• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0dy77

Decided to re-roll my alt account to see if i could get an ADK and got it first roll. Super pumped. Should always be an ADK, so if anyone wants to use, send a request to 306,844,229.

Want one so bad. It's killing me that I have two on my secondary account. Angel, Siren, 2x ADK, Viper Orochi all on my secondary account... painful.

Jinko

Well if its any consolation they give great exp, and on 2x drop you get enough trash monsters to get quite a few levels. I took one of the dryads that dropped yesterday up to a pv. 50 mandrake, and went from rank 83 to 91 in the process

The trash isn't very good compared to pengdras, true enough its good xp, but the fights are so long and monotonous i dread doing them tbh, clearly I need a better team, but not throwing too much money at this game. (Think I'll just go playing DQ monster joker or something lol)

MicH

So. Many. Runs. Of. Ice. Mech. Dungeon. GOD just drop already :(

Also thanks Xelios for relogging quite often. That way I can use your ADK in every run through it :D

The trash isn't very good compared to pengdras, true enough its good xp, but the fights are so long and monotonous i dread doing them tbh, clearly I need a better team, but not throwing too much money at this game. (Think I'll just go playing DQ monster joker or something lol)

Ahh yea if it was taking me longer than about 10 minutes a run it would be terrible. i was using 2x ADK with some fire dragons so it was going pretty fast

Yaari

Wondering if I should just try to pull Rares now instead of wait for a God event that might not happen. That and is there even a God based monster that does better than ADK?

Not really sure what I even want from it.

J0dy77

So in addition to the recent Tower of Saviors which was mentioned, I just spotted another clone for this game: Rune & Heroes. Really? That makes 7 clones, that I'm aware of:

Tower of Saviors
Rune & Heroes
Wratch of Olympus: Puzzle & Champions
Angel Salvation
Dragems
The Lost Palace
Jewel Dragon

REALLY?

Are any of these even worth trying? Not liking TOS, the monsters look like they're pasted on the backgrounds... don't really blend in. Plus, I really don't like the gems and the way they move.

Kosh

Gave up on Ice Mech dungeon and ran Voice of the Siren. Mermaid dropped on about the 6th run. Finally!

Edit: never mind, found the answer on the Facebook FAQ.

Wondering if I should just try to pull Rares now instead of wait for a God event that might not happen. That and is there even a God based monster that does better than ADK?

Not really sure what I even want from it.

Odin
Valkyrie
Viper Orochi
Hades
Neptune

off the top of my head are some fairly OP gods. No single monster will work for everything, even ADK. If I had to pick only one god though, it would either be Odin or Valkyrie

MicH

Valkyrie isn't a God, is she? I have her and she is listed as a healer. I would love an Odin or a Viper Orochi! Where does the speculation that a God event might be happening soon come from?

Gold dragons in 10!

Valkyrie isn't a God, is she? I have her and she is listed as a healer. I would love an Odin or a Viper Orochi! Where does the speculation that a God event might be happening soon come from?

Gold dragons in 10!

Oops you're right about Valkyrie. Must have gotten confused since she's so GODLY lol.

The speculation comes from the fact that

a) The cycle of colored rare egg machine events will end this week (they did dark->light->fire->water->wood), and before the previous dark there was a god event. So being the end of a new cycle, there could be another.

b) this weekend will also mark the lunar new year, which is a cause for celebration in many asian countries.

In other news, finished up another round of gold dragons (refilled 4 times) and got 4 more kings about probably 10 highs. Was enough to take my Verche from 1 to 70, so he's ready to go when I get a Mystic Mask, and then got my Angel to 36. Hoping to be able to max her out on the final round of dragons for the day

Yaari

I guess Valkyrie would be nice. Although if she is no God (I thought aswell), then God event wont do much for her droprate eh.

Odin is great but I dont really want him. It will basically reverse my situation where I am now often a healer, then I'll be Odin looking for a healer.

I think I just need raw power. But if you had Valkyrie, she boosting Healer ATK 2x, what would you team her up with then? Which are good healer types?

I guess Valkyrie would be nice. Although if she is no God (I thought aswell), then God event wont do much for her droprate eh.

Odin is great but I dont really want him. It will basically reverse my situation where I am now often a healer, then I'll be Odin looking for a healer.

I think I just need raw power. But if you had Valkyrie, she boosting Healer ATK 2x, what would you team her up with then? Which are good healer types?

The thing about 2x ATK for healers is that healers have ridiculously high RCV. With a group full of all healers, and double Valk / Great Valk you're now looking at 6.25x attack on top of that. With so much RCV, you can literally heal back to full with a single 3-orb heart match. So unless something can one-shot you, you're pretty much invincible AND you can kill stuff almost as fast as a 2x ADK team. Sometimes faster since light is not weak against anything, and wood is

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wohoo got a Lil' Blue Dragon from a PAL egg. The only one I'm still missing now is the Green one... So close to having all starter&lil dragons now.

Yaari

The thing about 2x ATK for healers is that healers have ridiculously high RCV. With a group full of all healers, and double Valk / Great Valk you're now looking at 6.25x attack on top of that. With so much RCV, you can literally heal back to full with a single 3-orb heart match. So unless something can one-shot you, you're pretty much invincible AND you can kill stuff almost as fast as a 2x ADK team. Sometimes faster since light is not weak against anything, and wood is

Okay, thansk. So far improved odds of getting her I'd have to probably wait for a Light event again right?

MicH

I am actually thinking of running a healer/Valk team. I have all the components, just need to level and evolve some of them.

Great Valk (leader), Siren the Enchanter, Lillith, Echidna the Red Empress, Alraune/another Siren and a friend Great Valk.

Also I just finished my Gold dragon farming. 2 kings and 4 Highs in four runs. Pretty good! I fed them to my Holy Dragon and got a GREAT! 1.5 boost!! So it is now a Lightning Holy Dragon HUZZAH!

Wohoo got a Lil' Blue Dragon from a PAL egg. The only one I'm still missing now is the Green one... So close to having all starter&lil dragons now.
God I'm jealous. I only need blue and green as well! I only get duplicates from the PAL pull machine :( Have two reds and two white.

Okay, thansk. So far improved odds of getting her I'd have to probably wait for a Light event again right?
Yes, a light event. I got mine during a light event :)

Kosh

This is the heal team I'm running.

bkkGfDTl.jpg

With Valk friend. Or, since I have two Great Valks, can run this

d7dB1Dwl.jpg

with Orochi friend. Still need to get Echidna and Siren evolved.

KuroNeeko

Which are good healer types?

They're all good with Alarune and Archangel probably being your more "boring" types. If you're running a Valk / Healer party, you want utility out of your healers so you might want to look at

Siren:
Has amazing compatibility with Valkyrie. Change all fire orbs to hearts - then all hearts to light. Or just use it when you need to heal.

Echidna:
Great utility. Gives you three turns of breathing room to burn down an enemy or heal up.

Time Mage:
Same ultility as Echidna, but on a separate timer. I know that you can only use Echidna's ability once during each attack cycle, meaning you can run a party of maxed out Echidna's and lock down an enemy team, but I'm pretty sure TM uses a separate skill (Slow) so you CAN do both. So nice!

Gadgeteer:
Really good stats, has a shortened "Change the World" ability.

Lilith:
Poison. I'm still trying to get one so I don't know how good it is. :/

I have most of the above. I'm just waiting for the Vallk to drop. This, and an Isis (or Horus / RA) team are pretty much the two main teams I want to run. Instead, I'm being shoe-horned into a darkness team. :/ I got my Mystic Earth Knight though, so I think I'll make an ADK and just group him with Isis or something. :(

Wish we could trade. :(

With Valk friend. Or, since I have two Great Valks, can run this

Get back in your suit, you meddling Vorlon!

TimeKillr

Poison is awesome for a lot of places.

I'm pretty sure if I ran a team of 4 Liliths (or even 4 Succubus), a Viper Orochi as a helper and a Siren as my main (for the extra healing), I could get all 4 succubus to max out their skill usage in the first stage, then just BLOW through all the other hard stages with enemies with high defense/low HP, like the mask dungeons.

It essentially does damage regardless of defense, so it's very good.

MicH

So I had a rather interesting round of hunting Golden Dragons...

b3pCdgK.jpg
I hate you :( :p

And yes, poison is AMAZING! I bring my Succubus on every trip to the Mask/Sprite expert dungeon and use it on the very last round effectively knocking out every enemy out. It is amazing.

Ok so I have.been rerolling quite a bit...

Just rolled a Dragon Knight with +ATK. Is this worth keeping?

I assume first priority is to evolve him to ADK and try to assemble a 6.25 team and make ADK friends?

I also started with fire dragon. Just looking for some direction. I have been rerolling the last few days and would like to play now lol.

Ok so I have.been rerolling quite a bit...

Just rolled a Dragon Knight with +ATK. Is this worth keeping?

I assume first priority is to evolve him to ADK and try to assemble a 6.25 team and make ADK friends?

I also started with fire dragon. Just looking for some direction. I have been rerolling the last few days and would like to play now lol.

The +ATK doesn't matter since you can easily get that through normal progression, but yes, Dragon Knight is excellent. I wouldn't say that's your "first priority", especially since you're just barely starting, but yes eventually you will want to upgrade him. He'll more than suffice for quite a while though. What level did he pop out as?

The +ATK doesn't matter since you can easily get that through normal progression, but yes, Dragon Knight is excellent. I wouldn't say that's your "first priority", especially since you're just barely starting, but yes eventually you will want to upgrade him. He'll more than suffice for quite a while though. What level did he pop out as?

He is at 30.

I guess I am not sure what my priorities should be. I assume it becomes a bit more apparent as I start gathering various monsters? I haven't made it past tutorial lol.

He is at 30.

I guess I am not sure what my priorities should be. I assume it becomes a bit more apparent as I start gathering various monsters? I haven't made it past tutorial lol.

Your priorities this early are just to play for a while and get the hang of the game :)

MicH

I think I'm giving up on the Ice Mechadragon. I'm totally burned out of that dungeon and can't take more failure :( :p Ni no Kuni is coming tomorrow anyways, so YAY

Mashing

7 runs of gold metal hunting:

8 kings (they appeared alone atleast 5 times), 4 highs.

Evolved to holy lightning dragon and I can now max my Verche (and nearly max the other one I happen to have).

Apparently the game wants me to run a light team, but I odn't have a light healer (but plenty of Valk friends though).

Btw, how do you take pictures of your iPad screen? Are people doing that wiht some kind of app or just snapping a pic from their phone?

Oh and I got Ice Mechdragon after about 6 expert runs (no x2 either). Trying to get green, but he's being stingy.

massoluk

Banned
How do you guys keep track off when to use the eggs? How did you guys make speculation on these God festivals thing earlier?

KuroNeeko

Just went through my third run of the Dark Mech Dragon dungeon - no boss drops, no succubii.

Mixed it up a bit and decided to give crappy Thor some play time. I ran -

Thor the God of Lightning - lvl. 10 (←EXP hog)
Genie - lvl 30
Keeper of Light
Holy Dragon - lvl 30
Pterados - lv 22

Friend - Amaterasu Okami

Thor gives 2X ATK and RCV for all light creatures, so it wasn't too hard to keep going. I have a lot of redundancy in my team in case I run out of hearts to match or some other act of god happens.

The scariest part of the whole run is probably the first turn. Worst case scenario is there are no light gems and multiple monsters are on the same timer.

Otherwise, it's just tank and spank. Burn down enemies that share timers first. Boss fights usually require one heart match every other turn. If you run out of hearts you can pop and half-damage or invuln shield or even just go Amaterasu for a quick heal. Holy Dragon and Pterados were good for trash mobs and burning down Succubus and Lilith. Even Thor got to bust out light enhance a few times.

It was an overall faster run, but lack of orb changers hampers the fun factor.

How do you guys keep track off when to use the eggs? How did you guys make speculation on these God festivals thing earlier?

You mean the crystals, right? There's always some sort of special going on that increases drops of a particular element. If you're at a relatively good spot box space-wise, just hold onto your gems until you get a special that includes a unit you want. AND CHECK OUT CPP's post below about GodFestivals.

Either way, the chances of you pulling something you really want are pretty slim. You're probably going to want to keep a few crystals on hand just in case you get a rare drop and need to continue (if you're not planning on spending any money.)

ccbfan

Basically spent the whole day getting my holy dragon to lightning holy dragon.

Ran golden dragon all day and didn't even have enough to get to level 70. Had to supplement with 6 pengdras.

Leveling yellow sucks.

Man now I know why it took everyone forever to level their amu and valks. If I were to pull one of the less useful light gods I probably wouldn't even bother levelling it.

At least got a ton of coin though. Per stamina ratio its probably better than weekend dungeon and I'm not even including selling kings and highs.

harrytang

I used itools and backed up data048.bin and it seemed to work. It is now on my phone. It won't screw up anything in the long run will it?

Thanks for your post. Never used iTools before. Since it seems goingho probably not going to restore my deleted account I decided to move second account from iPad to iPhone. From what I read it seems like a good idea to move 48 and 56. One was account info and the other monster box. I just tried and everything loaded up fine after a long verification process. All stones and monsters intact.

Thanks for your post. Never used iTools before. Since it seems goingho probably not going to restore my deleted account I decided to move second account from iPad to iPhone. From what I read it seems like a good idea to move 48 and 56. One was account info and the other monster box. I just tried and everything loaded up fine after a long verification process. All stones and monsters intact.

Eh, what happened? I had always heard they would do it for anyone who bought stones. Are they telling you it can't be done now?

So my 2nd roll after passing the first set of colored dungeons? ADK dropped for me lol.

So I have a DK and ADK to start with. What should I do with the DK?

Edit: Oh and Lil Red Dragon dropped for me in the pal machine. Is this to eventually replace the starter red Dragon?

And if anyone wants another ADK friend...

302,947,227 Vols@GAF

So my 2nd roll after passing the first set of colored dungeons? ADK dropped for me lol.

So I have a DK and ADK to start with. What should I do with the DK?

Edit: Oh and Lil Red Dragon dropped for me in the pal machine. Is this to eventually replace the starter red Dragon?

And if anyone wants another ADK friend...

302,947,227 Vols@GAF

I guess you could put it that way, but the array of monsters available is so diverse that I wouldn't really say it's the type of game where you find replacements and then other monsters become useless. Every monster is useful for something or another or for some specialized scenario. That being said, the Lil' Red Dragon is AMAZING in its fully evolved form (as are the other Lil' X Dragons), so definitely hold onto it. And at least for now, until a future update from Gungho, it's outright better than the starter dragons after you get to about the 4* form

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
So don't kill me anyone but..after running the gold dragons I leveled at the end of the hour and wanted to quit playing but my stamina was full. Sooo I decided to run the ice mech dungeon since my ADK can do it so quickly. Ice mech egg #2 on the first run. -_-

raiot

So don't kill me anyone but..after running the gold dragons I leveled at the end of the hour and wanted to quit playing but my stamina was full. Sooo I decided to run the ice mech dungeon since my ADK can do it so quickly. Ice mech egg #2 on the first run. -_-
Damn! :( I got not a single rare Dragon drop:(

blackflag

I'm about to give up on ice. Fuck this thing I've ran it at least 30 times in expert and a few on master.

Going to give it 2 more shots on expert and going to bed. Please wish me luck lol

xCobalt

I'm about to give up on ice. Fuck this thing I've ran it at least 30 times in expert and a few on master.

Going to give it 2 more shots on expert and going to bed. Please wish me luck lol

I haven't attempted master too many times but for every run I did on the Mechdragons, they've always dropped. I'm thinking the drop rate is around 40-50%.

xelios

It took me over 40 to get the wind mech, including one boring ass run on master where it didn't drop and I wasn't going to do again.

xelios

Now, who's the Noble Mechdragon? Sounds like Light?

I'm guessing. 'Bout to try it with my wood/dark ADK team and no healer like I always did the water mech (expert). Wish me luck. :s

Edit: Easy peazy

MicH

Yup no Ice Mech for me either. I too ran it like 30 times on expert... Well at least I got a skill up on my Siren for feeding her some of the mermaids I got :p Hope the Noble dragon is kinder to me

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm guessing. 'Bout to try it with my wood/dark ADK team and no healer like I always did the water mech (expert). Wish me luck. :s

Edit: Easy peazy

I'll run it tomorrow morning, only for the stone though... I've given up on getting those mechdragon drops from just expert, and I'm far from being able to run Master, sadly lol

xelios

Yeah expert noble/light mech is cake with a wood/dark ADK team and no healer. I can see myself running it over and over just like I did the ice mech because it's so quick and painless. Also, Harpy Demons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom