• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Ridge Racers Famitsu scans

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Die Squirrel Die said:
I just hope they don't try to rape us Euros on launchday to make up the windfall in the Japanese/US price, 'cause it's getting kinda hard to resist the temptation to be standing in line for one.

Just buy the Japanese one. If you are worried about region locks, wait for initial comments.

UK price is likely to be more than JPN/US price, so just import. Its a global charger, so you don't need a stepdown.

ourumov

They are going to rape us, that's for sure. But the problem with importing is that you really don't know what the final price will be. I am sure there is gonna be shortage and that will make stores like Play-Asia increase their prices.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Does Play asia have a track record in this? eg, they have 100 units. Do they abide by their price and ship to the first 100, or keep pushing the price up until the number of orders drops to 100?

I've only used them once, and they were good and fast, but if they do the price hike thing, thats pretty shitty.

Midas

ourumov said:
Don't know...I think I might be importing but a month after the launch...when things have calmed down.

Sounds like a smart idea. I'm getting one in January/February depending on my economical situation.

Miburou

What are those three colored rectangles (red, orange and yellow) on the left side of the screen, under the total time? They seem to fill up when you do something.

Also, in the pic in the bottom right corner of the second page, there's a radar like thing that looks like Rally X?

neo2046

Miburou said:
What are those three colored rectangles (red, orange and yellow) on the left side of the screen, under the total time? They seem to fill up when you do something.

Also, in the pic in the bottom right corner of the second page, there's a radar like thing that looks like Rally X?
nitro

xexex

Banned
I'm completely stoked for Ridge Racers.

i forget if its launching on Dec 12th with the PSP or not.........

ourumov said:
Don't know...I think I might be importing but a month after the launch...when things have calmed down.

I might wait for the US launch. I kinda like my games in English. Also I not intrepid enough to import until someone else has tested the region-freeness of the games.

Jonnyram

xexex said:
I'm completely stoked for Ridge Racers.
i forget if its launching on Dec 12th with the PSP or not.........
That hasn't been announced yet. So far only MinGol has been announced for the 12th.

neo2046

HP opened http://namco-ch.net/ridgeracers_psp/index.php
screen shots http://namco-ch.net/ridgeracers_psp/screenshot/index.php
modes http://namco-ch.net/ridgeracers_psp/mode/
courses http://namco-ch.net/ridgeracers_psp/course/
machines http://namco-ch.net/ridgeracers_psp/machine/

ss1-1b.jpg
ss1-2b.jpg
ss1-3b.jpg
ss1-4b.jpg
ss1-5b.jpg
ss1-6b.jpg
ss1-7b.jpg
ss1-8b.jpg
ss1-9b.jpg
ss1-10b.jpg
ss1-11b.jpg
ss1-12b.jpg
ss1-13b.jpg
ss1-14b.jpg
ss1-15b.jpg

wazoo

Socreges said:
This should be on the PS2. :\

When your home console serie is dying on home console and reviewers trashed the last iteration, there is only 2 options

1/ seriously try to correct your mistakes
2/ do a PSP port

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
Sonic DS has better motion blur! Looks good though. Just about the only PSP title that looks like it pushing the system. Textures aren't too hot though.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Shogmaster said:
Ridge Racer PSP - Dec 12th 2004: 5040 yen

ss1-5b.jpg
ss1-8b.jpg

Ridge Racer DS - late November 2004: approx. 4800 yen

ridge-racer-ds-20041101052828132.jpg
ridge-racer-ds-20041101052828460.jpg

Also, the PSP screen is bigger and in a higher resolution than NDS when you play the game. Those screens actually make it look smaller. ;)

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
I would be very, very happy if they include a lot of RRIV tracks. That game had some of the greatest tracks I ever saw in racegames, together with Wip3out. Especially the mountain track with a big-ass white bridge and star observervatory's thingies.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Koshiro said:
ss1-9b.jpg

What is it with portables and road textures?

What is with racers and the fact that 90% of the time you are going way to fast to notice the ground textures ?

Do you want massive shimmering or what :) ?

Likely, this being a first generation PSP title and all, made a trade-off between the ground texture and detail in other parts of the scenery and in the cars.

Falch

Damn, that looks great. I might pick a PSP up if it's less than 200 Euro at launch (which will probably be around March for Europe, right?).

Koshiro

Aren't we forgetting the point of DS though? The idea is to lower development costs and rely more on different methods of interaction. Just look at the state of the UK industry, seriously, we need lower development costs bad...

Koshiro said:
Aren't we forgetting the point of DS though? The idea is to lower development costs and rely more on different methods of interaction. Just look at the state of the UK industry, seriously, we need lower development costs bad...

Lower than what? I doubt DS dev costs are lower than GBA SP. ;)

Society said:
I was being kind too. The DS looks 'older' (worse) than the n64 one.

Just to be fair, doesn't the DS one have better frame rate? You know, 30FPS vs the usual 15FPS of the N64 games. ;)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Ridge Racer PSP - Dec 12th 2004: 5040 yen

Ridge Racer DS - February 14, 2000: approx. 4800 yen

You know that DS price is without sales tax, and the PSP price is including tax? So both the same price. (4800 + 5% = 5040 yen)

Kon Tiki

Banned
Shogmaster said:
Just to be fair, doesn't the DS one have better frame rate? You know, 30FPS vs the usual 15FPS of the N64 games. ;)
At this point we are bitching about stills. When the games get released, then we bitch about framerate. One step at a time.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Looks fucking better than RR5!
It does.

Thre doesn't seem to be any texture shimmering or big aliasing problems anywhere. The pics have some free AA due to being slightly downsized, though.

What is it with portables and road textures?
Looks better than RRV road textures to me. Better filtered as well.

Any system with the amount RAM PSP has.
I don't know... It looks about what I'd expect it would. Remember that you can't use all of the 32MB in PSP for the game code and assets. Btw, from that one quote you gave from the IGN mailbag - how did you know it was Factor V guy talking that, and why do you think they are even working on PSP, when the quote was "If we wanted, we could make a PSP game that would look about the same as out best looking GC games".

Top Bottom