• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I spent two days getting a mermaid. Farming the ice mech dungeon, because I like the other rare drops from there, and finally got it.

So Friday I evolve one of My Nagas, and my mermaid. So now I am farming evolved water goblins to skill up my mermaid. Voice of the mermaid in sea cave mercury, first run through mermaid drops....

So multiple sirens... I can only imagine the possibilities with dual resist teams and 2 fully skilled up sirens.

The question is... Is the effort worth it? I figured two nagas can be helpful with resolve teams, or other delay type teams. But are dual sirens really worth it for teams without auto healing?

ParityBit

So I spent two days getting a mermaid. Farming the ice mech dungeon, because I like the other rare drops from there, and finally got it.

So Friday I evolve one of My Nagas, and my mermaid. So now I am farming evolved water goblins to skill up my mermaid. Voice of the mermaid in sea cave mercury, first run through mermaid drops....

So multiple sirens... I can only imagine the possibilities with dual resist teams and 2 fully skilled up sirens.

The question is... Is the effort worth it? I figured two nagas can be helpful with resolve teams, or other delay type teams. But are dual sirens really worth it for teams without auto healing?

What level were you farming the ice Mech? Or I guess wind also. I need to get some power in my team I think.

Pulled a few more rares today. Got a level 5 Pierdrawn (it is a dragon, but any good?), level 30 Highlander, and a level 30 Mandrake. I have a level 10 Mandrake already. I can go ahead and feed that to the level 3o hoping for a skill boost, right?

What level were you farming the ice Mech? Or I guess wind also. I need to get some power in my team I think.

I was doing expert, so I could attempt drops on plessie, mermaid and ice mech. I run an ADk leader. Rainbow keeper, chaos devil dragon, d'spinas, and alraune. With the support character being an autohealer. Got it down to 10 minute runs, 8,000 exp but 25 stamina.

Fire mech I switched out ADK for alraune, d'spinas for aurora dragon and a fire resistance dragon.

Wind mech I just run the same team as for ice mech.

I can not run the mech dragon technicals yet, which is why I am working on getting resist dragons for light and dark/different healer monsters.

ParityBit

I was doing expert, so I could attempt drops on plessie, mermaid and ice mech. I run an ADk leader. Rainbow keeper, chaos devil dragon, d'spinas, and alraune. With the support character being an autohealer. Got it down to 10 minute runs, 8,000 exp but 25 stamina.

Fire mech I switched out ADK for alraune, d'spinas for aurora dragon and a fire resistance dragon.

Wind mech I just run the same team as for ice mech.

I can not run the mech dragon technicals yet, which is why I am working on getting resist dragons for light and dark/different healer monsters.

Wow, sounds like you have it down! My team is not nearly as good as that.

MicH

I usually run the expert mechs with my Dark/Light team: Vampire Lord leader, Chaos Devil Dragon, Dark Dragon Knight, Light Golem Mk III, Holy Dragon and a friend Ama Ohkami. But now that I have an ADK, I might just try something new...

ParityBit

I usually run the expert mechs with my Dark/Light team: Vampire Lord leader, Chaos Devil Dragon, Dark Dragon Knight, Light Golem Mk III, Holy Dragon and a friend Ama Ohkami. But now that I have an ADK, I might just try something new...

I am wondering if I should try building a dual color team. Those are harder to do because all I have are dragons really.

blackflag

Double non leader sirens are preferred for several of the very difficult fights. Fully skilled of course. Dual resists, 2x siren, Neptune, I forget what else, keeper maybe?

DrFurbs

How do you guys manage your stamina. Ive only just started and im out of it and I really dont want to spend money buying things.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
How do you guys manage your stamina. Ive only just started and im out of it and I really dont want to spend money buying things.

Easy, you wait. This isn't the type of game that you spend all day playing. Of course, unless you want to spend money.

My tips on stamina management, always go to sleep on no or almost no stamina. Time rank ups so they are when you are almost out of stamina (so you get full stamina and can keep playing)

Otherwise, wait. This is not a game you play for hours on end.

It's a game that you can play around other things, like work, or other video games

J0dy77

There's a few things you can do but a lot of it is patience, you're going to run out of stamina in certain situations, farming special dungeons for example.

Some tips I've found:

-Early going as long as you keep progressing with new dungeons you'll always stay ahead of the stamina drain. Meaning you'll level before you run out.

-When you're nearing the end of a level go back and do lower level dungeons that will provide feeders and possible rare drops to improve your team. You want to level with as close to 0 stamina left as possible.

- If you haven't played in a while or can't play and your stamina is maxed your technically wasting it. Open up the game and enter a dungeon to get the regen going again, finish the dungeon when you have the time and you'll be back at max stamina.

xCobalt

Bn2e2Il.jpg

Took awhile but I took down the legendary ice mech. Did it twice but it finally worked out. Time to prepare for the wind mech!

ParityBit

Took awhile but I took down the legendary ice mech. Did it twice but it finally worked out. Time to prepare for the wind mech!

Wow, congrats man. I have been trying to get the drop on expert (Only can do if I have Odin) or Adept. No luck on a cool drop

J0dy77

That drop table is accurate. In terms of dungeon drops, mystic knights only drop from special dungeons.

Anyone have a high leveled monster with 50% ice resist? Looking for a Neptune or maybe megalodran(?) to run legendary ice mech.

Well that sucks. This game needs to do a much better job of telling people that. I would have run that dungeon hundreds of times trying to get an ADK.

Why wouldn't every end boss have an opportunity to drop?

Edit: I think I'm going to donate to this puzzle and dragon database site. They've got a TON of info up there I never knew about.

MicH

On my 5th try to get the Wind Mech on Expert. Since there's a 2x drop percent, I hope I will get it before it disappears.. so far no luck, but too many Dryads and Brachys lol :p

In other news I just pulled a Susano, Mystic Sone Knight, Gryps Rider and a Genie. My first God!

J0dy77

What are you all doing with extra beginner dragons ? Can't feed to your main ones because the skills change with levels right?

I was just feeding them hoping for a skill up. Don't think that works. With some going from level 1 to level 2 of evolution the name stays the same.

Don't really see the benefit of having more than 1.

xCobalt

Wow, congrats man. I have been trying to get the drop on expert (Only can do if I have Odin) or Adept. No luck on a cool drop

On my second account, I can do expert rather easily as long as I have 50% resist. What's your team composition like? I have a Ceres up on my main account if you need it. Doesn't have a lot of power but has a good ability and recovery.

ParityBit

On my second account, I can do expert rather easily as long as I have 50% resist. What's your team composition like? I have a Ceres up on my main account if you need it. Doesn't have a lot of power but has a good ability and recovery.

I am trying it right now with Ceres and I am at the starter wood dragon. See how well it goes. I kinda screwed up and forgot my starter red dragon *sighs* So if I do win thi, it will take a long ass time!

I will post my team as soon as I am done!

cspanick

Neo Member
Guys if you like P&D I really recommend Tower of Saviors it fixes alot of the problems I have with P&D. Its faster paced, combos are easier to get, nicer graphics and animation, also some new mechanics and you can build up to five teams. Really liking it so far Ill have to see how it fairs in the long run though.

J0dy77

Guys if you like P&D I really recommend Tower of Saviors it fixes alot of the problems I have with P&D. Its faster paced, combos are easier to get, nicer graphics and animation, also some new mechanics and you can build up to five teams. Really liking it so far Ill have to see how it fairs in the long run though.

Hmmm looks like it's available now on the US store. The website didn't have it available yesterday. I'll give it a try. I'm just so attached to my monster box on my phone, hard to abandon them. :)

ParityBit

I do not have much in the way of options. These are my two accounts (just main pets, I have evos and such and some random feeders)

You can defiantly sense a pattern ... Not sure what do do at this point. Been running random dungeons really.

Droid :
  • Plesios (lvl 16)
  • Marine Rider (lvl 20)
  • Toyceratops (lvl 23)
  • Amaterasu Ohkami (lvl 35)
  • Devil Dragon (lvl 44)
  • Green Dragon (lvl 11)
  • Brachio (lvl 5)
  • Plessie (lvl 1)
  • Firedragon Tyrannos (lvl 26)

iPad :
  • Minerva (lvl 14)
  • Firedragon Tyrannos (lvl 12)
  • Lil' Red Dragon (Max)
  • Tyrra (lvl 1)
  • Tyran (lvl 5)
  • Siren the Enchanter (lvl 61)
  • Aurora Dragon (lvl 49)
  • Lil' Blue Dragon (lvl 5)
  • Ancient Dragon Knight (lvl 30)
  • Toyceratops (lvl 13)
  • Lil' Green Dragon (Max)
  • Brachy (lvl 4)
  • Brachio (lvl 5)
  • Sundragon Pterados (lvl 54)
  • White Dragon (Lvl 16)
  • Moondragon D'Spinas (lvl 58)

MicH

FINALLY! After 8 runs of the Expert Wind Mech dungeon it finally dropped!

I11uXD4l.png

Also check out how many Dryads and Brachys I got in the meantime, lol. Pretty much EVERY run through it gave me a Brachy.

eVmjP5Nl.png

Next: Ice Mech :D

Wish I had damage reducers on my JP account. My one autohealer hasn't hit 5* yet so no Rondo of Healing, and I can't really attempt the Expert special dragon dungeons until I have damage reducers/healers.

KuroNeeko

Wish I had damage reducers on my JP account. My one autohealer hasn't hit 5* yet so no Rondo of Healing, and I can't really attempt the Expert special dragon dungeons until I have damage reducers/healers.

Cosmo, what's your JP friend code? I need to shoot you an invite!

I'm working on get Devil Dragon up for next week's Dark Mech dungeon. Figure I'll run it at 上級 for the succubus and hopefully, mech dragon. Then we got to work on Earth Dragon the week after that. :/

My Siren is a divine mask away from 5★.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

I'm working on get Devil Dragon up for next week's Dark Mech dungeon. Figure I'll run it at 上級 for the succubus and hopefully, mech dragon. Then we got to work on Earth Dragon the week after that. :/

I've been in that situation for a week now LOL. Not getting any divine masks from the Ice Technical either -sigh-. At least Running Wind Mech is giving me some good green fodder, so hopefully I'll be able to evolve my Mandrake into an Alraune soon. Level 60 atm, 10 levels to go, I got all evo materials already...

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I've run the expert wind mech around 40 times now--10 of those during the x2 event--and no drop. Good exp though; I have 80 stamina now which means 4 colored metal dragons runs per stone. Hey ho! I swear if this dragon doesn't drop soon though I'm gonna break something.

Smiley90

I've run the expert wind mech around 40 times now--10 of those during the x2 event--and no drop. Good exp though; I have 80 stamina now which means 4 colored metal dragons runs per stone. Hey ho! I swear if this dragon doesn't drop soon though I'm gonna break something.

Just don't let it be your phone (tablet?)! I have none of the 3 mechdragons :(

MicH

Hope you get it soon! Your Amaterasu helped me through the Wind mech multiple times, she's my go-to healer so thank you for having her up as your leader. Really appreciate it :)

Will the Ice mech get a 2x drop rate tomorrow?

xelios

I guess threatening the game worked (and believe me I did). FINALLY Was almost out of stones and ready to say the hell with it. Not buying any more until golden dragons or a godfest. Over 40 tries, way more than it took for ice and fire mechs and I got them without x2 drop...

photo38vnur5.png

I guess threatening the game worked (and believe me I did). FINALLY Was almost out of stones and ready to say the hell with it. Not buying any more until golden dragons or a godfest. Over 40 tries, way more than it took for ice and fire mechs and I got them without x2 drop...

http://www.abload.de/img/photo38vnur5.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Congrats man! And it's a great new ripper to add to your ADK team. I gonna start farming this 2x event now, too. Hope I get one.

Cobalt. Would you mind sharing your team composition for Legendary Ice dungeon? Were you able to beat it without dying?

You're already on my friendslist haha, I'm the Valkyrie without a username

ccbfan

This game is destroying me right now.

Spent all week trying to get the wind dragon.

Did at least 30 tries and a bunch today with the 2x drop. Nothing.

Got a ton of dryads though which is probably the worst healer to be multiple ones in then whole game.

xCobalt

Cobalt. Would you mind sharing your team composition for Legendary Ice dungeon? Were you able to beat it without dying?

I used a Crystal Aurora Dragon and a Sea Deity Neptune as leaders. Rest of the team was a Siren with max skill, Wind Mechdragon, Rainbow Keeper and Water Mech Warrior.

Weeee! Just got myself a wind mech dragon on my Ammy account!

Congrats.

Your iPad team would do pretty well if your earth dragons were fully evolved so you can fully utilize ADK's ability.

Well, you win some you lose some. 20+ runs of Wind Mechdragon - expert today and no drop. On the bright side, I went from rank 82 to rank 91, and with all the green drops I maxed out my Dragonette so I can evole it on Tuesday, and took one of the Dryads that dropped all the way up to a level 50 Mandrake, lol. And Gold Dragons is tomorrow, so I guess there goes another 10-15 magic stones, lol

Smiley90

Well, you win some you lose some. 20+ runs of Wind Mechdragon - expert today and no drop. On the bright side, Gold Dragons is tomorrow, so I guess there goes another 10-15 magic stones, lol

Gold Dragons tomorrow? THere goes my stamina. Plz someone post the schedule once it's out lol.

I used a Crystal Aurora Dragon and a Sea Deity Neptune as leaders. Rest of the team was a Siren with max skill, Wind Mechdragon, Rainbow Keeper and Water Mech Warrior.
Thanks. That's a pretty defensive team mixed with your big hitter Wind Mech and Neptune's poison. I like it.

Woohoo! Gold Dragon Dungeon today!

xelios

Oh wow gold dragons, man I'll have to be up for all three of these.

Smiley90

Oh wow gold dragons, man I'll have to be up for all three of these.

I was trying to find your "Damn this Wind Dungeon is annoying I'll stop spending stones unless there's gods or gold dragons" post but couldn't find it, but I find it slightly ironic how we now have Gold Dragons tomorrow. GungHo really heard you there LOL

xelios

Haha yeah it's always something. -_- Damn this game.

For me, Group B, dungeon should open at 10 A.M. PST

Smiley90

Haha yeah it's always something. -_- Damn this game.

For me, Group B, it should start at 10 A.M. PST

I'm group C, so I think it'll be 11am for me then? kk. I'm right before level-up, too, so I think I'll just run nothing tonight, as sad as that makes me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom