• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Rainbow keeper goes faster than ever for me now with a Green Odin leader, 3 rippers and Zeus.

Finally got to start the game today.
Ended up with Valkyrie, was getting tired of rerolling (really wanted Amaterasu, spent like 2/3 days on it, but still couldn't get any God roll)

Anyway, can someone give me a hand on what I should do now?
I read the OP, and sorta how the leveling/team system work.

But, which monster should I level up first? (Valkyrie, or my starting dragon[leader])?

Also, I don't exactly know what to feed them, every carbuncle/goblin I have? Does their element matter? (i.e. Feed Yellow Carbuncle to Valkyrie, Red to my dragon?)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Started Rainbow Keeper, realized I was doing pretty much 0 damage to the Keeper, quit. Not putting up with a 2h grind just yet lol.

Hmmm, I am about to go on lunch right when the metal dragons show up again. I don't need any but if I get lucky and pull a king that would be good xp. I would like to run the green keeper at least once more, if not twice though. Decisions, decisions...

ToxicAdam

Finally got to start the game today.
Ended up with Valkyrie, was getting tired of rerolling (really wanted Amaterasu, spent like 2/3 days on it, but still couldn't get any God roll)

Anyway, can someone give me a hand on what I should do now?
I read the OP, and sorta how the leveling/team system work.

But, which monster should I level up first? (Valkyrie, or my starting dragon[leader])?

Also, I don't exactly know what to feed them, every carbuncle/goblin I have? Does their element matter? (i.e. Feed Yellow Carbuncle to Valkyrie, Red to my dragon?)

You want to try to feed the same colors to each other.

Also, don't be afraid to combine some of your food together. For instance:

Say you have a Yellow Carbuncle, Red Ogre, Green Warrior ... but you want to level up your Red Dragon ...

Have the Red Ogre eat your Yellow Carbuncle and Green Warrior. THEN feed that Red Ogre to your Red Dragon.

You will save money and get about the same exp.

Make sense?

Who you want to level up is up to you. I will say that you will see faster/better results from leveling up your dragons.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You want to try to feed the same colors to each other.

Make sense?

Who you want to level up is up to you. I will say that you will see faster/better results from leveling up your dragons.

More important than this would be to focus on one monster for a while. Don't worry about leveling all of your monsters at the same time. By doing that, you spread your resources thin. Pick a monster you want to level and evolve and push them.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I just got a Neptune on a random rare pull just now. I am happy.

This is the guy I want most right now. Your luck inspired me to spend 5 gems on a roll.

Let's see what I get...

Fuck.

Fenrir Knigiht. That makes FOUR OF THEM.

lvl 64 light dragon.....getting closer to evolving Xo

Got it!! Darn light dragon made me use so many material to evolve.

I am actually in the same boat, LVL 62 Light Dragon, all evo materials obtained...

I mean it is possible to do it with Odin's and a healer (but slow), or with a high RCV Ammy. It is just so much faster with another Ripper.

I am actually in the same boat, LVL 62 Light Dragon, all evo materials obtained...

I mean it is possible to do it with Odin's and a healer (but slow), or with a high RCV Ammy. It is just so much faster with another Ripper.

You're damn right it's slow. Siren / Odin with junk in the middle. It's gonna take forever to bring down this rainbow keeper. If I don't report back, it's because this damn thing didn't drop. -_-

J0dy77

So I tortured myself again and ran the Expert Keepers. Got the purple guy to pop but wasn't paying attention and he wiped me, wasted a stone and wiped again. Quit after that since I was only about 60% of the way with the rainbow still to go. Need an Ammy if I want to get through this properly. That grind is torturous with my current lineup, don't have enough damage.

ParityBit

So I tortured myself again and ran the Expert Keepers. Got the purple guy to pop but wasn't paying attention and he wiped me, wasted a stone and wiped again. Quit after that since I was only about 60% of the way with the rainbow still to go. Need an Ammy if I want to get through this properly. That grind is torturous with my current lineup, don't have enough damage.

My ammy is up. I f you would like I can relog as needed for a while

I relogged withy Lightning Holtmy Dragon as leader if anyone needs it

Thanks! Yours in one of my standbys. Along with a poison Neptune. But I cant do the levels without those two. :(

mercviper

I want to level and evolve my Aurora dragon but right now that would require me to use my two king gold dragons. Do I do it?? :x

mercviper

sure, it's pretty easy to get 600k on the weekend dungeons anyways

oh, I didn't plan to sell the dragons. It's only a tough choice for me because I have an Amaterasu I want to level as well and the King golds would help on that immensely. Don't have the evolve mats for her though so I put her lower on the priority list.

More important than this would be to focus on one monster for a while. Don't worry about leveling all of your monsters at the same time. By doing that, you spread your resources thin. Pick a monster you want to level and evolve and push them.

Scored rainbow keeper. Took about an hour to bring him down. Just glad it dropped for me. Used your Odin to assist me, Nicoga. Hopefully can score one more before day's end.

Q5d8X0Lt.jpg

Scored a light keeper that I needed for my lil White, too!

OaQkmiMt.jpg

So.. I am stealing my wife's phone this evening and will be starting an account on there. Hopefully can get a Viper Orochi or something sometime in the future. Then I can just text her and have her refresh for me throughout the day.

She doesn't know this plan yet. I hope it goes over well.

:)

hahaha I did this very same thing with my wife's ipad. Rolled an Orochi on hers, then a 5* Enchilada.

mercviper

Make sense?

You can actually get more XP from it in some cases.

e.g. To expand upon something mentioned earlier in the thread with Chimeras, a level 2 Chimera will grant 1200 XP to a like element. That's 600 XP per level. With the low xp requirements in the first ~8 levels, you can feed a lvl 2 Chimera with another lvl 2 Chimera to push the first one to lvl 7. That's one 7x600=4200 XP monster out of a starting (2+2)x600=2400 XP in monsters. It'll save you money AND box space by doing this.

Edit: Obviously, the lower level you find the monster at, the better benefit you'll get out of this, and there's diminishing returns. That's the reasoning behind leveling your lvl 3 3* carbuncles etc up to about lvl 10 to feed them to another monster. Later you find stuff dropping at lvl 5+, and I find it's not worth so much to feed them 3 levels to save money and not get a gain in xp given that weekend dungeons provide so much cash.

Nista

Well I got to stage 4 in rainbow keeper, and then the strong dark keeper one shot me. Even with 50% reduce dark damage from my ripper dragon. Guess I need to use Odin for that instead. :/

Yaari

I'll be able to run Rainbow Keeper once more today, and hopefully he'll give me what I want. So far 5 runs and no luck.

I also had to set up some way to finish Wednesday Dungeon without a advanced team, I've not gotten to that yet unfortunately. But no stamina for such thing now.

Guess Verche evolution will have to be delayed, you really cant plan things out too well with this game.

Atleast I am all set to get 2 more rippers though, I guess that'll help.

Mashing

Technique. Not sure if I've seen one for Physical or not. Fenrir Knight is also Technique.

Dino Riders are all 2x for Attacker types.

I'm pretty sure Siegfried is 2.5x for physical types. You could have a REALLY high HP team with him a bunch of physicals.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I'm pretty sure Siegfried is 2.5x for physical types. You could have a REALLY high HP team with him a bunch of physicals.

Yeah just checked my monster box and that he is, 2.5x. Berserk is just 2x. Also, heart > orb changing is awesome.

MicH

I just tried to add you with my second account. Your list is full. If you have room, sould you add me please? :) (375.435.291)
Made some room and added you. Currently have a couple of free space for friends. 307347202

Feel free to add me guys

ccbfan

Another day another no Wind Mech dragon drop.

I've probably done 50+ runs on expert now.

I'm so sick of the run I've even made a special team just for it.

4 nukers and a friend auto healer. (My leader being a gravitation earth dragon).

Brainless team. Basically I just mindlessly make one match (Combo take too long) until charged and then nuke nuke nuke.

ToxicAdam

Another day another no Wind Mech dragon drop.

I've probably done 50+ runs on expert now.

I'm so sick of the run I've even made a special team just for it.

4 nukers and a friend auto healer. (My leader being a gravitation earth dragon).

Brainless team. Basically I just mindlessly make one match (Combo take too long) until charged and then nuke nuke nuke.

You don't have a healer?

If you did, you could try a double reduction team on Tech Master. Put Gravitron as a leader and try to find a Flame Drall as a helper. I believe the Drall has an orb switcher for more heals. Then if you had a healer, you could put her in the group and use her skill. Plus the bump in RCV would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom