• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol got Cupid on my first run. Seemed pretty easy with 2 ADKs, the boss barely hit for anything. Makes me wonder if Master is possible with only 1 damage reduction

Interesting, so the mid-boss of Master is an evolved Volt Chimera. If someone were to run this enough times, they might be able to max the skill level.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Interesting, so the mid-boss of Master is an evolved Volt Chimera. If someone were to run this enough times, they might be able to max the skill level.

I've fed at least 50 demons to my first harpy demon and it's only skilled up 7?ish times. I imagine that'd take a loooong time with only one chance of a drop per run and it being master tech difficulty.

Well just beat it on master but no drop. Wasn't super difficult, although I did have to use 1 stone at the boss. Would have probably been safe with 1 siren in my group, I just ran out of hearts. This was with only 1 damage reducer and an Amaterasu.

When master goes on 2x this is what I'm going to do, using stones if necessary to continue. Hopefully by then my CDD and other dark monsters will be higher level and i'll be able to just kill him straight up

raiot

Well just beat it on master but no drop. Wasn't super difficult, although I did have to use 1 stone at the boss. Would have probably been safe with 1 siren in my group, I just ran out of hearts. This was with only 1 damage reducer and an Amaterasu.

When master goes on 2x this is what I'm going to do, using stones if necessary to continue. Hopefully by then my CDD and other dark monsters will be higher level and i'll be able to just kill him straight up
What was your Dark Team? Do you think I can Beat him with this Team, if i Level my CDK a Bit?
3Ad0p5W.jpg

That's a lot of dark damage, definitely more than I had. Here's what I used.

gXYXJn5l.jpg

Considering Hades has the -30% health ability, and you have a rainbow keeper to save your ass at the end, I think you would be fine.

DrFurbs

I downloaded ToS, what, yesterday? I've been playing it when I run out of stamina in PaD. I haven't really progressed far enough to comment on it as a whole, but they've streamlined a few things and made it generally a more user-friendly game. Units can gain skill levels automatically, you can set a separate unit that your Allies will use instead of it being tied to your leader unit all the time, experience gains are shown in more detail. Personally, I prefer the art style in PaD, and they do rip a lot off of PaD, but it's interesting to see how the "genre" will develop.

There are a number of other clones here in Japan, but most of them are on iPhone, so I can't try them out. Will give the Sengoku Animal-thingy one a chance though.

BTW, my ID in ToS is 1,065,023. My SN is kuroNeeko@GAF:D

Started playing TOS. Much easier aft the beginning bit it's getting harder now. I prefer it and like a previous poster mentioned it fixes some issues and steam lines others. Stamina lasts a bit longer too so I can play more.

Was able to clear all the Noble Dungeons. Used 1 stone on Master and 7 stones on Legendary. Fortunately, I got the boss drop on my first Legendary run. My team wasn't optimal, but I'm not quite sure how I'd change it. I know I would've liked another CDK instead of the CDD. I think I also just need to raise my monster levels more. The damn boss used skill attacks seemingly 75% of the time. A couple of big combo chains saved me from using more stones. Took 2 really big chunks out of its life bar. But actually, I think I might've spent more stones getting bound by those fucking Harpy Demons. It might as well be an insta-kill when all your monsters can do shit for multiple turns. And on one occasion, after I spent a stone to continue, the game fucking drops me a screen with only 2 Dark orbs, and I immediately got bound again!

Anyway, 8 stones isn't bad for getting all the rare drops and getting 2 stones back for clearing all the dungeons. Actually, I didn't get a Lil' White Dragon drop, but I already got one so I don't mind.

oTWmLdp.jpg

PcWUTMo.jpg

1yvahOF.jpg

Uthred

Hate to be that guy, decided I'd start with the light mech dungeon on expert with dual adk's, got killed by the boss when he'd just a sliver of health left, figured fuck it and used a stone. So glad I did. This sort of makes up for the 47 times I ran the ice mech on expert and got exactly fucking nothing from it.

ocHCfTGl.png

Are there any guesses as to what the "choice" dungeon is today? Some people last night were thinking Zues.

Not that I can actually go through that dungeon or anything

ParityBit

So do you have to have a dark team to take out the noble mech on master? I am lacking a single color team (Other than a blue resolve), or should I be able to slog through it with an ammy and a 50% reduction to light? (Thanks Riot for your dude)

Kosh

‎[US] Zeus descended starts at 12:00 PST. God bless us all!

[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 2/4/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 8:00 13:00 18:00
E: 9:00 14:00 19:00

Yaari

Yea, is there anyone I can add that runs a 50% Light reduction leader? I dont have anyone in my list who does :(. I run a 80 Amaterasu Okami.

MicH

Yea, is there anyone I can add that runs a 50% Light reduction leader? I dont have anyone in my list who does :(. I run a 80 Amaterasu Okami.
I have a Lightning Holy Dragon as my leader at the moment nobly lv 8 though :/307846202 if you want to add me - or anyone else for that matter

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So sad that I've still not managed to grab any of the Mechdragons, even with 2x. I hope they all come around again...

E: Best Buy is having a 15% off iTunes sale, FYI.

ParityBit

So sad that I've still not managed to grab any of the Mechdragons, even with 2x. I hope they all come around again...

This is exactly why I realized I will not spend money on this game. I spent all yesterday running the ice dungeon with both accounts. Nothing to show for it because the drop rate is so phenomenally low. Some people have awesome luck and are getting all these monsters, but some of us are not having any luck.

I will just keep playing with the free aspect of it. Use up my stamina whenever I can, and save my gems for the good pull events!

harrytang

Eh, what happened? I had always heard they would do it for anyone who bought stones. Are they telling you it can't be done now?

all i know is I received a questionnaire asking me for a ton of info and photos of proof of purchase, which i promptly filled out and submitted. since then, absolutely zero response back, even to let me know they looking into it. maybe I'll be surprised and see that they ready to restore, but i couldnt wait around any longer and got to work on second account. up to level 44, down from level 90. sucks. least if they ready i know how to transfer this account back to ipad. got some good monsters I could throw up as leaders.

ToxicAdam

Don't you have to be of some crazy high rank to even use the mechdragons? 50 Team cost is a killer. I pretty much don't see the use.

Assuming you plan to play later down the road, these dragons are pretty invaluable to have on an ADK(x2) team. Much easier to have one of these drop than raise another Lil' Dragon. Plus, I believe they have better overall max stats.

It's not the end of the world if you don't get them, but it makes more sense to run these dungeons than run technical/normal ones.

J0dy77

‎[US] Zeus descended starts at 12:00 PST. God bless us all!

[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 2/4/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 8:00 13:00 18:00
E: 9:00 14:00 19:00

What does the Zeus descended mean? Is that the editor's dungeon?

raiot

I read about teams for Zeus... HAHA, best team is not possible because no one here has Zeus yet, so a double Zeus team...
Next best: 4x maxed Dark with double Hera/Hades. Ca. 0-5 stones to finish it. No, thanks :)

Owzers

Same here Xo. At least i got a stone for completing light dungeon for the first time. Drop the mech egg already!

xCobalt

I almost regret taking a dark/light hades to the dungeon. Nearly died when it was disabled for 5 turns. Definitely wont bring one for legendary.

StMeph

Assuming you plan to play later down the road, these dragons are pretty invaluable to have on an ADK(x2) team. Much easier to have one of these drop than raise another Lil' Dragon. Plus, I believe they have better overall max stats.

It's not the end of the world if you don't get them, but it makes more sense to run these dungeons than run technical/normal ones.

According to the Chinese Wiki, the mecha-dragons have some of the highest stat totals at max level in the game, with close to or over 6000 points, depending on the type. For reference, many popular max-level evolves only have about 4000 points.

http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/宠物属性最大值

Sort by the column on the far right, which is combined stat total.

harrytang

if anyone would like to trade level 20 gifts send me a PM with in game name and friend code. been sitting on mine for awhile now. thanks.

edit: taken. thanks otix.

MashingGAF, raiot, and I am sure I am forgetting someone, but thank you for keeping up your holy dragon & white/dark Hades.

NEED MORE 50% light reducers! Gotta get that light mechdragon...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
MashingGAF, raiot, and I am sure I am forgetting someone, but thank you for keeping up your holy dragon & white/dark Hades.

NEED MORE 50% light reducers! Gotta get that light mechdragon...

I'm looking forward to the day where I'll have my light/dark Hades, he's perfect for this....but he takes forever to level, damned god exp levelling curve :( at least I'm closer to having a lightning holy Dragon after yesterday

OTIX

I'm still pretty early on but what should I do with the +1 that I find? All I have are my red starter at 4*, red mystic knight, Fafnir, Mandrake and two lil dragons dark/light. Are any of those a decent recipient or should I keep stockpiling?

Smiley90

I'm still pretty early on but what should I do with the +1 that I find? All I have are my red starter at 4*, red mystic knight, Fafnir, Mandrake and two lil dragons dark/light. Are any of those a decent recipient or should I keep stockpiling?

Generally, you want to feed+RCU to your healers (eg mandrake) and the others you can feed to your attackers (fafnir or lil dragons are decent targets)

ParityBit

Well I got a Cupid and a lil' white form my last run. Guess that's good because I didn't have either before. No mech dragon though!

Smiley90

I just realized - Leader skills like"2x attack for dark monsters" also applies to the 2nd element of a dual-element monster who's main dark. e.g., the dark/light Hades also gets a 2x Light attack from my "2x attack for dark monsters" leader skill. Neat. I'm testing if I can get through expert mech dragon with a pure black 2x attack & raios' dual hades atm. :p 30% from his Hades and 15% from mine + 2x dark attack? yes please, if I cna survive without a healer this is gonna make life so much easier. This might be the first mechdragon I actually have a team appropriate for farming for.

EDIT: lololol. Got kinda close with the mechdragon, he got me down to like 20% health (since he attacks every turn and it's easy to run out of orbs, especially with no healer... but I can just put in a Siren next time and it'll be fine). But I got the Expert Mechdragon from full health to KO in like 5 turns with dual Hades & black rippers, feels soooooo good.

All of those monsters are VERY good to have early on. Mandrake will Autoheal after it's next Evolution. The lil dragons are phenomenal for damage dealing, all of the mystic knights are great. I am not familiar with Fafnir, but if someone else says it is good then it probably is.

+1 RCV should go on your Mandrake, +1 ATK and +1 HP should go on a different monster, I recommend the lil dragons as opposed to the starter. I feel that they are just better overall dragons.

Bleh. Experiencing a disappointing stretch with this game. Consequent runs in the gold dragon dungeon turned up nothing but little golds. Bright side is the money. Then decided to make sume Pulls as an early bday present, but mainly pulled 3 stars, and a fire and light elf. Meh. All this on top of many fruitless mech dungeon runs.

J0dy77

Add me (317.248.206). I have my Black/White resist Hades up!

Your friends list is maxed, mind making room for one more?

Bleh. Experiencing a disappointing stretch with this game. Consequent runs in the gold dragon dungeon turned up nothing but little golds. Bright side is the money. Then decided to make sume Pulls as an early bday present, but mainly pulled 3 stars, and a fire and light elf. Meh. All this on top of many fruitless mech dungeon runs.

I've been there as well. I had a real bad run trying to get a Siren. Then got lucky with Ice Mech Dragon, got the Siren a couple days later and have been a real nice leveling streak. I'm not really progressing (hit a wall at Tomb of the Saint - Expert) but still having fun and inching my way forward.

Have 10 levels to go on my siren before evolve, even got the mask while farming pengdras in Ice Maze. 10 levels and 2 glow worms, hopefully get it done today. Should open a lot of options for my team to stop relying on healers for friends.

Mashing

I got a level 30 soemthing Holy Lightning Dragon, youc an add me. I'm in the spreadsheet as MashingGAF. 398,735,294

I just had an idea. Maybe someone has thought of this before, but instead of doing the standard +ATK boosting on my ADK, why not pump him full of RCV? Imagine if you had +99 RCV on an ADK, for a total of RCV+297. You would basically be a healing powerhouse, and perhaps even be able to swap in an extra damage dealer because of it instead of bringing along a healer sometimes.

blackflag

I just realized - Leader skills like"2x attack for dark monsters" also applies to the 2nd element of a dual-element monster who's main dark. e.g., the dark/light Hades also gets a 2x Light attack from my "2x attack for dark monsters" leader skill. Neat. I'm testing if I can get through expert mech dragon with a pure black 2x attack & raios' dual hades atm. :p 30% from his Hades and 15% from mine + 2x dark attack? yes please, if I cna survive without a healer this is gonna make life so much easier. This might be the first mechdragon I actually have a team appropriate for farming for.

EDIT: lololol. Got kinda close with the mechdragon, he got me down to like 20% health (since he attacks every turn and it's easy to run out of orbs, especially with no healer... but I can just put in a Siren next time and it'll be fine). But I got the Expert Mechdragon from full health to KO in like 5 turns with dual Hades & black rippers, feels soooooo good.

Awesome if this is true. I'll test it out with my water/Dark Neptune in the light mech dungeon

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I just had an idea. Maybe someone has thought of this before, but instead of doing the standard +ATK boosting on my ADK, why not pump him full of RCV? Imagine if you had +99 RCV on an ADK, for a total of RCV+297. You would basically be a healing powerhouse, and perhaps even be able to swap in an extra damage dealer because of it instead of bringing along a healer sometimes.

What?

I'm pretty sure you can get a max of +99 in each stat--thus the +297 if you max them all--but no single stat can go above +99. So for an ADK you'd want to do HP/ATK because your RCV eggs are more vital to whatever you use as your primary healer. I'd never put RCV on anything but my healer until she has +99, but that's just me. I also don't put +HP on her because it would defeat the purpose of using her in low HP resolve groups.

harrytang

I have a Lightning Holy Dragon as my leader at the moment nobly lv 8 though :/307846202 if you want to add me - or anyone else for that matter

added! thanks for accepting me. rolling with your dude now. nutt@GAF. hoping to beat expert now with my raggedy team and collect the stone at least. feel kinda burned out after play ice mech expert so many times. not sure im down for the grind at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom