• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackflag

Evidently they can drop from the Dark Mech dungeons (expert/master/legendary). It should be coming up in the next few weeks, assuming they keep up with the progression.

Awwww yeah.

Another question. I only ran rainbow keeper once a couple weeks ago and it dropped. I need a few more now. What would you guys say you think the drop rate is? Must be pretty high right?

Wait what is? ADK doesn't drop anywhere, it's rare egg machine only (the only exception is that you can rarely get a Mystic Stone Knight from Master / Legendary mechdragon)

That's what I was saying to myself, heh.

Dammit, I don't think I've got the juice to take on Rainbow Keeper. Gonna have to settle for the off-chance of getting a Dark Keepr in the lower Keeper Dungeons.

Uthred

Damn it, wasnt paying attention and just selected the lowest option in the shop, only to discover that I added five friends not five extra boxes, balls.

Edit: Finally got the mats to ultimate evolve Wargoddess Minerva, but I never use her so it seems a bit pointless

What are people using to run Master level dungeons? Resolve teams? Damage reduction?

Damn it, wasnt paying attention and just selected the lowest option in the shop, only to discover that I added five friends not five extra boxes, balls.

Edit: Finally got the mats to ultimate evolve Wargoddess Minerva, but I never use her so it seems a bit pointless

What are people using to run Master level dungeons? Resolve teams? Damage reduction?

Double resist and 2 max skill sirens is usually what I hear.

raiot

Double 50% reduce leaders with Siren at max skill to change heal orbs... Then slowly grind them to death....

I don't get it, though. How does this work? Isn't that 4 leader skills?

There's still a bunch of stuff I don't seem to know lol

The double resist is 2 leader skills. The 2 sirens gives you really high RCV, and 2 useful active skills, not leader skills. Basically at max skill lvl she can change orbs into heal orbs every 5 turns, so that's every 2.5 turns with 2 of them. It's useful as an oh shit in case you aren't getting enough heal orbs, because you won't have an auto-heal with 2 resists

TimeKillr

The double resist is 2 leader skills. The 2 sirens gives you really high RCV, and 2 useful active skills, not leader skills. Basically at max skill lvl she can change orbs into heal orbs every 5 turns, so that's every 2.5 turns with 2 of them. It's useful as an oh shit in case you aren't getting enough heal orbs

Aaah okay. Makes sense. :)

ToxicAdam

?

Doesn't her leader skill change to a damage halver for two colors? That seems pretty useful. Especially with the damage she can deal.

Uthred

Doesn't her leader skill change to a damage halver for two colors? That seems pretty useful. Especially with the damage she can deal.

I usually run with at least one ADK leader so other monsters vary rarely outdamage one of my dragons with even one 2.5 multiplier

raiot

Oh man I wish I could share my white keepers... Just did a last blue keeper run and 2 of them dropped. Now I have 7 and don't know what to do with them!:(

massoluk

Banned
I died during the last stage of Keeper of Green. At that point I already bagged Keeper of Light on earlier level, so i said "fuck it", wasted the rare egg. Then I died again, "the hell, I'm not letting the egg go to waste", used another egg. Died again... "Fuck this shit, I'll finish it", used my last egg. It was tight, I barely made it, but by god, I did bag Keeper of Green.

Then, the feeling of regret... confusion... did I make the right choice. ;_;

rybrad

Finally decided to check this out and I have had a lot of fun so far. I played a fair bit and think I have a good grasp of the mechanics now but I have a few questions so I don't do things completely inefficient.

What should my main focus be right now as I am only a couple hours in? Should I be farming dungeons looking for specific drops or just on to the next normal dungeon as it pops up? In regards to leveling, should I save money/monsters for later dudes to level up or just level whatever guys I have now? Lastly, how important is it to bring one of each color? My Dark dude really sucks but I guess some damage is better than no damage on matches.

mercviper

Finally decided to check this out and I have had a lot of fun so far. I played a fair bit and think I have a good grasp of the mechanics now but I have a few questions so I don't do things completely inefficient.

What should my main focus be right now as I am only a couple hours in? Should I be farming dungeons looking for specific drops or just on to the next normal dungeon as it pops up? In regards to leveling, should I save money/monsters for later dudes to level up or just level whatever guys I have now? Lastly, how important is it to bring one of each color? My Dark dude really sucks but I guess some damage is better than no damage on matches.

Rank up to get more stamina to be used for farming later. Drops are pretty rare so I wouldn't go looking for anything specific just yet.
Level up what you can for now, and sell fodder if you don't have the money.
Don't throw away 3* monsters or evo mats.
Run the metal dragons for easy xp.
Try to get in a few good runs in the weekend dungeon to build up your cash flow. Once you've done that you don't have to worry so much about money ever again.

What did you roll for your first gacha pull? ;)

blackflag

I would just go through the dungeons for now. Don't grind. You'll get more xp, stamina, and more coins for rare egg machine or box space. Level up the guys you are using with the random trash guys that drop.

Who was your first rare pull?

1) i didn't (and havn't really) farmed for drops. Just progress until things get to difficult. Takes time to figure out the strategies for each dungeon, but i think if you try farming you'll kill the enjoyment from the game. (unless you like running the same thing 100+ times..).

2) If you are short on money, run the weekend dungeon. I farmed it 1 weekend a few times and havn't had any issues w/ money. That being said, the general method is to level Carbuncles (* or ** form) to 10ish to feed to your higher monsters.

3) Try and tailor your team to the dungeon you are facing if you can. I have 3-4 really (...for me...) good fire monsters, so I tend to take those. As you get further, you'll have to strategize what to take based on weakness and damage reduction. I would say 1 of each color is a bad idea (unless you are running an ADK team)

Uthred

Need to stop playing this while tired, was churning through the Ice Mech dungeon with dual ADK's to rank up. Got to the second or third stage and realised "Hey...why are the walls green?" I'd accidentally chosen the wind mech dungeon. Very close to dying but the green mechdragon dropped at the end so no complaints ;)

Nice pull. Wish I could have had some luck with mine. Re-rolled numerous times then settled with Verche.

Oh and shout out to Xelios for adding me to his friend list. I've been staring at this Uber Ammy for the past 30 minutes.

MicH

Yep, I would also like to thank Xelios. Your Ammy is my go-to healer in the tougher dungeons. Saves me every damn time, I don't even dare to think how I would manage without her.

Ronok

Can I just confirm then Dryad does indeed drop from Sacred Mt Bakkes? Is it the stage with Mandrake as the boss, or do I have to get lucky with her appearing in a different one? :-/

Can I just confirm then Dryad does indeed drop from Sacred Mt Bakkes? Is it the stage with Mandrake as the boss, or do I have to get lucky with her appearing in a different one? :-/

I got my Dryad at either that location or at the one with the mandrake/Dryad enemy in Demeter Forest. I did not pull mine. I must have played the level I used for a long time.

they just have a really bad drop rate. at least with Sacred Mt Bakkes you can get x1.5 drop rate increase, which should help.

Draxal

I have gotten two to drop from the Mandrake boss there while farming for other stuff.

Can US players can power up ogres to have dual element properties? And damn, not sure if it's been mentioned, but the power-up fusion for the starter dragons past their 5* forms look badass. Fire, especially:

MPiKVS8.png

Success! I ran the Keeper of Rainbow dungeon earlier today and was slaughtered, but I had taken a resolve team. I waited for my stamina to replenish and then tried the Keeper of Fire dungeon...but forgot to change my team so I was slaughtered again. I used one of the eggs they sent me to get my stamina back and went in again, but I went back to my standard team (D'Spinas, Tyrannos, WMWAsgard, Angel, Lilith). I died again. Waited for my stamina to come back and tried one more time, though this time I changed out Angel for a Fire Golem and took a friend's Angel. It took a while, but I finally beat the Keeper of Fire dungeon and got both the Dark Keeper and the Fire Keeper I needed!

I went ahead and evolved my D'Spinas but now I don't have any more team points to spare so I can't evolve Tyrannos yet (he's close, like less than 10 levels to max). I may run the fire dungeon one more time today to get some more food for Tyrannos and hope I get a team point increase at level 41.

EDIT: I meant to ask. Would it make sense to put Angel as my leader, have D'Spinas, WMWAsgard, and Tyrannos in the team, switch out Lilith for a golem type, then use a heavy hitter type from a friend?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Need to stop playing this while tired, was churning through the Ice Mech dungeon with dual ADK's to rank up. Got to the second or third stage and realised "Hey...why are the walls green?" I'd accidentally chosen the wind mech dungeon. Very close to dying but the green mechdragon dropped at the end so no complaints ;)

lol, haaaaate you

ParityBit

I got my second light keeper! Now I just need the othe three evo parts.... :(

Do you think a team with an enchantress, green Odin, 5* red and black starter and ADK could take the rainbow? I ask because I don't want to waste 30 stamina if I don't have a chance.

vctor182

Started playing this on my phone and got one of my coworkers hocked to it. worked my way for a ultra rare pull and finally
got one, Idunn & Idunna. Not sure if I should keep it or try for Shiva or something else. Thoughts?

EDIT: My ID is 362 545 215

Evilshadow

Neo Member
Can US players can power up ogres to have dual element properties? And damn, not sure if it's been mentioned, but the power-up fusion for the starter dragons past their 5* forms look badass. Fire, especially:

MPiKVS8.png

Yes you can power up ogres to dual element. You dont need to lvl the them to its max. Just need to get the evo materials. Here is a video that shows you how to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDE7GFIrGQ8

Ultimate Evolution is an evolution that does not require your monster to max out in its level; and is done by Power-Up Fusion, NOT Evolve Fusion.

By consuming the specific evo materials needed to make them dual element, the fusion tab will flash in green and yellow color. Once applied, a fast animation of Fusion will show up and asking you if you want to Ultimate Evolve.

xelios

Sad to reach rank 120 and just see another crappy 2 team cost or whatever. Where are my more than +1 stamina bonuses anymore? Piece of shit game.

I got my second light keeper! Now I just need the othe three evo parts.... :(

Do you think a team with an enchantress, green Odin, 5* red and black starter and ADK could take the rainbow? I ask because I don't want to waste 30 stamina if I don't have a chance.

That team (assuming the enchantress and Odin's are leaders) could easily take the rainbow.

Just make sure that you charge your nukes from the Red and black starter, and Green odin before rounds two and three. Green odin will one shot the lesser enemies from the earlier rounds, but if four pop with the same timer, you will need some extra stuff to get rid of them.

Four and five will be taken care of by the damage reduction of the Odin and the healing of the enchantress.

It is very similar to what i did this morning to take on Rainbow (alraune leader, green odin 2nd leader, Devil Dragon, Lilith [for poison], and ADK). NOTE: your nukes from the dragons and the green odin will be your primary damage dealers for the rainbow. and it will take a long time.

Radav

Aaaaaand on the 5th run of a keeper dungeon today the lord said let there be Light.... Keepers... literally. I got 2 back to back in my 5th keeper run today. I swear this game knows when you need something and just taunts the shit out of you. I just want a DARK KEEPER! lol

I doubt I am anywhere close to being able to do it, but do we have a list of the monsters that can do Ultimate Evolution and what evo mats it takes to do it? For that matter, a list of what is needed to dual color things would be great too...

xelios

Really don't even need to worry about orb changers with Rainbow Keeper, making combos is slower vs just fast matches and nuking. I take all resist dragons/mech dragons with Green Odin and a healer and run it with 2 keeper encounters in less than 20 minutes.

Yes you can power up ogres to dual element. You dont need to lvl the them to its max. Just need to get the evo materials. Here is a video that shows you how to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDE7GFIrGQ8

Ultimate Evolution is an evolution that does not require your monster to max out in its level; and is done by Power-Up Fusion, NOT Evolve Fusion.

By consuming the specific evo materials needed to make them dual element, the fusion tab will flash in green and yellow color. Once applied, a fast animation of Fusion will show up and asking you if you want to Ultimate Evolve.

Thanks for confirmation. Still no go on starter dragons, right?

I doubt I am anywhere close to being able to do it, but do we have a list of the monsters that can do Ultimate Evolution and what evo mats it takes to do it? For that matter, a list of what is needed to dual color things would be great too...

I think this is it: http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/究极进化

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom