• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0dy77

I've only been playing for about a week, but I have yet to run out of stamina or feel like I had to wait for the timer. I generally only play in smaller blocks of time, and when I do get an extended session in I'm low enough Rank that I Rank up somewhat often.

The game does tell you "Rest your eyes! Only play for an hour!" or something like that.

And I got my first gold egg over the weekend, and I'd never seen one. I was like "what's that?" :) .

Trust me, that stamina will start to go very fast as you level. When you're progressing early on as long as you complete a new dungeon each time you're almost guaranteed to level up before stamina runs out. When you start farming Metal dragons and need to do specific events that cost 25 stamina each you run out really quickly.

Clearing a dungeon today to get a rare pull left me without zero stamina and my Ruby Dungeon is active right now. No red metals for me.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
What was in it? Don't leave us hanging!

E: Light monsters, eventually, are best leveled with off-color Pengdras and King Enhance Dragons. Gold dragons are too rare plus I think they give less exp than their brethren anyways...

Gold kings sell for 300k, so I just sold mine.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Ive never heard of anyone getting one, but then again ive never heard of anyone doing Normal more than once either :( i would guess that if it is possible, it cant be more than 1% chance

I got both of my mech dragons in the normal - expert tier. I will get the wood in that tier as well.

harrytang

beat both wood tech dungeons to get the stone.

sucks i dont have an orb changer for reds. used my toy angellion for resist wood and then someone else's fire mech for two times damage on fire and his fire cannon. no wood mech drop, but the fire cannon at 20 turns is pretty helpful for taking down boss. been using odin and siren usually on mech dungeons.

grinding so hard on these mech dungeons that my level now at 86. team cost up to 96. in theory if i did get a drop ever i might be able to use. 2000 hp nice on the lineup.

Owzers

O___O i died in expert wood this time with a reduction guy but no healer or 2x, this was probably not wise.

What happens on your friends list with people who haven't played for several days? How does that effect when you can use their creature again as a helper?

O___O i died in expert wood this time with a reduction guy but no healer or 2x, this was probably not wise.

What happens on your friends list with people who haven't played for several days? How does that effect when you can use their creature again as a helper?
They will never appear on your friends list ever again, except for maybe after server maintenance. Cleared out a couple of GAF guys yesterday who haven't logged on in weeks. Maybe we should restart the spreadsheet so we can get active players on there?

ParityBit

They will never appear on your friends list ever again, except for maybe after server maintenance. Cleared out a couple of GAF guys yesterday who haven't logged on in weeks. Maybe we should restart the spreadsheet so we can get active players on there?

I don't think I was ever added as friends with you. I have 2 accounts, both are on the spreadsheet

Selner

What was in it? Don't leave us hanging!

E: Light monsters, eventually, are best leveled with off-color Pengdras and King Enhance Dragons. Gold dragons are too rare plus I think they give less exp than their brethren anyways...

Oh, Venus was in the egg. I think I mentioned it in a previous post, earlier today.
Team point cost is too high, so I can't even put her on the team yet. But I just Ranked up, and I think got some more team points.... and look at that, I can put her on the team now.
Woo.

My current team is silly low in terms of levels. Farming carbuncles....

this. getting ready to clean through my list as well...have a couple guys who havn't logged on in quite a while. need some more helpers!

how difficult are the expert runs on the mech dungeons. i clear the adept ones without too much trouble. i am around lvl 55 and have a decent team. Also should I be going into these with a 2/3 color team?

I got both of my mech dragons in the normal - expert tier. I will get the wood in that tier as well.

Do they ever drop in the Adept level dungeons?

My team is really badly composed/I have bad luck. I'm of higher rank with worse monsters than most people on my list. I can't clear the first Castle of a Stan level, and in all the discussions everyone already surpassed me with ranks as low as half of mine.

xelios

Yes, with extreme luck. Couple of people in this thread have gotten them that way.

On the topic of friends list, I'm at the point where I'm 99/100 at all times and have too many people I can add to keep ones who aren't extremely active on there. So I've been erasing 2d inactives, and at times 1d inactives. I guess it all depends on how much you play, and I play a lot. So yeah, nothing personal but if you get to 2d expect to be deleted at least until you get active/want to add me again and I get a request or something. I'll always try to make room for a GAF request.

Your avatar is the bane of my existence when doing metal dragon runs.

Silly question, should you always try to kill the king first? Or does the order of killing not determine egg drops?
Gungho putting that exact picture on the back cover of the PAD art book is so cruel :lol

Speaking of cruel, drops are determined when you start the dungeon.
I don't think I was ever added as friends with you. I have 2 accounts, both are on the spreadsheet
I'm somewhere on the spreadsheet. Add me cause I'm at work right now

Jinko

Yea I normally kick guys on my friends list if they haven't been on in 4 days.

Got 9 slots free if anyone wants one lol :p

Nista

Yea I normally kick guys on my friends list if they haven't been on in 4 days.

Got 9 slots free if anyone wants one lol :p

Sadly I think I lost both my green odin buddies to inactivity. Anyone have one up as a leader who I can add to friends list?

parasight

My team is really badly composed/I have bad luck. I'm of higher rank with worse monsters than most people on my list. I can't clear the first Castle of a Stan level, and in all the discussions everyone already surpassed me with ranks as low as half of mine.

They do drop in Adept. I had Fire Mech drop for me on my first Adept run.

Yes, with extreme luck. Couple of people in this thread have gotten them that way.

On the topic of friends list, I'm at the point where I'm 99/100 at all times and have too many people I can add to keep ones who aren't extremely active on there. So I've been erasing 2d inactives, and at times 1d inactives. I guess it all depends on how much you play, and I play a lot. So yeah, nothing personal but if you get to 2d expect to be deleted at least until you get active/want to add me again and I get a request or something. I'll always try to make room for a GAF request.

Same here. Sadly I've been going and removing people who have shitty leaders up at the time I do a purge. Generally if I don't ercognize the name, and it doesn't have GAF or PG on it, and it has a shitty leader, it's getting deleted. Which sucks because often times they have a good leader and they've just switched to a shitty leader temporarily.

The other thing is that if I don't recognize the name, then chances are that I never use your leader, which means you aren't really helping me out. I log in and play at least 10x every day, so I need as many useful leaders as I can possibly get

Well, they'll re-appear after they log in again won't they?

Generally if I don't ercognize the name, and it doesn't have GAF or PG on it, and it has a shitty leader, it's getting deleted. Which sucks because often times they have a good leader and they've just switched to a shitty leader temporarily.
I've taken to FAVing people with good leaders because of this exact situation.

xelios

Same here. Sadly I've been going and removing people who have shitty leaders up at the time I do a purge. Generally if I don't ercognize the name, and it doesn't have GAF or PG on it, and it has a shitty leader, it's getting deleted. Which sucks because often times they have a good leader and they've just switched to a shitty leader temporarily.

I avoid this by favoriting anyone I catch with an awesome leader up, so I know when I go to delete them later than I have them favorited for some reason. Unless they keep the shitty leader up then I guess I am screwing myself. I need more red and blue people. I have enough Green Odins and ADKs, could use a few more vipers.

Radav

Hmm I'm going to have to start FAVing people to avoid that situation as well. On a related note does anyone have a 50% earth resist dragon. I've got all of them beside the wood one and I'm going to need it to farm the wind mech dungeon eventually.

Also your avatar has been my luck with those metal dungeons for the last 2 weeks now. I think I've gotten 1 king from the colored dungeons and I've made a point of running them a couple times every day since I have so much crap I need to get XP on.

i mostly run Red leaders (Firedragon or Volcano dragon mostly) if anyone wants to add...plenty of spots left.

I'm in the spreadsheet (Kyle@GAF - 397.532.290)

xCobalt

Anyone find the wind dragon easier than the others? First attempt was at the master level and I was never in any danger. Got it to drop too!

xelios

Anyone find the wind dragon easier than the others? First attempt was at the master level and I was never in any danger. Got it to drop too!

I could run the ice one easiest because of my ADK team. I've managed to run the wind dragon a couple of times on expert with no healer if I had the right friend leader, but had to take my Ammy along the other times. At least it's quicker than fire for me. In order of difficulty/time to run for me they've been

Fire>>>>>>>>>>>>Wind/Wood>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ice

I had ice farming down to less than 5 mins with an ADK wood/dark team. Back to slowness. :(

I avoid this by favoriting anyone I catch with an awesome leader up, so I know when I go to delete them later than I have them favorited for some reason. Unless they keep the shitty leader up then I guess I am screwing myself. I need more red and blue people. I have enough Green Odins and ADKs, could use a few more vipers.

Tomorrow I'll be running my Minerva in her evolved form (War Deity Minerva), but what I really need is more blues.

can anyone give suggestions on team make up for expert mech runs? 2/3 colors?

For starting out, your safest bet is get 50% damage resist for the color of the dungeon and a strong auto-healer as your 2 leaders. Then fill up the rest of the slots with as much combined HP/ATK as you can, preferably in the color that the dungeon is weak against. You should try to have a minimum of about 8000 HP including helper leader, although it MIGHT be do-able with a little less.

Ditto. I am at the Castle of Satan as well but also can't clear the first stage. I do make it to the bosses and with most if not all of my hp intact but then I get killed. I am running D'Spinas as leader with Tyrann, Lilith, Angel, Wood Mech Warrior Asgard, and typically take a second Angel from my friends. Any suggestions for improving?

Also, I think the master list got taken down for some reason but if anyone does have it and can link me to it that would be appreciated. I do log on daily though D'Spinas is my leader (he is ready for evolving but I need a mask and probably a couple more team points). I can switch to my Angel or Lilith when not playing if asked.

ToxicAdam

can anyone give suggestions on team make up for expert mech runs? 2/3 colors?

2 colors
8000 hps
Strong healer + Strong Damage mitigator

You should get by it fairly easy with that setup. It will be a bit of a slog though.

You can do three colors, but make sure that the pet is necessary (either has high HP or has a Nuke skill that can make the boss battles quicker).

J0dy77

Testing out my new avatar.

Love it. I was going to post a similar pic so many times. That's so frustrating when that happens.

The other awful awful event in this game... When you make a pal pull and a rare egg FINALLy pops out and it's a base metal dragon. Brutal!

Is the first boss in CoS the one with the twin machine golems? That one is an absolute killer, mostly because the game often decides they should spawn with the same timer. I think the only times I've beaten that level were when the golems had an offset in their attack timers.

Selner

So, I just did the lvl20 present exchange thing.
And out of the machine came Spinon. It looks like some sort of scaley purple duck.

Like Xelios, I found the Ice Mech Dungeon easier with my ADK team. But the Wind dungeon is definitely second easiest. Though I haven't tried the tech dungeons yet. Been running through expert with my ADK team. Beat it 5 times now, but no drop, nor have I run into any Mystic Stone Knights. I wonder if there's an error in the Chinese wiki. Mystic Knights only appeared the Master or Legendary difficulties for the Ice and Fire Mech dungeons. One thing I noticed is that it seems like the starter Dragons are 100% drops in these Mech dungeons. I have a bunch of Green, Red, and Blue starter Dragons in my box now. Too bad the Light and Dark Mech dungeons drop Lil' Dragons instead of the starters. The only starter I'm missing now is the Light one. Hoping we get the friend present reset that Japan is getting. Give myself another couple chances at one.

Regarding efficient dungeons for gaining experience, I've learned to love the final floor of Oceanus Falls. It costs 12 stamina, and you gain about 6500exp for completing it. That comes out to about 540exp/1stam. In comparison, the Dragons of the Tower floor in Tower of Giants yields about 1600exp at the high end. Even during the 1/2 stamina weekend event, that yields about the same 540exp/1stam efficiency. So, exp per stamina wise, they're roughly the same. But you have to wait for the 1/2 stamina event to take advantage of the Dragon Tower, whereas you can play Oceanus Falls anytime, assuming you've gotten that far. And obviously, it's much faster playing Oceanus once, compared to Dragon Tower 4 times for the same amount of stamina. Another consideration is what monsters you'd like to farm while farming exp. The Dragon Tower will drop Dragon Plants(Pendra evo mats) and Flowers. Oceanus will drop Marine Goblins(Siren skill fodder) and the occasional Metal King Dragon. With my ADK team, I have no problem blowing through the all-water dungeon(the 3 Flame Dragons in the 9th rd being the exception). Obviously, if it's a difficult dungeon for your particular team, then it won't prove as efficient for you. But thought I'd share for those who can pull it off or eventually will.

Also, I fiinally bit the bullet and kicked GungHo $44. Figured I got more than my money's worth by now.

Py6Jlse.jpg

ToxicAdam

Ditto. I am at the Castle of Satan as well but also can't clear the first stage. I do make it to the bosses and with most if not all of my hp intact but then I get killed. I am running D'Spinas as leader with Tyrann, Lilith, Angel, Wood Mech Warrior Asgard, and typically take a second Angel from my friends. Any suggestions for improving?

Do any of your friends have an Amaratesu (Light Healing God)? Couple her and your Lilith (slower orb matching times) and I think you could breeze through those levels.

Is the first boss in CoS the one with the twin machine golems? That one is an absolute killer, mostly because the game often decides they should spawn with the same timer. I think the only times I've beaten that level were when the golems had an offset in their attack timers.

That's the one :(.

Do any of your friends have an Amaratesu (Light Healing God)? Couple her and your Lilith (slower orb matching times) and I think you could breeze through those levels.

No Amaratesu as far as I recall...

xelios

I don't know anything about this lightless devil's nest...what are the good drops?

Radav

I've put up my woefully underleveled Earth Dragon as leader for anybody needing a 50% grass reducer for the Mechdragon dungeon.

Thank you! Going to give it a try here in a bit.

Also wondering what the deal is with today's special dungeon. Looks like it might be some what easy to get through considering the stamina cost and difficulty only going up to expert. Just wondering if it's worth using stamina on it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom