• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

Just hit 30 days consecutive login. Gifted 5 magic stones. Fun fun. Now I have 11.

5 more monster slots and 2 pulls. Now a good time with water monsters? I usually rock a light team.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just hit 30 days consecutive login. Gifted 5 magic stones. Fun fun. Now I have 11.

5 more monster slots and 2 pulls. Now a good time with water monsters? I usually rock a light team.

I'd just wait until the possible God event that may or may not be coming in February. The water monsters are great and all, but there aren't many that I think are "must haves" outside of Viper Orochi and Neptune. Siren is great, but you CAN get lucky and get her in either Ice Mech or Voice of the Siren. You can live without Viper and Neptune.

Jinko

Awww I died in mask dungeon .. warranted spending a stone to continue though.

Of course I blame Xelios cause his Amu isn't on my list :p

screenshot2013013016305.png

Jinko

Ahh I just figured Xel is too high now for his Amu to show up as much, bleh.

Don't you guys have access to a Shiva? You're wasting stam/stones left and right. ;p

Shiva wouldn't really help much in my team, just need an Amu to keep me healed up, plus I killed the dark mask first and should have killed the light cause I have void dark which I totally forget about.

Ability is immensely helpful, it just bothers me that the game calls her a 'Healer' but she doesn't posses a 'Heal' skill.

I'm just bitter because shes the closest thing to a Healer that I have. >:|

what level are you? I'm 50 and havn't even thought about Rainbow Keepers. Got some Rainbow-lits to drop, but thats luck only. Don't find it hampering my evolution yet. Resolve team means using a leader with the resolve skill and keeping the team HP low. That way, when you get 1-shotted, you don't 'die'. I havn't done it, but plenty here have...I'm sure someone can chime in

What's your current team? What's your current rank? Where are you currently at in terms of the "dungeons"?

From there, we'll help direct you. :)

Well unfortunately I can't take a picture for some reason but I'll list what monsters I use:

• lvl 32 Siren the Enchanter skill level 1
  • lvl 68 Dragon Knight
  • lvl 35 Holy Dragon
  • lvl 14 Graviton Earth Dragon
  • lvl 23 Plesios
  • lvl 30 Shardran
  • lvl13 Ice Mechdragon Aldebaran
  • lvl 25 Pyro Demon

Currently at rank 56 and at Room of Sunlight in Tower of Flare in Normal Dungeons and at Blazing Highway in Technical Dungeons.

raiot

Don't you guys have access to a Shiva? You're wasting stam/stones left and right. ;p

I have 1 Shiva in my friend list, thats not nearly enough when you are from germany and have to play without constant relogs from your friendlist... 5-8 hours time difference really is annoying.
But I dont see me wasting Gems. Did 7 runs today and did not die single time!

MicH

I think I'm done buying stones. Just got three more Shardra so I now have a grand total of 5. And another Fenrir Knight, two Mystic Ice Knights and a Fenrir Knight Kamui. Useless. Not to mention my second Berserker AND the evolved form, Siegfried. Urgh. It would be so much better without duplicates.

xCobalt

I think I'm done buying stones. Just got three more Shardra so I now have a grand total of 5. And another Fenrir Knight, two Mystic Ice Knights and a Fenrir Knight Kamui. Useless. Not to mention my second Berserker AND the evolved form, Siegfried. Urgh. It would be so much better without duplicates.

That's usually what happens when all your pulls are during the same event. I would've waited until the water event is over before pulling

Jinko

Yea Shardra sucks but the rest seem good to me, 2 Fenrir Knights in a party would be good when fully leveled and skilled up.

Like cobalt says though you prob want to wait until they change the egg event.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yep, got a team that FINALLY beat expert masks. Ogre, 2 naga's and a friend's siren :p also put my dual-element marine rider in there, for maximum lulz.

What I REALLY need now is a blue NON divine mask though, ironically.

Yea agreed. As it stands, the bad streaks kind of hurt. I dont pull anymore unless i have a big enough stash of stones that i can pull until i get a gold, because i think i have every non gold thats in the machine at this point

ToxicAdam

Shiva wouldn't really help much in my team, just need an Amu to keep me healed up, plus I killed the dark mask first and should have killed the light cause I have void dark which I totally forget about.

You don't need a healer when you have Shiva. You just need to bring about 7000 hps (to survive the first round hits) and three dragons that have breath attacks.

ok so dragon plants.

Which section of the tower of trials is best for their drop? I really want to get some evolved blue pengdras today instead of having to wait for tomorrow.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I had Shiva up, but now I'm running it myself with Ammy + Green Odin and 4 Succubus/Lilith. No reason for me to take Shiva anymore when the poisons charge up in 15 rounds vs 22.

MicH

You guys are definitely right. I should have waited... but I just wanted to give Viper Orochi one last chance of appearing :(

ToxicAdam

ok so dragon plants.

Which section of the tower of trials is best for their drop? I really want to get some evolved blue pengdras today instead of having to wait for tomorrow.

I don't think the dragon plants you want drop in the tower of trials.

Besides, the Tower of Giants (Dragon level) is far better in terms of Stamina:EXP ratio. So, even if you miss .. you are still progressing.

Personally, the drop rate is so poor ... you are much better off waiting until tomorrow. But if you got stamina to burn, might not be a bad way to do it.

Made it through the Keeper of Red dungeon twice yesterday and picked up 2 Dark and 2 Red Keepers. Used one of the darks to evolve D'Spinas.

What is a good place to farm food for red? I want to evolve Tyrannos but he has like 9 levels to go. I am just starting Castle of Satan.

I am also sitting on 5 eggs right now. Very tempted to make a rare pull but I might try hanging on to see if there is something special on Feb 1.

I am typically using an Angel and a Lilith, both of which I would like to evolve. They are a ways off though which may be a good thing as I wouldn't have the team points to use them and an evolved Tyrannos. I am bummed I missed out on the mechanical dragons yesterday - I assume that is pretty much a standard rotation?

You guys are definitely right. I should have waited... but I just wanted to give Viper Orochi one last chance of appearing :(

Lol trust me i know that feel. I actually got viper orochi last night finally after a saddeningly large number of pulls. But going for a specific monster is literally the lowest possible odds, and even with how many times i tried i consider myself lucky

xelios

Sapphire Dungeon isn't up for me (group B). Schedule wrong or just a delay?

Mashing

Bought 30 stones today. Picked up a Ice Guardian (lvl 30), Sea Serpent (lvl 30), Thanatos (lvl 5), Mystic Dark Knight (lvl 6) & a Mystic Stone Knight (lvl 6), Naga (lvl 6).

Ran expert mask and got a really bad pull of 4 divine masks with 3 on same timer and the 4th one turn behind. Thank god I had Viper Orochi friend leader or I would have bit the dust right there.

ParityBit

Bought 30 stones today. Picked up a Ice Guardian (lvl 30), Sea Serpent (lvl 30), Thanatos (lvl 5), Mystic Dark Knight (lvl 6) & a Mystic Stone Knight (lvl 6), Naga (lvl 6).

Ran expert mask and got a really bad pull of 4 divine masks with 3 on same timer and the 4th one turn behind. Thank god I had Viper Orochi friend leader or I would have bit the dust right there.

So if I wanted to run with a viper, but my main healer is Ammy (light colored) Would it be dumb to have her as my leader, the viper and 4 other base blues? This is assuming my base ammy could heal the team up to full each time ...

Jinko

Made it through the Keeper of Red dungeon twice yesterday and picked up 2 Dark and 2 Red Keepers. Used one of the darks to evolve D'Spinas.

What is a good place to farm food for red? I want to evolve Tyrannos but he has like 9 levels to go. I am just starting Castle of Satan.

I am also sitting on 5 eggs right now. Very tempted to make a rare pull but I might try hanging on to see if there is something special on Feb 1.

I am typically using an Angel and a Lilith, both of which I would like to evolve. They are a ways off though which may be a good thing as I wouldn't have the team points to use them and an evolved Tyrannos. I am bummed I missed out on the mechanical dragons yesterday - I assume that is pretty much a standard rotation?

Try to finish castle of satan then you will get technical dungeons these are the best place to farm to gain level up fodder.

Uggggh why wont a simple divine light mask drop. I keep getting the stupid rainbow one. All I need is a light one.

Having the same issue myself, nice to have 3 rainbow masks and all but I can't really use them right now, I might just do light technicals in the hope one will drop, at least i will get plenty of Pendra's.

Sapphire Dungeon isn't up for me (group B). Schedule wrong or just a delay?

Same. I'm thinking that my timing was off. I believe we're in EDT right now, not EST, so the difference is only two hours? Which means I missed round one? I dunno, my phone was scheduled according to PST and no dungeon for me...

xelios

Same. I'm thinking that my timing was off. I believe we're in EDT right now, not EST, so the difference is only two hours? Which means I missed round one? I dunno, my phone was scheduled according to PST and no dungeon for me...

The difference is two hours for me. I'm in central time (11 a.m.) and it's supposed to go up now, at 9 PST. Never had a problem before, schedule must be wrong.

harrytang

third attempt at expert mask saw the mystic mask drop on second layer. feeling good about that. finally evo'd fenrir knight. think i got it level 3* from a pull. was disappointed.

team consisted of lilith for poison, naga for delay, and someones viper from gaf. none of the other mattered. let those delays power up and poison last layer for instant victory. took me a long time to farm a lilith from dark no rcv dragon, but it paying off now.

Mashing

So if I wanted to run with a viper, but my main healer is Ammy (light colored) Would it be dumb to have her as my leader, the viper and 4 other base blues? This is assuming my base ammy could heal the team up to full each time ...

My main is Alarune (green healer), All you need is a resolve friend leader (Viper Orochi is best) and then either 4 mono color to match either leader. Make sure you charge skills and save orbs at the bottom.

xelios

Yes, but 9 PST is 8 PDT I believe?

Did something change since yesterday? Because yesterday it was 2 hours before my time. If something changed then sure, if nothing changed then no. It wasn't up an hour ago for me either.

TimeKillr

Hm, I could do the 4 rainbow keeper team... if I had enough team points! ;)
Someone named TK@GAF tries to add me on their friendlist but he has no open slots left.
Free some up and I will accept!

Damn, that's me. I'll free up some spots :)

Wtf I'm at 27/41. And I see you on my list too... That's weird.

blackflag

Having the same issue myself, nice to have 3 rainbow masks and all but I can't really use them right now, I might just do light technicals in the hope one will drop, at least i will get plenty of Pendra's.

Wow I just took your advice and it dropped on the first floor. Now where is the best place to get regular rainbow mythlits before friday?

Did something change since yesterday? Because yesterday it was 2 hours before my time. If something changed then sure, if nothing changed then no. It wasn't up an hour ago for me either.

I am group E and it was supposed to be 12pm PST (or 2pm CST). Instead it is open for me at 11am CST (or 9am PST)

so I think the list is wrong.

Oh just got a king sapphire, and high sapphire drop! getting closer to that chaos Devil dragon (my goal for this week) only 200,000 more EXP to go.

Oh, no, sorry. I meant for me. This is my first time trying to actually use the schedule. Sorry!

Edit: Today I also learned that the Naga/Echidna "do damage on orb match" does 0 damage to masks and is pointless to have up as your Leader skill! ;_;

ParityBit

Wow I just took your advice and it dropped on the first floor. Now where is the best place to get regular rainbow mythlits before friday?

This is the route I am thinking of trying. But I need to get past the 4th floor of the fire dungeon before it. So should I try to do that and bypass the mask dungeon? Its cheaper to try, not sure if I can pass it though. I need 2 of the rainbow ghosts too ...

Radav

Those mythlits are rare appearances/rare drops on all the tech levels. Actually I think I remember seeing one in a dungeon beyond the Castle of Satan stuff. I wouldn't suggest trying to farm for them though. You'll just get frustrated and want to smash your device against your head. You're EXTREMELY lucky to have gotten a divine mask to drop from a tech. dungeon. I spent a solid 3 days trying to get the last green divine mask I need to evolve my ADK a while back and literally probably saw less then 5 appear the whole time I was running them and not one dropped. I did however pick up a mythlit or two along way. I'm starting to find that whenever I go for something specific in this game I am only met with frustration. lol

xelios

I am group E and it was supposed to be 12pm PST (or 2pm CST). Instead it is open for me at 11am CST (or 9am PST)

so I think the list is wrong.

Oh just got a king sapphire, and high sapphire drop! getting closer to that chaos Devil dragon (my goal for this week) only 200,000 more EXP to go.

Ugh, so the posted schedule is 3 hours ahead of the actual schedule. I'm guessing this is the correct schedule then:

[US] Sapphire Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 1/30/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 8:00 13:00 18:00
E: 9:00 14:00 19:00

blackflag

Those mythlits are rare appearances/rare drops on all the tech levels. Actually I think I remember seeing one in a dungeon beyond the Castle of Satan stuff. I wouldn't suggest trying to farm for them though. You'll just get frustrated and want to smash your device against your head. You're EXTREMELY lucky to have gotten a divine mask to drop from a tech. dungeon. I spent a solid 3 days trying to get the last green divine mask I need to evolve my ADK a while back and literally probably saw less then 5 appear the whole time I was running them and not one dropped. I did however pick up a mythlit or two along way. I'm starting to find that whenever I go for something specific in this game I am only met with frustration. lol

Yeah that's what typically happens to me. I always get whatever I don't need even if what I don't need is more rare. Lucky today.

MicH

Yes! Got the Divine Blue Mask on the expert Mask dungeon as well. Only need two Mythlits to evolve my Siren and my Mandrake :D

Cleared the dungeon with Siren (leader), Succubus (instant win on last floor), Naga, Mystic Ice Knight (orb change green to blue) and a Mermaid for extra fire to heal orb change + Raiods fantastic Viper Orochi. Thanks!

Internets

I just reached level 25 and forgot about the present exchange. Anyone want to exchange presents?

Hey, if you haven't exchanged presents yet, I'm up for it

I feel like this game is trolling me sometimes. Like I ONLY get power-up fusion EXP bonus when my monsters are 1 level away from reaching max level. Yet I still love it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom