• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0dy77

Is there a reliable drop table somewhere for WHERE to get certain monsters?

Not enough love going to the new Puzzle and Dragon database. It's english so you don't get the unreadable information and it's being updated frequently with all of the most important items. We should really link this on the front page with the Asian Wikis:

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/normal-dungeons.asp

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/special-dungeons.asp

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/technical-dungeons.asp

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Did you ever get your divine indigo mask? I'm 0/4 :(

After going 0/7 last week,I got it on my second try this week! FINALLY a fully evolved siren! All I have left needed from today is two non-divine masks... (the 2nd stage ones?) Needless to say they're both blue again and I'm 0/5 for them... at least I can run non-expert for them which is quick and costs less stamina so I really should be able to get them by the end of the day...

J0dy77

After going 0/7 last week,I got it on my second try this week! FINALLY a fully evolved siren! All I have left needed from today is two non-divine masks... (the 2nd stage ones?) Needless to say they're both blue again and I'm 0/5 for them... at least I can run non-expert for them which is quick and costs less stamina so I really should be able to get them by the end of the day...

For anyone trying to level a Siren I highly recommend running Ice maze. Max level pengdras will give you a ton of levels for any Siren. Plus you will see a ton of Indigo masks along the way, I only got one to drop but I had it well before the Siren hit 70. Cheaper stamina and good exp as well.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
For anyone trying to level a Siren I highly recommend running Ice maze. Max level pengdras will give you a ton of levels for any Siren. Plus you will see a ton of Indigo masks along the way, I only got one to drop but I had it well before the Siren hit 70. Cheaper stamina and good exp as well.

I had my siren levelled like 10 days ago already, and running ice maze just for the super low drop rate of indigo masks was getting annoying after a lot of runs,I tried, trust me.if your siren isn't max level Terry that's probably a good way though, yes :D

What is the better upgrade for Ice Ogre - the red/blue or the green/blue version? Is one better suited for a resolve group over the other?

massoluk

Banned
So I dumped all Blue Metal Dragon into Beast Rider and maxed him out... Fuck, why did I do that? There's no way I can get Keeper of Rainbow for next evolution and I could have dumped the metal dragons on Siren.

:\

MicH

Can't wait for dragon plants tomorrow. I burn through them like crazy! I also need to farm Pengdras... mannnn :p I've taken a break from the Noble Mech dungeon and focusing on the weekly dungeons at the moment. Will likely return to him when he gets a 2x drop event. Good experience, though. I've leveled insanely much running through the dungeons.

Also I NEVER get anything good from the Pal machine :( Carbuncles and bubblies/baddies/whatever all the time :( Give me a green and blue lil' dragon plzzz

What is the better upgrade for Ice Ogre - the red/blue or the green/blue version? Is one better suited for a resolve group over the other?
The difference between the two is pretty minuscule. Red shares a color with Shiva to help sweep rounds but you can also apply that logic to green because it doesn't share a color with Shiva.
I know it's been said to never spend stones on expanding your friend list, but, considering the importance of helper leaders, I think it might be worth it. Like you, I hate having to wait for someone to switch their leader to do something I want to do. Would be preferable to have a wider range available to me.
The asterisk next to pretty much every piece of advice about this game is that someone, somewhere, sometime will find a situation where that advice doesn't apply. The deeper you are in the game, the more often you'll find yourself in these situations.

Also I stealth edited puzzledragonsx.com into the OP a day or two ago, as I do whenever I find something useful to put in it (except for busty evolutions which I don't really have a good reason why i haven't edited it in)

So I went with a Beast Rider as my starter, I like the dual element aspect. Always up for some good dungeon buddies.

Joey@GAF

atlantos

Neo Member
Guys,

Need help... What's the best way to beat Room of Mask on Expert... Those Divine Masks are ridiculously strong... and unless I can get like 10 or more combos when I need it, I don't think I can beat them before they hit me with one hit kills :(

Also, Is Room of Mask on Expert the best way to get Demon and Divine Masks? I need a few of them to evolve my titan and vampire... And I am finding that normal dungeon is not dropping them frequently enough :(

Thirdly, what's the best way to get dragon fruit? Those thing only show up once in the Thursday dungeon and the drop rate is not good at all... I probably ran that dungeon like 10-15 times already and no drop...

On a good news side, I got green machdragon yesterday after 4 tries... I was pretty stoke when I got it until I realised they cost too much to put it in my team lol.. This game is so addictive and I am losing sleep (my favourite thing) over this stupid thing..

I am also stuck Red Guardian of Tower of Flare... Those 3 knights at the end are brutal... I probably need some fire guard as a leader and a good healer as second leader... I don't have a good fire guard in my team and I don't have a good healer yet...

That brings me to the last question... Where can I get those mermaids? Would normal dungeon drop them? I remembered seeing them as a boss..

Thanks for the input Cosmo. I was going through the initial technical dungeon earlier and got an Armor Ogre. I think I have decided to add red to both him and the Ice Ogre.

I saw another guy's take on the Expert mask dungeon back on page 130. His team looked like this:

Red/Blue Ogre (leader)
Red/Green Ogre
Lilith (or Neptune, for poison - is one better?)
Echidna (which I don't have)
Angel

He teamed this up with a Dino Rider. I am thinking of using an Angel from friends (unless I happen to see an Echidna) and finishing with a red monster (FD Tyrannos? Titan? Flame Guardian?) and something else (Dragon Knight? Holy Dragon? MD D'Spinas?). That is so opposite of what most of the recommendations have been for a resolve team that I am just not sure. Help?

Guys,

Need help... What's the best way to beat Room of Mask on Expert... Those Divine Masks are ridiculously strong... and unless I can get like 10 or more combos when I need it, I don't think I can beat them before they hit me with one hit kills :(

Also, Is Room of Mask on Expert the best way to get Demon and Divine Masks? I need a few of them to evolve my titan and vampire... And I am finding that normal dungeon is not dropping them frequently enough :(

Thirdly, what's the best way to get dragon fruit? Those thing only show up once in the Thursday dungeon and the drop rate is not good at all... I probably ran that dungeon like 10-15 times already and no drop...

On a good news side, I got green machdragon yesterday after 4 tries... I was pretty stoke when I got it until I realised they cost too much to put it in my team lol.. This game is so addictive and I am losing sleep (my favourite thing) over this stupid thing..

I am also stuck Red Guardian of Tower of Flare... Those 3 knights at the end are brutal... I probably need some fire guard as a leader and a good healer as second leader... I don't have a good fire guard in my team and I don't have a good healer yet...

That brings me to the last question... Where can I get those mermaids? Would normal dungeon drop them? I remembered seeing them as a boss..

The trick to the expert mask dungeon is a healer leader and a "resolve" leader, resolve being a skill on evolved Ogres, Orochi, and I think one other monster. That is half of it, the other half is dealing with masks on similar attack timers. the Resolve Skill only saves your life once, so multiple attacks make it worthless.

Or you can poison them through "lilith" or Neptune's abilities.

Red Guardian can be difficult, your best bet is actually going through the technical dungeons first. As the Pengdras in those dungeons offer superior EXP to anything else you can get (they also drop those ogres I mentioned before)

Mermaids... your best bet was the Ice mech dungeon but since that is closed now, your next bet is Voice of the siren in Sea Cave Mercury.

Guys,

atlantos - That www.puzzledragonx.com site may be exactly what you need. Look up the monster you want and it tells you where it drops. I'm fortunate in that I don't need many fruit right now but I will need tons of plants. I also need mthylits and divine masks but like you am having problems with the Expert dungeon. There are some alternatives but obviously your drop rate is going to be much higher in the Expert dungeon.

MicH

10 more levels and I get my Chaos Dragon Knight :D Just fed him a mix of King Ruby Dragon, High Ruby Dragon, Ruby Pengdra and Emerald King Dragon. 155k experience leveled him 10 levels (from 49 to 59). Only 10 more!

atlantos

Neo Member
The trick to the expert mask dungeon is a healer leader and a "resolve" leader, resolve being a skill on evolved Ogres, Orochi, and I think one other monster. That is half of it, the other half is dealing with masks on similar attack timers. the Resolve Skill only saves your life once, so multiple attacks make it worthless.

Or you can poison them through "lilith" or Neptune's abilities.

Red Guardian can be difficult, your best bet is actually going through the technical dungeons first. As the Pengdras in those dungeons offer superior EXP to anything else you can get (they also drop those ogres I mentioned before)

Mermaids... your best bet was the Ice mech dungeon but since that is closed now, your next bet is Voice of the siren in Sea Cave Mercury.

Yah... I got those Ogres already... I tried that and failed because there were 2 divine masks and they hit me at the same time :( I got Neptune as well... So I could possibly use poison... just that it takes 20 turns to charge up... I suppose I need to be very patient...

Now I am just going to level up my creatures again see if it makes a difference...

atlantos - That www.puzzledragonx.com site may be exactly what you need. Look up the monster you want and it tells you where it drops. I'm fortunate in that I don't need many fruit right now but I will need tons of plants. I also need mthylits and divine masks but like you am having problems with the Expert dungeon. There are some alternatives but obviously your drop rate is going to be much higher in the Expert dungeon.

Cool for the link to the site... that's quite useful.. better than global wiki at the moment.

Musan

So, I have a Lvl 66 +11 RCV Alarune right now, but I just evolved a new Siren the Enchanter. Should I just feed the Alarune to the Siren at this point?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I put Heavenly Neptune up for a while if anyone wants to use him.

I had Shiva up for a while today and only one person used him so I thought hmm, not wasting my time with that anymore I guess. So I just ran a team of Ammy - Lilith - x3 Succubi - Viper Orochi on mask runs today. Charge all 4 poisons up the first round with a much shorter charge time than Shiva--cake!

ParityBit

I had Shiva up for a while today and only one person used him so I thought hmm, not wasting my time with that anymore I guess. So I just ran a team of Ammy - Lilith - x3 Succubi - Viper Orochi on mask runs today. Charge all 4 poisons up the first round with a much shorter charge time than Shiva--cake!

Thank you!!

atlantos

Neo Member

Hi, what's your user id? Can I add you to my friend list? My ID is: 325644209

Walt@GAF

Made it through the Expert Mask dungeon, though I think I used 3 or 4 stones to do it. I took my Ice Ogre, 2 low level blues, Siren, Lilith, and added Angel as the helper. Not sure I really needed Siren though her fire->health ability did get used a couple of times. I only got two masks but one of them was purple so I was able to evolve Lilith to her final form.

colinp

Banned
Does anyone use demons as damage dealers? I find they pack quite a punch in their second evo, even at lvl 15.

The biggest downside is they only have that one evo, so I'm not sure how helpful they are in the long run.

I'm talking about this Pyro Demon and the others like him of different colors.

I'm only at about level 35 or something, so I'm not sure about their late game viability.

Was bored, and decided to see how tough Legendary Wood Mechdragon was. One-Shotted by an Ogre straight out the gate. :(

Went and did a PAL pull right after; got lil green dragon. :)

Just need lil blue!

edit: colinp, I hear there's a Hera team that employes the demons. I've been trying to skill up a couple to max level for just that purpose.

Post a picture of your monster box. It could be something as simple as "switch these characters" or "Use this leader instead"

This is my team, doing Succubu's WHisper (Pluto Valley) at the moment

ccbfan

Finally beat Master Tech Wind Mech dragon.

No drop though :(.

Took a good two hours. (Took breaks)

Now to wait for someone to put up a ceres or fortceratops and try again.

xelios

Finally beat Master Tech Wind Mech dragon.

No drop though :(.

Took a good two hours. (Took breaks)

Now to wait for someone to put up a ceres or fortceratops and try again.

I put up my Fortoytops just now, lemme know if you use it so I can go back to Heavenly Neptune for others.

atlantos

Neo Member
I am fair time away from this but I thought I ask... How does ultimate evolve works? I know you just do the power up fusion with the right materials and you will be given an option to ultimately evolve it... But do you keep the level of the base monster? Let's say you have a Sea Deity Neptune at L20, if you do ultimate evolve, does the new one keep level 20 or is it reset to level 1?

Is Oceanus Falls worth farming for marine goblins if there's no 2x drop event going on? Seems absolutely awful, ran 4 runs back to back and did not get even a single Marine Goblin.

At least it's easy as sin with my team, 1 shot everything including the boss, but feels like a complete waste of stamina.

BlueSteel

About a week ago, I spent a good part of the day trying to reroll a good starting rare. Well, I got terribly frustrated after getting nothing but 3/4 stars that I just stuck with minerva, which I know isn't that great, and just went with it with a couple of rare pulls.

I can't take a screenshot, but I'm Rank 24, just got to Fire Forest Nerva with the following ragtag set of notable monsters:

Red:
Dino Rider (13)
Minerva (6)
Naga (6)
Flame Golem (5)
Flame Knight (10)
Flame Starter Evolved (12)

Blue:
Water Starter Evolved (9)
Mystic Ice Knight (19)
Lil Blue Dragon (6)

Green:
Parvati (30)
Taur Devil (8)

White:
Venus (6)
Fairlio (15)
White Dragon (8)

Dark:
Mystic Dark Knight (14)

Just all over the place. I went with a blue/red mix for a while, but then I got parvati, which sucks because I don't have a lot of greens either.

I have 5 stones atm, and would strongly prefer getting more to get more pulls than starting all-over again.

What would be a good direction to start with?

Is Oceanus Falls worth farming for marine goblins if there's no 2x drop event going on? Seems absolutely awful, ran 4 runs back to back and did not get even a single Marine Goblin.

At least it's easy as sin with my team, 1 shot everything including the boss, but feels like a complete waste of stamina.
Seems like just bad luck. You didn't any other drops though? The thing I like about Oceanus Falls is that exp/stamina ratio is very good and all the drops are useful for something. Garbage drops can be fed to Pengdra. Marine Goblins to Sirens. Then you can get the occasional Divine Blue Mask, Ice Golem, Mermaid, or even King Metal Dragon. There's really nothing wasted.

Seems like just bad luck. You didn't any other drops though? The thing I like about Oceanus Falls is that exp/stamina ratio is very good and all the drops are useful for something. Garbage drops can be fed to Pengdra. Marine Goblins to Sirens. Then you can get the occasional Divine Blue Mask, Ice Golem, Mermaid, or even King Metal Dragon. There's really nothing wasted.

Well ive only been doing the first level because its easy and i dint feel like taking a risk on the later levels (although admittedly i havent even tried going past the first level). Is there a better drop rate on other levels, or not really?

Pacman2k

I'm having a ridiculously hard time getting a green divine mask to evolve myself a Alarune.

If I do the mask dungeon I get rolled by multiple masks hitting through my Resolve.

I'm running dungeons in Fertile Land over and over and not seeing one pop up.

Anyone have any suggestions? Is there a better option than grinding Fertile Land dungeons for days?

Paprikka

Is there anywhere that lists what bonus you get for each rank up? My current team size is too low for me to field all the monsters I want and I'm curious when it'll be high enough.

ToxicAdam

Had a real solid day today. Ran the expert mask board once and got 3 divines and the rainbow. Then did 3 runs each of every colored metal dragon dungeon. I now have 43 dragons of all different colors. Going to have to really go to town on those dragon plants tomorrow.

Also evolved my Verche and Enchilada to their final forms. Next up is evolving Odin and my light mech.

Well ive only been doing the first level because its easy and i dint feel like taking a risk on the later levels (although admittedly i havent even tried going past the first level). Is there a better drop rate on other levels, or not really?
I don't know. I usually just try to beat the entire dungeon, then go back and farm the floors that I want. In this particular dungeon, I never went back to the first floor because it doesn't have the chance for the extra drops of Mermaid or Ice Golem.

ccbfan

Nice, man. Too bad it didn't drop. Would you mind posting your team?

Just ran it again and again no drop :(

My team is

Leader-Gravitation Earth Dragon - Need for Defense and Nuking
Fire Mech Dragon - This and earth dragon nukes are my main damage offense. Good damage and HP. Cost id ridicules though.
Rainbow Double Orb Ghost thing - Main reason I'm using this is because of the 1 cost.
Siren - mainly for the recovery and the orb changing
Rainbow keeper - HP and defense

I prefer to go defensive with my helper so.

Ceres or Toyceratops

I think Toyceratops is better from my runs. Ceres take too long to charge.

If you have a max skill siren or some other orb to heal characters then you can go offensive and use a Gravitation Earth Dragon for extra nuking.

10K plus HP and when I get the chance I prep for the next battle. Try to keep everything charged no matter what. You don't know when you're gonna fight 3 devils at once or have the mid-boss chimera bind both of your leaders. (Rainbow Keeper Guard skill saved my ass there)

xelios

Decided, this time, instead of running expert 20-40 times for the light mech I would just attempt a master technical zerg with no healers and my ADK wood/dark team. Turned out to work quite wonderfully. In two runs I had to resurrect a total of three times, and got the egg on the 2nd run. Less stones than one pull for him? Sure! All that's left now is dark.

Just hit 150 team cost, woo!

photo42btlfg.png

^^^
Nice! I'm in the same boat. Just waiting for the dark now. When you don't need the leader skills of the resist Dragons, these Mechs are superior rippers. I got my Wind Mech up to level 40+ and it already has more HP than my maxed out ADK. It's awesome.

raiot

Damn! I have to evolve my Ripper, FAST! And my Mermaid does not want to skill up either... Anyone got an Idea how to beat Wind Mech Dragon Master with the following Options:

Lvl 29 Siren the Enchanter Skill lvl 1
Lvl 26 Underlord Arch Hades
Lvl 23 Vampire Lord
Lvl 32 Dark Golem MK 2
Lvl 14 Chaos Devil Dragon
Lvl 31 Chaos Dragon Knight
Lvl 11 Fog Chimera
Lvl 19 Moondragon D'Spinas
Lvl 23 Alraune
Lvl 6 Viper Orochi
All other Ripper at 4* and 25-30
Lvl 1 Fairlion