• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, done!

Does anyone know the names of the Egyptian Gods in the JP version? I know of Ra, but how many more are there?

Hope I can work towards being able to run the Mask dungeon later this week. I want to evolve Verche.
Ra, Horus, Bastet, Isis, Anubis. They're all pretty good except for maybe Anubis.

So whats the deal with Vampire Lords? Are they a good team to start with and if so would going straight dark be the way to do it or should I start over again?

ToxicAdam

Is a Flame Golem worth the time to evolve it into a Flame Guardian?

The problem with Golem/Mechs is that they are 'physical' type of pets and there are no leader skills that utilize that class. So, unless you are really deficient with flame-based pets, I don't think they are worth evolving early on.

But, don't throw them away.

was running out of steam w/ the game and had 10 stones burning away, decided to do a pull.

Mermaid

PAD : Redeemed. Finally get a healer of my own now. Now just need a Blue Mask to evolve...

Radav

Holy crap that Rainbow keeper dungeon is a pain in the butt. Even with 3 rippers and Odin it still takes a good chunk of time to get him down. Thankfully I finally got the dark keeper I needed and to top things off I also got the Rainbow Keeper drop. I was so worried I wouldn't get that dark keeper again today. After 7 light keepers last tues. I was ready to break my tablet. lol

Congrats on the Zues's guys! I am super jealous.

For those of you who are beating the master level tech. dungeon for these mech dragon dungeons what are you using as a team to beat it?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
First clear of Rainbow for the day....

Light and Rainbow Keeper. That gives me two Rainbow! I can finally start putting together a Hera team for next time she comes around! Other options exist of course, but 2x Rainbow Keepers is a somewhat viable setup!

So whats the deal with Vampire Lords? Are they a good team to start with and if so would going straight dark be the way to do it or should I start over again?

Dark is a very good and easy to build starting team. Vamp Lords ability is also really nice. His 2x dark damage is great, too. Since no monsters resist dark, high damage output with a good resist makes for reasonably easy work early/mid game.

Yaari

I've had 4 Rainbow Keeper runs total, and always Light aswell. I was starting to question if the Dark even existed. I hope I can get it today. I still need to collect a Green one aswell.

How exactly do your relog your Leader for others to use again? Just close down the App and start again? Or do I need to switch the leader?

ToxicAdam

For those of you who are beating the master level tech. dungeon for these mech dragon dungeons what are you using as a team to beat it?

For the Light Tech Dungeon, I did:

Holy Dragon leader (-50% light dmg)

Green Odin
Dark Mech
Siren (max skill)
Chaos Devil Dragon

Helper: Water/Light Neptune (Xelios) (-50% light dmg)

Total HPs: 8900
Total RCV: 1350
Neptune's poison was very nice to quicken the boss fights. Siren had to bail me out a couple times with orb changes.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What teams are you guys using for the rainbow keeper runs ?

Odin Lead, Healer Sub (any evolved healer will work given the turn counters).
4x Ripper dragons

Odin eats the damage, Healer keeps me capped, ripper dragons for fast matches and high burst. I don't bother with combos on rounds 4 or 5. Just match as fast as possible to get their abilities up.

After no luck yesterday on the Light Mech dragon, Ran BLUE keeper (for my Siren EVO materials) and the Rainbow KEEPER.

I needed a BLue, Light and Black keepers. I ran the BLUE keeper and got the Light and Blue keepers, ran Rainbow and got the Black and another Rainbow keeper.

So maybe my luck has changed a bit...

J0dy77

was running out of steam w/ the game and had 10 stones burning away, decided to do a pull.

Mermaid

PAD : Redeemed. Finally get a healer of my own now. Now just need a Blue Mask to evolve...

Run a TON of Ice Maze, Diva in the Ice Prison or Silver Labyrinth. I kept feeding all of the pengdras at tier 1 maxed to the mermaid/siren and got one Dive mask during the process though I encountered 5 or 6 during my time. I got to evolve her to final form yesterday, big achievement for me.

Uthred

The problem with Golem/Mechs is that they are 'physical' type of pets and there are no leader skills that utilize that class. So, unless you are really deficient with flame-based pets, I don't think they are worth evolving early on.

But, don't throw them away.

Hmm I dont think thats right I'm fairly sure theres a leader skill that doubles physical pets damage, maybe Cu Chulainn? Almost positive I saw one

ToxicAdam

I know there is probably one (I think Cu is for Technique, BTW), but it's not as easily accessible like ADK or others like that.

edit: Looks like Beserker has 2x attack for physical

Beserker

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Hmm I dont think thats right I'm fairly sure theres a leader skill that doubles physical pets damage, maybe Cu Chulainn? Almost positive I saw one

Technique. Not sure if I've seen one for Physical or not. Fenrir Knight is also Technique.

Dino Riders are all 2x for Attacker types.

J0dy77

I need purple keepers pretty bad, going to run rainbow in 15 minutes. Need to know if I can make it through with this team:

W12XAVil.jpg

Have a bunch of healers on my list and hopefully Xel will have his Ammy up to make it even easier. ;)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I need purple keepers pretty bad, going to run rainbow in 15 minutes. Need to know if I can make it through with this team:

Have a bunch of healers on my list and hopefully Xel will have his Ammy up to make it even easier. ;)

You SHOULD make it through, but it's going to take you FOREVER to clear it.

ToxicAdam

You might be okay. Be prepared for a loooong slog though.

Also, the knights in that level hit for about 2300 every 2 turns. If you run up against 3-4 on the same timer, it could mean a wipe. (I can't remember if 4 can appear)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Also, the knights in that level hit for about 2300 every 2 turns. If you run up against 3-4 on the same timer, it could mean a wipe. (I can't remember if 4 can appear)

I forgot about this.

You really need some higher burst to survive those rounds. If you can make it to round 4, you'll be fine...But there's a GOOD chance you'll get a round of 4 knights with similar timers.

I have 2 rainbows and I'm never going in that dungeon again, ever. Ever. EVER.

I honestly don't even mind it now. Guaranteed light/dark and a chance of rainbow, and the stamina cost isn't even that bad. Unfortunately I need 4 rainbows total. Got 1 this morning, so 3 to go. Probably won't get all 4 till next week though

Levelup let me double up on Blue Keepers, so now I have a Sea Deity Neptune for y'all wanting to do 4k unreduced damage per turn to Rainbow Keeper.

Got tired of running the mech dragons over and over with no drops. Switched to pengdra farming. Hour later, 2 whole new pengdras. -_-

Anyway, random pull got me a Lil Green Dragon, so between that my Dragonette and Brachys I have a decent green team started. Just need to finish leveling my dragon knight so I can evolve im, then get my Mandrake/Alarune finished.

Getting sort of burned out though I think. Progress is frustrating when drops just don't happen, and when the orbs seem out to get you. I had to clear two waves while farming green pengdras with the damn secondary color on my ogres. Having no orb switcher in my red team sucks.

octagon69

Banned
Thanks Sibrne for lending me your healer.

Can't beat crap without that pixie or whatever she is. Thanks

Could use a few more healers guys.

I'm bigA@gaf

My leader is an fire enchinda

J0dy77

Still going at this. I had to put the phone down for an hour or so but these last 2 fights have been endless. No real threat of dying though.

Of course I got the yellow keeper instead of the purple. This evil, evil game.

ToxicAdam

Still going at this. I had to put the phone down for an hour or so but these last 2 fights have been endless. No real threat of dying though.

Of course I got the yellow keeper instead of the purple. This evil, evil game.

Yea, it's been my experience (and a few others) that the Light Keeper seems to show up more. 4:1 ratio for me.

I'm not really dying for Dark Keepers, so it hasn't been an issue yet. But I am dreading having to evolve my Dark Mech (who requires 2 of them).

raiot

Yea, it's been my experience (and a few others) that the Light Keeper seems to show up more. 4:1 ratio for me.

I'm not really dying for Dark Keepers, so it hasn't been an issue yet. But I am dreading having to evolve my Dark Mech (who requires 2 of them).

Oh have fun, I got 7 White before the first Dark Keeper showed up!

Dawg

So is there a date on the big update?

Also, my brother seems to think not a lot of people play this game. He says he keeps finding the same people over and over as helpers.

I put together a spreadsheet so I could more easily see what I should be working on. I have a sneaking feeling that I am in for a bit of a grind. Here's the list first of all:

Flame Guardian 30/70
*Firedragon Tyrannos 1x/99 (I just evolved him and gave him a little bit of food; the level is in the low teens)
Titan 13/25

Neptune 37/50
Berserk 30/50
Siren 16/70
Ice Guardian 11/70
Mystic Ice Knight 5/25
Ice Ogre 15/50 (I could power fuse him to blazing/wood ice ogre at any time, right? any preference?)

*WMW Asgard 30/99
Highlander 32/50
Dragon Knight 48/70
Mandrake 34/70
Earth Dragon 10/70

*Angel 54/70
Holy Dragon 11/70
Pterados 15/35
Mystic Light Knight 16/25

*Moondragon D'Spinas 17/99
Pierdrawn 11/35
Vampire Lord 8/70
*Lilith 70/70 (just need a divine onyx mask, hopefully tomorrow - what level dungeon do I have to hunt?)

The ones with * are my current team, but I have to think that they are not very viable for higher level dungeons. I am thinking of getting the Dragon Knight to ADK but that is over 375k experience I need. The ripper dragons are both over 600k from their final forms.

I'll probably run the green keeper one more time today so I can have keepers for DK and Earth Dragon, but maybe I should plan ahead and get one for Mandrake as well. I'm also going to need Mythlits which I have not tried farming yet.

Do I have a better team I should be using? Should I be able to hit the rainbow keepers?

Thanks!

thespot84

So is there a date on the big update?

Also, my brother seems to think not a lot of people play this game. He says he keeps finding the same people over and over as helpers.

anecdotaly I think you'll find the same rotation of people at a particular level. early on I experienced the same thing, but now that I'm farther along (rank 28...) I find a much more diverse crowd

I saw the puzzle and dragon is 92 on the top grossing ranks in the IOS App Store. I guess it is gaining traction.

I'll know lot of people play it when my wife tells me "you should play this game".

Jinko

Bleh all I wanted was 2 keepers of light, game decided it would rather give me 6 keepers of dark.

If I didn't know better I would start to think this game was fucking with me.

So.. I am stealing my wife's phone this evening and will be starting an account on there. Hopefully can get a Viper Orochi or something sometime in the future. Then I can just text her and have her refresh for me throughout the day.

She doesn't know this plan yet. I hope it goes over well.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom