• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToxicAdam

Got the five stones from 30 day's continuous login, gonna risk a rare gacha pull when the wireless here stops acting the arsehole

Someone hinted there might be a God-fest on February 1st. Might want to hold off, unless you are dying for a Viper or something.

Jinko

Whaaaaaa Xelios you deleted me ? :(

Edit:- nevermind you are back ! phew

Got the five stones from 30 day's continuous login, gonna risk a rare gacha pull when the wireless here stops acting the arsehole

Got the same, did the same and I got a shitty Pierdra.

2 days of continuous farming Ice Mech and nothing to show for it, not even a Siren, game hates me.
I just used over 40 stamina (my max is 42 but I know I added some while farming) trying to get purple sperms to use to evolve my Succubus and my Dark Dragon. That is my full stamina allotment for awhile. :(

Thank you! You just made me realize a situation in which dual CDKs would be better than dual resist leaders. I ran a dual CDK team once, just for fun, because I have a couple CDKs on my friend list. It was cool playing with 40,000HP, but it didn't seem practical over using dual ADK for speed or dual resist for the tough special dungeon bosses. But it's perfect against Divine masks and Sprites that attack in multiple colors which renders resistance useless. And you also don't have to worry about monsters having the same timers either, since you have plenty of HP to survive a multi-hit attack. It's even more synergistic in conjunction with Lilith, since she's also a Dark monster. Her poison skill is a perfect safety net if you do get close to death. And since she's a healer, she'll help you recover HP between attacks. And CDK's change Light orbs to Dark skill will help if you ever run out of Dark orbs on screen. On paper, this probably sounds like the most fail-safe way to complete those dungeons. No having to worry about accidentally clearing a round before Shiva is charged-up, or accidentally slipping a finger and not making a match, or simply running out of the required orbs to kill everything in 1 turn. And like you said, Rainbow Keepers work perfectly in this team, too. It's almost too convenient.

edit: Blegh ... all that excitement made me forget that CDK's leader skill only works for Dragons. Guess it could still work, but not crazy-well as I hastily envisioned.

edit 2: Duh! There are Leader skills which double HP for Dark Monsters instead of Dragons! Strategy still alive! Though, I'm not sure which monsters have double Dark HP leader skills.

edit 3: Oh! It's Thanatos! http://puzzle-dragons-global.wikia.com/wiki/Thanatos

Too bad no one ever leads with Thanatos. =p

I have a Thanatos I can throw up as a leader. He's not max level or anything though. I'll throw him up now while I'm out of STAM, or just let me know when.

ParityBit

I think I may give the master mask one more try, and if I flop again (because of super mask/timer issues/lack of blue orbs) I may try to just power to the light tech dungeon for my mask I need.

Problem is, I have to find a way past the 4th level of the dungeon right before it.

Evilshadow

Neo Member
‎[US] Sapphire Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 1/30/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)
A: 8:00 13:00 18:00
B: 9:00 14:00 19:00
C: 10:00 15:00 20:00
D: 11:00 16:00 21:00
E: 12:00 17:00 22:00

harrytang

i like how they changed the sapphire dragon color text from teal to blue based on feedback in the puzzle dragon forums. all of the IAP feedback ignored.

two expert mask runs and no drops on final level....lameeeeeeee

rainbow gate keeper run lasted an hour and no rainbow drop. worst start to the day.

Narras

I just received my 5 stones for 30 days, as well. I spent all of them on boxes and felt way better jumping from 75 to 100 slots.

Anyways, I have a few monsters I wanted to focus on evolving. Does anyone have any thoughts on which ones were best to evolve first? I'm thinking the dragons are the best for their resist skills.

Pteras
Echidna
Angel
Tyrannos
Aurora Dragon
Titan
Earth Dragon
Brachio

I mostly run a water team, but I wanted to some non-water monsters.

TimeKillr

I want to do the expert mask run, mostly because I need 2 more dark masks to evolve my vampire.

However, I'm pretty sure I'm not in any shape to do it unless I have Xelios' Ammy. I can pretty much have an all blue resolve team with relatively low monsters, but I need a LOT of healing....

‎[US] Sapphire Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 1/30/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)
A: 8:00 13:00 18:00
B: 9:00 14:00 19:00
C: 10:00 15:00 20:00
D: 11:00 16:00 21:00
E: 12:00 17:00 22:00

Dumb question here. I'm group B. Is it one of those times, or all three of those times?

raiot

I want to do the expert mask run, mostly because I need 2 more dark masks to evolve my vampire.

However, I'm pretty sure I'm not in any shape to do it unless I have Xelios' Ammy. I can pretty much have an all blue resolve team with relatively low monsters, but I need a LOT of healing....

??? You don't use an amaterasu in a blue resolve team, you use a 5* siren!

TimeKillr

??? You don't use an amaterasu in a blue resolve team, you use a 5* siren!

I figured I'd use an ammy to get me back up to full health every turn when I'm matching orbs..

But regardless, I'm still screwed - I tried it, and on the second stage I got 2 masks with the same timer and forgot that resolve only works against a single attack...

Selner

Someone hinted there might be a God-fest on February 1st. Might want to hold off, unless you are dying for a Viper or something.

I just got the 3-stone bonus for 10 days, which puts me at 6 total. So now I'm itching to pull that silly lever.

Why do folks think there might be a "god-fest" on the 1st? Wishful thinking?

Evilshadow

Neo Member

I just finished the expert mask dungeon easily with this team:

Main Leader: Siren of Enchantress
Subs: Saphilit, Dub-Sapphilit, and 3 Saphire Dragon
Helper: Viper Orochi

It was pretty easy to heal back since I have like 3K HP only or less.

Here is a video of a strategy to use of how you have to move your blue orbs in order to pass this dungeon easily.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMmIb2s8xkg&feature=youtu.be

Jinko

I figured I'd use an ammy to get me back up to full health every turn when I'm matching orbs..

But regardless, I'm still screwed - I tried it, and on the second stage I got 2 masks with the same timer and forgot that resolve only works against a single attack...

You can use an Amu you just gota make sure you match light and blue every turn or you won't kill the mask in 3 turns.

raiot

yeah, but this is just making it more difficult. Just use a siren co-leader. It doesn't matter if your health is full, it needs to be over 70% with an ogre or 50% with a viper. Double hits always kill you with a low health resolve team!

Narras

You can try doing it with a Shiva set as one of your leaders if available. I do it this way and then load up on high HP monsters to be able to survive some hits.

IF you can survive the first wave, store up some gems, charge up Shiva and the rest becomes easy.

TimeKillr

yeah, but this is just making it more difficult. Just use a siren co-leader. It doesn't matter if your health is full, it needs to be over 70% with an ogre or 50% with a viper. Double hits always kill you with a low health resolve team!

I have someone in my list who has a viper, so I can use my siren as leader and use his viper as second. That would at least help and I'll make sure I focus on taking down a mask if they both have the same timer.

I just need god damn black masks, and otherwise I've been running the dungeon just before the Castle of Satan and they *never* drop. I get all sorts of blue and red drops, and sometimes black carbuncles, but whenever I see a black mask, I never get it. It doesn't help that I don't have a very good white team (I have a Thor and an evolved White Knight, that's it for white) so it makes it a bit longer than I'd like too.

Decided to use my 5 stones for a pull today and got a Viper. My water team is slowly getting closer to completeness.
4* Siren
5* Neptune
5* Viper Orochi

What should my other 2 slots go to?

raiot

I have someone in my list who has a viper, so I can use my siren as leader and use his viper as second. That would at least help and I'll make sure I focus on taking down a mask if they both have the same timer.

I just need god damn black masks, and otherwise I've been running the dungeon just before the Castle of Satan and they *never* drop. I get all sorts of blue and red drops, and sometimes black carbuncles, but whenever I see a black mask, I never get it. It doesn't help that I don't have a very good white team (I have a Thor and an evolved White Knight, that's it for white) so it makes it a bit longer than I'd like too.

I also have a viper orochi. Just make sure to charge vipers skill in round 1 and build blue orbs on the bottom for double timer masks.

ToxicAdam

Anyways, I have a few monsters I wanted to focus on evolving. Does anyone have any thoughts on which ones were best to evolve first? I'm thinking the dragons are the best for their resist skills..

Yes.

Why do folks think there might be a "god-fest" on the 1st? Wishful thinking?

Maybe there is a cycle they go through where they hit all the colors and then do the gods. I think they have went through all the colors now.

Selner

So I need some leveling guidance.

I've got the basic thing that you use Carbuncles and then Pengdras.
I can't get Pengs yet, so Carbs it is.

Currently, I've been max leveling the Carbs and then feeding like-colored Carbs to the monster I want to level.
Then I saw something yesterday about evolving the Carb. I had a rubyLit handy, so I evolved one of my maxed ones and now I have a Ruby Carb. She maxes out at lvl30, so she's harder to lvl max.

Should I just be using lvl10 Carbs? or lvl30 RubyCarbs?

But because of messing with the Ruby Carb, it's now the highest level monster I have. And it's almost a better healer than my Naga (which is what I am actually trying to level up).

And I discovered yesterday that rubyLits only come out of the Dungeon of Fire (or Thursday Dungeon). And they don't exactly drop frequently. So that doesn't make me want to level up RubyCarbs as feeders.

ParityBit

OK so what am I missing? Or did I get unlucky?

I got to the last level of the master mask, I have the bottom two rows with 2 blue combos ready. (4, 2 orb sections)

3 masks show up. The rainbow on a every turn timer, and the light/dark both with 4 turn. There is no way I could kill both the light and dark in 4 rounds if the main mask is pummeling me every round.

raiot

I got to the last level of the master mask, I have the bottom two rows with 2 blue combos ready. (4, 2 orb sections)

3 masks show up. The rainbow on a every turn timer, and the light/dark both with 4 turn. There is no way I could kill both the light and dark in 4 rounds if the main mask is pummeling me every round.

do 2 five combos and pray... or use the viper orochi skill!
As a double failsafe i also use a unevolved blue mystic knight to turn green into blue. Safed my ass a couple of times!

ParityBit

do 2 five combos and pray... or use the viper orochi skill!
As a double failsafe i also use a unevolved blue mystic knight to turn green into blue. Safed my ass a couple of times!

Well I am 0-2. I guess I will give it another try in 4 1/2 hours. :(

Currently, I've been max leveling the Carbs and then feeding like-colored Carbs to the monster I want to level.
Then I saw something yesterday about evolving the Carb. I had a rubyLit handy, so I evolved one of my maxed ones and now I have a Ruby Carb. She maxes out at lvl30, so she's harder to lvl max.

But because of messing with the Ruby Carb, it's now the highest level monster I have. And it's almost a better healer than my Naga (which is what I am actually trying to level up).

And I discovered yesterday that rubyLits only come out of the Dungeon of Fire (or Thursday Dungeon). And they don't exactly drop frequently. So that doesn't make me want to level up RubyCarbs as feeders.
I should probably revise that section of the OP, but:
For the first two tiers of dungeon just feed whatever same-colored monsters drop.
After Tower of Giants, 2* Carbuncles will actually start appearing and dropping. These are what you should be powering up with feeder monsters and eventually feeding to the guys you want to level up.

Jinko

Yup bad luck, dump that resolve team and get yourself a team with 10k HP and a keeper :p

ParityBit

Yup bad luck, dump that resolve team and get yourself a team with 10k HP and a keeper :p

Hah. Yeah I will just summon a real team I guess.

My options are fairly (okay, exaggeration, REALLY limited) I am trying for the mask (and then two rainbow glow worms) for my Ammy evolve.

Selner

For the first two tiers of dungeon just feed whatever same-colored monsters drop.
After Tower of Giants, 2* Carbuncles will actually start appearing and dropping. These are what you should be powering up with feeder monsters and eventually feeding to the guys you want to level up.

Ah, OK, that is good to know. I will not stress about evolving the little Carbs.

I did just run the easier Room of Mask. I has 11pts to lvl up, so I figured if I last I could easily get my stamina back.

Got a Crimson Mask and Golden Mask for my troubles. Very happy that all the Demon Masks that appeared were on long timers. My water Helper was able to punch through the defense on the two Crimson ones and then Venus punched through the boss dark and light ones.
I suppose those are worth saving? I just added a couple of boxes yesterday, so I've sort of got room.

EDIT: ah, Crimson is used to evolve Naga. That's nice.

Jinko

Hah. Yeah I will just summon a real team I guess.

My options are fairly (okay, exaggeration, REALLY limited) I am trying for the mask (and then two rainbow glow worms) for my Ammy evolve.

Im thinking the best mask team could be 4 Rainbow keepers a HP doubler (Thanatos) and a healer lol, could take months to farm that team though lol

^ what he said. Just wanted to add that when feeding, I never really evo'd a feeder. Just lvled them up high enough and fed to a higher level monster. (only real exception I can think of would be Pendras. Evolve the shit out of those if you can).

There's no issue have a Carbuncle on your team early on, better 'Healer' than Naga (hate that they call her a 'Healer' just because of the high RCV), their skill is useful early on.

Hope that helps!

ParityBit

Im thinking the best mask team could be 4 Rainbow keepers a HP doubler (Thanatos) and a healer lol, could take months to farm that team though lol

Haha. Um ... yeah. I couldn't even get 1 rainbow last night! I killed it, but no drop. (On my other account) I love randomness, but in this game it is stupid crazy.

raiot

Hm, I could do the 4 rainbow keeper team... if I had enough team points! ;)
Someone named TK@GAF tries to add me on their friendlist but he has no open slots left.
Free some up and I will accept!

Selner

^ what he said. Just wanted to add that when feeding, I never really evo'd a feeder. Just lvled them up high enough and fed to a higher level monster. (only real exception I can think of would be Pendras. Evolve the shit out of those if you can).

There's no issue have a Carbuncle on your team early on, better 'Healer' than Naga (hate that they call her a 'Healer' just because of the high RCV), their skill is useful early on.

Hope that helps!

I thought I had seen Naga referred to as the Fire "healer" somewhere, but didn't know what the quotes indicated.

Naga's Menace has actually been very useful so far. I generally use it on most Bosses, as it gives me a little breathing room. But it sounds like it becomes less useful pretty soon, as fights become drawn out slugfests.

ToxicAdam

I thought I had seen Naga referred to as the Fire "healer" somewhere, but didn't know what the quotes indicated.

It means she doesn't behave like the other healers that restore your hps when you match orbs. Nor does she have a skill that can be charged up to heal.

So, she is a healer in class only.

Ugh man this sucks, I don't really know how to continue with the game at my current level so that I can get Rainbow keepers and rainbow masks. What exactly are resolve teams and other things you guys are talking about? Is there a site to read up on that or somethin?

Naga's Menace has actually been very useful so far. I generally use it on most Bosses, as it gives me a little breathing room. But it sounds like it becomes less useful pretty soon, as fights become drawn out slugfests.

Ability is immensely helpful, it just bothers me that the game calls her a 'Healer' but she doesn't posses a 'Heal' skill.

I'm just bitter because shes the closest thing to a Healer that I have. >:|

Ugh man this sucks, I don't really know how to continue with the game at my current level so that I can get Rainbow keepers and rainbow masks. What exactly are resolve teams and other things you guys are talking about? Is there a site to read up on that or somethin?

what level are you? I'm 50 and havn't even thought about Rainbow Keepers. Got some Rainbow-lits to drop, but thats luck only. Don't find it hampering my evolution yet. Resolve team means using a leader with the resolve skill and keeping the team HP low. That way, when you get 1-shotted, you don't 'die'. I havn't done it, but plenty here have...I'm sure someone can chime in

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

What's your current team? What's your current rank? Where are you currently at in terms of the "dungeons"?

From there, we'll help direct you. :)

AFAIK, Healer doesn't actually require a healer skill. The Succubus is a good example. It just means that they have higher RCV than ATK as far as I can really tell. I love my naga (now an echidna) and am working to level her. Just being able to match orbs to do damage is great when farming with an all red team; no red orbs? No problem!

Boken

Banned
You might be sad that she doesnt have a heal "ability"

but later on, you'll realise how valuable having RCV on your team is... and so you'll want a "healer"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom