• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiot

What team did you use ?
My standard rainbow keeper team!;)
L1: Viper orochi
Hades
Chaos Devil Drake
Harpie Demon
Dark Dragon Knight
L2: Amaterasu Okami from xelios

The orochi and the Amaterasu are the match winners, hades is the key to shorten the fight to 20 min and the rest is interchangeable.

IMG

I got no clue on what im doing. I only got 1 monster that is carrying me to victory.

Have you spent your present? That should net you a couple of good ones if you trade. *saw you have two starters so I will assume yes*

Also never fuse anything with a 3* unless it is a "metal" (ruby, sapphire, metal, emerald or gold) for a long while.

Work on powering up your mermaid monster by feeding her carbuncles and Water Goblins, this will push her closer towards evolving into an automatic healer. In fact I would make that or powering up your Mystic Fire Knight Priority.

You have a VERY good start of a team, just some guidance is necessary. Make some GAF friends (like myself 399633290) and that will also help.

Card Boy

Banned
Have you spent your present? That should net you a couple of good ones if you trade.

Also never fuse anything with a 3* unless it is a "metal" (ruby, sapphire, metal, emerald or gold) for a long while.

Work on powering up your mermaid monster by feeding her carbuncles and Water Goblins, this will push her closer towards evolving into an automatic healer.

You have a VERY good start of a team, just some guidance is necessary.

Yeah i got the Green starting dragon when i did the present thing at level 20 and already evolved him twice.

Really don't even need to worry about orb changers with Rainbow Keeper, making combos is slower vs just fast matches and nuking. I take all resist dragons/mech dragons with Green Odin and a healer and run it with 2 keeper encounters in less than 20 minutes.
Yup. Plus Odin's nuke does Light-based damage for an added bonus.

Out of curiosity, since you've run the expert Wind dungeons so many times, have you seen any Mystic Stone Knights during those runs?

thespot84

svUdn.png

I got no clue on what im doing. I only got 1 monster that is carrying me to victory.

I'm pretty sure we're friends and I use you're lvl 30 blue guy all the time

(looten@gaf)

raiot

Yup. Plus Odin's nuke does Light-based damage for an added bonus.

Out of curiosity, since you've run the expert Wind dungeons so many times, have you seen any Mystic Stone Knights during those runs?
I'm curious about this, too. It's mentioned in the wiki but I think it's an error or a VERY low chance!

parasight

So after farming her for 3 days without any luck, I pulled a Succubs out of the rare egg machine. Ugh. Not sure if I should be happy about that. Evolved her to Lilith so at least I can run the masks tomorrow.

I doubt I am anywhere close to being able to do it, but do we have a list of the monsters that can do Ultimate Evolution and what evo mats it takes to do it? For that matter, a list of what is needed to dual color things would be great too...

http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/究极进化

Keep in mind this is based off the Japanese version so not all ultimate evolutions are available yet in the English version. The fusion button will always glow a certain color if you have the right materials and the evolution is available.

You can kinda feel around the JP PAD update notes which lists when certain evolutions got put in; look for a blueish link that leads to a URL with the word "sinka" in it.

Card Boy

Banned
My ID

344, 740, 214

I will be only accepting people with @GAF in the user name. I guess i will add my username to the spreadsheet aswell. I use Fenrir Knight Kamui as my main.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Shafted by Xelios again.

What's your ID?

Shafted? What?

I need to know your name in game if I'm going to fav, I never know who I'm adding with all these different names. Sorry if I removed you, adding you again from the spreadsheet.

Edit: You're already my friend, so what you talking?

Nope. Just the crappy swordsmen and devils and ogres. ~20 times
Aww. That sucks. So either the wiki is wrong, or the chance of appearance is super low. Though, I think I also read somewhere that if they do appear, it's a 100% drop. So, maybe that's why they're so rare to appear. Aside from egg pulls, I guess the best bet to land the Mystic Knights are during their special dungeon events, like we got for the Light ones.

I must be blessed with these Rainbow Keeper runs. Including last week, I've run it 4 times and I got 4 Rainbow Keepers.

Jinko

Because of his level he tends to stay active for about an hour only on your friends list. You gotta give it more time. It happens to me all the time actually

If hes playing the game, you can log out completely and log back in and he will appear immediately. (or at least does for me)

xelios

So I could use some opinions. I'm really at a loss of what to level of my dark team now that everything is getting about midway in level and expensive (experience wise) to level. I use an ADK team with 3 dark dragon types quite a bit and saw that Sky Dragon Elysion has the highest attack in the end, but his skill seems lackluster; don't know if he's worth leveling.

So taking the ADK team into consideration and also if I ever was to make a mostly dark team with say, evolved Loki leader, what should I focus on leveling? I don't have many dark monsters in comparison to other colors, I still want Hades/Hera at least, but I don't want to waste any more experience where I shouldn't.

photo34tuu0z.png

So I could use some opinions. I'm really at a loss of what to level of my dark team now that everything is getting about midway in level and expensive (experience wise) to level. I use an ADK team with 3 dark dragon types quite a bit and saw that Sky Dragon Elysion has the highest attack in the end, but his skill seems lackluster; don't know if he's worth leveling.

So taking the ADK team into consideration and also if I ever was to make a mostly dark team with say, evolved Loki leader, what should I focus on leveling? I don't have many dark monsters in comparison to other colors, I still want Hades/Hera at least, but I don't want to waste any more experience where I shouldn't.

photo34tuu0z.png
If you're talking leveling only 1 one your Dark monsters to Lvl.99, I'd have to go with a Chaos Dragon Knight. He works well in both your ADK team as well as an all-Dark team. His change Light to Dark orb skill is super useful in both.

photo34tuu0z.png

Definitely max out your ripper since they have such good specials. CDK would be good to in case there's gimmicky dungeons that don't have dark orbs. Vritra is awesome especially with his special and when used in a resolve team since you're constantly at 1 HP.

Forget about Thanatos, Golem, Lilith, and Drawn Joker, at least until everything else is maxed.

Who's the level 17 chick in the bottom left?

Edit: Nvm, it's Yomi. Looks pretty meh, forget about her too until last

colinp

Banned
Definitely max out your ripper since they have such good specials. CDK would be good to in case there's gimmicky dungeons that don't have dark orbs. Vritra is awesome especially with his special and when used in a resolve team since you're constantly at 1 HP.

Forget about Thanatos, Golem, Lilith, and Drawn Joker, at least until everything else is maxed.

Yomi! Nobody cares about her but she's who I pulled and use as my leader. I'm quite fond of her, but I don't play as seriously as all of you so I guess I can still get away with it. Hah! She has a cool special ability though, you get to move the board around freely for ten seconds.

Edit: haha, as I thought Yomi gets pushed aside, as usual!

xelios

super noob question: what's ADK?

Ancient Dragon Knight. What the green swordsmen/orb changer turns into. Only the dark and wood ones turn into dragon types.

Don't ripper specials do the same amount of damage regardless of their level (Vritra's too)? I've been using him in my ADK group anyway, nice attack stat.

Thanks for the advice (both of you). Went ahead and leveled both Chaos Dragon Knights up to almost 70, and once I'm done with one of them I think I'll level Vritra up some more. 2x damage for Dragons AND Gods seems like it would be pretty easy to work a team with, but he's not good for an ADK team since Vritra is considered a god, not a dragon. Still, good damage on resolve like you said. I'll focus on CDK(s) first then Vritra and ripper I guess since there's not much else useful, maybe evolved Loki sometime.

Ancient Dragon Knight. What the green swordsmen/orb changer turns into. Only the dark and wood ones turn into dragon types.

Don't ripper specials do the same amount of damage regardless of their level (Vritra's too)? I've been using him in my ADK group anyway, nice attack stat.

Thanks for the advice (both of you). Went ahead and leveled both Chaos Dragon Knights up to almost 70, and once I'm done with one of them I think I'll level Vritra up some more. 2x damage for Dragons AND Gods seems like it would be pretty easy to work a team with, but he's not good for an ADK team since Vritra is considered a god, not a dragon. So still torn but I'll focus on CKD(s) first.

Yea they'll do the same amount of damage, but if you're going to have him in your group anyway because of his special, might as well level him for his normal attacks / hp / rcv.

BTW I hate you for encouraging me to spend even MORE money on this game, lol. Seeing how fast you level and rank up drives me crazy :(

I think I need to resist the urge to use my metal dragons / pengdras on same colored guys and just suck it up and level up some white dragons and verches (i have 2 of each)

colinp said:
Edit: haha, as I thought Yomi gets pushed aside, as usual!
lol yea I saw your message after my edit, thought it was kind of funny too :D

xelios

Yea they'll do the same amount of damage, but if you're going to have him in your group anyway because of his special, might as well level him for his normal attacks / hp / rcv.

BTW I hate you for encouraging me to spend even MORE money on this game, lol. Seeing how fast you level and rank up drives me crazy :(

lol. I want 200+ stamina like that guy in the Egyptian god video. :( I'm estimating that will be at around rank 400? Wish me luck! I wonder if I'll/we'll even be playing that long.

Jinko

Just bought 60 stones and I got

Shardra
Titan
Mystic Ice Knight
Ice Golem
Mystic Ice Knight
Mystic Ice Knight
Mystic Flame Knight
Pierdra
Vampire
Alraune *yay*
Mystic Flame Knight
Sea Serpent +1

Well a lot of mystic knights there ;.;

Maybe I should think about making a 6.25 team with Fenrir Knights lol

Wait, wait, wait...

I thing that I have a better way to enhance the mask-sprite capture

As I see, busty evolution is quite easy, because don't even need to have fully leveled the creature. You need as material colored keepers, but they are quite easy to get.

Busty Evolution

So, the "regular" mask-sprite capture is using a ogre, underleveled creatures of the same element and a healer of the same element. And then using resolve + healer, and have 6 attacks with a single combo (no matter the damage, each attack will make 1 of damage).

BUT.

If you use all 5 creatures busty evolved ogres (as low level as possible), you'll have the chance of attack with both elements of the ogre. And that elements are acumulative. Then, for example, if you have 5 red-blue ogre and a siren enchantress to heal, you can make 11 hits in a round making a red and a blue combination. Of course, maybe you'll have to match hearts after a hit, to get sure that you'll be over 70% of life at the next attack, but that thing should make easier to defeat any mask-sprite.

TimeKillr

Ugh. I need 3 more big masks to evolve my vampire... I have 4 of the highest dragons from today's dungeons, that should bring him up quite a bit when he evolves, I just have *zero* luck getting them.

I did the entire dark dungeon today, just before the Castle of Satan, and I didn't get a single one. Hell, in most fights I didn't get drops :(

Jinko

Wait, wait, wait...

I thing that I have a better way to enhance the mask-sprite capture

As I see, busty evolution is quite easy, because don't even need to have fully leveled the creature. You need as material colored keepers, but they are quite easy to get.

Busty Evolution

So, the "regular" mask-sprite capture is using a ogre, underleveled creatures of the same element and a healer of the same element. And then using resolve + healer, and have 6 attacks with a single combo (no matter the damage, each attack will make 1 of damage).

BUT.

If you use all 5 creatures busty evolved ogres (as low level as possible), you'll have the chance of attack with both elements of the ogre. And that elements are acumulative. Then, for example, if you have 5 red-blue ogre and a siren enchantress to heal, you can make 11 hits in a round making a red and a blue combination. Of course, maybe you'll have to match hearts after a hit, to get sure that you'll be over 70% of life at the next attack, but that thing should make easier to defeat any mask-sprite.

Yup that's all well and good until you run out of red and blue orbs :p

Which is why I don't like resolve teams, last week I managed to survive two hits from divine masks and 1 from a rainbow mask all in the same turn using my double HP team and keeper.

Gaspode_T

Just bought 60 stones and I got

Shardra
Titan
Mystic Ice Knight
Ice Golem
Mystic Ice Knight
Mystic Ice Knight
Mystic Flame Knight
Pierdra
Vampire
Alraune *yay*
Mystic Flame Knight
Sea Serpent +1

Well a lot of mystic knights there ;.;

Maybe I should think about making a 6.25 team with Fenrir Knights lol

Is 60 stones basically $50? I really need to find a way to look these English names up online

I got the female looking yellow dragon from a rare gacha pull yesterday, was hoping for a dark rare because my dark team is only 3 members as of now. I have too many yellow and too many green, too little dark and red.

atlantos

Neo Member
Guys, any tip on how to beat Fortdragon of the Land Technical Dungeon? I tried it twice and failed both times :(. First time I took my fire team: L1: Firedragon Tyannos at L44; Titan at LMax; Flame Knight at L27; Gryps Rider at LMax; Dark Dragon Knight at L44; L2: Shiva at L30. I got destroyed because those Taur Demons keep locking my fire monsters to 2 to 3 turns.

So I tooked a more balanced group L1: Firedragon Tyannos at L44; Titan at LMax; Mandrake at L48; Gryps Rider at LMax; Devil Dragon at L39; L2: Angel at L32. I still get trashed. Any help? My ID is: 325644209 if anyone is interested.

Screenshot_2013-01-30-10-59-39.png

Which is why I don't like resolve teams, last week I managed to survive two hits from divine masks and 1 from a rainbow mask all in the same turn using my double HP team and keeper.

Is still better than only one color. And also, you have a 30k damage skill x 5 characters each 15 rounds

rybrad

I got an egg with a + symbol on it and the dude from it says +1, is that a level or stat boost or what?

Edit: Nevermind ctrl + f in OP answered my question.

Jinko

Guys, any tip on how to beat Fortdragon of the Land Technical Dungeon? I tried it twice and failed both times :(. First time I took my fire team: L1: Firedragon Tyannos at L44; Titan at LMax; Flame Knight at L27; Gryps Rider at LMax; Dark Dragon Knight at L44; L2: Shiva at L30. I got destroyed because those Taur Demons keep locking my fire monsters to 2 to 3 turns.

So I tooked a more balanced group L1: Firedragon Tyannos at L44; Titan at LMax; Mandrake at L48; Gryps Rider at LMax; Devil Dragon at L39; L2: Angel at L32. I still get trashed. Any help? My ID is: 325644209 if anyone is interested.

Screenshot_2013-01-30-10-59-39.png

Put your Mandrake as leader and see if you can grab one of these as a friends helper. (these are especially good at killing off demons and the boss)

You could also use evolved Hades with his 30% damage skill also.

Also put @GAF in your name :p

Thank you! You just made me realize a situation in which dual CDKs would be better than dual resist leaders. I ran a dual CDK team once, just for fun, because I have a couple CDKs on my friend list. It was cool playing with 40,000HP, but it didn't seem practical over using dual ADK for speed or dual resist for the tough special dungeon bosses. But it's perfect against Divine masks and Sprites that attack in multiple colors which renders resistance useless. And you also don't have to worry about monsters having the same timers either, since you have plenty of HP to survive a multi-hit attack. It's even more synergistic in conjunction with Lilith, since she's also a Dark monster. Her poison skill is a perfect safety net if you do get close to death. And since she's a healer, she'll help you recover HP between attacks. And CDK's change Light orbs to Dark skill will help if you ever run out of Dark orbs on screen. On paper, this probably sounds like the most fail-safe way to complete those dungeons. No having to worry about accidentally clearing a round before Shiva is charged-up, or accidentally slipping a finger and not making a match, or simply running out of the required orbs to kill everything in 1 turn. And like you said, Rainbow Keepers work perfectly in this team, too. It's almost too convenient.

edit: Blegh ... all that excitement made me forget that CDK's leader skill only works for Dragons. Guess it could still work, but not crazy-well as I hastily envisioned.

edit 2: Duh! There are Leader skills which double HP for Dark Monsters instead of Dragons! Strategy still alive! Though, I'm not sure which monsters have double Dark HP leader skills.

edit 3: Oh! It's Thanatos! http://puzzle-dragons-global.wikia.com/wiki/Thanatos

Too bad no one ever leads with Thanatos. =p

Jinko

Thank you! You just made me realize a situation in which dual CDKs would be better than dual resist leaders. I ran a dual CDK team once, just for fun, because I have a couple CDKs on my friend list. It was cool playing with 40,000HP, but it didn't seem practical over using dual ADK for speed or dual resist for the tough special dungeon bosses. But it's perfect against Divine masks and Sprites that attack in multiple colors which renders resistance useless. And you also don't have to worry about monsters having the same timers either, since you have plenty of HP to survive a multi-hit attack. It's even more synergistic in conjunction with Lilith, since she's also a Dark monster. Her poison skill is a perfect safety net if you do get close to death. And since she's a healer, she'll help you recover HP between attacks. And CDK's change Light orbs to Dark skill will help if you ever run out of Dark orbs on screen. On paper, this probably sounds like the most fail-safe way to complete those dungeons. No having to worry about accidentally clearing a round before Shiva is charged-up, or accidentally slipping a finger and not making a match, or simply running out of the required orbs to kill everything in 1 turn. And like you said, Rainbow Keepers work perfectly in this team, too. It's almost too convenient.

edit: Blegh ... all that excitement made me forget that CDK's leader skill only works for Dragons. Guess it could still work, but not crazy-well as I hastily envisioned.

edit 2: Duh! There are Leader skills which double HP for Dark Monsters instead of Dragons! Strategy still alive! Though, I'm not sure which monsters have double Dark HP leader skills.

360 and 361 Thanatos, he also voids light damage which is super handy :D

http://puzzle-dragons-global.wikia.com/wiki/Thanatos_the_Dark_Elemental

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
lol, yeah. Just found it and edited my post. I think I've only ever seen 1 Thanatos as an explorer. Of course, I didn't bother sending a request for it. =p

But you're right. I overlooked its active skill. That's super handy against Mystic Mask.

There's a gaffer who has him as a leader quite often... Ferrios... But he hasn't been playing for 23days according to my friendlist :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom