• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radav

The gimmick of the special dungeon is that light orbs don't appear (hence the name). I think there's a higher appearance rate of Vampires, too.

Aaaaah sweet. So you could probably get through pretty easily with a dark team using a Chaos Devil Dragon or something similar for the resist and a 5* healer. Debating whether its worth doing all 3 for 1 stone. hmm..

ToxicAdam

No Amaratesu as far as I recall...

Too bad. Now that I think about it, IIRC I got by that level with a friend that had a Chaos Devil Dragon.

It can halve dark damage and has a Breath Nuke that does about 20k damage. I saved that nuke for the final battle and then focused everything on finishing off the Light Mech from there.

Selner

So thanks to Timeklr's present exchange, I got a Spinon and Pterra. Light and Dark small dragons? No idea if either are any good.

Owzers

found a vampire in the special dungeon and it mocked me with no egg Xo

That's a weird dungeon, adept had hardly any dark monsters.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I also just got another Naga....... From a PAL egg. Already have two though :( i wish I got luckier in other places than PAL eggs...

Owzers

adept special vamp dungeon was easy

expert i died at the vampire lord boss + 2 water demon things.

Hey, you know what would be neat? Using my drawn joker dark creature that lowers water and dark damage Xo. Putting it up as my leader if it is needed Xo. Dark dragon would have a more useful skill though, presuming you kill the two water creatures quickly and don't need that reduction.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Same here. Sadly I've been going and removing people who have shitty leaders up at the time I do a purge. Generally if I don't ercognize the name, and it doesn't have GAF or PG on it, and it has a shitty leader, it's getting deleted. Which sucks because often times they have a good leader and they've just switched to a shitty leader temporarily.

The other thing is that if I don't recognize the name, then chances are that I never use your leader, which means you aren't really helping me out. I log in and play at least 10x every day, so I need as many useful leaders as I can possibly get

Yeah i do this too, and it really does suck because I can't keep track of who uses what leader. I know I usually switch between Odin, 50% resist dragon and siren, but sometimes I'll have something totally random up just because I was fooling around with my team when I signed off.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I'm currently running master technical dungeon of the wind dragon and am at the mid boss, will let you know how it goes. :s Saw on my friend list that Cobalt already has him..

So I started over after my weekend of playing cause I didn't care for the initial monster I got. After rerolling my account a few times I got this one. Looks pretty cool.
image.jpg

I'm adding my name to the mix so please feel free to add me :)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I really could use a Siegfried for my water team.

Also, I'll probably have my 50% resist wood dragon up most of the week if someone needs one on their friend list. Him or the water resist dragon. Still need that drop :(

massoluk

Banned
Curses, I thought Lightless means dungeon full of dark monster, so I put out my light dragon up for leader, "Easy egg, haha", for half the day. Then when I got enough Stamina ("Weird, no taker for my light dragon?") I went all in with team full of light monsters. >_<

xCobalt

I'm currently running master technical dungeon of the wind dragon and am at the mid boss, will let you know how it goes. :s Saw on my friend list that Cobalt already has him..

Yup. I wanted to get it asap so I can start preparing for legendary ice mech.

If anyone needs an additional leader that can resist wood, I have a Ceres up right now. Not as strong as the earth resist dragon but Ceres has pretty good recovery and can heal up to full when needed.

All time ever for US version are PST.

And I ran that damn fire mech dragon expert level probably 50 times total. No mech drop, not even a naga. Unreal.

I hope the mech drop rate is a lot better on master. I can almost finish master at this point.
Sorry to hear. Not to pour salt in the wound, but I was on my last possible expert run for Flame Mech. I rushed to enter the dungeon at 11:59pm. Got the boss egg on that final run, and the Flame Mech dungeon was gone when I returned to the menu screen. I was so happy.

So thanks to Timeklr's present exchange, I got a Spinon and Pterra. Light and Dark small dragons? No idea if either are any good.
Those are the best 2 dragons to get in your egg exchange, because you can't get them anywhere else. The tricolor starters can be gotten in the mech dragon dungeons. Congrats!

Owzers

So.....i'm not going to die to vamp dungeon expert

i'm also going to have to spend half an hour to kill the vamp lord thanks to no light orbs and my crappy party.

Those are the best 2 dragons to get in your egg exchange, because you can't get them anywhere else. The tricolor starters can be gotten in the mech dragon dungeons. Congrats!

There's light / dark mech dragon dungeons, they just haven't come yet. I assume they're next after Ice goes away. Wouldn't D'Spinas and Pterra drop there?

Owzers

Is there a strat to beat the Lightless Dungeon on Expert? I dunno if I can do it.

damage reduction ( drawn joker dark monster that reduces water and darkness by half. If you don't use damage reduction to speed up the killing, vamp lord hits for about 6700 damage every couple turns. )
healer
not mind that you aren't having any fun and don't get your hopes up on getting a vamp egg

that's how i did it, except the last part, i did mind that i didn't get an egg and was bored.

Aggrotek

damage reduction ( drawn joker dark monster that reduces water and darkness by half. If you don't use damage reduction to speed up the killing, vamp lord hits for about 6700 damage every couple turns. )
healer
not mind that you aren't having any fun and don't get your hopes up on getting a vamp egg

that's how i did it, except the last part, i did mind that i didn't get an egg and was bored.

Looks like I wont be tackling this dungeon. :(

I feel so underpowered. I don't know how to evolve my monsters when I can't beat the dungeons to get the evo materials.

Looks like I wont be tackling this dungeon. :(

I feel so underpowered. I don't know how to evolve my monsters when I can't beat the dungeons to get the evo materials.

What evo materials do you need? Most evo materials except Rainbow Keeper can be gotten with easy to get teams.

colinp

Banned
Went to my local bookshop this weekend and picked this up:

lpgiGh0l.jpg

The Puzzle & Dragons Monster Guide book!

It's got monster data and art work for some 474 monsters. I haven't had time to go through it all, but, as you already know, there are some crazy looking monsters.

cobMbpXl.jpg

LhsGEt4l.jpg

The white "monster" in the upper right is called Gunmaken. Gunma is one of the prefectures in Japan, kind of like states in the US, with ken meaning prefecture. So this monster is actually in the shape of Gunma! How buzzare! I guess that's where the devs are from??

h03Z0U0l.jpg

It comes with 'serial code' for these two monsters. I'm running the US version and haven't gotten around to trying it out yet.

The data is really basic, as you can see, but its fantastic seeing all the artwork.

A lot of the Keepers, Mystic Mask, Double Mythlits, Divine Masks, ect.

I get trounced when I try these expert dungeons.

What are your monsters? can you post a picture of your box?

oh what leader should I leave up while I am waiting for stamina? ADK, Alraune, Ice Mech, or Wind Mech?

I seem to be getting more hits in general from the ADK then the Alraune, but I am unsure of the appeal of the other two.

Keepers should be do-able with resist leader / healer helper / regular team, as long as you have maybe 6k HP. Might take a long time, but do-able.

The other teams are do-able with a resolve team, as long as you have poison in there somewhere. Masks / Sprites are a little tricky, but do-able.

Aggrotek

What are your monsters? can you post a picture of your box?

oh what leader should I leave up while I am waiting for stamina? ADK, Alraune, Ice Mech, or Wind Mech?

I seem to be getting more hits in general from the ADK then the Alraune, but I am unsure of the appeal of the other two.

Keepers should be do-able with resist leader / healer helper / regular team, as long as you have maybe 6k HP. Might take a long time, but do-able.

The other teams are do-able with a resolve team, as long as you have poison in there somewhere. Masks / Sprites are a little tricky, but do-able.

This is my current box.

4J9nD4C.png

I know I need to max their levels first but I at least want to have the materials before I start working on it.

There's light / dark mech dragon dungeons, they just haven't come yet. I assume they're next after Ice goes away. Wouldn't D'Spinas and Pterra drop there?
That's what I was hoping. But the Chinese wiki says the Light/Dark Mech dungeons drop Holy/Black Dragons on expert, and Light/Dark Chimeras on Master and Legendary. I hoping it's a mistake or GungHo changes it.

http://translate.googleusercontent....%BE%8D&usg=ALkJrhjAJxTiLNW1i1ekXAQwdWBl892iqQ

http://translate.googleusercontent....%BE%8D&usg=ALkJrhjaKc59tY7hdsSamQELxhoqcTr4gg

I'm hoping to get the keeper I need to evolve D'Spinas tomorrow. My current team is D'Spinas, Tyrannos, Wood Mech Warrior Asgard, Angel, and Lilith. I do have an ice ogre, a blue golem, and I just pulled a Neptune from the rare machine. Do I have the pieces to get through the dungeon?

Naeblish

So my inventory is full of lits/masks, should i just sell them and wait for thursday dungeon when i actually need them for evo? Inventory is constantly full but they are so boring to grind...

I'm with you there, man. Try and set up a Resolve team. I was able to run the dublit dungeon last week with one. My first couple of runs, I lucked out by having the mobs spaw with different timers. Hopefully, I can score some masks this week. Has anyone here run a Shiva team to take out masks/dublits? Is it just a matter of loading up his skill on the first round, then doing combos for the rest of the rounds, hoping to wipe out mobs before they can attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom