• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccbfan

You don't have a healer?

If you did, you could try a double reduction team on Tech Master. Put Gravitron as a leader and try to find a Flame Drall as a helper. I believe the Drall has an orb switcher for more heals. Then if you had a healer, you could put her in the group and use her skill. Plus the bump in RCV would help.

Is master much better chance than expert? (Well at least twice better?)

I have a ton of healers. 4 dryads, 1 5 star fire healer and 1 5 star siren.

Maybe next time someone in has a 50 percent green defense up, I'll try master.

My main concern is the boss healing, how often does it heal? If its only once then I should be OK but if it does it multiple time then I'm effed.

If not I can also load my team up with RCV characters and just let my nukers slowly take it down.

ToxicAdam

Yea, master has a much better drop rate. I was able to clear the Light Mech level by using a double damage reduction, 2 nukers, a Siren and a Dark Mech.

With double damage reduction everything is pretty easy to kill, you just have to watch out for the Devils who can freeze your Fire pets. The boss fights are going to be loooong though, especially since they can autoheal (once).

Here's what the hits would look like with x2 reduction, how many rounds they hit is in parentheses:

Ogre = 2300 (3)
Devil = 950 (1)
Small Chim = 1220 (2)
Big Chim (sub boss) = 2300 (2)
Carbuncle x 2 (sub bosses) = 1700 (2)
Boss = 1799 (2)

That's very manageable damage, even if you only have about 8-9k HPs.

Bringing Mech (or a Fire-based golem) can help because they can drop the defense on the Devils and/or the bosses to help more damage get through. It's pretty key to take out those devils as quickly as possible as they can nerf your team.

Also, don't be afraid to use your nukes in the random mob rounds. The sub boss Chimera has a (random) double bind attack. If he nabs one of your leaders, you will lose your damage reduction. Don't forget that.

Master is about 40%, which means than on 2x drop rate its about 80%

Im just going to wait for 2x then go theough master. I managed light master without much trouble, so worst case scenario i spend one stone if i die for a very high chance of drop

Edit: btw Adam i tried adding you but you're full

xCobalt

Damn, lost to the wind mech dragon on legend. It doesn't hit too hard overall but since it attacks every turn, its hard to keep your healing up. Gotta level up my Ceres and Siren more.

ccbfan

Master is about 40%, which means than on 2x drop rate its about 80%

Im just going to wait for 2x then go theough master. I managed light master without much trouble, so worst case scenario i spend one stone if i die for a very high chance of drop

Edit: btw Adam i tried adding you but you're full

Wait Master has that high of a chance? Or is it Legend? Man I've been wasting so much time if its master. Well at least I have 4 dryads :(.

Yea, master has a much better drop rate. I was able to clear the Light Mech level by using a double damage reduction, 2 nukers, a Siren and a Dark Mech.

With double damage reduction everything is pretty easy to kill, you just have to watch out for the Devils who can freeze your Fire pets. The boss fights are going to be loooong though, especially since they can autoheal (once).

Here's what the hits would look like with x2 reduction, how many rounds they hit is in parentheses:

That's very manageable damage, even if you only have about 8-9k HPs.

Bringing Mech (or a Fire-based golem) can help because they can drop the defense on the Devils and/or the bosses to help more damage get through. It's pretty key to take out those devils as quickly as possible as they can nerf your team.

Also, don't be afraid to use your nukes in the random mob rounds. The sub boss Chimera has a (random) double bind attack. If he nabs one of your leaders, you will lose your damage reduction. Don't forget that.

Hmm, so to play it safe, use a non fire leader/helper (They only bind fires right?)

My planned party is

Gravitation Earth Dragon (Leader)
Chaos Devil
Siren
Lightning Holy Dragon
Rainbow Keeper.

and hopefully in order of preferred Helper

1.Ceres (Extra healer)
2.Gravitation Earth Dragon (Extra nuker)
3.Toyceratops thing (extra healer)

Do not want to chance a fire helper getting bind

ccbfan

Good point about that Drall getting binded.

I think that team looks like a winner. Is you Siren max skilled yet?

No, level 3.

Is that going to be a major problem? I have a whale thing that have the same skill I can replace the holy dragon for some extra healing.

ToxicAdam

No, level 3.

Is that going to be a major problem? I have a whale thing that have the same skill I can replace the holy dragon for some extra healing.

No you should still be okay. The only time I got close to dying is when the Light Mech did a triple hit on me and I needed a quick heal. I don't think the Wind Mech has such a skill.

Yeah just checked my monster box and that he is, 2.5x. Berserk is just 2x. Also, heart > orb changing is awesome.
Yes it is. I pulled a Highlander from the rare machine, and got Berserk from the Heroes special dungeon. Thinking of making a 2x Green ATK and a 2x Blue ATK team with them. That's the one thing missing from an ADK team. There are no Dragons that I know of that can turn hearts into orbs.

From my monster box:

Gigas: hearts to red
Highlander: hearts to green
Berserk: hearts to blue
Vampire Lord: hearts to dark

I don't have a heart-to-light changer, yet. I don't know what monster that is.

for everyone with terrible luck theres someone who got it on the first try though. that being said, i think the rates are 1%, 2%, 40%, 100%, with some small margin of error
Not that it's any confirmation, but I did get the Light mech on my first Legendary completion. Good to know if it really is 100%. I've been too chicken to try Legendary Wind, still. But, I'll try calculating again if I could construct a team to survive it. Saw a vid on YT of an Asian player spending a long time whittling it down. He had 2 max skill Sirens to aid his healing, but he couldn't dole out much damage. When he got it to less than 25% health, it healed itself. His reaction was priceless. His wife in the background even asked what happened. lol

Caerith

Well, I just started playing and have a pretty weak team (my rare is Succubus), but I'll be adding plenty of gaffers as I go I think.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I swear if I go another Wednesday without getting that stupid divine blue mask someone's gonna get hurt... I've been waiting nearly 2 weeks for my max level Siren to evolve now :(

Valkyrie's the Heart > Light changer to finish off the cycle. Look at where they're placed in the monster book if you don't believe me.
Oh okay. I really want one or more of her. Saw a YT vid of someone running a triple Valkyrie triple Echidna team that kicked ass. Lots of damage, lots of healing, and constant cycle of time stops.

I got two Valks on my JP account out of the rare gacha but none of the healer girls to back her up, and my HP is like a wet paper bag so I can't attempt to farm Expert Special Dragon dungeons for them, so I'm kinda up shit creek.

Completely wrecking the early technical dungeons with a third Valkyrie as leader is great fun, though.

I got two Valks on my JP account out of the rare gacha but none of the healer girls to back her up, and my HP is like a wet paper bag so I can't attempt to farm Expert Special Dragon dungeons for them, so I'm kinda up shit creek.

Completely wrecking the early technical dungeons with a third Valkyrie as leader is great fun, though.
Yeah. That's an obvious weakness. No way to survive 1-shot kills that damage for more than your total HP, since there will always be 1 period for attack between Echidna activations. But it's a powerful general team for everything else that can't 1-shot you.

So is the Japanese god Yomo worth keeping? I've been rerolling a starter for a long fucking time now and she's the first golden egg I've gotten. :/

raiot

Yeah! Got my lil' green dragon. Thats the last one, now I have all the Rippers. Dark is CCD, light, blue and red are at 4*.
I definitly want to evolve the Green first for a shot at Green Mechdragon Master.
And then I only need to Max Skill my Siren... :(

ParityBit

for everyone with terrible luck theres someone who got it on the first try though. that being said, i think the rates are 1%, 2%, 40%, 100%, with some small margin of error

OK so you must be talking Noble Mechdragon - technical. That has a Master and Legend. I have been running Noble Mechdragon - Normal at master level. Which I guess is 2% ?

Maybe I should try the technical. But I doubt I would survive.

Yaari

Does anyone know if I can do the first Tech Noble dungeon with about 9k HP, 50% Reduction and a Amaterasu healing 2.9k per match? I'll also have a Keeper incase things turn bad.

And a ripper for when I face multiple enemies. I just need to be outhealing that 2.9k at all time, that possible with 50% reduction?

Kosh

Be advised, this could be completely wrong.

[US] Jewel Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 2/6/2013 PST

Rotation: Sapphire, Emerald, Ruby (ie., E (3rd digit 4,9): 12pm PST Sapphire, 5pm PST Emerald, 10pm Ruby.)

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 8:00 13:00 18:00
B: 9:00 14:00 19:00
C: 10:00 15:00 20:00
D: 11:00 16:00 21:00
E: 12:00 17:00 22:00

Ran expert masks for the first time. Went rather well, except for my getting 2 drops, green and blue demon masks I already have a billion of. Team was kinda simple:

Red/Green ogre leader
Red/Blue ogre
Lillith
Echidna
Angel

Borrowed Aggro's DinoRider (red/green)

First few waves weren't too bad, wave 4 I hit a snag. 3 colored divine masks, 2 of which were on the same timer. Put some combos together, and with my team able to deal damage off every color AND deal 9 damage a round max I burned one down. Second one would have killed me but for my Ogre's Resolve. Used my Angel's heal to get back up to enough HP to surive the final mask via Resolve again. That gave me plenty of time to heal up and burn them down. Final round with the Rainbow divine I popped my Lillith's poison and waltzed out. Not bad. Definitely think I can farm it regularly now. Eventually hoping to put together a dual colored team to burn them down faster.

Is there a dual colored poisoner? Can Viper be dual colored? nm, puzzledragonx says no, he can't.

Does anyone know if I can do the first Tech Noble dungeon with about 9k HP, 50% Reduction and a Amaterasu healing 2.9k per match? I'll also have a Keeper incase things turn bad.

And a ripper for when I face multiple enemies. I just need to be outhealing that 2.9k at all time, that possible with 50% reduction?
You should be able to survive, just watch out for multiple Nova Cannon activations.
So is the Japanese god Yomo worth keeping? I've been rerolling a starter for a long fucking time now and she's the first golden egg I've gotten. :/
Yomi's worth keeping.
Is there a dual colored poisoner? Can Viper be dual colored? nm, puzzledragonx says no, he can't.
Neptune has a dual color evolution.

MicH

I'm getting every mask except a red Divine Mask from the dungeon today. I need it to evolve my Echidna! Well, at least I did get a Mystic Mask and a couple of Onyx masks to evolve my Dark Dragon Knight into a Chaos Dragon Knight! He just needs 20 levels!

Radav

This game is so weird when it comes to luck with drops. Needed at least 1 more Dark Keeper yesterday so I can evolve my Lilith. I used my other one to get my CDK. I did a couple more rainbow keepers yesterday and got 2 more light keepers which I sold cause I have so many already. For those you lamenting not being able to get the wind or light mech on expert here's something I'm sure you'll enjoy. I just made a dumb mistake intending to go into the Light mech expert and took that team into the wind mech expert by accident. Wouldn't you know it but I ended up getting my 2nd wind mech to drop. lol What am I ever going to do with 2 of these? lol

I'm having trouble on the Castle of Satan dungeons. I can get to the boss perfectly fine, but once I reach the boss it's all over. I was thinking I need to create a new team for these dungeons, the only team I have that is decent is this.
FzDO5xpl.png

http://i.imgur.com/FzDO5xpl.png

What are my options right now, what type of team should I go after? I was thinking about trying for a dark team but I'm not sure where to start.

ParityBit

This game is so weird when it comes to luck with drops. Needed at least 1 more Dark Keeper yesterday so I can evolve my Lilith. I used my other one to get my CDK. I did a couple more rainbow keepers yesterday and got 2 more light keepers which I sold cause I have so many already. For those you lamenting not being able to get the wind or light mech on expert here's something I'm sure you'll enjoy. I just made a dumb mistake intending to go into the Light mech expert and took that team into the wind mech expert by accident. Wouldn't you know it but I ended up getting my 2nd wind mech to drop. lol What am I ever going to do with 2 of these? lol

Are you doing expert normal, or technical?

I am thinking I need to try the technical and waste my 40 stamina. Nothing drops in expert normal. But in order to do that I need to have the mix Neptune that can poison, and hope that lvl 27 Plesios, lvl 26 Firedragon Tyrannos, lvl 44 Devil Dragon and 20 Marine rider can do enough damage. Or am I crazy?

ToxicAdam

I am thinking I need to try the technical and waste my 40 stamina. Nothing drops in expert normal. But in order to do that I need to have the mix Neptune that can poison, and hope that lvl 27 Plesios, lvl 26 Firedragon Tyrannos, lvl 44 Devil Dragon and 20 Marine rider can do enough damage. Or am I crazy?

Yes, that is crazy. You have no healer and no damage reduction. Also, why would you bring blue pets into a green dungeon?

Radav

This is just the normal dungeon not the technical. I'm planning on doing the tech master for the light dungeon once it goes on 2x drop rate. With the tech one what I've read is that you have to be able to resist enough damage so you can then heal it back manually. So your team would need to be something like 50% resist dragon + another 50% resist and then plug in your dmg dealers with a siren so you can create heal orbs to heal up between attacks.

Radav

Does anyone have any clue about these jewel dragon dungeons? Some people suggest on another forum that an 6.25 ADK would be enough to do this. I'm a little worried it might not work though.

ParityBit

Yes, that is crazy. You have no healer and no damage reduction. Also, why would you bring blue pets into a green dungeon?

This is just the normal dungeon not the technical. I'm planning on doing the tech master for the light dungeon once it goes on 2x drop rate. With the tech one what I've read is that you have to be able to resist enough damage so you can then heal it back manually. So your team would need to be something like 50% resist dragon + another 50% list resist something like a dual element Neptune would be best or even a dual element hades. Then plug in your dmg dealers plus a siren so you can create heal orbs and you should be good to go.

Sorry, I was thinking faster than I was typing. I am doing the Noble dungeon. I have my Ammy Ohkami (lvl 35) as my leader and I have some friends that have 50% off for light dmg. (including Xelios's light/dark Neptune when he puts it up)

But sounds like there is too much specialized pets needed for the 40% drop dungeon, so I am stuck with either the 2% drop dungeon (normal - expert), or just give up.

J0dy77

Well this sucks. Mask dungeon on the same day as Jewel Dragon rotation. Decisions decisions. I'll probably spend a stone on the Sapphire dungeon, need to level my blue dragon, Siren and Fenrir.

Edit: Some days this game can be friendly, two mask runs on normal and got the 2 Crimson masks I needed to evolve titan. Now just need to hope the glow worm drop is friendly.

Kosh

Does anyone have any clue about these jewel dragon dungeons? Some people suggest on another forum that an 6.25 ADK would be enough to do this. I'm a little worried it might not work though.

They are thinking it's the jewel tower dungeon, it's not. It's just normal sapphire, ruby, and emerald dragons. Instead of one color all day, they are rotated through the three you see today.

ccbfan

Man lost on the wind mech dragon tech master last night.

The dragon spammed me with this tornado cannon move (Look like 3 straight attacks doing like 4K damage) 5 times.

Couldn't heal fast enough. I need more rcv i think.

ToxicAdam

Man lost on the wind mech dragon tech master last night.

The dragon spammed me with this tornado cannon move (Look like 3 straight attacks doing like 4K damage) 5 times.

Couldn't heal fast enough. I need more rcv i think.

That's too bad. I was pulling for you.

Think a max skilled Siren could have helped ya survive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom