• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Verche knight of the sky. I have that in his third form as well.

Wait, really? I have a Verche but his leader ability is something completely different, you're saying it becomes something awesome once i evolve him? Oooooooh I gotta get on that.

J0dy77

Guess ill have to wait til light/dark or gods.

I am hording all my gems at this point!

Yeah I'm hoarding all my gems as well until we get one of those god fest events where the chance to pull something is really high.

Sure, now everyone tells me to horde gems. lol

Definitely regretting those rolling those 10 stones from this morning but they were just staring me in the face. No willpower and my team is turning out primarily blue. Will stockpile for Gods run now.

Gaspode_T

How is that Eye-dood you're using all the time as your leader? I try to use him as much as possible, but I usually pass him up for Vampire Lords for my dark team. Have you had any luck in the 歴龍 or 天空 dungeons yet? I can do normal in the former and 上級 in the latter, but it just doesn't seem like the drops are worth the stamina outside of the starter dragon in 天空.

I've hit a bit of a wall in the Polar Night Tower (極夜の塔) with the 9 and 10 waves. I could probably nuke past them, but I'm just running Twin Temple Diana for Marine Goblins, Black Knights, Hobgob Warriors, and a Succubus (nope.) I really only need a succubus to flesh out my dark team. I have Vampire Lord, Dark Dragon Knight, and Siren. After that, it'll just be a matter of getting a Valkyrie and then I can run a healer party with Succubus, Naga, Siren, and Time Mage.

Stockpiling gems for the GodFes that we're probably getting on Feb 1st, but to be honest, I have more units than I can reasonably level up. I'm torn about leveling up my Vampire Lord because looking at the high-level play vids, it seems like he doesn't get much use. I guess that's kind of a complaint of mine - there seems to be little variety in the late-game dungeons. I guess it's to be expected, but I have very few late game units - maybe my Siren, Naga, and Dark Dark Knight. Even units like Ifriit and Golem don't look like they get much use. Oh well.

Xelios, the rest of GAF is going to hate me, but you should stop throwing your Amaterasu out there so much, people are getting hooked on her. She's like the ultimate crutch!

I basically have been doing the exact thing everyone says not to do and leveling up so many monsters at once, so my progress is very slow...the reason I like those special monsters is because of the x40 attack which allows me to breeze through the early dungeons (the ones after the tower of satan) without having to tick away at the boss. Actually sometimes I can get through the boss in the first round with 4 of the x40 monsters. So I am basically just grinding and evolving as much as I can, so I have like 50 monsters I am evolving at once lol

Smiley90

If we really ARE getting a god fest, I'll probably have to throw another 25 bucks or so at the game... :/

Selner

Definitely take a few pulls during the green event, as my green team is pretty weak. I have a Wood Mech Warrior Asgard and a Dragon Knight (working on getting him to ADK) but that's it. Beyond that I only have a Mandrake, Brachy and 2 Green Keepers (at least until I use them to Evo something...). I can work on the Brachy, but the rest of my team is still pretty bad.

I have no green monsters. Fire, Light and and one Water.
So I will be pulling with my 10 stones tomorrow.

Is that Odin everyone talks about the only good Green God?
At this point, anything Green is probably good for me, so I'll take what I can get. And cross my fingers (toes, eyes.. etc) for something really good.

KuroNeeko

Yeah I do. Not sure I even feel like messing with the dungeon at this point in time though since I have 4* versions of both the drops and still trying to get wind mech. Plus his dragons are probably higher level than mine; my main ADK is 94? but my other and CDKs are both around 70. Echidna only around 40. That's a pretty cool run though!'

So I still haven't got that damn wind mech after about 30 expert runs, and it didn't drop on master technical so I'm not running that shit again. I did make a decent evolution recently:

photo345xuua.png

Maan, that Loki's looks nicer than my crappy Thor. I pulled it during our God Festival, but as luck would have it, we were getting bonus chances to pull Light units as well.... Crappy Thor. :/ Pretty sad when you're happier with your 3★ pull (GMK) than your 6★ pull.

Smiley90

Haha. Nice! :) 5 pulls!

I think that's actually 6 pulls ;) but yeah... I don't want to spend too much money :/ I'm a sucker for TCG's...

Also, the 23 dollar pack actually has the same stone/dollar ratio as the 46 dollar pack, and I'm definitely NOT spending 60 bucks... Right... Right guys...? Guys?

I think that's actually 6 pulls ;) but yeah... I don't want to spend too much money :/ I'm a sucker for TCG's...

Also, the 23 dollar pack actually has the same stone/dollar ratio as the 46 dollar pack, and I'm definitely NOT spending 60 bucks... Right... Right guys...? Guys?

At this point I've spent enough that I've already resigned myself to whatever happens :( lol

Smiley90

At this point I've spent enough that I've already resigned myself to whatever happens :( lol

The "best" part about it is that I'm in Canada, so "best" case scenario is there's a god fest and I have no itunes money on my US account and am too lazy to go the extra mile of getting a US card within the day, which in itself is already kind of hard.

Yaari

Did not nearly get the amount of Dragon Plants I was hoping for today. Now to dump them all on Amaterasu Ohkami or get my Holy Dragon evolved? Is 51-70 difficult for him without the use of Pengdra?

ParityBit

The "best" part about it is that I'm in Canada, so "best" case scenario is there's a god fest and I have no itunes money on my US account and am too lazy to go the extra mile of getting a US card within the day, which in itself is already kind of hard.

I have two accounts, so buying gems doesn't help me much

TimeKillr

That's the cool thing about Android - I can still buy points even if I downloaded the game when I hacked my phone to say I was on verizon. lol

I also have a Thor. Is he THAT bad? I mean his ability is kinda cute when you have a bunch of white monsters and healers as he boosts them, but I don't know if it's that good.

Smiley90

That's the cool thing about Android - I can still buy points even if I downloaded the game when I hacked my phone to say I was on verizon. lol

What does that have to do with Android specifically? The problem for me is that the game is not available in Canada, only in the US, and Canadian Gift Cards don't work with a US account. And you can't buy US cards in canada, not even online with a canadian CC. Apart from ebay, which I don't use.

TimeKillr

What does that have to do with Android specifically? The problem for me is that the game is not available in Canada, only in the US, and Canadian Gift Cards don't work with a US account. And you can't buy US cards in canada, not even online with a canadian CC. Apart from ebay, which I don't use.

On Android, the game is also available in the US only, but accounts are global.

So, being in Canada, I can hack my phone to say I'm on Verizon and fool Google Play, download the game from it, revert back to Rogers as my carrier and still buy magic stones without doing anything special.

Smiley90

On Android, the game is also available in the US only, but accounts are global.

So, being in Canada, I can hack my phone to say I'm on Verizon and fool Google Play, download the game from it, revert back to Rogers as my carrier and still buy magic stones without doing anything special.

Oh, you can pay for it with a Canadian credit card, even if the game isn't available in Canada? That's where iTunes fails at :(

Smiley90

My wife left the Ipad at work. My 48 consecutive day streak is going to end. :O

:twitches:

For some reason, I didn't play for 3 days one time and it didn't realize it and my streak kept going. Don't give up hope just yet! There seem to be some issues with tracking. Also maybe try setting back the iphone clock before starting up the app, never know.

Narras

I pulled a High Metal Dragon from the Pal Egg Machine just now. Did not know can get that kind of monster in there. I felt like I hit the jackpot when I saw it. lol

TimeKillr

I pulled a High Metal Dragon from the Pal Egg Machine just now. Did not know can get that kind of monster in there. I felt like I hit the jackpot when I saw it. lol

I got a Dub Mithlit verrry early on.

Helped me out SO much. Put it in my team, does 800 damage, all my others monsters combined did like 400 lol

J0dy77

I got a Dub Mithlit verrry early on.

Helped me out SO much. Put it in my team, does 800 damage, all my others monsters combined did like 400 lol

They had a special PAL bonus when they hit a certain download number in the US. I got a dub and rainbow keeper in back to back pulls. Was the last time the machine was friendly to me.

ParityBit

They had a special PAL bonus when they hit a certain download number in the US. I got a dub and rainbow keeper in back to back pulls. Was the last time the machine was friendly to me.

I have 20 PAL pulls on one account and 16 on the other. Waiting for ..... something.

I accumulated so many Dragon Fruit that I fed 20 of them to my Dragon Knight. Raised him from lvl 1 to 40. Had to make room in my Monster Box for more plants. I'm up to 78! :D Unfortunately, I'm out of Pengdras to evolve. But those can be farmed anytime. I'm taking advantage of today's dungeon while I can.

ccbfan

Man I'm gonna be going to town tomorrow on the spirit dungeon.

Gotta evolve
naga (5 fire orbs)
little white dragon (3 lit orbs)
little black dragon (3 dark orbs)
green starter (3 green orbs)
driad (5 green orbs)

Watch I get mostly blue orbs.

I have all the evo mats and a tone of exp mates (I got 20 blue pengdras, 5 green pendras, 10 red pengdras, 10 metal kings, 4 ruby kings, 1 emerald king, and 4 saph kings.

Gonna be a nice cleaning of my inventory for emerald dragon dungeons.

So, I'm staring at this Hero Descended dungeon. Provided you beat it, you're guaranteed a 4* rare drop of either Berserk or Highlander. So, economically, you can continue up to 5 times and it would equal a single rare pull. Take into consideration the bunch of crap or duplicates that you usually get from the rare machine, and you could continue 10 or even 15 times and still come out ahead, theoretically. I'm seriously considering making a run before it expires. I don't think I could forge a team out of my current collection that stands a chance without dying. But if I could beat it within 10 continues it might be worth it.

So, I'm staring at this Hero Descended dungeon. Provided you beat it, you're guaranteed a 4* rare drop of either Berserk or Highlander. So, economically, you can continue up to 5 times and it would equal a single rare pull. Take into consideration the bunch of crap or duplicates that you usually get from the rare machine, and you could continue 10 or even 15 times and still come out ahead, theoretically. I'm seriously considering making a run before it expires. I don't think I could forge a team out of my current collection that stands a chance without dying. But if I could beat it within 10 continues it might be worth it.

I thought about it, but both drops kinda suck imo, cant figure out when i would ever use them :(

Lol! Well that about as badly as could be. I went into Hero Descended with my dual ADK Green/Dark team. There were exactly 3 Green and 3 Dark orbs separated across the screen from each other with a jumbled mess of other colors in between. Basically no hope for setting up any kind of combos, as most of the timer would be spent just dragging single orbs across screen to at least make a match. I was killed on the first turn. 50 stam down the drain. Not gonna try it again this cycle.

blackflag

Lol! Well that about as badly as could be. I went into Hero Descended with my dual ADK Green/Dark team. There were exactly 3 Green and 3 Dark orbs separated across the screen from each other with a jumbled mess of other colors in between. Basically no hope for setting up any kind of combos, as most of the timer would be spent just dragging single orbs across screen to at least make a match. I was killed on the first turn. 50 stam down the drain. Not gonna try it again this cycle.

Yeah I think that dungeon is hard for adk. I think the dude in that video was just really good at orb matching and even then it was still sketchy.

Smiley90

got a lil' black dragon from the pal machine. Should I focus on leveling him up?, he's got +5 atk

yes. He turns into Chaos Devil Dragon, who dishes out a cool 20k damage every 15 turns and also has sweet stats.

KuroNeeko

Wanted to say the good luck from earlier today extended to me as well. Farmed enough dragon fruit for my remaining dragon evolves. Decided to try my luck with a PAL pull and scored a lil white dragon. Just need lil blue and green.

Can't wait to see what type of promotion they'll be running for the gacha once this water theme is done. Finger is ready to buy more stones. I freaking hate how wrapped up in this game I am. -_-

Anybody playing the JPN version? I think I have an addiction.

Yeah, Gaspode and I are on the JPN version. There's another GAFfer who's playing and he's on my friend's list, but I don't remember his GAF name. His archangel is pretty awesome though.

If you're playing JPN, hit me up at 151,280,206.

Smiley90

Godfest my ass, it's "just" the green chance :p

Although I COULD use some better greens, I got nothing apart from my Mandrake and my Toyceratops.

Owzers

Godfest my ass, it's "just" the green chance :p

Although I COULD use some better greens, I got nothing apart from my Mandrake and my Toyceratops.
Did one pull hoping for adk, got mystic light knight again. Saving 3 pulls worth for the next god event.

Woo! My hardheaded self went ahead and plunked another 50 stamina on Hero Descended. Told myself I was gonna spend as many stones as it took to beat it. Dunno why, just felt determined. First battle, I one-shotted the group of little devils. Great! Second battle I had to use 1 stone to kill all the Divine Masks. Third battle, the Knights had staggered timers. I killed 2 on the first turn, and survived the subsequent attack. Killed another one while gaining some health back, then finished off the last 2 on the third turn. No deaths. Fourth round was a doozy. Those Vamp Lords were some tough sons of bitches. Took me 3 stones to get past them. Fifth round was actually easier than the fourth for me. Siegfried had a ton of HP, but he was weak to my Green Dragons. Cu Chulainn never killed me despite attacking every turn. I only died to Siegfried's attacks. Luckily he only attacks every 3 turns. So, he got off 2 attacks before going down, and once he died, Cu Chulainn was easy peasy. In all, including the first unlucky attempt, I spent 7 stones and got one back for completing the dungeon. So, effectively 1 more stone than it costs for a rare pull. Not bad. I did run out of stones in the final battle, so I went ahead and bought the "Big Spender" package of 85 stones. I figured, might as well with hopefully that God event everyone is expecting to come up.

Qwk6Tm1.jpg

And now that the Dragon mat dungeon is gone, it's time to go Pengdra hunting to put all those Plants to use.

raiot

Depends on your other units. Green / Dark lets you run him in an ADK / CDK dragon team if that's your fancy.

I don't have an ADK yet but I have a CDK (not yet evolved, divine mask is missing) and a not so bad dark team... so it will be the dark evolution!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom