• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercviper

The trick here is very simple. Here is a video of the strategy to use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMmIb...ature=youtu.be

Please look carefully at the orbs positioning.

Here is the correct link for the video. Dont know why the link is always cut.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMmIb2s8xkg&feature=youtu.be

I don't get the guy's strategy in picking who to kill first. He should be targeting the odd mask type out of the group since if it gets a second chance to attack it actually has a chance to matching attack timings with another mask. The orb storage for the next level is pretty nice though.

MicH

I need to get one last run of the Expert Friday dungeon in (I've ONLY gotten the Rainbow dublits so far, what the heck? I need some green ones!).

To be a pain, can anyone with a Viper Orochi please relog or make him your leader for just a minute or two? Pretty please? :p

Was feeling good so actually bought 12 stones which gave me a total of 3 pulls with my 3 stones I had left from earlier. First pull I got Wood Mech Warrior Asgard, second I got Fafnir, third I got.... Mystic Dark Knight. lol So total for today is Parvati, Wood Mech Warrior, and Faf. If only the game would let me get a healer... ; ; lol
Wow. That's a great haul for so few pulls. I'm jelly.

nope, shrine of sprites expert. i should reiterate that its not always the case that my healer does nothing after being saved by resolve. sometimes they do heal me, but for less than what they should. its happened enough times now that im pretty much 100% sure im not imagining it.

i almost feel like theres a bug where the turn after resolve kicks in, your healing received by auto heal is reduced by whatever amount resolve mitigated

watch it from now and see what happens. your auto healer should always heal you for exactly the same amount, so its really easy to notice when they heal you for a different amount
You said you matched hearts? The only thing I could think of is if you were running a couple of these guys, who actually have a negative RCV, so you LOSE life when matching hearts. But they're not even available in the U.S. version yet. So, I don't know. http://translate.googleusercontent....%82%B9&usg=ALkJrhhBUSW-il07iqPnSKqHt8SUikfIKQ

On another note, I can't wait to get Japan's ability to manage multiple teams. I hate having to constantly switch team members when I'm doing a multi-dungeon cycle. For example, I have 69 stamina. I'm farming Expert Sprites for Rainbow Dubs, and I have enough stamina for 2 runs. Then, I have to swap team members and do a couple of Pengdra runs in the Tech dungeons to use up the remaining stamina. Then, I pop a stone to refill stamina, swap my team back to Sprite hunters and repeat the cycle. It will be so much easier when we can simply swap entire teams out.

Is replacing my Alraune with a Siren the Enchantress a good idea?

Also if you fuse a monster with multiple "+" additions into another monster, do all of the "+" stats go with it, or just 1?

I am trying to get some of those dungeon specific teams going (got a couple of Nagas from last weeks fire mech, siren for better healing with dual resist teams) and I don't want to lose all of those +RCV stats I have already given my Alraune.

Enchantress is great to have for any team.

+ Stats carry over as well.

I have 9 pal pulls and 12 open box spots. Any reason to hold them?

EDIT: Make that 9 slots. Bought 12 more stones and with the 3 I already had pulled 3 more rares. I got Mystic Light Knight, Mystic Ice Knight, and Dragon Knight. DK is the one that evolves to ADK, right? Are the other two good?

I have 9 pal pulls and 12 open box spots. Any reason to hold them?
Saving box space for egg drops is a good enough reason to hold onto them. You rarely get anything good from Pal pulls, and GungHo sometimes has special events that give higher chances for better stuff from the Pal machine, so you can save up for those. Though, if you're early in the game, a couple Lil' Dragons can be great to get early through lucky Pal pulls. I got my first Lil' Green Dragon from the Pal machine, and it's been a staple member of my main team, since I evolved it.

Edit: Saw your edit. All the Mystic Knights can be good on the right team, though I personally like ADK(evolved Mystic Stone Knight) the best, with Dragons being a very abundant and versatile monster type. It really depends on what teams you build around them. But any one of them would fit perfectly in a mono color team of the same color, since they're orb changers.

J0dy77

I need to get one last run of the Expert Friday dungeon in (I've ONLY gotten the Rainbow dublits so far, what the heck? I need some green ones!).

To be a pain, can anyone with a Viper Orochi please relog or make him your leader for just a minute or two? Pretty please? :p

My 37 viper is still up. 394,430,293

MicH

My 37 viper is still up. 394,430,293
I already used yours once :D If you could relog that would be awesome! :D

EDIT: Thank you so much! I just snagged a Green Dublit. Only one more to evolve my Sylph... That might have to wait until next week.

J0dy77

Tried to blitz the expert glow worms, made it to the Rainbow dublit and didn't have enough hearts to heal. I'll wait until next week.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Today is just not my day. I must've run Tower of Giants like 12 times now, 0 dragon plants. Wanna bet as soon as I get one, I'll get them in batches and won't need them.

harrytang

I don't get the guy's strategy in picking who to kill first. He should be targeting the odd mask type out of the group since if it gets a second chance to attack it actually has a chance to matching attack timings with another mask. The orb storage for the next level is pretty nice though.

doesnt matter who to kill first when none of the masks hitting on the same turn. if masks hit on the same turn, for instance on the boss battle after several turns, then you target whichever one you think you can to win.

masks hitting same turn in the middle floors bascially means you stuck if you didnt stock color orbs.

i like a more defensive line up with a delayer like naga, a gate keeper for reduced damage and odin just in case you end up unlucky with two hitting on the same turn.

the team in video works fine in those instances although i wont roll the same solid colors like though. i still go multi color even though it means i have to make more matches to get hits. with all one color you end up making those matches just to clear the board anyway.

thaOwner

Three kings, three highs and a handful of regulars. Over all a successful day. If only I can somehow get one of those dub-mythlit and ill be set for a while.

doesnt matter who to kill first when none of the masks hitting on the same turn. if masks hit on the same turn, for instance on the boss battle after several turns, then you target whichever one you think you can to win.

masks hitting same turn in the middle floors bascially means you stuck if you didnt stock color orbs.

i like a more defensive line up with a delayer like naga, a gate keeper for reduced damage and odin just in case you end up unlucky with two hitting on the same turn.

the team in video works fine in those instances although i wont roll the same solid colors like though. i still go multi color even though it means i have to make more matches to get hits. with all one color you end up making those matches just to clear the board anyway.

unrelated, but did you ever get an update on getting your account restored?

Best dungeon for farming the marine goblin?
If you've made it that far and your team can handle it, Oceanus Falls is the best dungeon for Marine Goblins. It also drops the occasional Blue Divine Mask and King Metal Dragon. Think I've gotten 3 Kings from farming it. As far as floor, take your pick of what you want and can actually handle. 3rd floor can drop an Ice Guardian in the 6th battle. 4th floor can drop Sirens on the last two battles. Last floor doesn't drop anything you can't get on the other floors, but it gives the best exp/stamina ratio at about 6000-6500 exp for 12 stamina.

If you've made it that far and your team can handle it, Oceanus Falls is the best dungeon for Marine Goblins. It also drops the occasional Blue Divine Mask and King Metal Dragon. Think I've gotten 3 Kings from farming it. As far as floor, take your pick of what you want and can actually handle. 3rd floor can drop an Ice Guardian in the 6th battle. 4th floor can drop Sirens on the last two battles. Last floor doesn't drop anything you can't get on the other floors, but it gives the best exp/stamina ratio at about 6000-6500 exp for 12 stamina.

3rd stage has a slightly better exp/stamina ratio, but not much

3rd stage has a slightly better exp/stamina ratio, but not much
Hmm. It would appear you're right based off the chart. However, the varying range makes it about equal. I've gotten over 6500exp several times on the last stage, which comes to over 541exp/stamina. But again, they can be considered equal on average. Then, my first reaction would be to farm the 3rd floor since you also get a chance at an Ice Guardian drop. Then again, if he's going specifically for Marine Goblins, the final floor gives him more actual floors with possible Marine Goblins per stamina, since floor 3 only has 5 random-mob battles whereas the final floor has 8. Anyway, I'm analyzing this way too much. =p

Ran the expert sprites today probably 12 times, FINALLY got the stupid Dub-Emelit. This is after 3 Dub-Mythilits, 4 Dub-Rubylits, 3 Dub-Amelits, 2 Dub-Topalits, and I think 2 Dub-Sapphilits. Of course the only freaking one I needed was the green one. This was going to be my last run of the day too.

bittersweet.jpg

pachuco

It has recently been confirmed to me that P&D is that new Japanese crack. Everybody in Japan plays P&D. I haven't seen a PSP on the train in quite some time or even a DS for that matter, which means that Monster Hunter is loosing it's steam.

Also, with the acquisition of Grasshopper Manufacture by Gung Ho, the publisher looks to be making moves into the console market. I can say without a doubt that this is the new crack that keeps Japanese people glued to their screens on train rides.

It has recently been confirmed to me that P&D is that new Japanese crack. Everybody in Japan plays P&D. I haven't seen a PSP on the train in quite some time or even a DS for that matter, which means that Monster Hunter is loosing it's steam.

Also, with the acquisition of Grasshopper Manufacture by Gung Ho, the publisher looks to be making moves into the console market. I can say without a doubt that this is the new crack that keeps Japanese people glued to their screens on train rides.

All it needs is four player local co-op battles against legendary dragons and Japan is toast

Smiley90

Wednesday, need 1 divine blue mask, run 10+ times, get 0.

Friday, run Tower of Giants 15ish times, get 0 dragon plants
Friday, run expert sprites 10+ times, need 2 blue dub-sapphilites, get 1.

GODDAMNIT.

Why do I always have to wait an extra week to evolve my monsters, their evo materials take up valuable box space, when I have 4/5 I need -.-

HuntTheMusic

Neo Member
Still can't play this in Europe and Gung Ho haven't given any kind of date. Why not just release the US version as English only and then patch in multi language support later?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I read the OP, and it recommended backing up the game data... What are my options for doing that on Android?

thespot84

I read the OP, and it recommended backing up the game data... What are my options for doing that on Android?

either root and use titanium backup or grab carbon and use the desktop client.

(Edit: you can use carbon either way, and it's super easy with root, but so is titanium backup it just requires root. Your choice really)

Smiley90

Okay, this is some kind of joke, right? I ran Dragons of the Tower like 15 times in hopes of a Dragon Plant, and it showed up multiple times, but never dropped. Then I decided to say "screw it" and ran Path to the Tower (the 1st one instead of the 3rd) and... Dragon Plant drops in the very first battle. W-T-F.

I do ultimate evolutions via the power-up screen, right? I now have a Tiamat waiting to become a dark/light one muahahahaha.

Is there a list somewhere of what ultimates have made it into the US version yet? I'd hate to waste material only to find out that they're not actually IN the game yet... e.g. the starter dragon ultimates :/

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Okay, this is some kind of joke, right? I ran Dragons of the Tower like 15 times in hopes of a Dragon Plant, and it showed up multiple times, but never dropped. Then I decided to say "screw it" and ran Path to the Tower (the 1st one instead of the 3rd) and... Dragon Plant drops in the very first battle. W-T-F.

I do ultimate evolutions via the power-up screen, right? I now have a Tiamat waiting to become a dark/light one muahahahaha.

Is there a list somewhere of what ultimates have made it into the US version yet? I'd hate to waste material only to find out that they're not actually IN the game yet... e.g. the starter dragon ultimates :/

No reason to waste material, the "begin fusion" button colors will look different than usual and begin to throb some yellow outward if you've put in the right components and it's in the current build. If the button's appearance doesn't change then just don't do it. I can tell you Tiamat evos are in the game though since I have a dark/wood.

Smiley90

No reason to waste material, the "begin fusion" button colors will look different than usual and begin to throb some yellow outward if you've put in the right components and it's in the current build. If the button's appearance doesn't change then just don't do it. I can tell you Tiamat evos are in the game though since I have a dark/wood.

ooooh alright! And start dragons aren't, tight? I'll probably just end up asking here for those that I find :p I know Hades and Tiamat are, and those are most relevant to me atm, apart from the starter dragons.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
ooooh alright! And start dragons aren't, tight? I'll probably just end up asking here for those that I find :p I know Hades and Tiamat are, and those are most relevant to me atm, apart from the starter dragons.

Starter dragons are not, afaik.

KuroNeeko

Hey man, if you're playing the JP version, shoot me an invite at 151,280,206 (SN: kuroMame).

I don't think GH's purchase of GM means they're getting into consoles. They came to us about two years ago looking for some work on the PSP and the social game space. Their titles, Keri Hime, PD, and Crazy Tower have been crazy profitable for them. If anything I'm thinking they're looking for someone to handle the handheld IPs like Ragnarok Online and develop more social games / online games. Console dev is a very risky proposition, especially here in Japan. I can't see any new players entering the market until the we get a bit further along into the evolution of gaming distribution (whatever that will be.)

It's worth mentioning that GM also made a social game - Dark Menace. I gave it a shot, but to be honest, it wasn't very good, nor did it sell well.

ParityBit

First run of the morning trying to get a light mask. I am running the first level of the light tech dungeon... first wave a mask! Didn't drop. :( second wave a STRONG mask!! Didn't drop. 4th wave... a mask!! Holy cow! This time it dropped!

I now have a level 35 Ammy Okhami!!

Now what do I do?! I was planning on farming a light mask all weekend.

thaOwner

First run of the morning trying to get a light mask. I am running the first level of the light tech dungeon... first wave a mask! Didn't drop. :( second wave a STRONG mask!! Didn't drop. 4th wave... a mask!! Holy cow! This time it dropped!

I now have a level 35 Ammy Okhami!!

Now what do I do?! I was planning on farming a light mask all weekend.

Get as much money as you can. Im still trying to level evolve my Amaterasu.

Kosh

[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 2/2/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 8:00 13:00 18:00
B: 9:00 14:00 19:00
C: 10:00 15:00 20:00
D: 11:00 16:00 21:00
E: 12:00 17:00 22:00

Yaari

My Amaterasu Ohkami is 75 now, but out of Dragon Plants again. And at this point it is getting very expensive :(.

Is there going to be a new Mechdragon on Monday? I am hoping to see the Light one.

huge-mistake.gif

After 1 hour of hunting for a dragon plant, I finally get 1 to drop. Yes! 3rd evolution of the green starter. Fantastic!

... and then fuckup and immediately fuse it to my Earth Dragon. sonofabitch.

tl:dr - fav your monsters...

Owzers

Has anyone tried the knock-off PD games? I downloaded Tower of Savior, no real opinion on it outside of being surprised that they copied the entire beginning introduction of PD too. You do get 2 "diamonds" when clearing a stage though instead of one in PD, same pull/buy items for pulls dynamic though.

harrytang

unrelated, but did you ever get an update on getting your account restored?

haven't heard back, but to be fair its only been since Thursday morning. I have a second account on my ipad that i never played so trying to rebuild there.

so far its the luckiest account ever. pulled the green spearman tech from first pull, and odin from second pull, and a fafnir for third. also got a cupid, green mystic knight 3*, yellow mystic knight 3*, and ice golem and a red titan. Naga dropped first try in normal dungeon so i really cant complain. glad to be playing again.

the only downside to the ipad is that i cant play at work anymore being that it's pretty obvious im not doing my job. oh well.... maybe that's a good thing.

anyway, great game and ill continue to plow through it. looking forward to opening up the tech dungeons again. only on twin temple diana now. havent spent any money on stones yet since im getting them so fast from beating dungeons. need to decide if im going to really invest in this account or not.

thanks for asking.

Has anyone tried the knock-off PD games? I downloaded Tower of Savior, no real opinion on it outside of being surprised that they copied the entire beginning introduction of PD too. You do get 2 "diamonds" when clearing a stage though instead of one in PD, same pull/buy items for pulls dynamic though.

i checked it out. i like the smoothness of the animations and the power rune when you make a 5 or more match. i didnt like the art style. it's hard for me to tell what i have on a iphone and its looks downright garbage compared to the colorful and clear PAD monsters. I couldnt play both so I'll be sticking with PAD.

KuroNeeko

I downloaded ToS, what, yesterday? I've been playing it when I run out of stamina in PaD. I haven't really progressed far enough to comment on it as a whole, but they've streamlined a few things and made it generally a more user-friendly game. Units can gain skill levels automatically, you can set a separate unit that your Allies will use instead of it being tied to your leader unit all the time, experience gains are shown in more detail. Personally, I prefer the art style in PaD, and they do rip a lot off of PaD, but it's interesting to see how the "genre" will develop.

There are a number of other clones here in Japan, but most of them are on iPhone, so I can't try them out. Will give the Sengoku Animal-thingy one a chance though.

BTW, my ID in ToS is 1,065,023. My SN is kuroNeeko@GAF:D

Owzers

I downloaded ToS, what, yesterday? I've been playing it when I run out of stamina in PaD. I haven't really progressed far enough to comment on it as a whole, but they've streamlined a few things and made it generally a more user-friendly game. Units can gain skill levels automatically, you can set a separate unit that your Allies will use instead of it being tied to your leader unit all the time, experience gains are shown in more detail. Personally, I prefer the art style in PaD, and they do rip a lot off of PaD, but it's interesting to see how the "genre" will develop.

There are a number of other clones here in Japan, but most of them are on iPhone, so I can't try them out. Will give the Sengoku Animal-thingy one a chance though.

BTW, my ID in ToS is 1,065,023. My SN is kuroNeeko@GAF:D

Maybe i'll give ToS a bit longer to see if it sticks me, a lot of the improvements you listed are no brainers and as much as i like PD in theory, in practice there are lots of annoyances that another developer could easily fix while doing the same gem matching gameplay. ToS's creature design seems a little muddy, not enough defined lines.

BurningNad

Just started playing, seems fun. Got a Cupid and a green Cu Chulain from my first two rare pulls, pretty sure cupid is good, what about the other?

xCobalt

Can anyone confirm if these links are correct or haven't been updated?

They're showing the major drops as only a couple. And not listing any of the mystic knights. Can any boss at the end of a normal dungeon drop or should I stop grinding and wasting stam. Really want and ADK.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/dungeon.asp?d=36

That drop table is accurate. In terms of dungeon drops, mystic knights only drop from special dungeons.

Anyone have a high leveled monster with 50% ice resist? Looking for a Neptune or maybe megalodran(?) to run legendary ice mech.

Radav

I finally got lucky yesterday after having abysmal luck with the expert sprite dungeon. I ran an expert Wind Mech Dragon Dungeon and got the Dragon! Yay! Then after that I decided to try my luck on getting a Green Divine Mask for my Mandrake to evolve to Alraune and got that to drop as well. Hopefully my luck continues today with the metal dragons and I start getting some of the higher ones again. It's been all lowbie metals for a few weeks now. lol

That drop table is accurate. In terms of dungeon drops, mystic knights only drop from special dungeons.

Anyone have a high leveled monster with 50% ice resist? Looking for a Neptune or maybe megalodran(?) to run legendary ice mech.
I got a max level Neptune ( missing those keepers...); ill put him up now.

harrytang

Just started playing, seems fun. Got a Cupid and a green Cu Chulain from my first two rare pulls, pretty sure cupid is good, what about the other?

yeah its good if you can build a team around him. i basically have the same thing and with a few tech people, especially the blue fenrir and a friend leader, you can do some serious damage. the 2x hp for tech has carried me through most of the normal dungeons to satans level. ill take any orb changers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom