• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosh

[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 1/29/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 9:00 14:00 19:00
B: 10:00 15:00 20:00
C: 11:00 16:00 21:00
D: 12:00 17:00 22:00
E: 8:00 13:00 18:00

harrytang

ill never under estimate the power of the ADK team ever again. I used to dread the tuesday dungeon, but just took out a blue and purple gatekeeper in three turns each at round 5 and 10. need to find out if I can survive the rainbow keeper the same way. if you have a few mid level 4* dragons of various colors you can crush teams. used the same strategy on the blue mech, but i messed up one play and wasnt able to heal. also the game stingy with the green balls.

dont know if anyone else having this problem, but this is my first purple gate keeper in 40 days of playing. i have 4 yellow gate keepers. dont know why they seem so elusive.

edit - wont work with rainbow since hits for 22k. i can bring odin to change it to 4400 a hit, but wont have the 6.25 atk. still, should take a lot less time.

thaOwner

Is there any type of strategy for taking down the rainbow keeper ? I pulled an Orochi yesterday morning. Will a resolve team work with him ?

Supposedly JP PAD is doing some weird multiplayer thing, but it might just be another leaderboard type thing like Endless Labyrinth.

Also, happy 5,000 replies PAD thread! Wall of shame of 100+ posts:

woot made the list!

2 stones? excellent...more box spaces. done w/ the rare pulls for now.

Q: What is the first material required to evo the Marine Rider? I searched the wiki and it showed as a Dark Keeper (i have 2), but its a '?' for me. Maybe its a Rainbow?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is there any type of strategy for taking down the rainbow keeper ? I pulled an Orochi yesterday morning. Will a resolve team work with him ?

He hits for 22,200 every 5 turns. You can resolve him or use an Odin with a good healer (still need at least 4,440 HP for his attacks). The problem will be getting up to him. You can run into a LOT of trouble if you get a round with 2+ monsters on the same timer. You'll need to get lucky on round one, charge your skills, and either sweep the subsequent rounds OR get lucky with monster timers.

Be warned, Rainbow Keeper will likely take you a SOLID hour of straight play. Last week, it took me 4-6 hours of on and off play throughout the day to kill him (and I didn't get the drop).

raiot

He hits for 22,200 every 5 turns. You can resolve him or use an Odin with a good healer (still need at least 4,440 HP for his attacks). The problem will be getting up to him. You can run into a LOT of trouble if you get a round with 2+ monsters on the same timer. You'll need to get lucky on round one, charge your skills, and either sweep the subsequent rounds OR get lucky with monster timers.

Be warned, Rainbow Keeper will likely take you a SOLID hour of straight play. Last week, it took me 4-6 hours of on and off play throughout the day to kill him (and I didn't get the drop).

Thats why I love my Hades... even the unevolved version with its 15% gravity is EXTREMLY useful against him! As soon as i have a devine purple mask, this guy will be a beast! :)

So bad. They should guarantee the drop if its going to take that long

ParityBit

This made me a little sick ....

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
This made me a little sick ....

So bad. They should guarantee the drop if its going to take that long

Yup. It sucked - it happened to someone else, too. We both posted our disgust here, haha. I wouldn't mind NEARLY as much if the XP was decent. It wasn't. It was terrible. It made for a really crappy day of PAD.

Thats why I love my Hades... even the unevolved version with its 15% gravity is EXTREMLY useful against him! As soon as i have a devine purple mask, this guy will be a beast! :)

This will help you. I'm actually going to see if I can't get my Devil Dragon and my Volcano Dragon evolved before I set foot in Rainbow Keeper. Devil is at max level, I just need a stupid purple sperm to evolve him. Volcano is only level 5x, but if I can get a few dragon flowers, I have enough Pengdras ready to evolve that I should be able to get him there, too. That would give me 3 4th evo rippers, so that would likely help the final fight a bit.

Jinko

22'200 is that a mistake ?

I'm kind of getting tired of this gimmicky resolve bullshit, and I ain't even got to hard stuff yet.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
22'200 is that a mistake ?

I'm kind of getting tired of this gimmicky resolve bullshit, and I ain't even got to hard stuff yet.

Nope, I'm pretty sure that's correct. With Odin, you can negate 80% of it (assuming you're health is full), so that's a plus.

But yeah, resolve teams are a bit on the gimmicky side.

ToxicAdam

woot made the list!

2 stones? excellent...more box spaces. done w/ the rare pulls for now.

Q: What is the first material required to evo the Marine Rider? I searched the wiki and it showed as a Dark Keeper (i have 2), but its a '?' for me. Maybe its a Rainbow?

Yea, it's Rainbow. I evolved mine, but it was a waste. His skills don't get any better and his maxed stats aren't that great.

Marine Rider (and all riders for that matter) only seem to be useful as a leader or in some rare cases where you need a second Orb switcher.

SaberVulcan

Apology if this was asked before, but I couldnt seem to find the answer. I have a handful of these Metal Dragons and I cannot seem to find a purpose for them. It lists them as EVO material but the wikis dont seem to list them as needed for anything. I also have a Gold Dragon, same deal, no idea what they are used for.

TimeKillr

Apology if this was asked before, but I couldnt seem to find the answer. I have a handful of these Metal Dragons and I cannot seem to find a purpose for them. It lists them as EVO material but the wikis dont seem to list them as needed for anything. I also have a Gold Dragon, same deal, no idea what they are used for.

They're worth a lot of XP. Fuse them into same-colored monsters and you'll get pretty nice xp boosts.

xCobalt

They're listed as enhance material actually. They're only used for leveling up monsters. Metal dragons are worth 1000 exp (1500 towards dark monsters). Likewise with the gold dragon although the gold ones can be sold for money if you need it.

J0dy77

They randomly appear in all of the Keeper dungeons.

Thanks. Debating if I should blow my stamina looking for one or go for the metal dragons at noon. Stamina is becoming a real issue for me.

To add to this a Light or Dark Keeper is a guaranteed spawn on Battle 4 in Master, but I wouldn't attempt that stage unless you dont value your sanity.

Yeah, not touching that with a ten foot pole at this point. Out of curiosity, what kind of team would I need for the Master keeper? What's the big difficulty? If I had enough HP and Xel's Ammy could I grind through it?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Are the Dark and Light Keepers 100% drops in the Rainbow Keeper dungeon?

I wish.

Yeah, not touching that with a ten foot pole at this point. Out of curiosity, what kind of team would I need for the Master keeper? What's the big difficulty? If I had enough HP and Xel's Ammy could I grind through it?

You need to be able to survive Rainbow's 22,200 damage attack every 5 rounds. I use Odin for 80% damage reduction at full health + Amaterasu Ohkami to get BACK to full health. The rounds leading up to him aren't bad, but you CAN get in a tight spot if you get 2+ knights on a countdown. I had a room where all 4 enemies were on a 2 turn timer. Thankfully, I had charged up both of my stage 4 rippers, so I wiped the room with no problem. But if you don't have the ability to dish out high burst REAL quick, you'll be waiting for 30 stam recharge real quick.

And the difficulty is in how much HP the final two fights have. Rainbow has over 1 million HP with some 1500 defense. That's a LOT of damage to push through. It's a lot like that FFXII endurance fight. You just have to push through it.

raiot

Thanks. Debating if I should blow my stamina looking for one or go for the metal dragons at noon. Stamina is becoming a real issue for me.

No, you need xels ami and a resolver (orochi, oger)!

With a Resolve team the fight becomes trivial, but the real challenge is that you will probably spend several HOURS killing the dude because he has ridiculous amounts of HP a defense, plus the drop is far from 100% guaranteed.

Maybe I should work towards evolving Sea Deity Neptune; that 5x poison would help against dicks like this guy.

ToxicAdam

One time I am going to bring along a Light Mech (and his massive counter) and Odin. I have a max skilled Siren, I should be able to heal back up in time.

xCobalt

I never had any trouble with it even on my first attempt. I had gone through the other dungeons enough times that I had 4 resist dragons who could nuke for about 80k+ damage every 15 turns. I had a Mandrake and an Odin as leaders...the passive healing alone wasn't enough but with about 5 turns in between attacks, it wasn't hard to match health orbs. I think my first attempt took around 1.5 hours but my subsequent runs were much quicker as I didn't focus on combos but rather making a single match as fast as possible to recharge on abilities.

Jinko

Id prob go 80% reducer and 3 light based rippers and an arch/angel for rainbow keeper, don't really need one as of yet tho.

I should prob think about levelling my lil black dragon.

So the Dark Keeper I need is a random spawn in any of the Tuesday dungeons? Are these dungeons best approached with resolve teams? I think that is the mask dungeons but I am not sure.

ToxicAdam

So the Dark Keeper I need is a random spawn in any of the Tuesday dungeons? Are these dungeons best approached with resolve teams? I think that is the mask dungeons but I am not sure.

Naw, they are easy. The Keepers only hit for 3000 every three rounds. You just need a strong healer.

Made a rare pull today and got another Mystic Dark Knight. -_-'

I would love that. I wish this game had trading, it would be so much more fun and engaging. Plus, it would make the 'catch them all' aspect feasible.

It wouldn't be hard. Just make it so trades can only happen with monsters of similar team costs. That way people aren't making 20 accounts and trading God pulls for Metal Dragons.

Naw, they are easy. The Keepers only hit for 3000 every three rounds. You just need a strong healer.

I would love that. I wish this game had trading, it would be so much more fun and engaging. Plus, it would make the 'catch them all' aspect feasible.

It wouldn't be hard. Just make it so trades can only happen with monsters of similar team costs. That way people aren't making 20 accounts and trading God pulls for Metal Dragons.

And their revenue instantly plummets.... Sadly,,dont see it happening

Radav

0/4 for Dark Keepers so far today. Debating trying Rainbow Keeper but with my luck I'd end up getting the light keeper spawn and not getting either to drop. I don't want to have to wait another week to be able to evolve my Chaos Dragon Knight... I think I've got 2 or 3 more shots at it until the day is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom