• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my current box.

IMG

I know I need to max their levels first but I at least want to have the materials before I start working on it.

Why take up your space with evo materials when you will need that space to power up your monsters? The only EVO materials I keep are Keepers and divine masks, everything else is so cheap to grind out I don't bother keeping it. With only 35 spaces, you need to focus on powering up your monsters before evolving them. Otherwise you will never be able to properly power them up.

What stage are you on?

You have the makings of an ADK and CDK team, and plenty of dragons to round that out.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So my inventory is full of lits/masks, should i just sell them and wait for thursday dungeon when i actually need them for evo? Inventory is constantly full but they are so boring to grind...

You should write down what monsters you are planning to evolve over the next week, figure out what evo mats you need, and then chuck the rest (obviously you wouldn't chuck the hard to get mats regardless). I did that and freed up so much space.

Aggrotek

Why take up your space with evo materials when you will need that space to power up your monsters? The only EVO materials I keep are Keepers and divine masks, everything else is so cheap to grind out I don't bother keeping it. With only 35 spaces, you need to focus on powering up your monsters before evolving them. Otherwise you will never be able to properly power them up.

What stage are you on?

You have the makings of an ADK and CDK team, and plenty of dragons to round that out.

Well I collected the lits to try and do the resolve team for the Wednesday dungeon. Right now I am currently at Twin Temple Diana. I thought the Dragon Fruits were hard to get so I kept them.

Well I collected the lits to try and do the resolve team for the Wednesday dungeon. Right now I am currently at Twin Temple Diana. I thought the Dragon Fruits were hard to get so I kept them.

What do you want out of the wednesday dungeon? Because at this point in the game (before technical dungeons) you may be better off just trying to get lucky with the metal dragon dungeons and powering through to the castle of Satan.

You need a Dark keeper for D'Spinas to evolve, but other than that the rest of the items are easy to get, and the Dragon Knight and Dark Dragon Knight need Fruits (so keep them). you will need masks for them to evolve, but you are at least a half million EXP away from being able to evolve them. (400,000 each to level 70)

HINT: The first technical dungeon makes it ridiculously easy to level up your Dragon knight,

If I were you I would focus on powering up your dragon knight and dark dragon knight, get some good GAF friends on your list (to help with the dungeons until then), and power through the game to Technicals.

Aggrotek

What do you want out of the wednesday dungeon? Because at this point in the game (before technical dungeons) you may be better off just trying to get lucky with the metal dragon dungeons and powering through to the castle of Satan.

You need a Dark keeper for D'Spinas to evolve, but other than that the rest of the items are easy to get, and the Dragon Knight and Dark Dragon Knight need Fruits (so keep them). you will need masks for them to evolve, but you are at least a half million EXP away from being able to evolve them. (400,000 each to level 70)

HINT: The first technical dungeon makes it ridiculously easy to level up your Dragon knight,

If I were you I would focus on powering up your dragon knight and dark dragon knight, get some good GAF friends on your list (to help with the dungeons until then), and power through the game to Technicals.

Thanks for the advice. I feel like such a noob at this game lol. I'm glad I got the Lil' Black Dragon today, he will really help later on. I guess I just need to work on leveling for now. :)

Do you have any good leaders? My ID is 347,843,206.

MicH

Decided to buy $23 worth of stones to get some Water monsters.. really disappointed with what I got: Shardra, Shardran (yep), Drall, Fenrir Knight, Fairlio and Beserk. Really hoped I would get a Viper Orochi :(

Decided to buy $23 worth of stones to get some Water monsters.. really disappointed with what I got: Shardra, Shardran (yep), Drall, Fenrir Knight, Fairlio and Beserk. Really hoped I would get a Viper Orochi :(

Fenrir Knighti s pretty good. Actually any mystic knight is pretty good. I would even go so far as to say really good / necessary later on. Berserk is pretty decent when he evolves as well, he's one of the 2 end drops of the 2 Heroes Descended dungeon that we were supposed to get today but didn't (and that dungeon is on the same difficulty as Hera). Don't feel bad about not getting a Viper Orochi, I spent more than you did and still didn't get him :( Kind of butthurt about it actually :(

Fully evolved Drall also makes a good addition to a dragon team when running dual ADKs, if you don't have enough rippers.

I've come to the conslusion finally that anything you get from the rare egg machine is good. The only exception is if it's a duplicate, and even then only sometimes (for example mutliple mystic knights or rippers isn't a bad thing). Just depends on how much bag space you have

blackflag

yeah I seriously think they should remove 3 star monsters from the rare machine and drop the price a bit. It is ridiculous you will get so many duplicates if you pull alot like me :(

If I could somehow just get a green odin, viper orochi, and shiva i'd be all set. I don't think it's worth spending money on that anymore because i have most everything else I'd want

MicH

Fenrir Knighti s pretty good. Actually any mystic knight is pretty good. Berserk is pretty decent when he evolves as well. Don't feel bad about not getting a Viper Orochi, I spent more than you did and still didn't get him :( Kind of butthurt about it actually :(

Fully evolved Drall also makes a good addition to a dragon team when running dual ADKs, if you don't have enough rippers.

yeah I seriously think they should remove 3 star monsters from the rare machine and drop the price a bit. It is ridiculous you will get so many duplicates if you pull alot like me :(
Thanks guys. I suppose my disappintment was a bit premature. No 5 star creatures was a bit of a slap in the face. At least I have three of the toy dragons now - didn't have any before :p Thankfully they were all new to me (well, exept for the second Shardra)

ok lightless expert is just silly, Vampire Lord for 6900 every three turns, and no light attacks.

fun stuff, thankfully I already have a Vamp, so I don't have to farm this, just need that free stone.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Berserk is also a great pull for a water team tbh. That isn't terrible pulls, almost all useful.

I'm 1/3 through the master technical wind dragons life, looks like I'm gonna be alright. I bet it won't drop though, then I'll go back to expert.

Team (13,092 hp):

(L) Ammy (~3550 heals per turn)
Echidna
2x Rainbow Keeper
Flare Drall
(L) Graviton Earth Dragon

Once it's over I'll post a pic of my disappointment or joy.

xCobalt

Berserk is also a great pull for a water team tbh. That isn't terrible pulls, almost all useful.

I'm 1/3 through the master technical wind dragons life, looks like I'm gonna be alright. I bet it won't drop though, then I'll go back to expert.

Team (13,092 hp):

(L) Ammy (~3550 heals per turn)
Echidna
2x Rainbow Keeper
Flare Drall
(L) Graviton Earth Dragon

Once it's over I'll post a pic of my disappointment or joy.

Wow, that's a really defensive team. I did it with Ceres and Graviton as leader, with a Rainbow Keeper, Siren, Meteor Volcano Dragon and the fire starter. Once it gets below 50% it'll do a strong attack without charging (cyclone blast?) and it'll do around 18000 damage. It hit me with that 3 times in a row but with two earth resists, it was only around 4500 damage each time.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Those aren't bad at all, really. It's interesting how I think "crap, this guy sucks" to a pull and then, a week or 2 later, realize how useful he is.

That said, I really don't need 5 nagas, Mr. Egg Machine.

I'm at the point now where I've gotten most of the 3* monsters that can come from the rare egg machine. So its usefulness definitely deteriorates rapidly after you've gone from "pretty much everything is useful" to "pretty much everything is a duplicate" :(

Jinko

ok lightless expert is just silly, Vampire Lord for 6900 every three turns, and no light attacks.

fun stuff, thankfully I already have a Vamp, so I don't have to farm this, just need that free stone.

Ideally you need a dark reducer and amu, will still take a while to whittle him down tho.

MicH

I added a bunch of you guys which I didn't already have. The list of IDs in the OP is hard to go through not exactly knowing if someone is still playing.

xelios

Maybe not. Just keep your hp topped up and use your keeper after it uses the Cyclone ability for the first time. You have enough defensive abilities to keep a good amount of health.

Without charging? It's at about 1/3 life now and so far it's still charging. So I'm keeping my HP topped up just in case. =/ Won't mind spending a couple stones considering the time it's taken to get to this point and the good possibility of getting him.

Edit: Oh I see. Is it the counterattack?

Nevermind, I just got the cyclone blast. Fortunately I had my rainbow keeper active...

HOLY SHIT THREE TIMES IN A ROW!! I survived but damn I'm scared.

Jinko

Hmm I just notcied these mech dragons have over 4k HP when levelled up. :O

Definitely want the light one.

Pet286.png

Dark is pretty sweet

Pet287.png

xelios

No drop on technical master. REALLY bummed because that's a lot of time and hard work. Time to go back to easy breazy expert. Managed to kill him without any deaths and got two final evolutions of lesser monsters I didn't have, so at least there's that. Forgive me for trying to find a bright side in things after all that :(

photo33cpu1g.png

Jinko

No drop on technical master. REALLY bummed because that's a lot of time and hard work. Time to go back to easy breazy expert. Managed to kill him without any deaths and got two final evolutions of lesser monsters I didn't have, so at least there's that. Forgive me for trying to find a bright side in things after all that :(

Damn that's pretty harsh :(

You should get a free pass with all the stones you've bought :p

Is there any reason to hold on to Pal pulls? Are they included in the special bonuses or anything?

Depends on what you get. You can score the healer girls, or recover > offense (vampire/gigas) monsters, so those are worth it. You can also get toy dragons, if I'm not mistaken.

ccbfan

I'm running out of goals in this game except for trying to get rare drops.

I have all 5 starter dragons and have them all at their final stage.

All my other unique characters are completely evolved.

It sucks that the little dragons are not an easier get without special dungeons. I started playing when the black sky dungeon was active so the only little dragon I have is the black one which I have 6 (Sold a bunch too).

Selner

So I decided to take a try on the Lightless Devil daily dungeon thing.
Totally breezed through the Novice level one, without breaking a sweat. Even picked up a harpie and taur devil.

Tried the next level... and got curb stomped, as I don't have nearly enough healing. I think I need to work on leveling my healers before I try that kind of dungeon again. Need more health too.

But I do have a curious question, several times now I've gotten 0 Pal Points from using helpers. Not sure why it's doing that.

Is there any reason to hold on to Pal pulls? Are they included in the special bonuses or anything?

They do offer Pal Machine bonuses sometimes. A week or two ago they had increased chance of rare evo materials. So like rainbow keepers etc were dropping from it

Noob here, sorry, but how do I raise the number of points allowed when editing the team? I have 3 super cool guys but cannot fight with all of them in my team, quite frustrating.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Noob here, sorry, but how do I raise the number of points allowed when editing the team? I have 3 super cool guys but cannot fight with all of them in my team, quite frustrating.

As you keep levelling up, your maximum team cost increases :)

J0dy77

Aaaaah sweet. So you could probably get through pretty easily with a dark team using a Chaos Devil Dragon or something similar for the resist and a 5* healer. Debating whether its worth doing all 3 for 1 stone. hmm..

Dungeon wasn't hard at all. I have a rainbow keeper leader, good healer friend and a couple dark dragons. Went by quick but I will say to have a 10k HP, I had 9500 and was left very low on the final fight.

J0dy77

Can anyone verify that you get a Magic stone for clearing all of the lightless dungeons? I made the dumb mistake of doing expert for the overpriced stamina and then not having enough for the last 2 and only 7 hours left. Might have to drop the $1 if I can get a stone out of it.

xelios

Can anyone verify that you get a Magic stone for clearing all of the lightless dungeons? I made the dumb mistake of doing expert for the overpriced stamina and then not having enough for the last 2 and only 7 hours left. Might have to drop the $1 if I can get a stone out of it.

You get a magic stone for completing any entire dungeon yes.

I'm at the point where, running the expert dungeons, I can spend one stone for every two ranks most of the time. It feels pretty fair. I like seeing my max stamina increase. 75 is good, 100 will be better!

J0dy77

On a complete different topic for this thread, how amazing would this game be with a multiplayer aspect?

Stacking up a best of 3 type scenario vs a randomly or staged opponent. Could have a live and an async mode. It would be pretty amazing for the top level guys to go at each other's monsters.

Smiley90

On a complete different topic for this thread, how amazing would this game be with a multiplayer aspect?

Stacking up a best of 3 type scenario vs a randomly or staged opponent. Could have a live and an async mode. It would be pretty amazing for the top level guys to go at each other's monsters.

The problem with that is that it would instantly become Pay2Win... it'd have to be some weird way that's unrelated to stone spending :/

Ran the Lightless special dungeon and thought "Oh, dark theme. GO GO LIGHT TEAM!"

Used someone's super duper Ami and even matching 1 set of 3, the enemy couldn't hurt me. They just couldn't.

Unfortunately, my only offensive ability was a white dragon's active skill, and I had no orb changers. I just didn't have it in me to flip orbs for 10 turns just to do ~750 damage, so I basically suicided. Bad times. Bad times.

On my second run I caught a vampire though, so my dark team is coming along nicely.

J0dy77

The problem with that is that it would instantly become Pay2Win... it'd have to be some weird way that's unrelated to stone spending :/

Yeah good point. Maybe a restriction on the value of your team. Tournaments where you can bring 7 monsters with a total value of "X", best of 3 games with bench swapping in between. Wow, that just sounds amazing as I type it. Take my $$$ if they do that.

Supposedly JP PAD is doing some weird multiplayer thing, but it might just be another leaderboard type thing like Endless Labyrinth.

Also, happy 5,000 replies PAD thread! Wall of shame of 100+ posts:
Who Posted?
Total Posts: 5,046

User Name Posts
Jinko 296
nicoga3000 294
xelios 288
ParityBit 259
cpp_is_king 257
Smiley90 240
Cosmo Clock 21 225
sillymonkey321 186
xCobalt 174
ToxicAdam 123
MMBosstones86 119
blackflag 103

Smiley90

Supposedly JP PAD is doing some weird multiplayer thing, but it might just be another leaderboard type thing like Endless Labyrinth.

Also, happy 5,000 replies PAD thread! Wall of shame of 100+ posts:

Not as bad as I thought it was gonna be! :p

J0dy77

I'm 4k to my next level and sitting on 12 stamina. Any way of getting that for that stamina to exp ratio? Really want to finish this lightless dungeon?

Smiley90

I'm 4k to my next level and sitting on 12 stamina. Any way of getting that for that stamina to exp ratio? Really want to finish this lightless dungeon?

Dragons of the Tower give approx 1.3k/1.4k exp per run... and cost 5 exp? so... for 15? if that works for you :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom