• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pushmo/Pullblox World | OT | I see a little silhouetto of a Mallo

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I had couple of minutes of WTF at no. 37. I wanted to write a W101 in those moments, but then it hit me. Combo and done.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
If somebody has been neglecting the 'mysterious' puzzles like yours truly, you've been missing some quality fun. Nifty new mechanics!

zroid

Banned
If somebody has been neglecting the 'mysterious' puzzles like yours truly, you've been missing some quality fun. Nifty new mechanics!

just tried it. So good!

btw am I crazy or do some of these M-puzzles look A LOT like puzzles which appeared in the original Pushmo?

Kouriozan

What the, I'm missing something obvious I guess, but stuck on level 65.

Edit : nevermind!
It happen to me everytime :lol
Going back to those mysterious ones.

octopiggy

Wow, difficulty definitely ramps up towards the end of Murals 3. Look out for No. 76
Orange
& No. 79
Pineapple

daydream

Banned
I'll try and add all the puzzles you guys post as an image in here. Gonna start going through them once I'm done with the base game.

Edit: Yay, someone left a nice comment for my Barista. <3 I wonder if "old" puzzles just fade into obscurity unless they become really popular?

daydream

Banned
Integrated Miiverse is really awesome.
You can see the posted messages so fast, it get me really excited for Mario Maker.

Could be so much better, though. Off the top of my head:

a) Needs some kind of 'quick save' option for levels.
b) Better catalogue/browsing options. The way it's handled with only two categories is unfair to 80-90% of the creations.
c) QR codes are a pain, puzzles should have codes or something that makes them easier to add (if you're sharing them via image).

maxcriden

We got stuck on 18 for a few minutes but beat it. In our defense, we're both really beat. Anyway, 19 down so far, plenty more to go surely. Lots of fun.

Kouriozan

Currently making an awesome puzzle, it's taking tons of time but will looks awesome!
Edit : there it is, finally done.

Qy1fZDs.jpg

Good luck!

daydream

Banned
^wow, nice job Kourio!

Yeah, too tired to get anywhere with 90, so I'm taking a break. I remember the 3DS equivalent requiring methodical foresight which I can't muster right now.

Fired it up, finished it in 30sec.

You never forget how to Pushmo, 'tis like riding a bike. 8)

Just out of curiousity, how does the "feedback" feature differ from the Miiverse icon? Haven't really looked into it so I apologize if it's a simple explanation.

After hitting feedback it seems like the format for a Miiverse post appears so I wasn't sure if it gets posted in the general Miiverse thread for the game or is a direct to developer system of some sort.

zroid

Banned
Just out of curiousity, how does the "feedback" feature differ from the Miiverse icon? Haven't really looked into it so I apologize if it's a simple explanation.

After hitting feedback it seems like the format for a Miiverse post appears so I wasn't sure if it gets posted in the general Miiverse thread for the game or is a direct to developer system of some sort.

It basically gets tagged with the level itself. I think it's more for users to look for advice or impressions for specific levels than anything else.

I just love this game. Took about 10-15 minutes on No. 58
Dory level
and couldn't figure it out for whatever reason. Get back to it two hours later and boom, first try. I remember doing that so many times with the first one.

zroid

Banned
Does anyone actually play this game on the TV as opposed to the GamePad? Can't imagine why I'd ever want to... unless I was demonstrating it to a friend or something.

Sify64

Does anyone actually play this game on the TV as opposed to the GamePad? Can't imagine why I'd ever want to... unless I was demonstrating it to a friend or something.

I prefer playing the game on the TV because the colours look slightly brighter. But i don't mind playing it on the gamepad now and then.

maxcriden

TV here too. My wife and I alternate Pushmos so it's more fun with both of us watching the same screen.

Guamu

Loved the original pushmo so i got this. Played a little, reached level 30. Let's se how i fare later with the rest of the puzzles

daydream

Banned
Yeah, Gamepad for me. Didn't see any benefits to playing on the TV, and the Gamepad is just a much more comfortable and flexible screen option.

zroid

Banned
I prefer playing the game on the TV because the colours look slightly brighter. But i don't mind playing it on the gamepad now and then.

Ah, gotcha :p

For me coming from the 3DS game it just feels perfect on a "handheld". I like putting something else on the TV while playing, like soccer or whatever.

TV here too. My wife and I alternate Pushmos so it's more fun with both of us watching the same screen.

Right yeah, if there were someone else with me I would definitely do that. Makes sense.

daydream

Banned
Arrived at what I assume are the last ten puzzles in Pullblox Park. There's been some challenging ones for sure, but nothing that has taken me more than 15 minutes.

So far, I'd say the game is about as difficult or maybe a little bit easier than the 3DS one. The actual difficulty progression has been a tiny bit uneven, on the other hand. Encountered some downward swings in the 101-110 pack. Just speaking from my experience, of course - naturally, the levels will play out differently for different players.

stuminus3

Why can't I use the pro controller aaaaaaaaaaaargh. I was totally ready to introduce my wife to the wonderful world of Pushmo, but she doesn't like the Wii U pad and won't use it. :/

BooJoh

After further investigation, I really don't like how the Pushmo Fair is organized.

At any given time, you have access to 200 puzzles in the Players' Pushmo section. And bear in mind that this is worldwide, not regional.

Best I can tell, Popular will display the top 100 puzzles played for the previous day. I'm assuming it's based either on play count, or some combination of play count, Yeahs, and comments combined, but play count definitely seems to be a factor since some puzzles with less Yeahs and comments are higher on the list than others with more. This would be okay, except we get things like "Hardest Pushmo," a single block puzzle, sitting in 4th place probably because so many people load it up, solve it, and move on, bumping its play count a lot. This will also probably result in the Popular list being comprised mostly of Pushmo that were already in the Popular list. Granted it says "among those recently received" so I'm guessing those have an expiration date.

Side note: I made the Popular list, yay! Just barely took the very last spot on the list.

Newest displays the most recent 100 puzzles to be published. As more people pick up the game, this will speed up before eventually slowing down. So you don't have much time to get the amount of plays required to make the Popular list before your Pushmo is no longer in the in-game listings at all -- at least for other players.

Which brings me to my last point: Your Pushmo displays all the puzzles you yourself have uploaded. The very fact that this list is here means your Pushmo are still on the server even after nobody else can find them. This just seems dumb. Where are the options to view older Pushmo, or the previous days' popular Pushmo, or more importantly your friends' Pushmo and all Pushmo created by certain users? Sure you can find those last two on Miiverse if you feel like messing with QR codes, but this should be built into the game.

In that light, I think people should try to bring this to Nintendo's attention, because this might just be something we could get in a patch. I made a Miiverse post about it if anyone wants to give it a Yeah in hopes that it'll bring the ideas to Nintendo's attention. https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlZQ1wgSg

Robin64

Not having a "Friends Stages" is pretty terrible, to be honest.

But after how Mario Kart 7/8 and Wii Fit U handled communities, I was really disappointed to see we couldn't make a GAF one and all post puzzles there. That would have been amazing.

daydream

Banned
Anyone have any solution for the 115th Pushmo? I am absolutely fucking lost on it.

I'd say come back to it later to try again. This usually does the trick. I can try and reproduce my method if you're desperate, though, I guess. :p

Edit: Actually, I don't know if I stopped at 115 or 116, so I'd have to check.

Robin64

Okay, made it to the 60s. That feeling when a puzzle is made up of just four pieces and I sit and go "BWUH?!"...

Kouriozan

Okay, made it to the 60s. That feeling when a puzzle is made up of just four pieces and I sit and go "BWUH?!"...
Oh yeah, I had some "wtf" moment there, I think I stopped at n°65 or 66, don't want to rush, and no skip so far.

For the integrated Miiverse, it needs a friends section for sure, and a search function.
Anyway, there is Mario Vs. Donkey Kong coming before Mario Maker, plenty of time to improve that.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
thread literally exploded in a few days, awesome!

it also reminds me I still have to play it; such a shame on me

Xater

I am already at murals 2 but I was still not able to solve the baby puzzle. Is there a video of that out there or something. I just don#t know how to get up the head.

Top Bottom