• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puck You, I'm Doing Me: An EASHL Saga: From Foes to Bros

McNei1y

Don't know about that. If we have 6 of us online we should just play some intrasquad games so that at least some of us level up.

While it's a good point, I think we should do 6v6 since it's good competition. No harm in practicing shit out when/if we're losing by a large margin.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
If you're chasing the puck because you don't think the defender can get it, then you can't blame him when he wants to leak out to the spot where you're supposed to be on offense. You're supposed to receive passes to leak out, not the other way around

Thats why I dont complain when it happens on occasion. But your boy was doing it all game. I know that if I come forward to help, there is a gap behind me and I count on you guys to adjust on the fly. But there is a difference in adjusting and just attempting to play that position all game. We dont NEED to score a ton of points but we need to not let the other team do so. And until I feel comfortable that we can, I'm gonna be helping.

Mrbob

that is really funny because when we play you are never in the right spot either and demand passing at the worst times

We haven't played together in awhile. We've gone head to head only recently and our team spanks dat ass. Don't lump me into your own teams kobe complex.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
The best kind of help to give a defenseman is space for him to make an outlet pass as soon as he gets the puck. This can be accomplished by getting between him and the goal or up the boards out of the zone. The first person I seek for help is my other defenseman. Often, sending the puck along the boards to the opposite side of the rink is the best way to get the puck out of trouble. But Hell, if all else fails, I would rather someone ice the puck than a bunch of us all caught up in a scrum trying to get the puck from one guy.

Sanjuro

We need to dump the puck more and involve the defensemen in on the offense more. It's not easy though. If we're up against a team that knows what they're doing it's going to be tough.

The defensemen need to be in a position where they can make a move towards the puck and advance it up to the net. When that happens as a winger, I need to get back to cover their position.

Thats why I dont complain when it happens on occasion. But your boy was doing it all game. I know that if I come forward to help, there is a gap behind me and I count on you guys to adjust on the fly. But there is a difference in adjusting and just attempting to play that position all game. We dont NEED to score a ton of points but we need to not let the other team do so. And until I feel comfortable that we can, I'm gonna be helping.

I agree and I told him to stop doing it so much, but I disagree with "we don't need to score a ton of points" our best defense is a good spaced and initiated offense, the more we attack them the less they have the puck, the more we score and make them play like shit on offense

a lot of times our defensemen aren't far back enough and are offensive players are too far back, so we all need to just play our part and trust others to do the same. if one of our defenders gets styled then let their wingers make an amazing shot rather than have them pass around so that we never get it back because the puck keeps straying to an open area on ice where our guys need to be

just try to stay near the point more; if the defenseman fucks up and all, then we can talk shit, but we can't have 2 people going after one puck, cause then it's pretty moot when multiples are out of position

I would say in the intras game that bob's team frequently gets the most bullshit saved-by-the-cpu and lucky ass goals so I can't pin those games on defense or offense. I started converting more on my breakaways so i'm pretty sure that crew is fucked

Mrbob

Yeah, right. The only reason the games were close is because your team had a super goalie. We were doing everything you wanted your own team to do. We were spacing well, playing in position, and moving the puck around. We had double the shots on goal most of the time and were pushing into your zone most of the game.

Yeah, right. The only reason the games were close is because your team had a super goalie. We were doing everything you wanted your own team to do. We were spacing well, playing in position, and moving the puck around. We had double the shots on goal most of the time and were pushing into your zone most of the game.

That sounds like revisionist history to me

a team that has you...is never in the right spot. all you guys do is rely on bullshit

we'll see tonight

I'm guessing there will be a drop in attendance this week with Borderlands releasing.

Borderlands will wait for me

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I was on the team with Bob the first night we did Intrasquad games (the night he flailed in the ice). As I recall, we won both (and I had the game winning goals in the last minute). We felt good as a team and we pretty much kept the puck in our hands most of the game.

BigAT

Does anyone else notice that their pro shop boosts inexplicably get reset sometimes? Seems like when I log in with my Center, a few of his boosts have sometimes been reset to null.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
mr_feeny.gif

Shitty ass EA servers were down, maybe after my Ferny game it'll reemerge

Oh and fuck them too, I hate when you're winning 3-0 in the 1st and everyone else on the other team quits and it inexplicably fucks you over, making nothing count. Fuck

Top Bottom