• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0dy77

Stumbled upon puzzledragonx.com and it's pretty awesome, wish I had paid more attention and saw it linked earlier in the thread.

Yeah, I live by this site. Google Translate only works so well on the Asian sites. The one thing that really helped was having all of the dungeons and possible drops listed. Helps you determine what you want to go for.

I may blow off the Wednesday dungeon to focus on the limited time ones throughout the day in the hopes of boosting some experience but we'll see. I may also just be willing to burn some stones on stamina to get as many runs as possible. I only need a Divine Onyx Mask to evolve Lilith, though a Divine Gold would help when I am ready to evolve Angel.

As happened last week, I have had no luck even surviving the Wed dungeon when I did run it. Are either of these teams viable?

Mandrake (leader)
1 Emelit
2 Azure Demon Mask
Lilith (or Neptune)
Green Ogre (friend)

Siren (leader, unless I can find a friend with Siren)
1 Sapphlit
2 Blue Evolve Mask
Lilith (I am thinking Neptune may be better here?)
Ogre (friend, the only thing is the only one I am seeing available is a green one)

Would using Angel as a healer work? I have one and there are a few on my friend list. I do have an Ice Ogre I can use as leader but that would mean a team with 2 or 3 colors.

EDIT: Hmm, I wonder if changing my Ice Ogre into a green/blue variety would be a good move. Thoughts?

ParityBit

Yeah, I live by this site. Google Translate only works so well on the Asian sites. The one thing that really helped was having all of the dungeons and possible drops listed. Helps you determine what you want to go for.

They are finally catching up with the dungeon listings and stuff. Is there any way to find the % chance of a drop? I am kinda upset I wasted so much time farming a 20+ min dungeon on a 2% drop.

Something weird is occuring on my friends list. It seems like my friends list turned the blue group from mostly Siren the Enchanters into Mermaids.

Normally, I would assume really low HP resolve teams for mask dungeon, but this happened yesterday during the KEEPER dungeon. It seemed like a lot of these friends previously had awesome leaders (resist dragons, ADK, or full Sirens)

Am I missing something?

also any help with Holy Lightening Dragon or other 50% light damage resisters, would be much appreciated - tomorrow I get my dragon fruit and my own 50% light resist dragon, so this is the last time I swear.

xCobalt

They are finally catching up with the dungeon listings and stuff. Is there any way to find the % chance of a drop? I am kinda upset I wasted so much time farming a 20+ min dungeon on a 2% drop.

I don't think it's 2%. People come up with their own drop rates based on what they perceive.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I don't think it's 2%. People come up with their own drop rates based on what they perceive.

Yeah, drop rates seem to be completely fabricated by users. Some folks say the drop rate on mech expert is 20%. I ran those dungeons 100 times without a drop!

ccbfan

That's too bad. I was pulling for you.

Think a max skilled Siren could have helped ya survive?

Nah.

When it went tornado crazy on me. It was five straight turns. I used my Siren on the 3rd turn. Max Siren is 5 right? So it wouldn't have done much.

It basically went.

Start state - Full health
Tornado - 5xxx health
Healed like 3000 - 8xxx health
Tornado - 4xxx health
Healed like 2000(No more heal orbs) - 6xxx health
Tornado (Starting to get really annoyed) - 2xxx health
Used Siren - Healed like 4000 - 6xxx health
Tornado (WTF!!!) - 2xxx health
Healed like 2000(One more heal orbs) - 4xxx health
Tornado (WTF!!!) - xxx health
Try to combo as many as possible and nearly got a lucky heal match from the new drops.
Regular attack
Dies

ParityBit

Yeah, drop rates seem to be completely fabricated by users. Some folks say the drop rate on mech expert is 20%. I ran those dungeons 100 times without a drop!

Well, it must be really low or I have some seriously bad luck with this game. Probably the latter! I just wish I knew where I could cut out the time wasted on certain dungeons.

i think its close. the likelihood of going 0/30 during a 2x drop event is infintesimally small if the original drop rate is anything over 5%, and seeing multiple reports of such luck? if we assume that the drop rate is constant for all users (not necessarily safe!) then its very likely that the drop rate is <5%.

i think its close. the likelihood of going 0/30 during a 2x drop event is infintesimally small if the original drop rate is anything over 5%, and seeing multiple reports of such luck? very likely that the drop rate is <5%

Even if it is 10%, and x2 moves to 20% you are still 80% likely that the RNG determining drops for that run says it will not drop.
Remember each time you enter the dungeon that RNG refreshes, it is not cumulative. I think this is why it seems like the drops are so low. It is just us getting extremely unlucky with the RNG.

If it was truly <5%, then there is no way we would hear of people getting these drops as much as we are.

Owzers

Something weird is occuring on my friends list. It seems like my friends list turned the blue group from mostly Siren the Enchanters into Mermaids.

Normally, I would assume really low HP resolve teams for mask dungeon, but this happened yesterday during the KEEPER dungeon. It seemed like a lot of these friends previously had awesome leaders (resist dragons, ADK, or full Sirens)

Am I missing something?

also any help with Holy Lightening Dragon or other 50% light damage resisters, would be much appreciated - tomorrow I get my dragon fruit and my own 50% light resist dragon, so this is the last time I swear.

hey, i have one friend slot open and have a half damage light dragon up, you can add me.

388, 439, 290

Caerith

Any build advice for starting players? I started last night and am up to the very early trial dungeons. I don't have any trouble surviving thanks to my healer leader, but it takes forever to kill anything needing wood or fire. I get pretty good damage from my angel, succubus, and (evolved once) blur dragon, but other slots are basically goblins or carbuncles. Should I just keep plowing through until I get more/better rares?

Even if it is 10%, and x2 moves to 20% you are still 80% likely that the RNG determining drops for that run says it will not drop.
Remember each time you enter the dungeon that RNG refreshes, it is not cumulative. I think this is why it seems like the drops are so low. It is just us getting extremely unlucky with the RNG.

If it was truly <5%, then there is no way we would hear of people getting these drops as much as we are.

of course there are. because the people who get it quickly are the most likely to post about it.

secondly, at 20% the odds of going 0/30 are (.8)^30 = .1%

on the other hand, getting it in < 5 runs is 1-(.8)^4 = 60%

certainly neither of these scenarios are anywhere close to the frequency of reports we see from people, so the rate is almost certainly substantially lower than 10% on 1x and 20% on 2x.

ToxicAdam

Any build advice for starting players? I started last night and am up to the very early trial dungeons. I don't have any trouble surviving thanks to my healer leader, but it takes forever to kill anything needing wood or fire. I get pretty good damage from my angel, succubus, and (evolved once) blur dragon, but other slots are basically goblins or carbuncles. Should I just keep plowing through until I get more/better rares?

Just keep clearing dungeons and hoard those stones. Be on the lookout for special dungeons where you can get easy stones (Metal Dragons levels that appear for one hour at a time as an example).

Don't waste those stones on continues or stamina refills. Try to manage your inventory so you don't need to expand too much.

Keep on the lookout for new friends that have strong leaders. Don't look at just the artwork and color of the pet, look at the leader skill and see if it can benefit your team. Gods/Max evolved Healers / damage dealers are what you should be on the lookout for. Sometimes a strong friend is the difference between stalling out in a dungeon or breezing through it. Don't be afraid to occassionally go back to a dungeon level you beat before in an effort to gain new friends that have a strong leader. Nothing worse than attempting to gain a new friend in a harder dungeon, only to get wiped because you can't benefit from his leader skill.

You have a good base for a team, so don't worry about the fact that you have some scrubs on the lineup right now, that is normal. The next 3-4 pulls you make with the stones you will accumulate will determine your luck with this game. Once you get to Castle of Satan and at about level 40ish, you can assess your team comp and determine if you want to reroll again or not.

J0dy77

DONE ZipGAF friend request sent

ADK Leader. I also have a Chaos Devil Dragon, Alraune, Ice and Wind mech, a Vampire lord, and almost that Holy Lightening Dragon...

Mind adding me as well Zip? I need a lot more ADK's on my friend list now that I finally have a healer.

Anyone else with some big damage dealers feel free to invite as well.

ID: 391,130,292 - ars2x@gaf

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Yeah, there's no way expert mech dungeon drop is a 20% chance, nor is a 2% chance; it lies somewhere in between. I've gotten drops for Ice, Fire & Wind Mechs with between 20-30 runs for the first two and ~40 runs for the last. Ice mech dropped twice. If I had to make up my own guesstimate I'd put it at 5%.

I may blow off the Wednesday dungeon to focus on the limited time ones throughout the day in the hopes of boosting some experience but we'll see. I may also just be willing to burn some stones on stamina to get as many runs as possible. I only need a Divine Onyx Mask to evolve Lilith, though a Divine Gold would help when I am ready to evolve Angel.

As happened last week, I have had no luck even surviving the Wed dungeon when I did run it. Are either of these teams viable?

Mandrake (leader)
1 Emelit
2 Azure Demon Mask
Lilith (or Neptune)
Green Ogre (friend)

Siren (leader, unless I can find a friend with Siren)
1 Sapphlit
2 Blue Evolve Mask
Lilith (I am thinking Neptune may be better here?)
Ogre (friend, the only thing is the only one I am seeing available is a green one)

Would using Angel as a healer work? I have one and there are a few on my friend list. I do have an Ice Ogre I can use as leader but that would mean a team with 2 or 3 colors.

EDIT: Hmm, I wonder if changing my Ice Ogre into a green/blue variety would be a good move. Thoughts?

I'm going to bump mine as well. Need help getting some divine masks.

Siren then Aurora Dragon.

Siren requires less EXP to get to max level, so it can be evolved quicker.

aurora Dragon next for damage reduction and 20000 damage skill (awesome for dragon teams and anti-blue teams)

:<

If you need access to a healer, the Siren. Otherwise I'd probably get Aurora Dragon evolved for the ripping ability

Siren. Unless you already have a better healer. I'm rank 80 and struggling because of the lack of a fully evolved healer.

Without a doubt Siren. Her next evolution leader skill is invaluable.

Thanks guys. Got the Mermaid yesterday, trying to boost her as quick as possible. Will dump into her. THanks!

Finally worked up the courage to do Legendary Wind Mech dungeon. I was going to wait for the 2x event, but since someone mentioned Legendary was 100% drop and reading how many times people completed Expert/Master without a drop, I figured it was worth a shot. I was actually able to beat it on my first try without using any stones, but it definitely wasn't easy. I avoided using Flare Dralls for fear of Fire binding, but I still almost died when a Chimera bound 1 of my Fortoytops leaders. I had to take full advantage of skill-building between battles when I could. Fire Mech's nuke attack really helped when I would get multiple Taurus Demons at once, and Echidna's always good for buying time to survive a difficult situation.

hzkim4j.jpg

Here's the team I used. Fortoytops and Siren basically only hit for 1 damage against the boss. And ADK only did small amounts of damage off of combos. So, 90% of my damage came from Echidna and Fire Mech. Ideally, I would replace ADK with a fully evolved Phoenix Knight, but mine is currently only a level 1 second stage evolution, so its low HP/RCV would've compromised my survival. After the boss gets to a low amount of HP, it starts doing multiple special attacks in a row. But with 3 orb-to-heart changers and Echidna, I was able to weather the storm. It eventually went back to normal attacks, and I wouldn't have survived if it kept up with its special attack onslaught.

xMUWxDE.jpg

Hmm, is it normal to die in this game?
I found myself dead a few times already(at relatively Early levels)
I"m having trouble surviving unless I pull off 5+ combos consistently, maybe my team is not set up properly.

Also, I'm too poor to fusion my monsters, and running out of monster box spaces, lol

Anyway, here's my ID, 103,822,615

thaOwner

Will these mech dungeons be returning sometime in the future if you miss them this time around ? I have been very unlucky and was thinking about packing it in and just waiting for the next round if there will be one. Thanks

Hmm, is it normal to die in this game?
I found myself dead a few times already(at relatively Early levels)
I"m having trouble surviving unless I pull off 5+ combos consistently, maybe my team is not set up properly.

Also, I'm too poor to fusion my monsters, and running out of monster box spaces, lol

Anyway, here's my ID, 324, 341, 221

Post a picture of your monster box. It could be something as simple as "switch these characters" or "Use this leader instead"

Uthred

Is the Jewel Dungeon setup meant to give better drops or is it the same as usual just that we get three colours? Because Ive been very lucky with my runs on the emerald dragon dungeon

MicH

Is the Jewel Dungeon setup meant to give better drops or is it the same as usual just that we get three colours? Because Ive been very lucky with my runs on the emerald dragon dungeon
Eh.. did two runs. 1 king 9 regular.. not too good, but I did only do two runs.

Radav

Just plain luck. They're just doing all 3 colors in one day. I wonder if they'll continue with this. I think I'd rather have more opportunities to get the small dragons for pengdra feeding but if we got gold dragons more often it might be worth the tradeoff.

Uthred

Just plain luck. They're just doing all 3 colors in one day. I wonder if they'll continue with this. I think I'd rather have more opportunities to get the small dragons for pengdra feeding but if we got gold dragons more often it might be worth the tradeoff.

If only that luck had held up, 19 PAL pull's, all junk. Seeing those blobs pop up isnt good for my blood pressure

Edit: And then 2 mystic nights (ice and dark, at least I didnt have them) from the Rare gacha, gah

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It's odd, I've been getting GREAT drops lately (past week or so) from PAL pulls. I've gotten like 3 Nagas and a couple lil' dragons.

But then, no luck at all in the Expert Mechdragons :(

Cool - thank you!

E: Also, is there a list of gacha ONLY monsters?
Yup!

edit: Actually this list doesn't say what's exclusive to the Pal or Rare gacha machines, but if you click on specific monsters, it'll tell you where it can be gotten. If it doesn't list a dungeon, then it can only be gotten through gacha or evolution.

That's a great breakdown GC. Thanks and congrats.
Thanks! :D

ParityBit

It's odd, I've been getting GREAT drops lately (past week or so) from PAL pulls. I've gotten like 3 Nagas and a couple lil' dragons.

But then, no luck at all in the Expert Mechdragons :(

I would love to get a Naga. I have no poisoners at all. I have 25 PAL pulls stored up

ParityBit

Naga evolves into Enchilada (intentionally mispelled). Who has a delay turn skill and a leader skill that does random attacks.

Everytime I read that, I think ... Mmmmm, Mexican

EDIT: I hate needing other peoples pets to do stuff! Xelios or Mich, when/if you can can, can you put up your light resists?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Everytime I read that, I think ... Mmmmm, Mexican

EDIT: I hate needing other peoples pets to do stuff! Xelios or Mich, when/if you can can, can you put up your light resists?

I know it's been said to never spend stones on expanding your friend list, but, considering the importance of helper leaders, I think it might be worth it. Like you, I hate having to wait for someone to switch their leader to do something I want to do. Would be preferable to have a wider range available to me.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I have so many dragon plants I need from tomorrow, everything else is set up. MONSTER BOX SPACE COME BACK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom