• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0dy77

I just ran gold 3 times and the kings and highs were definitely more rare. Gold is definitely for just getting your coins way up. Wish I would have sold the one high that dropped on the 3 runs, only gave my verche a level. On the positive note, im up to 400k coins. Will I ever really need that many?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I just ran gold 3 times and the kings and highs were definitely more rare. Gold is definitely for just getting your coins way up. Wish I would have sold the one high that dropped on the 3 runs, only gave my verche a level. On the positive note, im up to 400k coins. Will I ever really need that many?

Yes. I've went through about 3 million coins in the past month. I can only imagine the longer you play the more you'll need, especially when you max something out and start to put +eggs on it.

12 dragon runs just now, 3 kings and like 7 highs. Honestly didnt notice anydifference

This wasnice though

EywkViYl.jpg

MicH

42,000 just to complete the dungeon. Jesus that's very nice. Mine will be up in just a minute. Need to 1300 exp to level so I'll be able to get some Gold dragons soon :D

xelios

An hour of frantic gold dragon hunting with a dark/wood ADK team. Made over a million gold without selling any kings or highs. Can only hope all my ADK friends are refreshed the next go round =p

photo39tekyp.png

xelios

which Harpy's are used for Hera? The light ones right?

Yes, the light ones are called Harpie Demons. 2 max level/skill are used in one of the strategies. The good thing about skilling them up is you can feed any color, and both the demons or the lesser devils will work.

ParityBit

Do you guys keep any of the ogres to dual color or anything? Maybe I will just fuse them a few levels and then feed them to my lower level monsters.

xelios

Do you guys keep any of the ogres to dual color or anything? Maybe I will just fuse them a few levels and then feed them to my lower level monsters.

I kept two of each to dual element, just haven't had the mythlits to get around to it.

Maxed 4* Valkyrie and 4* Verche with this round of gold dragons, so they're ready for evolution. 4* Holy Dragon halfway there, gonna finish him off later. Also made another dual element evolution of Divinegon, giving me all three colors (no dark).

With the next round I'm going to max my Holy Dragon since he's the only lil' dragon I have left to evolve to 5*. After that I plan to save some kings for when I evolve him, my Valkyrie and Verche so they won't be sitting at level 1. Obviously light was my weakest team because of gold dragons being the rarest, but this is going to help a lot.

Yesterday I was feeling kind of bored/crappy with this game for some reason, but getting the wind dragon drop and the gold dragons coming along has renewed my interest a bit. Can't wait for an update to the game, but at the same time I'm glad I have time to get everything caught up before having to deal with everything new.

photo4067uud.png

So my GF has some monster she wants to evolve. She's got all the evo monsters necessary, all the cash she needs, her monster is at max level, but it's not letting her evolve it.

What is she missing? This has happened for two of her monsters now.

xelios

So my GF has some monster she wants to evolve. She's got all the evo monsters necessary, all the cash she needs, her monster is at max level, but it's not letting her evolve it.

It lets her go to the evolve screen for that monster and all the required materials show up but it's not letting her evolve? That wouldn't even make sense. Or do you mean it's not even letting her get to the evolve screen for that monster?

Any idea which monsters they are? (I'm assuming it's not an evolution that needs to take place through power up fusion. Only thing I could think of besides that is it not being in our build yet such as the starter dragons.)

Yeah. She goes to the Evolve screen, as in her monster is at the top, the 5 slots in the middle filled w/ the four monsters she needs for that evolution, and the result at the bottom is grayed out.

I'll check the monsters in a second.

xelios

Yeah. She goes to the Evolve screen, as in her monster is at the top, the 5 slots in the middle filled w/ the four monsters she needs for that evolution, and the result at the bottom is grayed out.

I'll check the monsters in a second.

Well the result at the bottom is supposed to be grayed out if you've never encountered that enemy. You can still press evolve and get it regardless. EVOLVE button grayed out? Because I've never heard of that. And yeah, derp, what ParityBit said. Make sure none of the required evo materials are fav'd. Can't believe that didn't cross my mind.

ParityBit

Make sure none of the evo's are Favorited.

blackflag

Yes, the light ones are called Harpie Demons. 2 max level/skill are used in one of the strategies. The good thing about skilling them up is you can feed any color, and both the demons or the lesser devils will work.

Thanks, where do they drop from? I have a couple and i know I fused a few before I knew about the strat.

xelios

Ok so it's a Plesios, and the Evolve button is grayed out.

Like Parity said make sure none of the evolve materials in the slots are in her favorites. Go to monster box and make sure there are no stars on them, if so "remove from favorites" then try the evolution.

Edit: I've evolved a Plesios before so I'm not sure what's up...

xelios

Thanks, where do they drop from? I have a couple and i know I fused a few before I knew about the strat.

They're common drops from higher level normal dungeons and their respective color limited time dungeons.

I think the 3* devils are pretty much the same (lower normal dungeons/adept limited).

MicH

Ok, well thanks for the help. I'll post if we find a solution.
Can you post a picture of the evolution screen? Perhaps we can see the problem.

In other news, I got 4 runs in on the Gold metal dragons. Got two kings and one high. Not so good. Got my Holy Dragon up to lvl 55 so only 15 levels to go! I have all the evo materials already.

Gonna restart my chase for the Ice mech as soon as my stamina replenishes and then make some more Gold runs in 5 hours.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Can you post a picture of the evolution screen? Perhaps we can see the problem.

In other news, I got 4 runs in on the Gold metal dragons. Got two kings and one high. Not so good. Got my Holy Dragon up to lvl 55 so only 15 levels to go! I have all the evo materials already.

Gonna restart my chase for the Ice mech as soon as my stamina replenishes and then make some more Gold runs in 5 hours.

Exact same things for me, oh well. Got my Holy Dragon only up to like 45 though :(

ParityBit

I need some friends to have 50% blue defense up. I used Mmmmmmmm's Neptune, and someone else's from GAF. Plus a dragon. It took me over and hour to use someones normal green dragon because I do NO damage in my group.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I need some friends to have 50% blue defense up. I used Mmmmmmmm's Neptune, and someone else's from GAF. Plus a dragon. It took me over and hour to use someones normal green dragon because I do NO damage in my group.

I can put my Fortoytops up if you want? 50% against wood&water AND he's green...

Xelios, have you reached Ocean of Heaven in the normal dungeons, yet? It's the perfect farm spot for a Green/Dark ADK team. All monsters are Light/Water, and among the drops are Marine Goblins, King Metal Dragons, and Mystic Masks. I've gotten several KMDs already, and I've run into 3 Mystic Masks, but haven't gotten any of them to drop. I need one to evolve my second ADK. The dungeon has a 1.5x drop event until midnight.

xelios

Xelios, have you reached Ocean of Heaven in the normal dungeons, yet? It's the perfect farm spot for a Green/Dark ADK team. All monsters are Light/Water, and among the drops are Marine Goblins, King Metal Dragons, and Mystic Masks. I've gotten several KMDs already, and I've run into 3 Mystic Masks, but haven't gotten any of them to drop. I need one to evolve my second ADK. The dungeon has a 1.5x drop event until midnight.

I actually haven't. I've been lazy with normal dungeons. I'm currently almost done with Hyperion Lava Flow. Thanks for the info though, I'll definitely be farming there for my sirens.

MicH

I've been running this ice dungeon on both accounts all day. Nothing with either so far!!
You're not the only one :( And it seems we won't get a 2x drop rate event either. Only the Wind mech technical got one. Too bad, afraid I won't be getting this one.

KuroNeeko

For all you guys playing JP, I just muddled through Expert (上級) in the Dark Mech Dragon of Destruction dungeon.

Devil Dragon (level: teens), Keeper of Light, Rainbow Crystal, Thor (level: teens), Echinda (level 43), Archangel. (level 30ish)

Most of my damage on the bosses came from Rainbow Crystal where I'd let him knock me down to about 80 hit points and then hit him for like 70,000 damage, before healing back up. It's a longer run, the boss fight taking about 120 turns total (4 Crystal Rainbow shots) but know I can I run it, so I'll be doing this for awhile.

I've read in user comments on the JP wiki that the drop chance in expert is probably around 5%.

Oh lordy....

MicH

How often do the dungeons come back?
I have no idea. I heard someone say that Japan had these mech dragons n October and they haven't been back since. So we might have to wait a while if that's true. EDIT: Well, it seems not. At least for the Dark mech as per above :p

Also I foolishly didn't monitor my health closely enough and accidentally died right at the end :/ Almost had the ice mech killed, too. Damn.

ParityBit

For all you guys playing JP, I just muddled through Expert (上級) in the Dark Mech Dragon of Destruction dungeon.

Devil Dragon (level: teens), Keeper of Light, Rainbow Crystal, Thor (level: teens), Echinda (level 43), Archangel. (level 30ish)

Most of my damage on the bosses came from Rainbow Crystal where I'd let him knock me down to about 80 hit points and then hit him for like 70,000 damage, before healing back up. It's a longer run, the boss fight taking about 120 turns total (4 Crystal Rainbow shots) but know I can I run it, so I'll be doing this for awhile.

I've read in user comments on the JP wiki that the drop chance in expert is probably around 5%.

Oh lordy....

I dont know....stuff like this (5%!!) means most people (including myself) may loose interest.

J0dy77

Man, the Castle of Satan is wrecking me. I struggled just to get last the first level. Any tips?

Post your team and we can help you out. Tips without seeing the team, Grab a good siren or ammy healer friend and it should be pretty easy for any makeup as long as you have enough HP to not get one shot.

KuroNeeko

I dont know....stuff like this (5%!!) means most people (including myself) may loose interest.

The drop percentage goes up as the dungeon level increases. Running at normal means a lower percentage to drop and master or even the technical dungeon I think gives greater drops.

I can't really comment on it though because Expert is probably my cap right now.

To be honest though, the game caters to people who spend money on it - money to refill stamina, money to continue, money to get rare drops; that's the way social games work. It's fair in that everyone has the same chance at everything though. I'm not going to go crazy on this dungeon, it's good experience, gives me a chance at farming a succubus, and is a possible mech drop, so it's basically a 3-for-1 deal for me.

Granted, some of the rare drops in this game are pretty ridiculous. I must have done probably around 50 runs of various dungeons trying to get a succubus already.

edit: The 5th floor boss, Devil Dragon, is pretty much a guaranteed Lil Black Dragon drop as well.

Think I'm giving up on these mech dragons, seems like a waste of effort unless you can survive master/legend.

Well if its any consolation they give great exp, and on 2x drop you get enough trash monsters to get quite a few levels. I took one of the dryads that dropped yesterday up to a pv. 50 mandrake, and went from rank 83 to 91 in the process

MicH

Well if its any consolation they give great exp, and on 2x drop you get enough trash monsters to get quite a few levels. I took one of the dryads that dropped yesterday up to a pv. 50 mandrake, and went from rank 83 to 91 in the process
Really enjoying the experience as well - and with dual ADK leaders it take me under 10 minutes to finish it off. So definitely do it for the experience. Now I just have to time it so that I'll be about to level when my next Gold dragon window opens :D (1 hour!)

Kosh

Sorry for you guys not getting him to drop, but I just had Ice Mech drop again on expert and still no damn Mermaid.

Decided to re-roll my alt account to see if i could get an ADK and got it first roll. Super pumped. Should always be an ADK, so if anyone wants to use, send a request to 306,844,229.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom