• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosh

[US] Heroes Descended starts at 12:00 PST!

[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 1/31/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 11:00 16:00 21:00
B: 12:00 17:00 22:00
C: 8:00 13:00 18:00
D: 9:00 14:00 19:00
E: 10:00 15:00 20:00

Jinko

I have been hoarding my PAL pulls. I don't know why ... someone said later there may be a better chance for GOOD pulls? I have 15 on one account and 12 on the other ...

I know JP got an event not so long ago where you could pull super king dragons from the pal machine, could be worth saving them for that if we ever get them.

The Heros dungeon doesn't look too hard with the right team, screwed if im spending 50 stamina to fail though :p

ParityBit

I know JP got an event not so long ago where you could pull super king dragons from the pal machine, could be worth saving them for that if we ever get them.

I shall do that then!

I must say, the P&D community (here) is some of the best out there. Right there with Dark Souls and the iOS/Board game crews!

I think we should update the OP to include strategies for any special dungeons for new people (and myself because I forget) how to best beat some dungeons. Like the Tuesday Mask's and Fridays lit's.

colinp

Banned
What was that website that had your various stats at each rank level? I think it was a Japanese or Chinese site...

Edit: speak of the devil, that's it! Thanks Uthred.

J0dy77

Had an amazing start to my PAD day. I finished Polar Tower with 3k exp left to the next level. Used the remaining level stamina to get my 2 Water Glow Worms to evolve my Mystic Blue Knight. The Polar Tower clear put me to 4 stones and when I logged back in I got the 5k like bonus and my 30 day putting me at a perfect 10 stones.

Then the rare pulls came... Basilisk and an Ice Guardian. /sadface

ParityBit

This game hates me....

I did the first level of the light tech dungeon, one drop. The drop was a Carbuncle. *sighs* I needed a ghost or mask!

Then I did 3 runs in the plant dungeon and got one dragon plant and 3 dragon flowers. :( I need plants to upgrade my Pengdra!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I gotta say, I ALSO had a fantastic start to my day.

• Logged in, got my 30 day bonus. Up to 9 stones (which I will be hoarding appropriately).
  • Ran the Thursday dungeon like, 5 times. I got one Dragon Fruit and a pile of Dragon Plants. I know have something like 10 evolved Pengdras.
  • Had 2 Pal pulls. First was an Ogre. Second? A fucking Lil' Blue Dragon! I FINALLY have all 5!

<3

J0dy77

Amazing PAD day continues, hopefully it's a GAF Karma thing and we all have amazing stories to report. After getting my 2 lackluster egg pulls I decided to give Voice of the Siren another shot.

vT13sLrl.png

FINALLY!!!! Her name is "Seanna" and she is my muse. I will be leveling her as fast as possible to finally open up my friend list to something other than healers.

To anyone looking to go for a Siren. DO NOT, REPEAT, DO NOT run Mermaid Feast. You would think that since there are three chances for her to drop and low cost to run it would happen quickly. IT'S A TRAP!!! Voice of the Siren of the Ice Mech Dungeon are the way to go.

Selner

I gotta say, I ALSO had a fantastic start to my day.

• Logged in, got my 30 day bonus. Up to 9 stones (which I will be hoarding appropriately).
  • Ran the Thursday dungeon like, 5 times. I got one Dragon Fruit and a pile of Dragon Plants. I know have something like 10 evolved Pengdras.
  • Had 2 Pal pulls. First was an Ogre. Second? A fucking Lil' Blue Dragon! I FINALLY have all 5!

<3

I popped into the Thursday Dungeon and picked up a Dragon Fruit too. I got all excited when I saw the gold egg, as I had no idea what that monster even was :) .

So those are used for pengdra evolving? I still have a bit before I'll probably even see on of those. Is it worth saving the Fruit? Or will it just take up space in my Box?

ParityBit

I popped into the Thursday Dungeon and picked up a Dragon Fruit too. I got all excited when I saw the gold egg, as I had no idea what that monster even was :) .

So those are used for pengdra evolving? I still have a bit before I'll probably even see on of those. Is it worth saving the Fruit? Or will it just take up space in my Box?

Keep! Always keep at least the higher level evo materials. That's why spending gems on box space is a really good thing. Especially early on.

ToxicAdam

The Dragon Fruit is an evo material for almost every final evolution of Dragon.

--- /// ---

I evolved 11 Pendgas today and fed them to my Enchilada and Devil Dragon. Still not at max level yet. :( The road from lvl 50-70 is brutally long.

harrytang

Contact gungho support with your ID and they should be able to fix it for you.

quick update for anyone that finds themselves in a similar situation. I contact Gunho through their website and let you them know what happened.

they promptly responded with an email asking for a lot of detailed info including:

exactly or best guess your progress in the dungeons, what rank are you, list the dates and times of the last dungeons you beat, photo evidence of stones purchased and invoice numbers from itunes receipts.

pretty awesome that they take this stuff seriously. i quickly provided as much as I could this morning and waiting to hear back. If you havent purchased stones, and this is the only way to guarantee that you can recover a lost account, go ahead and purchase one imo.

patiently waiting. had a shit ton of colored dragons and pengdras ready to evo with thursday dungeon and dragon plants. at this point just hoping to get account back with any amount of progress. after 100 hours starting over a grim prospect.

anyone know how they would push my account back to me? ive downloaded and reinstalled but have diff ID now. thanks.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Dragon Fruits are SUPER hard to come by and used for high level evolutions. Dragon Plants are the Dragon Seeds with wings. They're used a LOT more than Dragon Seeds. Stock pile Dragon Plants if you can. I've been sitting on like, 30+ colored dragons and Pengdras, WAITING for this Thursday dungeon to be good to me. :)

Radav

Dragon Fruits are SUPER hard to come by and used for high level evolutions.

I'm going to quote you here because I was planning on asking you all if I was using up all my luck on the Thursday dungeon and it seems like I am. Right now I'm staring at 11 dragon fruit in my monster box. Today I have gained 8 of those in 5 runs and on 2 of those runs I got 2 a piece. I really just want the plants too. LOL I swear this game loves tormenting me.

Selner

Dragon Fruits are SUPER hard to come by and used for high level evolutions. Dragon Plants are the Dragon Seeds with wings. They're used a LOT more than Dragon Seeds. Stock pile Dragon Plants if you can. I've been sitting on like, 30+ colored dragons and Pengdras, WAITING for this Thursday dungeon to be good to me. :)

After my quick trip into the Thursday dungeon, I have 1 Fruit, three Flowers, one Plant and one Seed.

I also have Lil Blue, Lil Red, Pteras, and Spina to lvl up. So I think I'll fire up the all you can eat buffet today, especially if I can get some more Plants from Thursday Dungeon.

I also have 9 magic stones. Should be able to get one from either clearing Fire Forest Nerva or maybe there'll be a 5th "5k Likes!" free stone tomorrow. Then if there's a Godfest tomorrow, woo, two pulls for me.

It's not really worth keeping any more than 1 or 2 Dragon fruit since so few things need them to evolve, and if you ever run out just run Thursday Dungeon a couple of times.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You guys are very fortunate to have that many Dragon Fruits. Maybe I'm unlucky, but so far, I've only ever seen the one Fruit pop up on the last round of the Thursday dungeon. Dragon Plants are by far more valuable to me (since they're needed for Pengdras), but when you want to evolve a ripper and are lacking the key ingredient...FRUSTRATION.

ParityBit

You guys are very fortunate to have that many Dragon Fruits. Maybe I'm unlucky, but so far, I've only ever seen the one Fruit pop up on the last round of the Thursday dungeon. Dragon Plants are by far more valuable to me (since they're needed for Pengdras), but when you want to evolve a ripper and are lacking the key ingredient...FRUSTRATION.

I just ran the dungeon again (finally got to 10 sta) and I got 3 seeds and a Dragon Flower.

I have 23 Dragon Weeds (flowers) now. Do I even need this many? Why can't I get the crap I actually need?!

harrytang

just wanted to say while i wait to see what happens with the account please dont remove moss@GAF from your friends friends list!! I have my ADK up right now and usually switch between that an siren. I know it's easy to cut guys that are inactive so if you clearing your list know that I hope to be back soon. thanks!!

Jinko

I just ran the dungeon again (finally got to 10 sta) and I got 3 seeds and a Dragon Flower.

I have 23 Dragon Weeds (flowers) now. Do I even need this many? Why can't I get the crap I actually need?!

I would only keep 3-4 of each evo material maximum personally.

Owzers

two runs now, only one dragon plant Xo.

MicH

Yup, I also have way too many Dragon Fruits and Flowers and not enough Plants :( They never drop for me, even in the Thursday dungeon. Damn :(

just wanted to say while i wait to see what happens with the account please dont remove moss@GAF from your friends friends list!! I have my ADK up right now and usually switch between that an siren. I know it's easy to cut guys that are inactive so if you clearing your list know that I hope to be back soon. thanks!!
You're moss? Oh man I need to thank you. Your Siren has been my go-to healer so many times. Thank you so much and I really hope you get this sorted out

ParityBit

I would only keep 3-4 of each evo material maximum personally.

OK thanks guys. I sold off 20 of them and now have 3. My box set looks so empty!

Today is farm plant day I guess. Then back to the grind of the stupid rainbow ghosts and light divine mask. I think my team is really weak power wise.

Either i'm lucky, or the drop rate for Fruit is really high. I'm sitting on 3 right now after feeding a couple. (They give a ton of XP as well).

Now if i could just get a Water-lit to drop......

Will you guys take a look at my stuff here and let me know what I should do. I'm hoarding all this stuff and I'm not sure if I should even be bothering. After every dungeon I have to fuse cause I run out of space. Problem is I don't have many coins. What do you guys recommend? I appreciate the help. I'm still fairly new to the game.
image.jpg

well after seeing all the positive stories, I am reluctant to post my story today.

I have run the thursday dungeon six times so far, and no fruit.

Is there any Wiki that has the actual drop rate percentages, or is just common, bad, and worse?

ToxicAdam

Will you guys take a look at my stuff here and let me know what I should do. I'm hoarding all this stuff and I'm not sure if I should even be bothering. After every dungeon I have to fuse cause I run out of space. Problem is I don't have many coins. What do you guys recommend? I appreciate the help. I'm still fairly new to the game.
]

What I do is check the evolve requirements for all my pets, then from there determine what I absolutely need to keep. I'm going to guess you won't need 6 Red masks. So, figure out how many you will need and sell the rest (or maybe keep one more, just in case).

Same with those Dragon Flowers. You probably won't need 4 of them for the current roster of pets you have ... 1 or 2 at any time should be enough. They drop fairly easily in the Tower of Giants if you need more.

well after seeing all the positive stories, I am reluctant to post my story today.

I have run the thursday dungeon six times so far, and no fruit.

Is there any Wiki that has the actual drop rate percentages, or is just common, bad, and worse?

That's some bad luck but not terrible. If I had to put a number on my drop rate, it would be about 20%. Every 5 runs I get one to drop.

J0dy77

image.jpg

Depends on the rest of the monsters you're using. If you don't have any humanoid evolves on the radar you can probably dump a few red mask. I personally don't hold onto many glow worms because they're pretty easy to go back and refarm. That ogre is just asking to be fed to another red monster as well. That can get you 5 slots easy (2 red masks, 2 purple glow worms, ogre).

Has anyone else been getting a free magic stone every day for the 5K Likes promotion? I feel like I probably should have only gotten one, but I'm up to 4 stones so far. Thanks GungHo! (pls don't take my stones back)

Owzers

Has anyone else been getting a free magic stone every day for the 5K Likes promotion? I feel like I probably should have only gotten one, but I'm up to 4 stones so far. Thanks GungHo! (pls don't take my stones back)

they've done that a couple times for events, your stones are safe.

Uthred

Wonder why the drop rate on dragon plants are so low. I'd literally 25 Dragon flowers and 10+Dragon Fruit before I followed the advice here and sold them off (well I used the Dragon Fruit for Power Ups, 5k/per isnt bad). But in five runs on the thursday dungeon I got three dragon plants.

raiot

Wonder why the drop rate on dragon plants are so low. I'd literally 25 Dragon flowers and 10+Dragon Fruit before I followed the advice here and sold them off (well I used the Dragon Fruit for Power Ups, 5k/per isnt bad). But in five runs on the thursday dungeon I got three dragon plants.

It's Murpheys Law... You get them in droves when you can't use them...

Jinko

image.jpg

Sell too of the flowers you won't need them for a while, sell the gold dragon he will give you some money at least, sell 3 of the red masks, that's what I would do, or buy 10 more slots with your stones.

2 questions: Anyone have any real reason why they adore "lil colored dragons" so much? Aside their ability? I've went through like every color and ended up selling or feeding them all.

Also, does this game track or care about your biggest combo? Landed a huge combo in the tricolor dungeon last weekend I was really excited about. 28 combos. It just wouldnt stop!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
2 questions: Anyone have any real reason why they adore "lil colored dragons" so much? Aside their ability? I've went through like every color and ended up selling or feeding them all.

Also, does this game track or care about your biggest combo? Landed a huge combo in the tricolor dungeon last weekend I was really excited about. 28 combos. It just wouldnt stop!

20k damage every 15 turns is nothing to scoff at. Also, paired with ADK, they make for some insane damage.

ToxicAdam

Lil Dragons have great stats, nuke breath as a skill, and their final leader ability is to halve damage from their respective color. A valuable leader skill in the later dungeons where Bosses can hit for 20k+ per hit.

They are much better than the starter dragons, imo.

There are achievements in-game (some related to combo making). You can access them through the 'other' option and scroll down. IIRC.

KuroNeeko

Because they level up into big cans of whoopass and are easily accessible.

edit: Wow, really? :O

xCobalt

The final evolution of the lil dragons have the ability to do 20,000 damage. Not to mention they have pretty good stats too.

Just getting to work so I have time for questions :)...

1 - Metal dungeon or Thursday dungeon? I'm thinking metal as I can use those to boost more of my monsters.

2 - OP mentions that maxed Pendgras give 9k exp but evolved ones give way more. I have started the technical dungeons and did get a green pendgras. How hard is it to get the evo mats for them? Worth doing, or maybe just run those dungeons more to get multiples?

MicH

I just got ANOTHER Mythlit from the Ice Cave technical dungeon! That's three in less than 24 hours! That's amazing and I can (almost) never get enough of those seeing as they're used in many evolutions. GREAT!

Owzers

meh, needed 1700 exp to level up so i could run 5 more thursday dungeons, died to the last tech dark level so now i have to wait to try to get that exp again somewhere....

Jinko

2 - OP mentions that maxed Pendgras give 9k exp but evolved ones give way more. I have started the technical dungeons and did get a green pendgras. How hard is it to get the evo mats for them? Worth doing, or maybe just run those dungeons more to get multiples?

If you plan on evolving the pengra's you will want to farm the dragons den like crazy today to store up on dragon plants, and yea its worth it, they give 45k each when evolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom