• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^
Nice! I'm in the same boat. Just waiting for the dark now. When you don't need the leader skills of the resist Dragons, these Mechs are superior rippers. I got my Wind Mech up to level 40+ and it already has more HP than my maxed out ADK. It's awesome.

I'm going to do the same, but I'm going to wait until Masters are on 2x drop rate and then if I need to spend a stone or two to clear, so be it. :D

Edit: I have all the mats to do a couple of different ultimate evolutions of Fafnir. Anyone have a suggestion about which one is best? Thinking either light or dark, but not sure which. I think Water / Dark frequently appear together, so if that's the case, maybe wood / light is the way to go?

raiot

Tried Light Mechdragon master with the follwing team and got through without a stone. I even got the Dragon drop!
This was my Team:
Leader: Lvl 26 Underlord Arch Hades
Leader: Xelios Lvl 60 Blue/Light Neptune
Lvl 29 Siren the Enchanter Skill lvl 1
Lvl 14 Chaos Devil Dragon
Lvl 31 Chaos Dragon Knight
Rainbow Keepers

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Congrats raiot! :) Going to sleep and leaving Heavenly Neptune up I guess, since it seems people are getting some use out of him.

Yaari

Gave it a try (Master Noble Tech) but failed miserably. Had Ammy for leader and LHD for the resist. Then at the Chimera boss; Got first distracted and died, then went into the final round with both leader and friend leader binded. Meeting 2 enemies on a cooldown of 1.

That even took me 40 minutes bleh. Cost me a stone aswell. I dont think I'll try again anytime soon, damage output was much too low aswell.

raiot

New Page, so in case my question is not forgotten:

I want to beat Green MechDragon on 2x Drop Day on Master.
My best Cards are:

Lvl 26 Underlord Arch Hades
Lvl 23 Vampire Lord
Lvl 32 Dark Golem MK 2
Lvl 11 Fog Chimera
Lvl 19 Moondragon D'Spinas
Lvl 23 Alraune
Lvl 6 Viper Orochi
All other Ripper at 4* and 25-30
Lvl 1 Fairlion
3 Rainbow Keepers

Any Chance? I MAY have a Graviton Earth Dragon at Sunday...

Kosh

‎[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 2/7/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 12:00 17:00 22:00
B: 8:00 13:00 18:00
C: 9:00 14:00 19:00
D: 10:00 15:00 20:00
E: 11:00 16:00 21:00

Jinko

My best Cards are:

Lvl 26 Underlord Arch Hades
Lvl 23 Vampire Lord
Lvl 32 Dark Golem MK 2
Lvl 11 Fog Chimera
Lvl 19 Moondragon D'Spinas
Lvl 23 Alraune
Lvl 6 Viper Orochi
All other Ripper at 4* and 25-30
Lvl 1 Fairlion
3 Rainbow Keepers

I got a Angelion you could use, its only lvl 30 though.

Bleh just tried wind master with 80% reduction couldn't even get past the first round lol, I duno how people manage this stuff without an auto healer.

Wish there was an easy way to skill up Arch Angel and Alraune, game is totally unbalanced at times.

ToxicAdam

My best Cards are:

Seems doubtful. You don't really have any strong Fire-based pets.

I'm kind of in the same situation as you. I got past Light Mech Master, but don't really have a team for the Green Mech. I've spent all week leveling up my Enchilada, Green Ripper and Phoenix Knight (5*) to help me have a chance. I have a Green odin too, but not sure if I can heal up fast enough to rely on his leader skill.

ParityBit

How does this game decide who on your friend list is available to choose? It always seems like the ones I need (X's Neptune!) is never there! Hes on my list, and I see he has that pat selected .... no mas.

The blue guardian. How exactly do you take this thing down ? Double resist ? Orochi and Enchilada ? Stones ?

What stage are you on? Stones are typically not the answer unless it is a "special" dungeon. Echidna may help with delaying his attack, but depending where you are there may be other options

ToxicAdam

When a friend logs in, he becomes available to you. Once you use him, you have to wait for him to re-log.

Sometimes there are server-side resets where all your friends become available to you regardless of when/if they relogged in. I don't know if that is a weekly/monthly thing .. but I have seen it a few times.

Jinko

How does this game decide who on your friend list is available to choose? It always seems like the ones I need (X's Neptune!) is never there! Hes on my list, and I see he has that pat selected .... no mas.

Rule of thumb is if you need it you can't have it :p

thaOwner

What stage are you on? Stones are typically not the answer unless it is a "special" dungeon. Echidna may help with delaying his attack, but depending where you are there may be other options
Polar night tower final boss. He has ko'd me every single time even with 50 resit aurora dragon.

ccbfan

Man no Ceres or Fortceratops.

Waiting game continues.

At least its thursday and I can do thursday dungeon while keeping 40 stamina.

ParityBit

Rule of thumb is if you need it you can't have it :p

JP PAD just hit 8 million downloads (7mil was like, two weeks ago), so they're doing another set of events and of course Godfest.

Well ... I hope these do not combine! I bet every one else gets a God fest except for my user ID. Hahahaha. Oh how that would suck.

When a friend logs in, he becomes available to you. Once you use him, you have to wait for him to re-log.

Sometimes there are server-side resets where all your friends become available to you regardless of when/if they relogged in. I don't know if that is a weekly/monthly thing .. but I have seen it a few times.

Well it says he logged in 4 hours ago, so you figure I would have seen his guy once this morning! I think this game hates me. But I loves it and I refuse to believe it feels that way about me!

Polar night tower final boss. He has ko'd me every single time even with 50 resit aurora dragon.

I ran through it with a dual ADK team, with a rainbow keeper for 3000 additional HP. how much damage can you do before he gets off his attack?

what else are you running on your team? How much HP do you typically have on your team?

I had to use Green Odin + Aurora Dragon to get past him.

This is a great strat as well, as long as the heal orbs keep dropping, alternatively Green odin + healer is good as well

thaOwner

I ran through it with a dual ADK team, with a rainbow keeper for 3000 additional HP. how much damage can you do before he gets off his attack?

what else are you running on your team? How much HP do you typically have on your team?

I have :

Aurora lvl 22
ADK 53
Earth Drag 62
Rainbow keeper
Chaos Devil 35
Alraune helper

I have no problems getting up to him but he wipes me out after his first attack. Not sure how much damage it does but my hp is a little over 9000.

harrytang

lot of factors involved. number one is last time they played. i believe this starts your timer over for how long you can use them. next is their level relative to yours. my buddy is rank and im now only rank 50. when he is available i only have 1 hour to use him. once you use him and get the 10 pal points i think you can only see him again by turning off and turning back on. the timer is still going at this point, but you can use them. sometimes i can use an active player all day, sometimes they disappear. check your friend list and check time and play categories to see more.

MicH

Finally! I've worked on this guy since he was a tiny little Mystic Knight.. and know he has finally become a big and strong Chaos Dragon Knight!!

6JXynZ3l.png

Man is he awesome!

Also I've been wondering whether I can defeat the Noble Dragon on Master. I was thinking of a team like this:

Leader: Lightning Holy Dragon
Friend leder: High-leveled Amaterasu
Chaos Devil Dragon
Chaos Dragon Knight
Light Golem Mk III (lowers enemy defense)
Vampire Lord

That's two orb changers (heal to dark, light to dark). Would I be able to pull it off?

Also I've been wondering whether I can defeat the Noble Dragon on Master. I was thinking of a team like this:

Friend leder: High-leveled Amaterasu
Chaos Devil Dragon
Chaos Dragon Knight
Light Golem Mk III (lowers enemy defense)
Vampire Lord

That's two orb changers (heal to dark, light to dark). Would I be able to pull it off?

Noble Mechdragon has an attack (noble claws) that attacks three( or four, can't remember) times in a row for about 3300 damage at dual resistors (75% off damage). Unless my math is wrong that would be about 6600 damage with only 1 resist dragon.

He attacks every single turn, and in my run I had a stretch where he did that noble claws 5 turns in a row.

another issue is the Demons on the way to the mechdragon, they have a skill that locks down dark characters for 2-3 turns, and it can stack if multiple demons spawn.

My team was:
Leader: Holy Lightening Dragon (lvl 1)
Helper Leader: Holy Lightening Dragon (Lvl 33)
Siren (+2) (4*) Lvl 62
Alraune (+13 rcv) Lvl 33
Chaos Devil Dragon Lvl 25
ADK LVL 49

I ended up having to use two stones once the heart orbs stopped dropping and I ran out of skills. I am just lucky I got the drop. I feel that I was not really ready, and a few skill ups on that siren would have made the difference

J0dy77

Tried Light Mechdragon master with the follwing team and got through without a stone. I even got the Dragon drop!
This was my Team:
Leader: Lvl 26 Underlord Arch Hades
Leader: Xelios Lvl 60 Blue/Light Neptune
Rainbow Keepers

You didn't require a healing leader on match to get this done? Was enough with the reduction and heart healing?

Jinko

You didn't require a healing leader on match to get this done? Was enough with the reduction and heart healing?

It's not possible because they hit so hard, you need that 80% reduction or you are toast.

Only other way is to beat him before he has a chance to use his special.

I'll do it when I get home from work.

Wonder how many downloads US PAD is at right now? We had 100k a few weeks ago. I've tried to get my friends hooked on PAD with mostly disappointing results but it seems to be rising in popularity in general. I've got a few stones burning a hole in my pocket with the rare gacha's name on them and could really use a Godfest...

I don't know, we may become inundated with Requests if we do something like that...

i don't see anything wrong with that. Would have rather an active community 'friending' me than people who are going to drop the game in a few weeks.

Just got to lvl9 at the last stage of the tower of flare. Absolutely murdered. All 3 sub-bosses on the same timer just isn't fair. Back to Pengdra farming!

ToxicAdam

Just got to lvl9 at the last stage of the tower of flare. Absolutely murdered. All 3 sub-bosses on the same timer just isn't fair. Back to Pengdra farming!

That's where I am stuck at currently. Only attempted it once. I'm going to go back with a Flame Drall (once i evolve it) and some other damage reductionist.

ccbfan

Can anyone with a

Ceres
Fortceratops
Whatever monster Half Green Damage and have healing or orb healing

temporarily put it up for a few minutes?

Really want to get a tech master wind mech going during lunch.

Thanks

thaOwner

I just beat him had to spend 2 stones though.

80% reduction or dual ADK team is the only way I can think of doing it without stones.
I went back and tried it again with Orochi. Shit was a breeze. Thanks guys.

Can anyone with a

Ceres
Fortceratops
Whatever monster Half Green Damage and have healing or orb healing

temporarily put it up for a few minutes?

Really want to get a tech master wind mech going during lunch.

Thanks

What's your Id ? I have a Ceres.

That's where I am stuck at currently. Only attempted it once. I'm going to go back with a Flame Drall (once i evolve it) and some other damage reductionist.

i think i had 50-80% reduction. My Volcano Dragon and friends Meteor Volcano Dragon. My Water monsters just aren't up to it yet.

55 Fenrir Knight
39 Siren
15 3rd tier lil' Water

MicH

Noble Mechdragon has an attack (noble claws) that attacks three( or four, can't remember) times in a row for about 3300 damage at dual resistors (75% off damage). Unless my math is wrong that would be about 6600 damage with only 1 resist dragon.

He attacks every single turn, and in my run I had a stretch where he did that noble claws 5 turns in a row.

another issue is the Demons on the way to the mechdragon, they have a skill that locks down dark characters for 2-3 turns, and it can stack if multiple demons spawn.

My team was:
Leader: Holy Lightening Dragon (lvl 1)
Helper Leader: Holy Lightening Dragon (Lvl 33)
Siren (+2) (4*) Lvl 62
Alraune (+13 rcv) Lvl 33
Chaos Devil Dragon Lvl 25
ADK LVL 49

I ended up having to use two stones once the heart orbs stopped dropping and I ran out of skills. I am just lucky I got the drop. I feel that I was not really ready, and a few skill ups on that siren would have made the difference
Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it. I may do what you did:

Leader: Lightning Holy Dragon/Light resist Neptune/Light resist Hades
Siren the Enchanter
Chaos Devil Dragon
Ancient Dragon Knight
Alraune or Chaos Dragon Knight? Alraune is good for extra healing in dire situations, CDK is good for dark moves + ADK will boost his attacks, but may get binded by the Demons.

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it. I may do what you did:

Leader: Lightning Holy Dragon/Light resist Neptune/Light resist Hades
Siren the Enchanter
Chaos Devil Dragon
Ancient Dragon Knight
Alraune or Chaos Dragon Knight? Alraune is good for extra healing in dire situations, CDK is good for dark moves + ADK will boost his attacks, but may get binded by the Demons.

ADK boost only works if you have him as a leader, but you may want the extra ATK from the CDK for the final boss. I used Alraune because I needed the extra 600+ RCV.

TIPS:
I would recommend the Light resist Neptune, then the Holy Lightening Dragon then the Light resist Hades. I think that Neptune and Hades they have better HP and RCV stats, abut the Light resist Neptune does not have the Dark attribute while Hades does. If he gets locked down, then you lose that damage reduction.

Hades 30% off is scaled to whatever the current HP is, so 20,000 from the ripper is always 20,000 but that Gravity move will do more damage the earlier in the battle it is used.

EDIT:
I did have to use two stones because eventually the heart orbs just ran out. However, I had high enough RCV so that could recover from everything except the triple attack in one turn with only three orbs. They just stopped dropping, and that silly noble claws five turns in a row really hurt.

MicH

ADK boost only works if you have him as a leader, but you may want the extra ATK from the CDK for the final boss. I used Alraune because I needed the extra 600+ RCV.

TIPS:
I would recommend the Light resist Neptune, then the Holy Lightening Dragon then the Light resist Hades. I think that Neptune and Hades they have better HP and RCV stats, abut the Light resist Neptune does not have the Dark attribute while Hades does. If he gets locked down, then you lose that damage reduction.

Hades 30% off is scaled to whatever the current HP is, so 20,000 is always 20,000 but that Gravity move will do more damage the earlier in the battle it is used.
Oh god you're right about ADK I'm an idiot lol :D Don't know what I was thinking. Neptune is definitely the best opportunity.

I think I'll give it a try once my stamina is back up (well, now since I'm 600 exp from level up :D

EDIT: Actually I'm gonna do this:
Leader x2. Light resist
Chaos Devil Dragon
Siren the Enchanter
Light Golem Mk III (for defense lowering)
Chaos Devil Dragon

Hopefully it'll work

TimeKillr

i don't see anything wrong with that. Would have rather an active community 'friending' me than people who are going to drop the game in a few weeks.

Weird, I did it this morning. I also had dual healers (my Siren and a friend's evolved Siren) with a Holy Dragon, a Lilith, an Earth Dragon and a Tyrannos.

Seriously had no problems. The last boss seemed bugged to all hell though - it's like an evolved salamander who got hit for 1 damage every turn, then I made a 6-match of Light and I one-shot him? I'm so confused.

ToxicAdam

Weird, I did it this morning. I also had dual healers (my Siren and a friend's evolved Siren) with a Holy Dragon, a Lilith, an Earth Dragon and a Tyrannos.

Seriously had no problems. The last boss seemed bugged to all hell though - it's like an evolved salamander who got hit for 1 damage every turn, then I made a 6-match of Light and I one-shot him? I'm so confused.

It has something like 60,000 Defense (which is why you weren't hitting him). I don't know how you overcame it.

It only has 140 HPs. Do you think you hit it 140 seperate times?

Oh god you're right about ADK I'm an idiot lol :D Don't know what I was thinking. Neptune is definitely the best opportunity.

I think I'll give it a try once my stamina is back up (well, now since I'm 600 exp from level up :D

EDIT: Actually I'm gonna do this:
Leader x2. Light resist
Chaos Devil Dragon
Siren the Enchanter
Light Golem Mk III (for defense lowering)
Chaos Devil Dragon

Hopefully it'll work

Surprisingly enough, defense on the Light mech was not that bad, but the defense on the Light Demons is insane. You may want to use the light mech skill if more than 1 of those spawn at once.

TimeKillr

It has something like 60,000 Defense (which is why you weren't hitting him). I don't know how you overcame it.

It only has 140 HPs. Do you think you hit it 140 seperate times?

Ah, no. LOL I figured out how I beat him.

Whenever I have my Lilith in a team, I *always* use her Poison on the last boss.

First turn: Poison, then do a match.

Before my second turn: Boss dead! :)

God I love poison :)

Level 9 wasn't hard either, just took FOREVER. I think I got lucky and all 3 of the bosses were on different timers, so it was just a matter of whittling them down.

J0dy77

Just use a resolve team for that one, that's how I got through it. I have an Viper Orochi up on my iPad account if you want or a Gigas I can put up on the iPhone. With an auto healer it's really easy since you can get back to full before he hits again.

I figured CPP could appreciate this sadistic event. 2 Metal runs with nothing to show for it:

cMHWS8Fl.jpg

thaOwner

Just use a resolve team for that one, that's how I got through it. I have an Viper Orochi up on my iPad account if you want or a Gigas I can put up on the iPhone. With an auto healer it's really easy since you can get back to full before he hits again.

I figured CPP could appreciate this sadistic event. 2 Metal runs with nothing to show for it:

cMHWS8Fl.jpg

I beat him with an Orochi. Now to get some dragon plants

Anyone can think of a reason why one ultimate evo of Fafnir is better than another? Im ready to go, but wanna pick the best one. Im thinking maybe wood/light but not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom