• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pushmo/Pullblox |OT| of pushing, pulling and QR codes

I'm so terribly vain.

NxRGH.jpg

It's very easy.

tassletine

Anyone else get the impression that this was once a mid price game? reduced perhaps to compensate for the price drop. The quality is amazing. One of the best games of the year in my opinion.

So I bought a points card for Might Switch Force, and decided to get this for the heck of it. I then noticed that the game was actually developed by Intelligent Systems...

I've only played this game 4 times, and I have an average play time of 1:55 with it. This is possibly one of the greatest puzzle games I've ever played. I only have the last two worlds before I finish this game though :(. I amazingly made it this far without any cheats or hints. Though this game does over-estimate the difficulty in some of the puzzles. Most of the 3 star puzzles are brain-dead, though it might just account for the amount length of the puzzle.

I need to put up the Sakura (Street Fighter) one I made. ^_^

-MB-

Damn, I just bought this out of sheer curiosity, because I had some credit left to waste.
But this is quiet the surprise, instantly became my favorite after an hour of playing.
Then I found out all the usercreated puzzles in this thread.. DAMN!
Didn't expect this at all, this little game replaced Xenoblade as GOTY 2011.
Right on the end of the year.

First 50 or so I could breeze through somewhat, the next 50 had some brainteasers that got me stuck for 10 minutes,
Now i'm on Murals 2, and they're starting to kick my ass now, the hamburger one has me stumped for half an hour now. Gonna take a break and continue tomorrow.
At least I have somethign to look forward to waste my Christmas holidays on. :)

EDIT: made my first pushmo puzzle :)

VOnTR.jpg

Damn, I just bought this out of sheer curiosity, because I had some credit left to waste.
But this is quiet the surprise, instantly became my favorite after an hour of playing.
Then I found out all the usercreated puzzles in this thread.. DAMN!
Didn't expect this at all, this little game replaced Xenoblade as GOTY 2011.
Right on the end of the year.

First 50 or so I could breeze through somewhat, the next 50 had some brainteasers that got me stuck for 10 minutes,
Now i'm on Murals 2, and they're starting to kick my ass now, the hamburger one has me stumped for half an hour now. Gonna take a break and continue tomorrow.
At least I have somethign to look forward to waste my Christmas holidays on. :)

EDIT: made my first pushmo puzzle :)

VOnTR.jpg

:D Glad you are enjoying it so much. If Nintendo can release download games of this quality for the Wii U I am going to be a very happy bunny!

If it makes you feel any better I have only just got to the first 'Advanced' puzzles after getting stuck on three puzzles immediately before those. However, after sleeping on it I did them without any trouble and couldn't see why I had got stuck! The mind is a funny thing sometimes :).

Anyone know what the update did? I get 'update available' in the eshop titles you've downloaded page...

No but it must be new because I checked for updates to the titles I have downloaded yesterday and none were available. We'll probably get a notification in a few days telling us that updates are available :).

-MB-

The Platforming one made by panama chief was awesome.
Really gave me the feeling they could make a kickass sidescrolling puzzleplatformer out of any sequel. Maybe add arrows than can reset blocks of the same color back to original state etc etc.

Made another puzzle, this time it's Mouser from SMB2 USA, isn't really a hard one.

AK7LS.jpg

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Got it today played from 1-105

My eyes are destroyed. (will be back on it on some minutes)

Riposte

I don't like the music much at all. Visuals are kind of bland too, but the 3D looks pretty cool I guess.

Anyway, when is the point the game gets "too hard" people like Jeff of Giant Bomb are talking about?

I'm currently on the fourth or fifth set of levels. Forget.

EDIT: Are these fan images actually solvable puzzles or are they Minecraft-esque useless sculptures?

Also I think Catherine might have ruined this game for me. The lack of tension or the game setting a goal of certain number of moves is killing me. Catherine also has puzzles connected to each other to make one large level, which makes it more like a marathon, while these "bite" sized gaming experiences fall flat in comparison. It is like the difference between a good Mario stage and Super Meat Boy.

Anyway, when is the point the game gets "too hard" people like Jeff of Giant Bomb are talking about?

I don't know but I have just got to where extra gadgets are added, which makes things a lot more interesting. I'm not keen on the way this game is layed out, there's a lot of puzzles which have just been padding out the game too much before these new options came along after 80 or so hit and miss levels. What was the point of that Sandwich level with a 2 star difficulty, lol.

-MB-

I don't know but I have just got to where extra gadgets are added, which makes things a lot more interesting. I'm not keen on the way this game is layed out, there's a lot of puzzles which have just been padding out the game too much before these new options came along after 80 or so hit and miss levels. What was the point of that Sandwich level with a 2 star difficulty, lol.

My guess is a lot of that padding is their way of showing u various strategies to solving puzzles
and making sure u do them a few times for u to memorize them better, repetition.

My guess is a lot of that padding is their way of showing u various strategies to solving puzzles
and making sure u do them a few times for u to memorize them better, repetition.

I get that, but it feels like they went a bit overboard with the idea. It forces you through all the tutorial levels, then gives you a set of new ones where some are simpler than the tutorials! I'd have just prefered something a bit less linear really.

Koren

You haven't seen the hardest puzzles yet by a longshot.
I love the game, but I think that the hard puzzles come too late and are too few*... I've only two series left, and I thought that it was pretty straightforward.

That doesn't change the fact that the game is great.

* assuming that there's no hidden series of levels, of course...

-MB-

I love the game, but I think that the hard puzzles come too late and are too few*... I've only two series left, and I thought that it was pretty straightforward.

That doesn't change the fact that the game is great.

* assuming that there's no hidden series of levels, of course...

It's still just a 6$ eshop title, and i'm guessing u will still get enough replay value and super tough puzzles through user made levels.

GhaleonQ

Ah, that's smart.

Yeah, this game has loads of filler. I feel like they have could have cut out of 50% of the levels I did, I'd be cool with it.

I get that impulse for puzzle games, but I'm in it for the, "Ah!" moments and not the stumpers. The more, the better.

It's still just a 6$ eshop title, and i'm guessing u will still get enough replay value and super tough puzzles through user made levels.

Indeed. The QR code aspect really enhances the game's value no end. Plus, of course, there is the possibility of further Nintendo content now that the 3DS is set up to allow DLC in the recent firmware update.

I get that impulse for puzzle games, but I'm in it for the, "Ah!" moments and not the stumpers. The more, the better.

Me too. I am stumped by a couple of puzzles at the moment :(.

Oh, I keep forgetting to say! I love the little sumo side hop the player character makes at the start of the puzzle! :D

So I just beat finished all the worlds and
unlocked Bonus Pushmo. I also got the 100 stars during the end credits, though I don't know what they do atm, unless they're just to make the credits more fun.
. And I must say that this is pretty much my second favorite game of the year. Essentially neck to neck with Super Mario 3D Land. I only got stumped on very few of the puzzles. Though I was able to pull through and finish all of the puzzles with no hints whatsoever. ^_^

Took me a couple minutes past 14 hours to beat the game, and had an average play time of 2 hours and 21 minutes. Which is a litte more than 40 mintues behind my number 1 average play time title of 4 swords, had a 3 hour grind session with my friends on that one lol.

Overall, you are doing yourself a disservice if you do not play this game. ^_^

Effect

I think I've finally reached a puzzle that has me stumped and it seems so simple. Anyone have any hints for 4-13?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Argh, 192 is my sworn enemy.

Rockman

I didn't really know anything about this game until coming upon this thread. After checking out all the custom pixel art an Instapurchase was required for me. Loving it so far! Nicely priced too!

Insaniac

few questions guys:

why can't I make QR codes of my levels?

Why can't I read certain QR codes?

Have you guys encountered any genuinely HARD levels? So far every level I've played has been fairly easy and I've finished the puzzle in maybe under a minute. I have yet to see truly creatively designed puzzles.

I'm at level 3 challenges. And I'm not saying this game isn't good, but I just hope the puzzles get really hard.

M3d10n

There's some true evil in the last batch of puzzles. It's aven more amazing that some of the hardest ones didn't have any gadget, yet I had to come up with new techniques to beat them.

few questions guys:

why can't I make QR codes of my levels?

Why can't I read certain QR codes?

Have you guys encountered any genuinely HARD levels? So far every level I've played has been fairly easy and I've finished the puzzle in maybe under a minute. I have yet to see truly creatively designed puzzles.

I'm at level 3 challenges. And I'm not saying this game isn't good, but I just hope the puzzles get really hard.
In order:
-You can only make QR codes of your levels if you beat them; this is to ensure you can't create unbeatable levels.

-You need to progress far enough in the main game to unlock gadgets and larger puzzles.

-Yeah, there are some stumpers. Although most of the genuinely difficult ones I've encountered have been user-created.

Insaniac

In order:
-You can only make QR codes of your levels if you beat them; this is to ensure you can't create unbeatable levels.

-You need to progress far enough in the main game to unlock gadgets and larger puzzles.

-Yeah, there are some stumpers. Although most of the genuinely difficult ones I've encountered have been user-created.

do I have to beat my created levels in the "test" mode or the actual "play" mode so i can make a QR code? doesn't seem to work either way

edit: nm worked. I guess it undoes it everytime you go into the edit mode regardless of if u change anything

DGRE

Banned
1zZqh.jpg

I know this is incredibly easy but I left it unlocked because I'm sure one of you geniuses could figure out how to make this a compelling puzzle.

Start thinking with portals!

I'm stuck on 4-14, which to me looks much simpler, and much harder.

I just cleared this one and even as i jumped to the goal, i wasn't quite sure how i came to the answer that had eluded me for so long! I think my mind kept trying to think of going upwards, but you have to go down and push the outer ring in more often that you'd think.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
There's some true evil in the last batch of puzzles. It's aven more amazing that some of the hardest ones didn't have any gadget, yet I had to come up with new techniques to beat them.
I haven't tried the bonus levels yet, but 197 was a true mindbender and my favorite puzzle so far.

Top Bottom