jim-jam bongs said:
The one he already posted isn't enough?
Didn't see it.

Unfortunately it's not in English, so I can't really comment on what I'm seeing.

Regardless, what does a 'balance of $0' even mean? This isn't a credit card, it's a bank card.

Progmetal

Professor Beef said:
Why were you searching for "shit for brain?"

Lol. I was just wondering what the term meant and forgot it was still there in the search window.

Raistlin said:
Regardless, what does a 'balance of $0' even mean? This isn't a credit card, it's a bank card

It's a credit card with 75000 kroner credit to use on it.

Raistlin said:
Didn't see it.

Unfortunately it's not in English, so I can't really comment on what I'm seeing.

Regardless, what does a 'balance of $0' even mean? This isn't a credit card, it's a bank card.

Ever heard of credit-debit cards? It actually says the funds are reserved which is what happens when you make a charge to one.

snackman

Banned
I got one email from Sony EU just now to my Yahoo account when I made a spare one to try and download Theme Park for my PSP. I think I used a fake address there lol but no email yet for my US one yet :/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom