• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Ah c'mon, got to the final boss of the Lightless dungeon, but even with 50% dark damage reduction, boss&side-devil attack on the same timer and hit for more than 6.5k damage and 1shot me. Fuck.

Laguna X

Nintendogs Member
Ah c'mon, got to the final boss of the Lightless dungeon, but even with 50% dark damage reduction, boss&side-devil attack on the same timer and hit for more than 6.5k damage and 1shot me. Fuck.
Yup, same thing happened to me. The dungeon is real easy until you get to that last fight. Bye 15 stamina.

Smiley90

Yup, same thing happened to me. The dungeon is real easy until you get to that last fight. Bye 15 stamina.

I'm afraid I'll have to run it with a resolve team then, but it that's a pain in the ass because it makes it take so much longer -.- and will also make the stuff before a lot harder gah.

J0dy77

Not as bad as I thought it was gonna be! :p

Thanks Smiley. 3 runs and had just enough to level. Picked up another Black Dragon from the adept run and got the stone. Back down to 12 stam already. If I feed the lil dragon to the devil dragon will be have a chance at skill up? Even though the attacks are different names?

Smiley90

Thanks Smiley. 3 runs and had just enough to level. Picked up another Black Dragon from the adept run and got the stone. Back down to 12 stam already. If I feed the lil dragon to the devil dragon will be have a chance at skill up? Even though the attacks are different names?

... What did you thank me for...? -confused-

Jinko

I'm afraid I'll have to run it with a resolve team then, but it that's a pain in the ass because it makes it take so much longer -.- and will also make the stuff before a lot harder gah.
How can you run a resolve team if they attack on the same turn, I doubt you can burn down one of those devils in time, otherwise you are looking at all 3 attacking on the same turn.

Didnt someone say that the dark toy dragon reduces dark and water.

Smiley90

Whoops, quoted the wrong post. Ran tower 3 times. Thanks for the advice.

ah! That makes much more sense :p glad it worked :D

How can you run a resolve team if they attack on the same turn, I doubt you can burn down one of those devils in time, otherwise you are looking at all 3 attacking on the same turn.

Well, it depends, if you got a Viper, and the first attack brings you to above 50% only... but you're right. Totally forgot. Gah. I guess no expert Lightless for me, so no magic stone, so I might as well not run it since the vampire drop rate on Adept is probably abysmal. Oh well.

Just out of curiosity, and because I was initially saving my Pal pulls for special events, I was able to reach the maximum 10,000 Pal points, which is 50 egg pulls. Weird thing is I got all the way to 9995 points, and played a cheap dungeon using a friend helper to get that last 5 Pal points. But, after I beat the dungeon the game didn't give me any points. On a hunch, I thought maybe I needed to get exactly 5 more points. So, I had to wait 20 minutes(I was at absolute 0 stamina) and played the cheapest 2 stamina dungeon, this time utilizing an explorer which give only 5 points. Sure enough, I got my 10,000th point. Unfortunately, there was no reward or acknowledgement for achieving such a feat. Now I gotta make a few pulls to make room for more Pal points. Hope I get something good!.

ah! That makes much more sense :p glad it worked :D

Well, it depends, if you got a Viper, and the first attack brings you to above 50% only... but you're right. Totally forgot. Gah. I guess no expert Lightless for me, so no magic stone, so I might as well not run it since the vampire drop rate on Adept is probably abysmal. Oh well.

I just beat the expert one. I used my Odin as leader, 3 dragons, siren helper. I charged everyone's 10-20x damage and just insta killed one of the Devils. Having to fight just two is super easy.

Did anyone get a vamp from the lightless dungeon?
Yep. Went straight for expert and got the boss drop on my first run. Judging by posts in here, it seems I got lucky. I'm glad too, because there's really nothing else I wanted from that dungeon, so I'm glad I didn't waste any stamina trying to get it. I know lack of Light orbs is supposed to be a handicap, but it actually made getting combos easier, sort of like the Tricolor weekend dungeons, but less so.

Regarding my previous post, I went ahead and did 10 Pal pulls. Here were my results, in order:

1. slime
  2. slime
  3. ogre
  4. fighter
  5. ogre
  6. high metal dragon
  7. lil' blue dragon
  8. fighter
  9. carbuncle
  10. green dragon

The bolded are the only ones I won't be selling for gold.

Owzers

beat the expert vamp land dungeon again...two crappy drops and denied a vampire egg again. I like ditching a healer and just going helper ADK + Reduction dragon drawn joker + some dragons and forgetting about a healer.

I still don't get any rare drops though in this game, no mech eggs anywhere, vamp denial.

beat the expert vamp land dungeon again...two crappy drops and denied a vampire egg again. I like ditching a healer and just going helper ADK + Reduction dragon drawn joker + some dragons and forgetting about a healer.

I still don't get any rare drops though in this game, no mech eggs anywhere, vamp denial.

If you want better chance at rare drops, best bet is to just work on progressing and levelling / evolving what you have until youre strong enough for master

Someone randomly sent me a present, the name did not say GAF, but I will say thanks regardless. Snagged another light starter.

So what are the best plans for the rainbow keeper dungeon? I need a dark and light keeper, so either way I would win. As long as I got a drop

Someone randomly sent me a present, the name did not say GAF, but I will say thanks regardless. Snagged another light starter.

So what are the best plans for the rainbow keeper dungeon? I need a dark and light keeper, so either way I would win. As long as I got a drop

Personally im going elemental for my dark. Not worth it for me to risk rainbow yet, even if i could do it it would take an hour plus. Spawn rate of light/dark keepers seems pretty decent and i think if they show up theyare 100% drop

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Welp, about 10 expert runs and 1 master run for me so far in the Wind Mech dungeon and no drop. Sad but the experience is good, ranked up a handful of times for only a couple of stones, so I'm happy about that. That and I'm skilling up demons for Hera so it's all good.

Stamina is spent, will try again when I wake up. I'll just leave Ammy up tonight I guess. Don't think there's any in particular I need to leave up for the Tuesday dungeon.

ccbfan

Welp, about 10 expert runs and 1 master run for me so far in the Wind Mech dungeon and no drop. Sad but the experience is good, ranked up a handful of times for only a couple of stones, so I'm happy about that. That and I'm skilling up demons for Hera so it's all good.

Stamina is spent, will try again when I wake up. I'll just leave Ammy up tonight I guess. Don't think there's any in particular I need to leave up for the Tuesday dungeon.

What do you mean skilling up demons for hera?

I'm been doing the expert runs too but just selling everything.

xelios

What do you mean skilling up demons for hera?

I'm been doing the expert runs too but just selling everything.

Harpie Demons are used in a cookie cutter resolve team strategy for Hera from everything I've heard/read, so I've been skilling and leveling them up with the other colored demons since the skill is the same.

Smiley90

Harpie Demons are used in a cookie cutter resolve team strategy for Hera from everything I've heard/read, so I've been skilling and leveling them up with the other colored demons since the skill is the same.

Aren't Chimeras better than demons in pretty much every aspect? They even have low HP too, but much more ATK?

xelios

Aren't Chimeras better than demons in pretty much every aspect? They even have low HP too, but much more ATK?

In an ideal world!

Fully evolved chimeras would be necessary and are very difficult to come by vs demons, which are a dime a dozen (I've gotten over 50 demons running expert, only 1 fully evolved chimera running master technical). Thus evolving and skilling up those chimeras to get their skill interval significantly down from 30 turns would be a herculean effort. Skilling up demons is easy since they're common fodder that don't need evolution and can just be fed immediately. Higher attack is useless if the skill only activates every 30 turns.

You have to remember the normal chimera drops you get only have a skill of 3x attack, so they'd need to be individually evolved to get the 10x attack, then fed to another evolved. Long term goal sure, but really a waste of time imo.

xCobalt

I think I'm gonna go with the resist+Odin route. More accessible for me and I think I have all the necessary monsters. Got a decent Odin friend too.

Smiley90

In an ideal world!

Fully evolved chimeras would be necessary and are very difficult to come by vs demons, which are a dime a dozen (I've gotten over 50 demons running expert, only 1 fully evolved chimera running master technical). Thus evolving and skilling up those chimeras to get their skill interval significantly down from 30 turns would be a herculean effort. Skilling up Demons is easy since they're common fodder that don't need evolution and can just be fed immediately. Higher attack is useless if the skill only activates every 30 turns.

You have to remember the normal chimera drops you get only have a skill of 3x attack, so they'd need to be individually evolved to get the 10x attack, then fed to another evolved. Long term goal sure, but really a waste of time imo.

Also, the Chimera skill is AoE while the Demon skill is Single-Target...

I don't consider it a waste of time, but that's just me :p I'm evolving one Chimera of each colour for now :D

xelios

Also, the Chimera skill is AoE while the Demon skill is Single-Target...

I don't consider it a waste of time, but that's just me :p I'm evolving one Chimera of each colour for now :D

But the boss(es) are single targets. Also it's not just the attack, it's getting the skill interval down from 30 turns between activation to 15. Good luck with that on feeding fully evolved chimeras to fully evolved chimeras when you could just do prolific demon drops instantly.

Not to mention you need two of said monsters at max level, max skill. I keep one evolved chimera of each color as well just for collection purposes, but for this one time event I can be ready with demons the next time it rolls around and don't see a need for strenuous/costly overkill.

I started playing today, and it feels impossible to stop. It's just such an interesting concept of "paste-everything-together-to-see-what-happens".

And it just works so well! Damn, I love it.

Smiley90

3 expert wind dragon runs, 0 green starters, 0 dryads (don't need dryads anyway, but still), 0 wind dragons.

This is going even worse than Ice&Fire so far...

raiot

3 expert wind dragon runs, 0 green starters, 0 dryads (don't need dryads anyway, but still), 0 wind dragons.

This is going even worse than Ice&Fire so far...

Your expectations might be a 'little' high? :)
I got my green starter on my 7th run and nothing else...

Smiley90

Your expectations might be a 'little' high? :)
I got my green starter on my 7th run and nothing else...

Well, compared to Ice&Fire where I got the starter to drop like 75% of the time.... I'm just thinking. But yeah, I'll run it more for sure, it just seems like the drop rate is worse, but.. small sample size :p

Uthred

It's bad enough that it takes ages and is worth next to no xp, but the fact that the Rainbow Keeper isnt a 100% drop is bullshit

It's bad enough that it takes ages and is worth next to no xp, but the fact that the Rainbow Keeper isnt a 100% drop is bullshit

Indeed, just finished. Took about 90 minutes for the whole dungeon and no drop. Maybe ill go back when i have 2 Verches and 2 light rippers. Until then, fuck that shit

So I decided to start an account on my HP touchpad, on my first rare egg I got that alpha omega water robot dude. 5 stars. Pretty unbelievable, the one who counterattacks for like 30k.

Finally a decent drop on the rare pull. A Drall (288). I could use that 50% reduction on fire & wood of the last evolution (i already have dragons that give me 50% on water, light & dark, but nothing on wood or fire).

MicH

Well thus was a surprising run of the Keeper of Flame dungeon. I had no idea Golems could drop in these!

AxX2u1El.jpg

Still levelling through the normal dungeons but had a got in the Crimson one last night 20 stam and came out with these

7jffFpQ.png

Are the Kings actually that rare as this was my first run?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom