• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Does anyone else have a problem with the dungeon times? I'm in group B and don't have the dungeon available. It last an hour if I'm not mistaken.

It's in my post just a few posts above yours. The schedule posted was wrong.

CORRECT SCHEDULE

[US] Sapphire Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 1/30/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 8:00 13:00 18:00
E: 9:00 14:00 19:00

Selner

I don't think the dragon plants you want drop in the tower of trials.

Besides, the Tower of Giants (Dragon level) is far better in terms of Stamina:EXP ratio. So, even if you miss .. you are still progressing.

Personally, the drop rate is so poor ... you are much better off waiting until tomorrow. But if you got stamina to burn, might not be a bad way to do it.

Both Dragon Plants and Dragon Flowers appear as monsters in the Tower of Giants. I think I got a Plant there yesterday actually.

And looking at a wiki, Water evolves to Sapphire with a Dragon Plant. So Plant is what he needs.

Saw this on the Facebook group, one of the members there apparently drew it. pretty hilarious:

76374_10151231977981845_2124888327_n.jpg

My friend list is full but it is a lot of random people who haven't played for days (in some cases weeks). If they have not been logging in then pretty much I can't select their monsters as helpers, right? So it is safe to delete them and send invites to GAF players?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
My friend list is full but it is a lot of random people who haven't played for days (in some cases weeks). If they have not been logging in then pretty much I can't select their monsters as helpers, right? So it is safe to delete them and send invites to GAF players?

Right, get rid of them.

any update on possibly creating or updating the GAF spreadsheet? Maybe just create a new one and add who's still playing? Ready to get out the ban hammer for people that havn't logged on in a few.

Still have plenty of spots open though hah

Don't you guys have access to a Shiva? You're wasting stam/stones left and right. ;p

It's refreshing to go through the dungeon so easily. Anybody have recommendations to a good display recorder? I'd love to throw up a video or two with different team setups for these dungeons.

Well unfortunately I can't take a picture for some reason but I'll list what monsters I use:

• lvl 32 Siren the Enchanter skill level 1
  • lvl 68 Dragon Knight
  • lvl 35 Holy Dragon
  • lvl 14 Graviton Earth Dragon
  • lvl 23 Plesios
  • lvl 30 Shardran
  • lvl13 Ice Mechdragon Aldebaran
  • lvl 25 Pyro Demon

Currently at rank 56 and at Room of Sunlight in Tower of Flare in Normal Dungeons and at Blazing Highway in Technical Dungeons.

So does anyone know a feasible direction for me to head in terms of getting new monsters or a way to progress?

any update on possibly creating or updating the GAF spreadsheet? Maybe just create a new one and add who's still playing? Ready to get out the ban hammer for people that havn't logged on in a few.

Still have plenty of spots open though hah

394 336 290 - Please add me. I have Angel in my leader spot right now but I also have a Moonshadow D'Spinas, Neptune, Lilith, and Mandrake I can set in the role when I am not playing. Some days I get more time to play than others but I do play daily.

Jinko

So does anyone know a feasible direction for me to head in terms of getting new monsters or a way to progress?

lvl 32 Siren the Enchanter skill level 1
lvl 68 Dragon Knight
lvl 35 Holy Dragon
lvl 14 Graviton Earth Dragon
lvl 23 Plesios
lvl 30 Shardran
lvl13 Ice Mechdragon Aldebaran

Everything here can work in an ADK team, you might wana farm the mech dragons to get the starter dragons.

vl 32 Siren the Enchanter skill level 1
lvl 68 Dragon Knight
lvl 35 Holy Dragon
lvl 14 Graviton Earth Dragon
lvl 23 Plesios
lvl 30 Shardran
lvl13 Ice Mechdragon Aldebaran
lvl 25 Pyro Demon

Currently at rank 56 and at Room of Sunlight in Tower of Flare in Normal Dungeons and at Blazing Highway in Technical Dungeons.

I Set short term weekly goals like "obtain wind mech dragon" or "evolve Dragon Knight to ADK". These short term goals help keep the game fresh.

Personally I would set your first goal to be "evolve dragon knight to ADK" this will make the rest of the red technical dungeons and all of the dungeons to temple of the saint - expert ridiculous with the rest of your dragons.

how many boxes do you have? How many magic stones are you floating? are you saving for the next god fest? Also don't be afraid to use your PAL points, as that is actually a decent way to get the lil' dragons (and more projects for nukes and damage resistance)

*Beaten...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Sorry, I typed something up at home and forgot to hit "submit reply".

First, you want to evolve your Holy Dragon. It's going to take grinding for food, but it's VERY worth it. You already have one ripper (your Graviton Dragon). 2+ rippers makes farming much easier.

Make friends with a strong healer (Xelios is a good start), an Odin (I have one that I main as my leader), and a Viper Orochi (for 70% resolve). You will want to use them often.

Evolve your Dragon Knight - ADK is beast mode for a ripper team.

Work on getting the other Lil' Dragons. I know they can be gotten via Pal pulls, so obviously work those as you can. I haven't found where all of the dragons spawn, but you'll want to do some research and get them all. They make up a very strong elemental team (and you already have ADK on the way, so you've got the hard step out of the way).

Siren will make a good healer for oh shit moments. Max level Siren is very good for healing harder dungeons when you need damage leaders or reducers and NOT a dedicated healer.

That being said...

Add me 398,038,297 for an Odin. Add Xelios or others for an Amaterasu Ohkami. Power up your dragons. Focus on ONE guy at a time and power level him. Don't spread your mats thin trying to build a "balanced" team right now. Get your two rippers up so you can start farming the harder dungeons.

E: All dem responses revolve around evolving your ADK. See? :p

ParityBit

I finally got past the 4th level of the fire tech dungeon. One more level to open the light (and hopefully a divine mask/rainbow ghosts to upgrade my Ammy!)

I went with a Blue Keeper as my leader, marine rider, red starter dragon, Ammy and a Enchantress as my friend.

This might be a noob question, but what is the draw of the sapphire dragon dungeon? And how tough is it? I have to decide whether I want to mess with that or keep getting through the Castle of Satan.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
This might be a noob question, but what is the draw of the sapphire dragon dungeon? And how tough is it? I have to decide whether I want to mess with that or keep getting through the Castle of Satan.

It's very simple and drops high-exp blue dragons. Optimal if you have blue monsters to level. Every day has a different colour of these dragons, although dark ("metal dragons") is most common.

ToxicAdam

It's super easy and you should do them at least once to get a stone.

Also, you can get Kings and High Metals which are great exp.

blackflag

so what level does Amaterasu Ohkami start getting good cuz she still sucks at level 27 and still seems worse than my level 58 Siren. Will she be much better at the same level?

Lol thanks for the replies everyone, now the only problem is trying to figure out how to get the mystic mask to evolve to an ADK. I tried to run the expert mask run and got owned on the 3rd level.

how many boxes do you have? How many magic stones are you floating? are you saving for the next god fest? Also don't be afraid to use your PAL points, as that is actually a decent way to get the lil' dragons (and more projects for nukes and damage resistance)

*Beaten...

I'm up to 110 boxes but only have 1 magic stone. I should be getting the consecutive 30 day login bonus though very soon. Haven't really thought about saving for a god fest event but I might do that.

The draw is to score High and King Dragons. The lowest ones can be sold off or used to evo Maxed out Pengdras.

Quick question. Do pengdras use the high version of the metal dragons to evolve? or only the regular ones?

Lowest level dragons. Two of them matching the corresponding element.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
so what level does Amaterasu Ohkami start getting good cuz she still sucks at level 27 and still seems worse than my level 58 Siren. Will she be much better at the same level?

Ohkami is great as she levels. Her healing is based on her RCV stat, so higher level = higher RCV = higher heal per turn. Also, feed her +RCV eggs to see the numbers soar.

ParityBit

Lol thanks for the replies everyone, now the only problem is trying to figure out how to get the mystic mask to evolve to an ADK. I tried to run the expert mask run and got owned on the 3rd level.

This is common (for me) Even with a resolve team. I decided that until I need a rainbow one, I will run tech dungeons (because they drop all sorts of good things in addition to the mask I needed) Took 3 days to get my mask, but I had a LOT of other goodies from the drops.

Note: This is only one man's opinion who wasted 100+ stamina and got nothing for it.

ToxicAdam

Get a friend that has a Shiva (fire-based god). His special power can let you rip through the Mask rooms.

If you are unable to, I can give you the ID's of a few accounts that are on my list that always have Shiva up.

How hard does the Expert Ice Mechdragon hit for approximately?

Roughly 5500 HPs every third turn. IIRC

Yes. Her RCV growth rate starts out slow but increases a lot in the later levels. It's almost like Gungho planned this in advance.

Kosh

Correct schedule.

[US] Sapphire Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 1/30/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 8:00 13:00 18:00
E: 9:00 14:00 19:00

Couldn't make any more space in my box, so I bit the bullet and bought the buttload of magic stones. Decided to try a few pulls.

Undine (Lvl 30/50, 4*, 497hp, 510atk, 266 rcv)
Idunn & Idunna (level 30/50, 5*, 824hp, 664atk, 278[+1]rcv)

Then I got a 3* Angel, which I already had, so I fed her to me existing angel hoping for a skill up (which of course didn't happen), and decided to stop there.

The Idunn & Idunna seems interesting, with a Leader skill of 1.5atk/heal for water monsters and an active 17 turn skill of 1.5 water attribute attacks. The undine seems useful, even if her leader skill (x2HP for blue teams) isn't too exciting at least her active skill voids fire damage for 3 turns.

That does give me 3 monsters that give 2x HP as their leader skill though. Thanatos in Dark, Genie in Light and now Undine in Blue.

Still have 67 stones, but as much as I want my own Siren (no idea why, there's like 15 in my friends list...) I think I'll wait for the water event to end. I have a decentish water team now with my Icedragon Plesios, Aurora Dragon, Shardran (for fire -> heal), Berserker (for the heal -> Water orb skill) and now the twins or undine. Eventually I can use my Ice Mechdragon Aldebaran, but with a 50 team cost on his own that seems pretty far off; my cap is like 62 I think.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You know it's gonna be a good day when you enter the sapphire dungeon and the very first thing you see is this:

cajFAs5.jpg

Got mine on wave 2, but I have to say of all the King dragons I've seen so far (all but green I think), the blue looks the most awesome. Love that helmet!

I could use a Shiva for that expert mask room. I don't see any of them in my friend list or even in gaf spreadsheet. So, if there is any Shiva owner with space in the friend list, please add me.

Quote to see my Id (or PM me yours) I usually use a Crystal Aurora Dragon that make wonders against Ice Mechadragon.

yea i had great luck this morning. 3 runs. 3 kings and 3 highs. cant wait for it to come back around this afternoon, maybe i can slam my neptune straight up to max level

J0dy77

Saw this on the Facebook group, one of the members there apparently drew it. pretty hilarious:

That's great.

I had a pretty good day farming Sapphire dragons today. Got one king in 3 runs and pushed my Blue dragon to 55 so he could crack my lineup.

Some tips I've noticed for beginning players.

- Make sure you level everything "rare", never dump a mob that you aren't seeing constantly in every dungeon. All of those Lil Dragons turn beastly as you go.

- As you get to higher levels, try to avoid leveling up if you have Stamina left. This gives you the opportunity to farm lower lvl dungeons that might have 1.5x drop rate or evo mats. (Example: You're 2000 from leveling with 20 stam, go back and do a dungeon that will provide 1500)

- If you need space dump your lowest lvl evo mats like basic masks and glow worms. They're the easiest to farm.

Edit:
yea i had great luck this morning. 3 runs. 3 kings and 3 highs. cant wait for it to come back around this afternoon, maybe i can slam my neptune straight up to max level

Annndd CPP makes me feel miserable about my 1 King 1 High in 3 runs. Thanks a lot :)

I could use a Shiva for that expert mask room. I don't see any of them in my friend list or even in gaf spreadsheet. So, if there is any Shiva owner with space in the friend list, please add me.

Quote to see my Id (or PM me yours) I usually use a Crystal Aurora Dragon that make wonders against Ice Mechadragon.

Request sent your way, man

Jinko

Got mine on wave 2, but I have to say of all the King dragons I've seen so far (all but green I think), the blue looks the most awesome. Love that helmet!

Super King Gold is the best.

Pet309.png

Metal looks pretty bad ass though.

Pet261.png

Whaaatt ! they hit for 10k every 2 turns :O, have 5k HP and 60k defence.

Jinko

Technically they are in our version as the monster numbers are 261 and 309, JP got the Super Metal Dragons event after 100 million (that can't be right) downloads according to the Chinese Wiki.

100k XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom