• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
What is everyone doing with all the dragons they get from the mech dungeons? I have a bunch of whites and greens. Do you keep them or fuse them? The skill up-s do not carry over though correct?

Skill ups won't carry over to the higher evos so they're pretty much worthless if you already have them, just feed them or sell them.

Damn, badass. On a rand note, I actually have three people with @pg in my friendlist who've sent me randlm requests. I made it a point to only have gaffers on my list, but since you're @pg and so is raios, I figured i might as well. I have gaffers, pg's and the odd people with exceptional leaders (like a random person with an amu ookhami)

Yea I wish they gave us enough characters to put both things in my name, but it makes it too long. I started in the PG group before I knew about the GAF thread, and got a few ridiculously strong people on my list, but since it's larger and less personal than GAF, they won't recognize you without the PG and remove you. And generally you're about 100 ranks weaker than everyone there, so they have no reason to keep you except for just the courtesty factor (this guy with the Awoken Zeus is rank 190 I think). Otherwise I would have changed it and put GAF in it.

Most of the people there have been playing since before the US version was released, so they're all ridiculously strong.

Kosh

What is everyone doing with all the dragons they get from the mech dungeons? I have a bunch of whites and greens. Do you keep them or fuse them? The skill up-s do not carry over though correct?

If you wanted to, you could level and evolve them all the way then feed them to your starter or late game dragons (Fafnir, Leviathan, etc.) for possible skill ups.

/drool at Awakened Zeus' stats.

Kosh, I had the same question several days ago. I've been selling them off. You're right, their active skills change, so if you've got a higher evolved dragon, you're not gonna get skill-ups from the lower dragons.

edit: also what Kosh said.

I've also heard that there are skill-up events in the JP version, though I can't confirm myself.

Single stone clear of Zeus on Asian version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHAhxIZQod8

Looks like this player's using dual evolved Bahamuts as leaders. It's not available in U.S. version. I looked it up, and it's basically a Dark ADK. 6.25x ATK for Dragons, except it's Dark, which is obviously useful against Zeus. So each of his Dragons are doing 12.5x damage. Before I watched this, I was thinking of something similar, except with Vamp Lord leaders, a couple Heras/CDKs and Echidnas/Orochis. If I'm gonna be spending stones after almost every attack, I figured it might be more economical to go for all-out offense to shorten the fights.

edit: I was stunned when Zeus did get off his lone attack after Orochi's skill wore off. Left the player with only 3 HP. :O Talk about min/maxing! If Zeus got a second attack, it probably would've been a special attacked and killed the player.

KuroNeeko

I've successfully run The Dark Mech Dragon of Destruction dungeon about 8 times, and failed about 4. All runs have been at Expert (上級).

So far I've earned

Lil' Black Dragon: 5
Succubus: 0
Batal: 0

:(

Not giving up yet!

anyone try Tower of Saviors? Pretty obviously a rip of, but plays a ton faster than PAD. Especially with Combos (one of the things that bugs me about PAD). Been putting in quite a bit of time today, already up to lvl15

I'm playing it while I wait for Stamina to recharge in P&D. It does a few things better than P&D, but also does a few things worse. I'm going to say that art style, which is highly subjective, is a bit worse. The actual game mechanics, as well as game itself, is probably a bit better. Stages move faster. Monsters have slightly interesting more skills. Also, not knowing everything is a lot of fun, as well. Riding that wave with others and finding stuff out at the same time is cool.

MicH

I think I have run this mech dungeon 50 times today on both accounts. Nothing at all.
Don't worry you are not alone. I have run it sooo many times as well and no luck. Good experience though and I use the Harpie Demons to skill up for Hera. So far the Wind Mech has been the easiest by a mile for me :/

Oh well, we still have a lot of time to get it. Hopefully we get a 2x drop event.

Yaari

I too need to start doing the Harpie Demon thing. Too bad I found out about it after already selling like 25 of them, bah :(.

ParityBit

Don't worry you are not alone. I have run it sooo many times as well and no luck. Good experience though and I use the Harpie Demons to skill up for Hera. So far the Wind Mech has been the easiest by a mile for me :/

Oh well, we still have a lot of time to get it. Hopefully we get a 2x drop event.

Well it's nice to have some company! :)

Usually I come to this thread and see people talk about how on their first run they got the Super Dragon Zeus of Oden 5 color 8 star ultra rare ...

OTIX

So I tried a dungeon that's way too hard for me really, but I guess Odin is really good (thanks harrytang) and I am very lucky?

EJhC1ajl.jpg

rHHhYavl.jpg

What exactly is the Harpie Demon thing?
http://puzzle-dragons-global.wikia.com/wiki/Harpie_Demon

It's a monster used in one of the suggested Resolve teams to defeat Hera's dungeon. I swear the skill-ups for these fuckers are rarer than most, though. I fed my little Harpy Devil nothing but other Devils/Demons(a whole bunch of 'em) all the way through evolution. He's almost at max level, but his skill level is only 7.

It's a monster used in one of the suggested Resolve teams to defeat Hera's dungeon. I swear the skill-ups for these fuckers are rarer than most, though. I fed my little Harpy Devil nothing but other Devils/Demons(a whole bunch of 'em) all the way through evolution. He's almost at max level, but his skill level is only 7.

Damn, I need to get on this, too. -_- So many things to do.

KuroNeeko

So I tried a dungeon that's way too hard for me really, but I guess Odin is really good (thanks harrytang) and I am very lucky?

rHHhYavl.jpg

How did you stay healed up with that team?

Seriously. I'm doing the same with all the demons I'm getting in the Dark Mech dungeon and the Skill Level never goes up.

ParityBit

I don't know what monsters to leave out when I go to bed. I usually leave my healers, but I also have a ADK and the air mech dragon

KuroNeeko

With an Odin leader, expert Wind Dragon only hits for 755 every 2 turns, if you're at full health. His team has 756 RCV, so he'd only need to make a single heart match every 2 turns to stay topped up.

Hmm, seems like getting to the boss would be the hard part. If you hit a wave with more than one creature on the same timer - you're going to get knocked out of your healing zone pretty easily. Don't get me wrong, Odin teams are good stuff - but the team looks like a one-trick pony. Then again, I'm a very cautious player and tend to stick tons of redundancy in my teams in case something goes wrong.

Might give Odin a try in the Dark Mech dungeon since I'm pretty much stuck waiting for one dude's Amaterasu to relog. :/

colinp

Banned

EJhC1ajl.jpg

rHHhYavl.jpg

Very lucky! I'm about your level and I couldn't make it through. Maybe I'll try again later, but it's an expensive stamina hit. Did you use any stones to bring yourself back?

atlantos

Neo Member
Guys,

How does rerolling works? I read the OT and was not very clear.. Say you have 5 Gems and you make a backup of data048.bin file at that time... then you use that 5 gems for rare egg... Say you are not happy with the result... could you replace data048.bin with the backup and that 5 Gems reappear for your account? Is this how it works? Obviously whatever you got from the rare egg first time will disappear? If this is the case how come everyone is not doing it? How is the developer policing this? I thought every time you roll, server is contacted and whatever you get will be stored in the server side as well? Not sure..

Also where can I find data045.bin on my android phone? What's the directory structure?

I spent 15 Gems recently and I was very unhappy with the results.. should have waited for the rumoured god event... I wanted to buy some Gems but they are so expensive... I wanted the option for reroll before I commit to buying something...

OTIX

Hmm, seems like getting to the boss would be the hard part. If you hit a wave with more than one creature on the same timer - you're going to get knocked out of your healing zone pretty easily. Don't get me wrong, Odin teams are good stuff - but the team looks like a one-trick pony. Then again, I'm a very cautious player and tend to stick tons of redundancy in my teams in case something goes wrong.

Might give Odin a try in the Dark Mech dungeon since I'm pretty much stuck waiting for one dude's Amaterasu to relog. :/
Yeah it wasn't very stable, my team is still really bad. I just had a bunch of stamina and hadn't tried the expert dungeon before.

Very lucky! I'm about your level and I couldn't make it through. Maybe I'll try again later, but it's an expensive stamina hit. Did you use any stones to bring yourself back?
No, but without Odin it would have been impossible to stay alive.

xCobalt

Congrats on getting Zeus guys. I'm definitely not ready for any of the special legendary dungeons. I want to challenge myself so I'll be trying to do 0 stone runs if possible. I don't want to spend an absurd amount of stones/money just to get the drop...feels like a pay to win sort of thing.

Guys,

How does rerolling works? I read the OT and was not very clear.. Say you have 5 Gems and you make a backup of data048.bin file at that time... then you use that 5 gems for rare egg... Say you are not happy with the result... could you replace data048.bin with the backup and that 5 Gems reappear for your account? Is this how it works? Obviously whatever you got from the rare egg first time will disappear? If this is the case how come everyone is not doing it? How is the developer policing this? I thought every time you roll, server is contacted and whatever you get will be stored in the server side as well? Not sure..

Also where can I find data045.bin on my android phone? What's the directory structure?

I spent 15 Gems recently and I was very unhappy with the results.. should have waited for the rumoured god event... I wanted to buy some Gems but they are so expensive... I wanted the option for reroll before I commit to buying something...

You'll have to replay the tutorial after scumming your save file, since data048.bin only saves your account login info, not the account itself.

If Android is anything like iOS, data048.bin should be located in the Documents folder, with the main app being called like jp.gungho.padEN or something along those lines.

atlantos

Neo Member
You'll have to replay the tutorial after scumming your save file, since data048.bin only saves your account login info, not the account itself.

If Android is anything like iOS, data048.bin should be located in the Documents folder, with the main app being called like jp.gungho.padEN or something along those lines.

So.... rerolling only works at the very begining of the game when you have done the tutorial and get the first 5 gems... If you are half way through the game... you won't be able to reroll? Replacing the data048.bin with a backup reset your progress?

So.... rerolling only works at the very begining of the game when you have done the tutorial and get the first 5 gems... If you are half way through the game... you won't be able to reroll? Replacing the data048.bin with a backup reset your progress?

It's recommended to reroll after the tutorial because it's the fastest way to get five gems. If you're already partways through the game, you can back up your current data048.bin, reroll until you get fed up with playing the tutorial, then restore your account by copying the file back.

ccbfan

Ive gotten over 15 friend requests in 4 hours ive had zeus up lol

I tried adding you awhile ago but I think your friend list was full.

Tried again.

I got ADK, a bunch of fully evolved lil dragons, stage 3 siren, vamp lord, nothing amazing so wouldn't mind if you refused

Looks like I've finally hit a wall in the normal dungeons with my ADK team. Vesta Cave. Looks like it's the first dungeon of the final tier of normal dungeons according to the wiki. It's a Red/Green dungeon, and the first floor boss is a Phoenix Knight with 11,396 ATK, 643,293 HP, and 11,000 defense. I could survive a single hit, but I couldn't heal fast enough between attacks. Looks like I'll have to resort to team planning instead of the brute force that's gotten me this far. What sucks, is that I actually ran into a King Gold Dragon and got the egg drop, but I wasn't about to spend a stone on a 13 stamina dungeon for it. And actually it probably would've taken me a couple stones to beat the boss.

I tried adding you awhile ago but I think your friend list was full.

Tried again.

I got ADK, a bunch of fully evolved lil dragons, stage 3 siren, vamp lord, nothing amazing so wouldn't mind if you refused

I added you and removed zeus as my leader for now so i stop getting friend spam, lol. Ill tey to make room for any gaf people though. Zeus isnt that powerful until you evolve him anyway, so itll probably be a few weeks before hes up there. I still need to do my 2 sirens, and im going to evo like 5 guys tonight when keepers come aound, so ill have to get them up to reasonable levels too. Then zeus.

In other news, i spent like5 stones to finish off Hyperion Lava Flow, and im glad i did. First monster in the zone in Oceanus Falls was a King Metal Dragon which dropped, and i also got like 6 marine goblins. Plus with 2x ADK its not that hard

I must have run the light mech dungeon 8 or 9 times and no luck. A couple of lil' whites, no Cupid and of course no mech dragon. Gotta keep at it, but tomorrow being keeper day, and I need blue, black and light keepers...

So far ice mech took a couple of days only running that dungeon, I did not get the firemech, and the wind mech dropped the first shot.

Narras

After countless number of runs, I've finally got Wind Mechdragon Canopus. I can barely fit him into my team if I wanted to use him. lol

Anyways, I wanted to start farming for the Noble Mechdragon, but I don't really have anyone in my random friend list with any light resist leaders. Anyone mind adding me at least for awhile? ID number is 381 834 291.

Okay. Law of averages or is GungHo randomly fucking with skill-up rates? After feeding dozens of devils to my Harpy to the point of maxing out its level and only achieving skill level 7, I proceed to feed 5 devils to my second Harpy and get 3 skill-ups in one go. Then, I fed my Vampire Lord an extra Vampire and 3 evolved Baddies and get 2 skill-ups! Tried my luck again, feeding 2 extra Nagas to my Echidna Empress, but no dice. Really damn weird.

Colby

I could really use an Odin or evolved Amaretsu. I really need to complete the Master Keeper dungeon, but I highly doubt I can do it without those two. My ID is:

384 134 290

Thanks in advance!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
vFX7Fvc.png

My first boss drop ever in the game. Wasn't even trying, I was going in the special dungeons to raise my rank since they give good xp. I was sleepy when I got it and evolved it to level 21 without thinking of dat team cost, lol. Guess I'll leave it as team leader once in a while when I stop playing for the day.

Yaari

^

Nice! Still trying to get it, 10 runs so far.

Also just 3 Keepers runs, and no luck at all. I don't know what I've ever done to GungHo that made them hate me this much.

Colby: I've send you a invite for my Ohkami!

Kosh

[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 2/5/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 9:00 14:00 19:00
B: 10:00 15:00 20:00
C: 11:00 16:00 21:00
D: 12:00 17:00 22:00
E: 8:00 13:00 18:00

Yep, metal again...

raiot

Is anyone in need of a Viper Orochi or should i just leave the Hades up? I don't need the Keeper Dungeon today and tried 15 runs on seacave mercury for goblins. Got 5 Goblins and not a single skillup! :(

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
^

Nice! Still trying to get it, 10 runs so far.

Also just 3 Keepers runs, and no luck at all. I don't know what I've ever done to GungHo that made them hate me this much.

Colby: I've send you a invite for my Ohkami!
If you still have space in your list could you add me too? I'm 328,834,287, I could use another Okami Ammy as I only have Xelios who owns one in my list right now.

Yaari

If you still have space in your list could you add me too? I'm 328,834,287, I could use another Okami Ammy as I only have Xelios who owns one in my list right now.

Sure, done!

Does anyone know the names of the Egyptian Gods in the JP version? I know of Ra, but how many more are there?

Hope I can work towards being able to run the Mask dungeon later this week. I want to evolve Verche.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom