• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pushmo/Pullblox World | OT | I see a little silhouetto of a Mallo

Kouriozan

Alright, edited my post (350), hope it'll help people getting stuck at that baby.
Currently doing the yin/yang puzzles, they are great!

Xater

I'm at mural 3 currently.
I'd say there is 25 maps because it said 250 new puzzles (25 x 10 puzzles per maps)

Huh than the game is meatier than I expected it to be. I would have been fine if this was the last world and then I would have to really on user content. That is actually a pretty nice surprise.

ZeroX03

Banned
Is it possible to make Mysterious Puzzles? I didn't see an option in the studio. I've only beaten five or so of them though.

zroid

Banned
I made a lot of pixel art puzzles on 3DS, but I'm going to try to create some actual "puzzle" puzzles this time. Well, assuming I'm not too stupid to come up with them. :lol

I've had no trouble at all through regular puzzle 100, but mysterious Pushmo 8 has had me stumped for about 30 minutes.

EDIT: And just as I say that, I beat it. Phew.

zroid

Banned
Lol, M-8 wasn't that hard. But it was very similar to a puzzle from Pushmo 3DS so I knew what tactic to employ.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Lol, M-8 wasn't that hard. But it was very similar to a puzzle from Pushmo 3DS so I knew what tactic to employ.
It's not hard per se, but it's easy for the player to get on the wrong branch of thought. After 20 minutes or so I was 'what the heck have I been doing?' as the solution crystallized.

Penguin

Good to see that I get stuck on the same puzzles as the rest of GAF

It's like Nintendo was like "throw something simple at em but make it look really tough" because most of these can break down to overthinking of following the flow of the previous puzzles

Foffy

Banned
It's not hard per se, but it's easy for the player to get on the wrong branch of thought. After 20 minutes or so I was 'what the heck have I been doing?' as the solution crystallized.

I wish I felt like this with some of the puzzles I'm stuck on. I have no idea on how I'm getting through so many Mysterious Pushmo and yet, 115 has literally stumped me. I can't even think of alternate routes on how to solve it.

I had no trouble with the Baby, but it seems an Astronaut is out of my reach. ;__;

daydream

Banned
I wish I felt like this with some of the puzzles I'm stuck on. I have no idea on how I'm getting through so many Mysterious Pushmo and yet, 115 has literally stumped me. I can't even think of alternate routes on how to solve it.

I had no trouble with the Baby, but it seems an Astronaut is out of my reach. ;__;

So, I just solved the astronaut. Took me maybe 20 minutes, though most of that time went to figuring out the "twist" of the puzzle. Let me know if you want me to write up a solution.

Here is a hint:
The upper button of the astronaut is key. Obviously your goal is to get to the blue ladder, so take another look at those blocks and consider all your options.

maxcriden

We've done like 40 Pushmo so far and it's a great game, lots of fun, and very clever. I'm having Tetris Syndrome though where I see the pushing of blocks when I close my eyes.

daydream

Banned
The M levels are seriously cool, colour me impressed. Love how they shake up the formula, and the fact that it can be tweaked and still remain fun and engaging is a testament to how rock solid and timeless the core puzzle mechanic is.

rpmurphy

Every time I play this (also the 3DS one), the sound effects remind me of IntSys's Dragon Quest Wars game (since some of them are taken from it), which reminds me of the state of DQ games here.

;_;

Hugstable

Banned
Every time I play this (also the 3DS one), the sound effects remind me of IntSys's Dragon Quest Wars game (since some of them are taken from it), which reminds me of the state of DQ games here.

;_;

This just made me sad :(. I still have faith it's coming! I need my Dragon Quest Reggie!

Anyway all these custom puzzles people ha e posted so far look really well done, especially the Wonderful Red one. I still havent fully finished Crashmo, but I'm kinda tempted to get this now for big screen PushMo.

daydream

Banned
I must be missing something with M-40. I'm right at the end but I can't figure out the last trick to get to the flag. I'm trying to set it up in my mind but the ideal configuration seems impossible to achieve.

Probably the first puzzle I'd consider difficult so far. Edit: never mind, I just overlooked a teleport, lol. Puzzle was pretty easy, after all. Bit of a bummer.

I feel ashamed to have not known about what Pushmo was--and the devs behind it!--until the Treehouse stream for the Wii U version.

I lack a Wii U still, sadly, but I'll be buying the 3DS one right now. I'll be lurking this thread and hoping you guys post some 3DS-friendly QR codes so I can add them in the coming days :p

Kouriozan

Reached puzzles 91+, that's a nice surprise!
Oh and 92 took me a long time to complete >.<

Edit : unlike 93 :lol
Dat difficulty curve! Taking a break now.

Kouriozan

Alright, currently at puzzle 99 and mysterious puzzle 32.
Will play again tonight, it's my first Pullblox I bought and it was well worth it!

zroid

Banned
Oh yeah it was 90 that brutalized me, not 92. I didn't find 92 too bad, lol. It was a very cool puzzle though, I just sort of had a good idea of what I needed to do from the beginning.

zroid

Banned

So, I just solved the astronaut. Took me maybe 20 minutes, though most of that time went to figuring out the "twist" of the puzzle. Let me know if you want me to write up a solution.

Here is a hint:
The upper button of the astronaut is key. Obviously your goal is to get to the blue ladder, so take another look at those blocks and consider all your options.

I just finished his one, it was pretty tricky. I think I had a decent idea of what to do but the execution was tougher than I expected.

-------

ediit: the matryoshka dolls one was fantastic. not mind-meltingly difficult, but very very creative.

BowieZ

Banned
My latest two Koopalings:

O58bBya.jpg

nte0z4G.jpg

Note: they are no longer 3DS compatible. Buy a Wii U!

Foffy

Banned

Here is a hint:

I figured this out on my own, and I lost my shit. I couldn't stop laughing at how simple it is.

I also think I'm at the last Pushmo,
120. Now I feel super stumped. I have no idea on how to get both yellow ladders up.

daydream

Banned
I figured this out on my own, and I lost my shit. I couldn't stop laughing at how simple it is.

I also think I'm at the last Pushmo,
120. Now I feel super stumped. I have no idea on how to get both yellow ladders up.

Glad to hear it, haha. I stopped at 118 yesterday, hope I can finish this bad boy later.

Top Bottom