• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
How hard does the Master-level Light Mech hit? I've been hearing the the light mech is one of the weaker mech dragons, but not sure if it extends to the Technical dungeons.

What?

I'm pretty sure you can get a max of +99 in each stat--thus the +297 if you max them all--but no single stat can go above +99. So for an ADK you'd want to do HP/ATK because your RCV eggs are more vital to whatever you use as your primary healer. I'd never put RCV on anything but my healer until she has +99, but that's just me. I also don't put +HP on her because it would defeat the purpose of using her in low HP resolve groups.

If you use 99 +1 eggs, you don't have +99 to the stat. It depends on the stat. for RCV you get +3 RCV for each +1 egg. So 99 +1 RCV eggs is actually +297 RCV. Or am I doing this wrong?

Secondly, I guess my point is trying to find a way to avoid even bringing a healer in the first place. For 2x ADK builds people often bring a siren. What if you could put another dragon in there instead and still have plenty of healing?

ToxicAdam

Speaking of no healer builds, Phoenix Knight has an interesting leader skill that gives x2.5 RCV to all technique pets. I don't have enough to find out if it could work, but it's an interesting thing to try out.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
If you use 99 +1 eggs, you don't have +99 to the stat. It depends on the stat. for RCV you get +3 RCV for each +1 egg. So 99 +1 RCV eggs is actually +297 RCV. Or am I doing this wrong?

Secondly, I guess my point is trying to find a way to avoid even bringing a healer in the first place. For 2x ADK builds people often bring a siren. What if you could put another dragon in there instead and still have plenty of healing?

Ah, yeah I'm aware of that but I misunderstood and thought you meant adding 297 +RCV eggs instead of the others, lol. Don't mind me, just woke up and can't read I guess. Yeah you could do that, though I'd still have a maxed healer first myself.

anyone try Tower of Saviors? Pretty obviously a rip of, but plays a ton faster than PAD. Especially with Combos (one of the things that bugs me about PAD). Been putting in quite a bit of time today, already up to lvl15

xelios

Did a pull just for the hell of it and got a 2nd Neptune. So I guess that'll be my Abyss, eventually. Come ooonnn godfest.

Awesome if this is true. I'll test it out with my water/Dark Neptune in the light mech dungeon
I can confirm as true. I have both a red/green and a red/blue ogre, and Ive been running a lot of Wind Mechdragon lately. My ogres get the x2 from my Ifrit, even in the green/blue attacks. (Including attacks that are JUST green/blue.)

ToxicAdam

anyone try Tower of Saviors? Pretty obviously a rip of, but plays a ton faster than PAD. Especially with Combos (one of the things that bugs me about PAD). Been putting in quite a bit of time today, already up to lvl15

I put a lot of time into it this weekend. Level 40, halfway through to unlocking the third seal.

It's okay. There is just something about it that doesn't capture me the way PAD does. I don't think it's any one thing, just a bunch of things (art/music/orb matching) that add up.

I do like some of the different leader skills that ToS has. Especially among their Gods. They seem more powerful.

-- // --

The one thing these types of games are missing is a mechanic where they tell you WHERE you encounted the card/pet first. It's stupid how you come across an EVO material early on, then realize you need it 3 hours later but have no idea where you saw it at. So, you spend a bunch of stamina going through random dungeons trying to find it. PAD suffers from the same thing, it's just fortunate there is a user-created wiki to fix it.

suko_32

For a while I kept wondering why I wasn't getting any friend request anymore. Today I finally realized that my friend list was full so I did some pruning.

Jinko

RCV would still require you to match health orbs, without a siren you would run out of them pretty fast I would imagine.

Pretty good day for me today, got my angel and verche to 70 just need the light keepers tomorrow and can evolve them :D

One thing this game is missing is a decent healing dragon, we have toydragons but they aren't that great.

P50t6Jol.jpg

Niiiiiiice.congrats! How hard was it? How many stones? Please post a pic of Zeus too if you don't mind :p

I don't even want to say how many stones it took, it's embarrassing. The only reason I even decided to try is because some crazy guy on my friends list has a Lv. 86 AWOKEN Zeus (yes, he killed Zeus and already evolved him, then got him up to Lv. 80 somehow), so I figured it was worth a shot. Even with that, it was completely ridiculous. I'd be surprised of a 0-stone strategy even exists for this boss.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I don't even want to say how many stones it took, it's embarrassing. The only reason I even decided to try is because some crazy guy on my friends list has a Lv. 86 AWOKEN Zeus (yes, he killed Zeus and already evolved him, then got him up to Lv. 80 somehow), so I figured it was worth a shot. Even with that, it was completely ridiculous. I'd be surprised of a 0-stone strategy even exists for this boss.

Haha ouch :p post a pic of him plz :D I'm curious :p how much better in terms of skill is the awoken?

Haha ouch :p post a pic of him plz :D I'm curious :p how much better in terms of skill is the awoken?

The unevolved one actually kind of sucks. His leader skill / active skill are identical to that of his evolved form, but his max stats are just kinda weak until you evolve him.

Here's his monster card.

R5nmsL4l.jpg

The team I used could just as well have been anything because I was still getting one-shotted pretty much every time I got attacked. That being said, I had a lightning holy dragon leader as my leader, and Lv. 85 Awoken Zeus as my helpers leader. There is NO WAY in hell I would have been able to do it without the helper, because my attacks were basically not even denting him. I was lucky to even break his armor most times.

If I had to do it again, I would not even consider going in without a Sea Deity Neptune because his defense is so high that you NEED that extra damage from Poison. Oh, and an Echidna and/or an Orochi if you want to go easy on your pocketbook

Smiley90

The unevolved one actually kind of sucks. His leader skill / active skill are identical to that of his evolved form, but his max stats are just kinda weak until you evolve him.

Here's his monster card.

R5nmsL4l.jpg

The team I used could just as well have been anything because I was still getting one-shotted pretty much every time I got attacked. That being said, I had a lightning holy dragon leader as my leader, and Lv. 85 Awoken Zeus as my helpers leader. There is NO WAY in hell I would have been able to do it without the helper, because my attacks were basically not even denting him. I was lucky to even break his armor most times.

If I had to do it again, I would not even consider going in without a Sea Deity Neptune because his defense is so high that you NEED that extra damage from Poison. Oh, and an Echidna if you want to go easy on your pocketbook

Holy shit those abilities are awesome.his leader is like the offensive version of Odin and his active is a better version of Hades...jealous :x

I feel kind of stuck with this game. I have an OK red squad which has carried me thus far, but no solid studs in the other colors. I am up to Sea Cave Mercury but can't beat the first dungeon with my red team and realize I need to switch to green.

Am I just supposed to grind out past dungeons to get a decent green team going for Sea Cave? I feel like that will take forever. I have a level 8 Green Dragon and a level 14 Brachys, and that's it. Should I plow XP into those while hunting for other green monsters (especially orb changers)?

I don't want to put more money into this...

http://imgur.com/P50t6Jol.jpg[IMG] ZEUS!![/QUOTE]

Hats off to you, man! Crazy you had a friend who had an awakened Zeus already.

Well after a disappointing weekend getting handed this a couple of times following many fruitless mech dungeon runs, and 5 lackluster rare Gacha pulls (genie, shaitan, earth golem, ice knight and naga)...

[img]http://i.imgur.com/X66t0RSl.jpg
t4wm56el.jpg

Scored the noble mech on my 4th run:
2TOzb6ul.jpg

mercviper

I feel kind of stuck with this game. I have an OK red squad which has carried me thus far, but no solid studs in the other colors. I am up to Sea Cave Mercury but can't beat the first dungeon with my red team and realize I need to switch to green.

Am I just supposed to grind out past dungeons to get a decent green team going for Sea Cave? I feel like that will take forever. I have a level 8 Green Dragon and a level 14 Brachys, and that's it. Should I plow XP into those while hunting for other green monsters (especially orb changers)?

I don't want to put more money into this...

You don't need much for the stuff before Castle of Satan. Evolve + level up your dragon & Brachys decently and they should be enough to carry you through sea cave mercury. I did it with a pure fire team but I had good synergy. Echidna, Tyranos leader, marine rider, flame knight, d'spina and probably another tyranos leader from my friend's list.

Yaari

That Zeus is sick, even more so in his evolved form. It kind of sucks knowing I cant beat him, and that a second try is like 5 weeks away :(.

3x Attack, damn. Hope I can make a Zeus friend or something atleast then, that would somewhat ease the pain, lol.

So I take it Zeus doesn't drop in Gacha ?

His Leader skill is a bit iffy if you ask me.

Iffy how? As in not good? The possibility of 9x attack, which is 50% more than double ADKs, is fairly game breaking if you ask me. Especially paired with his active skill

Jinko

Iffy how? As in not good? The possibility of 9x attack, which is 50% more than double ADKs, is fairly game breaking if you ask me.

Iffy as in you need 100% HP to get that, and without an odin/amu leader I can't see how you can maintain it.

2 Zeus's won't work on bosses that hit hard either, so his use is pretty limited.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Iffy as in you need 100% HP to get that, and without an odin/amu leader I can't see how that's possible.

2 Zeus's won't work on bosses that hit hard either, so his use is pretty limited.

Easily possible to be at full health... just match hearts in a combo. Not sure what I'm missing.

Smiley90

Iffy how? As in not good? The possibility of 9x attack, which is 50% more than double ADKs, is fairly game breaking if you ask me. Especially paired with his active skill

I don't remember, but do you heal yourself before our after your own attack? The skill becomes a lot worse if you attack before you heal yourself, as then any enemy attack will put you under full health before you get the chance to heal yourself...but I honestly don't remember what congress first, your own attack or your heal.I know enemy attack is last.

Jinko

I don't remember, but do you heal yourself before our after your own attack? The skill becomes a lot worse if you attack before you heal yourself, as then any enemy attack will put you under full health before you get the chance to heal yourself...but I honestly don't remember what congress first, your own attack or your heal.I know enemy attack is last.

You heal after :( ... (I think, lol now I can't clearly remember)

Iffy as in you need 100% HP to get that, and without an odin/amu leader I can't see how you can maintain it.

With 2 zeus's you can drop the boss to (.65)(.65) = 42.25% health right off the bat if you've charged skills. Then you hit him with a 9x attack and he'll probably just be outright dead, tbh.

You can bring one or more sirens, or perhaps an echidna with you to seal the deal in case you need a few extra turns of healing. With an echidna (or better yet Orochi) it's definitely going to be game over for any boss that crosses your path, because you will get an unadulterated 6-10 turns of 9x attacks.

xelios

I'm currently attempting Zeus and yeah, it' s definitely not pretty...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Man, I wish I could grab a Zeus. That's SICK. I'll probably buy an iTunes card during the 15% off sale Best Buy has so I can hole up some stones for good events.

I'm currently attempting Zeus and yeah, it' s definitely not pretty...

i feel you man. Hopefully you make it out with fewer stones spent than me. Warning: If your Chimeras in round 4 are on DIFFERENT timers, just exit the dungeon and try again, even if you've already spent stones. Trust me. And I hope you've got your Sea Deity Neptune and either Orochi or Echidna with you. Those 2 things combined probably would have saved me a large chunk of stones.

On that note, if you poison something and then die / continue, does the poison stick or will it be gone?

xelios

i feel you man. Hopefully you make it out with fewer stones spent than me. Warning: If your Chimeras are on the same timer, just exit the dungeon and try again, even if you've already spent stones. Trust me.

Fortunately they were on different timers, but I still died quite a bit. I'm on Zeus atm and he's at about 40% life. I don't have an awesome awoken Zeus friend so I used your Zeus (lol) and my Heaven Neptune as leaders. We will have to keep our stone expenses a secret, though it really isn't that bad considering what you get vs. the shit I get at the machine sometimes for the same amount.

Edit: Poison sticks, but damage is negligible on Zeus. Charging up your Zeus' skill and lots of combos with dark damage is the only thing noticeable.

Fortunately they were on different timers, but I still died quite a bit. I'm on Zeus atm and he's at about 40% life. I don't have an awesome awoken Zeus friend so I used your Zeus (lol) and my Heaven Neptune as leaders. We will have to keep our stone expenses a secret, though it really isn't that bad considering what you get vs. the shit I get at the machine sometimes for the same amount.

Edit: Poison sticks, but damage is negligible on Zeus. Charging up your Zeus' skill and lots of combos with dark damage is the only thing noticeable.

Actually different is what I meant. Different timers is what you DON'T want on the chimeras because then you get attacked every turn. Even if you do survive the attack, Zeus's skill won't work on the next round, so you really want as many turns at full HP as you can get in order to keep your $$$ spent down.

Anyway, poison will make a huge different on Zeus. his armor is really high, I found a lot of times I was just doing 1 damage if I wasn't at full HP, which meant that unless I had just used a stone, oops 1 damage. If it sticks, that's a free 4k+ damage / round. He's got about 800k HP by my estimate, So I think poison alone could account for 20% of his HP depending on how many turns it takes you to kill him. It might not look like a lot of damage, but it adds up quite significantly over time.

Furthermore, the 35% HP cut is only of his CURRENT hp, not his max hp, so it gets weaker each time you use it. And you'll almost certainly need to use it more than once.

Edit: And yea, you can spend some money at the machine and get duplicates of the same shit you already have with a CHANCE at something good, or you can just spend a shitload of stones on basically a guaranteed drop of one of the best monsters in the game. /shrug. I feel kind of dirty with how many stones it cost, but at the same time I blame myself for not being prepared and not having an Echidna / Orochi / Neptune in my party, which would have saved me a ton. Oops, lesson learned.

At least Hera should crumble with a double Zeus team, so I feel perpared going back into Hera next time around. Especially if I can snag a Light Mechdragon and rank up enough to fit both him AND Zeus into my party. Might cost a few stones, but probably not more than a few. Might even be able to 1-shot Neptune with 2x Zeus and not have to rely on poison.

xelios

Actually different is what I meant. Different timers is what you DON'T want on the chimeras because then you get attacked every turn. lol

Anyway, poison will make a huge different on Zeus. his armor is really high, I found a lot of times I was just doing 1 damage if I wasn't at full HP, which meant that unless I had just used a stone, oops 1 damage. If it sticks, that's a free 4k+ damage / round. He's got about 800k HP by my estimate, So I think poison alone could account for 20% of his HP depending on how many turns it takes you to kill him. It might not look like a lot of damage, but it adds up quite significantly over time.

Furthermore, the 35% HP cut is only of his CURRENT hp, not his max hp, so it gets weaker each time you use it. And you'll almost certainly need to use it more than once.

Yeah I was getting attacked every turn -_- but I was dying every 2 turns, and it didn't take too long to kill one of them. Also aware of the 35% being from current HP, which makes me wonder how many more stones I'm gonna have to spend.

Yaari

I'd be willing to throw stones at him, the Rare pull is such a gamble that it is very likely you end up with worse. Atleast here you are guaranteed something awesome.

I just lack the damage output unfortunately.

Is this currently the most difficult dungeon then?

I'd be willing to throw stones at him, the Rare pull is such a gamble that it is very likely you end up with worse. Atleast here you are guaranteed something awesome.

I just lack the damage output unfortunately.

Is this currently the most difficult dungeon then?

I would say probably so. A lot of people on the PAD Facebook group were able to kill Hera with 0 stones used, but the lowest stone count I've seen on the FB Group was 14, lol, even from those same guys who killed Hera with 0

xelios

Alright, just gonna be entirely honest here about my team and how many stones I spent in case anyone decides they're gonna blow money. 42 stones (I had 70 after my first gold dragon run yesterday, then spent quite a few zerging the next two hours of gold dragons, then my second Neptune pull left me at 51). Yes, that's right, almost 9 pulls worth. But I'll take one of the best gods in the game for that, not that I don't feel somewhat retarded regardless.

Anyway here was my team:

Heaven Neptune (Leader)
Chaos Dragon Knight
Chaos Dragon Knight
Chaos Devil Dragon
Echidna the Red Empress
Zeus (Leader, thanks CPP)

photo4164uwv.png

Yaari

Grats! And yeah. Even with God event on, is there anything better you can possibly get, because I dont think there is. Very nice.

This whole charade has made me realize the power of Rainbow Keepers. So come tomorrow I will be farming the shit out of Keeper of Rainbow. With light ripper and poison hopefully it will go faster than it did before. I need 3. Two to throw in my party and use as members, and 1 to evolve Zeus.

xelios

Grats! I sent you an in-game mail btw

Nice man, thanks. I wasn't even going to try until you posted your success and gave me some courage, so thanks for that and the advice and for letting me use your Zeus. :)

Now, on to the Noble Mech!

J0dy77

Wow congrats to both of you. I was excited about finally evolving my siren to final level today, this is just a completely different plain. I love the long term goals in the game and really hope I don't get burned out before having a chance.

Quick question about healers. How is the healing from "Rondo Of Healing" determined? Is that based off of the team's overall RCV? The monster that has it? Or a flat rate?

Nice man, thanks. I wasn't even going to try until you posted your success and gave me some courage, so thanks for that and the advice and for letting me use your Zeus. :)

lol, no problem. I only tried because I saw that guy on my friends list had a Lv. 89 Awoken Zeus (and he has like +100 eggs on it already, I mean WTF). After I saw that I could kill the trash waves without too much trouble I was like oh sweet. I almost gave up at the Chimeras, I'm not sure if I'm thankful that I didn't, lol.

In case anyone wants to see what a levelled up Zeus looks like, here's the guy on my friends list who I used. ::cue eyes popping out of heads::

YfPFLagl.jpg

xelios

Dayum, nice stats. Now to farm a bunch more of them to get that Wrath of God charge time down, eh?

Smiley90

In case anyone wants to see what a levelled up Zeus looks like, here's the guy on my friends list who I used. ::cue eyes popping out of heads::

YfPFLagl.jpg

Damn, badass. On a rand note, I actually have three people with @pg in my friendlist who've sent me randlm requests. I made it a point to only have gaffers on my list, but since you're @pg and so is raios, I figured i might as well. I have gaffers, pg's and the odd people with exceptional leaders (like a random person with an amu ookhami)

ParityBit

What is everyone doing with all the dragons they get from the mech dungeons? I have a bunch of whites and greens. Do you keep them or fuse them? The skill up-s do not carry over though correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom