• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroNeeko

Is 60 stones basically $50? I really need to find a way to look these English names up online

I got the female looking yellow dragon from a rare gacha pull yesterday, was hoping for a dark rare because my dark team is only 3 members as of now. I have too many yellow and too many green, too little dark and red.

How is that Eye-dood you're using all the time as your leader? I try to use him as much as possible, but I usually pass him up for Vampire Lords for my dark team. Have you had any luck in the 歴龍 or 天空 dungeons yet? I can do normal in the former and 上級 in the latter, but it just doesn't seem like the drops are worth the stamina outside of the starter dragon in 天空.

I've hit a bit of a wall in the Polar Night Tower (極夜の塔) with the 9 and 10 waves. I could probably nuke past them, but I'm just running Twin Temple Diana for Marine Goblins, Black Knights, Hobgob Warriors, and a Succubus (nope.) I really only need a succubus to flesh out my dark team. I have Vampire Lord, Dark Dragon Knight, and Siren. After that, it'll just be a matter of getting a Valkyrie and then I can run a healer party with Succubus, Naga, Siren, and Time Mage.

Stockpiling gems for the GodFes that we're probably getting on Feb 1st, but to be honest, I have more units than I can reasonably level up. I'm torn about leveling up my Vampire Lord because looking at the high-level play vids, it seems like he doesn't get much use. I guess that's kind of a complaint of mine - there seems to be little variety in the late-game dungeons. I guess it's to be expected, but I have very few late game units - maybe my Siren, Naga, and Dark Dark Knight. Even units like Ifriit and Golem don't look like they get much use. Oh well.

Xelios, the rest of GAF is going to hate me, but you should stop throwing your Amaterasu out there so much, people are getting hooked on her. She's like the ultimate crutch!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
For those that can undergo ultimates, do you guys think it's better to go mono-colour (so, dark-dark e.g.) or dual-colour (e.g. Dark-light)? I'm torn :/

xCobalt

For those that can undergo ultimates, do you guys think it's better to go mono-colour (so, dark-dark e.g.) or dual-colour (e.g. Dark-light)? I'm torn :/

Dual colour is probably better. Secondary element is 30% of the monster's attack if its different and only 10% if its the same. The benefit of dual mono colours is that you only need to match one set of orbs.

Smiley90

Dual colour is probably better. Secondary element is 30% of the monster's attack if its different and only 10% if its the same. The benefit of dual mono colours is that you only need to match one set of orbs.

oh, if the secondary element is the same it's only 10%? Well, that settles it then! :)

Also just pulled another Light Knight out of the gacha fuuuu already have one :( They're not even particulary useful if I wanna run a dark/light team :'(

I don't have any ultimates, but after looking at the ultimate evolution table, it looks like only 2 monsters even give you the option between ultimate-evolving to mono or dual color monsters. Those are Venus and Hades. And they have the same exact tradeoffs, too. Mono-colored ultimate Hades and Venus have leader skills that reduce Dark and Light damage by 60%, respectively. Their dual-colored counterparts each get 100 less ATK at max level, and get 50% damage reduction to both Dark and Light. So, it's a decision whether you'd like to give up 100 ATK and 10% damage reduction(to only 1 color) to get 50% damage reduction to 2 different colors.

Personally, I'd rather have the dual-color versions of those 2 monsters. Having a second color offsets the loss of 100 ATK. It allows you to use the monster in different colored teams as well as benefit from leader skills that affect both colors. And the second damage reduced color is the opposite color, making the monster much more effective against that color, e.g., I'd much rather have a dual-colored Hades in a Light dungeon with its 50% Light damage reduction than a mono-colored one which only has reduction against Dark. Dual Hades would get both a 200% bonus damage against Light as well as 50% reduction, whereas mono Hades would only get the attack bonus, while it's leader skill goes to waste. They're equally effective in Dark dungeons with mono Hades getting a miniscule extra 10% damage reduction. Lastly, duals are better against high-defense mobs, like Divine Masks and the like. Since most attacks will be reduced to only 1 damage, and dual monster can potentially do 2 damage per turn instead of just one.

Smiley90

I don't have any ultimates, but after looking at the ultimate evolution table, it looks like only 2 monsters even give you the option between ultimate-evolving to mono or dual color monsters. Those are Venus and Hades. And they have the same exact tradeoffs, too. Mono-colored ultimate Hades and Venus have leader skills that reduce Dark and Light damage by 60%, respectively. Their dual-colored counterparts each get 100 less ATK at max level, and get 50% damage reduction to both Dark and Light. So, it's a decision whether you'd like to give up 100 ATK and 10% damage reduction(to only 1 color) to get 50% damage reduction to 2 different colors.

Personally, I'd rather have the dual-color versions of those 2 monsters. Having a second color offsets the loss of 100 ATK. It allows you to use the monster in different colored teams as well as benefit from leader skills that affect both colors. And the second damage reduced color is the opposite color, making the monster much more effective against that color, e.g., I'd much rather have a dual-colored Hades in a Light dungeon with its 50% Light damage reduction than a mono-colored one which only has reduction against Dark. Dual Hades would get both a 200% bonus damage against Light as well as 50% reduction, whereas mono Hades would only get the attack bonus, while it's leader skill goes to waste. They're equally effective in Dark dungeons with mono Hades getting a miniscule extra 10% damage reduction. Lastly, duals are better against high-defense mobs, like Divine Masks and the like. Since most attacks will be reduced to only 1 damage, and dual monster can potentially do 2 damage per turn instead of just one.

Oh, I thought there were more... I have a Hades ;)

daemissary

Did they change up Dragons of the Tower so there aren't as many dragon plants or am I just getting extremely unlucky?

I used to get one at least every 4/5 runs but now I haven't had one drop in around 20 runs.

Smiley90

Also, to be fair: I think mono-coloured dual-element monsters (e.g. dark-dark) still get two damage against high-defense monsters, since technically it's two attacks with the same colour...

ToxicAdam

Did they change up Dragons of the Tower so there aren't as many dragon plants or am I just getting extremely unlucky?

I used to get one at least every 4/5 runs but now I haven't had one drop in around 20 runs.

Maybe. I did about 20 runs over weekend and only got 3. There was a stretch of 6 runs where I didn't even see one.

Boken

Banned
jucvMGr.png

im the luckiest man alive

Flunkie

Banned
So, I stopped playing this. Went from a lot of free time to literally zero, plus the game was bullshit anyways. :p I'll get to my point: Is the Google doc still holding up okay for everyone?

So, I stopped playing this. Went from a lot of free time to literally zero, plus the game was bullshit anyways. :p I'll get to my point: Is the Google doc still holding up okay for everyone?

Unless I am doing something wrong, I still can't even find the list :(.

raiot

Three clears of Rainbow Keeper, FINALLY got my Rainbow to drop.

Grz!

And DAMN, you level fast xelios... you basically drop of my friend list after 2h! And I'm lvl 80... I need to get myself one of those ADKs... I have a black ripper and a red, blue, white one waiting for its final evolution. Just need a green one... Does anyone know where it drops? Other then pal machine ;)

blackflag

Damn my Sea Diety Abyss Neptune is beast. His poison already does over 4k damage per turn and he's only level 15. To kill Rainbow keeper I just made single matches as fast as I could hoping not to get a combo because the poison far out damages anything my dudes can do even with big combos.

So basically
Hades for -15% health
Neptune for Poison
Odin's nuke hits Rainbow keeper pretty hard too.

Just go as fast as you can to make the turns pass.

Babalu.

2nd time playing keeper of rainbow and got the rainbow keeper.

too bad he costs so much so i doubt i'll use him.

What is he used to evolve? and do people only want him because of his high hp?

Smiley90

So... masks tomorrow.... Now I need to find an Ogre again... for some reason I always fuse them off without thinking I'll ever need them again lol. Maybe I'll just use someone's Viper Orochi and hope I get enough healing in myself... which I don't think I can... -sigh-. Yeah, gotta find an Ogre somewhere.

blackflag

2nd time playing keeper of rainbow and got the rainbow keeper.

too bad he costs so much so i doubt i'll use him.

What is he used to evolve? and do people only want him because of his high hp?

High hp and damage reduce skill for team or evolve.

I just used mine for an evolve and then got another.

Damn my Sea Diety Abyss Neptune is beast. His poison already does over 4k damage per turn and he's only level 15. To kill Rainbow keeper I just made single matches as fast as I could hoping not to get a combo because the poison far out damages anything my dudes can do even with big combos.

So basically
Hades for -15% health
Neptune for Poison
Odin's nuke hits Rainbow keeper pretty hard too.

Just go as fast as you can to make the turns pass.

Hmm, is Sea Deity Abyss Neptune's poison stronger than regular Neptune's poison? I have a Neptune but he's currently kinda weak, maybe I should focus on levelling him to make that fight go faster.

Smiley90

Hmm, is Sea Deity Abyss Neptune's poison stronger than regular Neptune's poison? I have a Neptune but he's currently kinda weak, maybe I should focus on levelling him to make that fight go faster.

Yes, it's two different skills. Neptune's is Poison Death Mist, while Sea Deity Neptune's skill is Hydra's poison. They both have the same text and description, but being named differently I'm pretty sure Sea Deity Neptune's skill is better. :p

blackflag

Yeah regular is 2x attack and the evo is 5x attack. Thats the same whether you ultimate evo him or not.

I'd do it, he's really awesome now and I think without +attack fusions, he can do 6,755 a turn at max level.

Had a good day. Was able to get my dark keeper. And so far doing well with the masks running a Shiva team. I'll have him up all day for anyone that wants it. I have my sub running orochi as well. 389,846,209

Will give priority to GAF players.

Had a good day today. Worked a 15 hour day since we just went into crunch mode and i figured i deserved a treat so i decided fuck it, i was gonna pull the machine till i got gold. It didnt help that my other 2 coworkers are also addicts so we feed off of each other. I was about to give up after a number of unsuccesful attempts until gold came out!

FUUUUUCK. I already have Neptune, not to mention Succubus. So this was kinda worthless except as a novelty. But i guess was getting feisty and i decided to give it one last pull (for real this time).

And then on the very next pull, BOOM.

I LITERALLY jumped up and down in the middle of the office, lol

Finally, i can stop... Until their next set of promotions, i guess :(

Smiley90

Gaaaah I'll never get those stupid divine masks because I'll never beat the mask expert dungeon. Gaaaaah. Ogre&Healer friend works fine, but I can't beat 4 masks on the same 4 turn timer. That's just not possible. I can only prepare for so much -.-

Gaaaah I'll never get those stupid divine masks because I'll never beat the mask expert dungeon. Gaaaaah. Ogre&Healer friend works fine, but I can't beat 4 masks on the same 4 turn timer. That's just not possible. I can only prepare for so much -.-

Bring echidna and charge skills on the first round

Smiley90

Bring echidna and charge skills on the first round

Yeah I forgot to bring my echidna this time... Also I have no skills to bring (apart from Echidna... I have 2 echidnas actually, so I'll bring both), since I try to go with as low HP as possible for healing to work :x went with a pure blue team before, but if I bring echidnas that won't work as there's no good red healer helpers... :/

Yeah I forgot to bring my echidna this time... Also I have no skills to bring (apart from Echidna... I have 2 echidnas actually, so I'll bring both), since I try to go with as low HP as possible for healing to work :x went with a pure blue team before, but if I bring echidnas that won't work as there's no good red healer helpers... :/

2 colors is fine. If you get in trouble, thats what the enchilada is for :p

Smiley90

2 colors is fine. If you get in trouble, thats what the enchilada is for :p

Please tell me that was autocorrect LOL.

and yeah I guess I'll go sth like blue/red (only have a blue ogre around atm lol, and I see friends with Sirens all the time I can use)... and just try to prepare a 5 of each colour after every round, if possible, and charge up both naga's before round 2... I'll try that tomorrow, thanks. totally forgot about the nagas. So glad I got 2 now.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I got the two Mythlits I needed in a single run in the Imminent Fang dungeon, I probably just wasted my entire daily luck in this, lol. I finally have the Archangel that I'll start leaving as leader in my off time, and now I just need a Dragon Flower to evolve the Devil Dragon.

edit: nevermind, just got the Dragon Flower in the Tower of Giants in the first try too, haha.

edit 2: aaand, 4 points over my current team cost limit with this evolving spree. :(

parasight

Ugh. First thing I did today was run the Expert Mask Dungeon with Shiva + Resolve. Round One is a Mystic Mask. Not a good way to start the day, burning 25 stamina.

raiot

Oh god, this is a nightmare... 5 rainbow masks, no purple, i sold every other mask 3 times.. not a SINGLE purple dropped. UNREAL :)

ParityBit

So the way to handle the masks is a resolve team right?

I was going to try

lvl 3 Ice ogre
2 blue sapphilit
2 blue evolve masks

and one healer friend (Alrune, Ammy Ohkami, etc).

Is that a valid way to try it?

raiot

So the way to handle the masks is a resolve team right?

I was going to try

lvl 3 Ice ogre
2 blue sapphilit
2 blue evolve masks

and one healer friend (Alrune, Ammy Ohkami, etc).

Is that a valid way to try it?

Not one healer friend but a siren for a blue team. Build a green team for the alraune.

ParityBit

Not one healer friend but a siren for a blue team. Build a green team for the alraune.

So ONLY a siren? I think I only have 2 on my friends list, and I am one (my iPad is at home!)

OK I tried and failed. I had 3 pop up with the same timer and I did not have enough banked. This is going to be tough!

raiot

If you have a siren for yourself I can lend you my orochi, or I could login with my siren and do some relogs to refresh it. Finally got my Divine Onyx Mask! Now I either need 1 more or decide if i want a evolved dark knight or an evolved hades...
And I dont know what to do with 6 mystic masks :)

ParityBit

If you have a siren for yourself I can lend you my orochi, or I could login with my siren and do some relogs to refresh it. Finally got my Divine Onyx Mask! Now I either need 1 more or decide if i want a evolved dark knight or an evolved hades...
And I dont know what to do with 6 mystic masks :)

Well I have to wait for stamina again. I can only run the dungeon once. I think I have 39 or so stamina on this account. :(

I need a divine light mask. I am wondering if its worth me running this dungeon in the hopes I get that, or try to get to the light tech dungeon and run there. (Like I did when I needed the blue on my other account)

A lot of people on the spreadsheet have quit. Might be a good idea to clear it so active players are on it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I may try out Expert Mask dungeon today. I don't particularly need anything, but another Mystic Mask wouldn't hurt to have sitting around.

ToxicAdam

I have bad luck with the Rainbow masks, ran twice and didn't get a drop. Took me four tries to get my other one (which I have used). Problem is that I am getting a lot of divine masks in my box, I hate to sell those.

Radav

2 runs against the Rainbow Keeper last night and I got 2 more light keepers which brought my Light Keeper tally yesterday to 5. LOL All I wanted was 1 dark keeper.

MicH

Got through the Expert Mask dungeon! Yay! Got a Green and Gold Divine Mask, the former which I needed to evolve my Mandrake! The second time I tried I got a Mystic Mask on the first turn :/ good bye stamina

ParityBit

Ugh we don't know what the schedule will be for today do we? There's no post on the facebook group...

Just know there is Sapphire today (from logging in). But the first is usually 8AM PST time so we have some time to find out. Although I am sure most people seem to be mask hunting.

Uthred

Got the five stones from 30 day's continuous login, gonna risk a rare gacha pull when the wireless here stops acting the arsehole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom