• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just getting to work so I have time for questions :)...

1 - Metal dungeon or Thursday dungeon? I'm thinking metal as I can use those to boost more of my monsters.

2 - OP mentions that maxed Pendgras give 9k exp but evolved ones give way more. I have started the technical dungeons and did get a green pendgras. How hard is it to get the evo mats for them? Worth doing, or maybe just run those dungeons more to get multiples?

1:Do you need dragon materials? if you do then Thursday dungeon, otherwise metal dungeon.

2: The Evo materials for each Pengdra is a dragon plant and TWO of the like colored metal dragons (so for blue pengdra you would need a dragon plant and two sapphire dragons) Those EVO materials are entirely up to Gungho on when they are available. Oh and there are no Dark or Light Pengdras.

ToxicAdam

2 - OP mentions that maxed Pendgras give 9k exp but evolved ones give way more. I have started the technical dungeons and did get a green pendgras. How hard is it to get the evo mats for them? Worth doing, or maybe just run those dungeons more to get multiples?

Pendgras are the lifeblood of leveling up faster. You just need to keep collecting them, Dragon Plants (which can be found in today's daily dungeon) and then Emerald Dragons (the green-metal dragons that appear once a week a few times a day).

5 evolved Pendgras given to the same colored pet is worth 175,000 exp.

massoluk

Banned
Lil Dragons have great stats, nuke breath as a skill, and their final leader ability is to halve damage from their respective color. A valuable leader skill in the later dungeons where Bosses can hit for 20k+ per hit.

They are much better than the starter dragons, imo.

There are achievements in-game (some related to combo making). You can access them through the 'other' option and scroll down. IIRC.

I fed my lil dragon to my starter dragon when I got it, i didn't know better :(

Also, i simply simply can't find that in-game achievement. You sure it's there. May be it's IOS only?

/My biggest combo so far was 14, thought it was awesome, got it screenshot.

ToxicAdam

Also, i simply simply can't find that in-game achievement. You sure it's there. May be it's IOS only?

Yea, maybe so. They are dumb anyways. They popup whenever you use a new skill or make a big combo.

There's also about 8-9 of them that you can get for a feature that isn't even implemented. I forget what the exact verbage was.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I just realized that my tutorial pull was the 5* version of the berzerker. Woot. I'll never be able to finish the actual dungeon for a while.

thaOwner

Just hit 66 and run the dungeon 4 times: 3 plants, 2 seeds, 2 fruits. I have about twenty saphire dragons that all need pengdras but I didn't even get one when I run the ice technical :(

ToxicAdam

When you are doing the technicals, always do the first level because you will come across more Pendgras that way. Because there are less a variety of monsters in those first levels.

raiot

Just what exactly did just happen? 3 metal dragon runs, 5 kings and 2 high? I won't complain!

SipYtf1.jpg

I am going to disagree with anyone who says to sell low level evo mats when you run out of space. I've been trying to get a damn blue sperm for hours now. Hours. I've burned through my stam twice, not one. At least with higher level dungeons you're getting good money or XP, I'm getting nothing except frustrated. I JUST WANT TO EVOLVE MY DAMN AURORA DRAGON!

J0dy77

I am going to disagree with anyone who says to sell low level evo mats when you run out of space. I've been trying to get a damn blue sperm for hours now. Hours. I've burned through my stam twice, not one. At least with higher level dungeons you're getting good money or XP, I'm getting nothing except frustrated. I JUST WANT TO EVOLVE MY DAMN AURORA DRAGON!

I know the feeling but when you're box is maxed out, you have to dump something. The glow worms would be the easiest of those things to get back but can be a pain at times. It's the lesser of two evils. Feel your pain.

When you are doing the technicals, always do the first level because you will come across more Pendgras that way. Because there are less a variety of monsters in those first levels.

Great call on this. Need to stop running the third level. Definitely getting less as a result.

ParityBit

This is how I am farming masks and rainbow glow worms too. When we don't have the normal dungeons.

quick update for anyone that finds themselves in a similar situation. I contact Gunho through their website and let you them know what happened.

they promptly responded with an email asking for a lot of detailed info including:

exactly or best guess your progress in the dungeons, what rank are you, list the dates and times of the last dungeons you beat, photo evidence of stones purchased and invoice numbers from itunes receipts.

pretty awesome that they take this stuff seriously. i quickly provided as much as I could this morning and waiting to hear back. If you havent purchased stones, and this is the only way to guarantee that you can recover a lost account, go ahead and purchase one imo.

patiently waiting. had a shit ton of colored dragons and pengdras ready to evo with thursday dungeon and dragon plants. at this point just hoping to get account back with any amount of progress. after 100 hours starting over a grim prospect.

anyone know how they would push my account back to me? ive downloaded and reinstalled but have diff ID now. thanks.

awesome news. i also womder how they might push it back to you. my guess is that they ask for your new id and then they make it so next time you log in it downloads your old data.

btw on your phone go into settings -> restrictions -> rnable and set Delete Apps to off :p

I was able to get the dragon plants I need for a couple of evolves (though the monsters themselves are not quite ready yet). Metal dungeon is tempting but I think I will farm the Thursday one as much as I can so I can upgrade some pendgras. I may have to spend a stone or two to expand my box some more...

ccbfan

This i why I don't understand how anyone can go with under 100 slots.

Its just too hard to play the game effectively. I keep at least one of every evolve mat. Wasting stamina trying to get a low level orb is not only stamina wasting but also space wasting since you need to keep the other 4 evolve mat. Plus the extra exp mats you about to spend on the character right after you evolve it.

Pengdra management and exp maximization alone takes like 30-40 slots.

blackflag

Ahh precious plant day. I'm selling almost all my evo mats so I can stock up on tons of plants. I have a lot of leveling to do and 170 slots.

Internets

That's what's going on with me right now. I've been farming those blue lits for DAYS, and I have gotten 0.

Selner

Just what exactly did just happen? 3 metal dragon runs, 5 kings and 2 high? I won't complain!

Just ran the metal dragon dungeon thing for the first time. Two Highs and three normals.

Curious though, how much damage do you need to be able to do to punch through the High's defense? I was able to punch through a normal's, and do more than 1 damage, but I can't get over the wall on the Highs.

They don't do much damage, so it just takes a while.

This i why I don't understand how anyone can go with under 100 slots.

Its just too hard to play the game effectively. I keep at least one of every evolve mat. Wasting stamina trying to get a low level orb is not only stamina wasting but also space wasting since you need to keep the other 4 evolve mat. Plus the extra exp mats you about to spend on the character right after you evolve it.

Pengdra management and exp maximization alone takes like 30-40 slots.
Agreed. I'm sitting at 155 slots I think. I suppose at lower levels where you're pretty much auto-feeding the dudes you catch to other monsters, lack of space isn't a huge deal. But when you have to keep Pengdras of various colors, the dragons to evolve Pengras you don't have at the moment but whose Alert! only comes up rarely (like blue or red or green), the various evolve mats (because farming *lits is horrible)...

Not to mention space taken up by monsters you actually USE.
That's what's going on with me right now. I've been farming those blue lits for DAYS, and I have gotten 0.
*brofist* I feel your pain. I feel your pain.

raiot

Just ran the metal dragon dungeon thing for the first time. Two Highs and three normals.

Curious though, how much damage do you need to be able to do to punch through the High's defense? I was able to punch through a normal's, and do more than 1 damage, but I can't get over the wall on the Highs.

I dont know for sure, but the 20k bomb from my Chaos Devil Dragon kills the high...

Selner

I ran The Cave Master like 5 times this morning, finally got one blue lit thingyamabob.
Just looked, and it's at half stamina right now, which is nice. But I want more metals!

Jinko

You do realise that its sprites tomorrow right ?

Highs have 15000 defence so you would you need to do at least that to break through, kings have 60000.

You do realise that its sprites tomorrow right ?

Well... I do now!

Jokes on me anyhow. I finally got a blue spermie, only to realize my crystal aurora dragon isn't the maxed out Blue I have, that was my plesios that I already evolved. My Aurora dragon is only level 13/70. He needs over 600,000 xp before he can evolve.

Maybe I should take a break for awhile...

Selner

I ran The Cave Master like 5 times this morning, finally got one blue lit thingyamabob.
Just looked, and it's at half stamina right now, which is nice. But I want more metals!

And I managed to squeak in one more metal run before the hour ran out. Stam replenished with about 30sec to spare.

Four norms and a King for me...

OK, where do I want to go to find violet demon masks?

Also, I have 2 kings, 1 high, and 2 normal metal dragons. Feed them to Lilith or wait until I get 3 violet demon masks and feed them to Vampire Lord?

TimeKillr

You can get violet demon masks in 3 places:

The dungeon right before Satan's Castle, on in both wednesday dungeons.

I've been trying to get 3 for the longest god damn time now and I'm stuck at 2. I'm going to upgrade my Succubus to a Lilith before I upgrade my Vampire Lord - at least farming the rest of the mats I need (just the little black things) is a bit easier.

I've taken some time off just farming for evo mats. How are technical dungeons unlocked? By rank, or through progress in the Normal dungeons? As it is now, I only have the wood technical dungeon unlocked.

thaOwner

I've taken some time off just farming for evo mats. How are technical dungeons unlocked? By rank, or through progress in the Normal dungeons? As it is now, I only have the wood technical dungeon unlocked.
You have to complete the wood to unlock ice / water and then complete that to unlock fire

Colby

I've haven't necessarily hit a wall, but I could use some advice. I'm up to the 4th Tech dungeon and the 3rd dungeon after Castle of Satan. My team of monsters is pretty lackluster, though, so I haven't done any of the harder special dungeons, except for one Keeper dungeon. I was hoping you guys could help me utilize my time wisely. Where do I go from here? Here's my team:

Echidna lvl 41
Flame Guardian lvl 38
Megalodran lvl 30
Lakshmi lvl 30
Plesios lvl MAX
Deep Chimera lvl 22
Flower Chimera lvl 24
Mandrake lvl MAX
Dragon Rider lvl 26
Holy Dragon lvl 25
Dark Golem Mk.II lvl 35
Volcano/Devil Dragon lvl 1

I have a divine fire mask and a fire keeper, if that helps.

I want to bring this post up again in hopes of getting some help. Also, my ID is: 384,134,290 if anyone wants to add me. I'm not sure anyone needs my lame monsters but I'll put them up if someone asks.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I am getting to the point I have to juggle 50 box spaces with 450 total, I'd go nuts with less.

Jinko

I want to bring this post up again in hopes of getting some help. Also, my ID is: 384,134,290 if anyone wants to add me. I'm not sure anyone needs my lame monsters but I'll put them up if someone asks.

Some good monsters in there, get a few more greens and you would have no problem with the expert mech ice dungeon.

ParityBit

I am getting to the point I have to juggle 50 box spaces with 450 total, I'd go nuts with less.

Holy moly! That's more than I have with both accounts! (I have like 250 with both!)

Speaking of which, how come I do not see you on my helper list? Is it because you are too high level? Your on my friends list.

Amazing PAD day continues, hopefully it's a GAF Karma thing and we all have amazing stories to report. After getting my 2 lackluster egg pulls I decided to give Voice of the Siren another shot.

vT13sLrl.png

FINALLY!!!! Her name is "Seanna" and she is my muse. I will be leveling her as fast as possible to finally open up my friend list to something other than healers.

To anyone looking to go for a Siren. DO NOT, REPEAT, DO NOT run Mermaid Feast. You would think that since there are three chances for her to drop and low cost to run it would happen quickly. IT'S A TRAP!!! Voice of the Siren of the Ice Mech Dungeon are the way to go.
Just a consideration. I know it's hard to hold back if you really need to use your Siren, but if you plan on maxing her skill and RCV, you might consider keeping her low level while you feed her Marine Goblins and monsters with RCV bonuses. The only benefit to doing so is saving a ton of gold, so if that doesn't matter to you, feel free to level away.

Really, I have way too many and end up selling all the new ones i get, although today I have started using them to level up my pengdra's as they give 5k XP.
I get a bunch from farming today's dungeon, too, but don't sell the Fruits. You only get 120 gold per, while they're worth 5000 base exp as a feeder and 7500 exp to Green monsters.

5 evolved Pendgras given to the same colored pet is worth 175,000 exp.
Actually, 150K base and 225K for same color bonus. So, even better!

ToxicAdam

Actually, 150K base and 225K for same color bonus. So, even better!

Ok, thanks. I was just going by memory there.

You seem pretty far considering the pets you have. You might need to focus on leveling up and evolving to move on.

You should also be doing the special bonus dungeons as they have drops in them that you can't find anywhere else in the normal/tech dungeons.

Selner

Your monsters are so much better than mine.
Here's my quick lame'o list:

*Tryannos - lvl20
Drall - lvl4
*Naga - lvl19
*Flame Knight - lvl14
*Samurai Goblin - lvl13
Lil Red Dragon - lvl3
Lil Blue Dragon - lvl14
*Venus - lvl11
Pteras - lvl1
Spinas - lvl11
Black Fighter - lvl9
Big Flammie - lvl9
(stars are current active party)

So yeah, I need to work on leveling and evolving. And cross my fingers with the two Rare pulls I'll make tomorrow.

I'm at the last room of the Fire Forest (3rd fire dungeon) in terms of dungeon advancement.

blackflag

Just a consideration. I know it's hard to hold back if you really need to use your Siren, but if you plan on maxing her skill and RCV, you might consider keeping her low level while you feed her Marine Goblins and monsters with RCV bonuses. The only benefit to doing so is saving a ton of gold, so if that doesn't matter to you, feel free to level away.

I wouldn't worry about it until she's in her final form though. Skills reset to level 1 when she evolves. stat + don't though.

I wouldn't worry about it until she's in her final form though. Skills reset to level 1 when she evolves. stat + don't though.

Not Siren's. The skill only resets if the name of the skill changes. Generally for orb changers, this isn't the case. As long as the official name of the skill doesn't change, her skill level will remain through evolution

mercviper

Not Siren's. The skill only resets if the name of the skill changes. Generally for orb changers, this isn't the case. As long as the official name of the skill doesn't change, her skill level will remain through evolution

If any part of the skill changes, it won't keep. Carbuncles have Healing Ray as a skill, but because the amount of heal differs, it doesn't carry on through evolution.

Colby

Thanks guys. I've been cheesing my way through the later dungeons by using Odin, but I'm getting to the point where that isn't very effective. I think I'll work on evolving the Volcano Dragon since I have the Keeper.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Speaking of which, how come I do not see you on my helper list? Is it because you are too high level? Your on my friends list.

Yeah, that happens. The closer you are in rank to friends the more often they appear. I'm going to hit 124 in a minute.

I've pretty much perfected the diagonal move now, feels good man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom