• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? So how does it work? Every other day we get metal, and on the non-metal days we get all 3 colors? Is it still going to be every other day for colors just like now?
I believe that's how it works in JP, yes.

Also trying to figure out when godfes starts is like trying to divine weather patterns with shamanistic rituals. Anybody want to offer up some sacrificial li'l dragons?

Yaari

Bleh. I was so excited for a possible God fest tomorrow, and now it is likely Light again. Then we already get a new rumor about how it could be happening on Valentine's Day. Bah!

As for the Light Mechdragon, still no luck. I really wanted to get that one out of the way, and farm Witches' Ball all weekend. But that does not really seem likely anymore now.

Word on the street is that god fest does NOT start tomorrow, and that it's light monsters again (Ama, Valk, etc)

Hmm, I think I could pass on a yellow event. The two you mentioned would of course be nice additions but I'm not sure I need much else from the color. Add to that the fact that I have ended up spending way more than I expected to on a freaking matching game (thanks GAFfers :) ) and I will hold off.

Now if it was a godfest or even red (Echidna, Shiva) well...

massoluk

Banned
I believe that's how it works in JP, yes.

Also trying to figure out when godfes starts is like trying to divine weather patterns with shamanistic rituals. Anybody want to offer up some sacrificial li'l dragons?

So what's the origin on cpp's 'words on the street'? Curious mind needs a bit more context.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So what's the origin on cpp's 'words on the street'? Curious mind needs a bit more context.

On the facebook group's page. They always turn the time on their phone ahead so they know what's coming up the next day ahead of time.

Radav

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh maaaaan. Was really looking forward to the godfest. I'm in desperate need of some more impressive stuff. I don't think the normal run of the mill increased drop rate is going to get me to spend my stones trying for a valkyrie. Would rather wait until they do the godfest instead.

On the facebook group's page. They always turn the time on their phone ahead so they know what's coming up the next day ahead of time.

This fails sometimes, because at least on one occasion people set their clocks forward, saw an event, and then when the time actually came, GungHo had changed it out from under them. But yea, usually this is what people do A day in advance you can set your clock forward and see what's happening the next day.

Guess I'll throw some pulls at getting either a Valkyrie or an Ama.

Who's the better poisoner - Neptune or Siren? I would guess it is a pretty tough call because Neptune is going to cost so much more to use, especially in evolved form(s).

If the specualtion is right from above and tomorrow we get another 3-color dungeon rotation, I'm going to be in a pickle. Focus on dragons so I can get more experience? Or shoot for mythlits so I can evolve?

Who's the better poisoner - Neptune or Siren? I would guess it is a pretty tough call because Neptune is going to cost so much more to use, especially in evolved form(s).

If the specualtion is right from above and tomorrow we get another 3-color dungeon rotation, I'm going to be in a pickle. Focus on dragons so I can get more experience? Or shoot for mythlits so I can evolve?

First of all, Siren isn't a poisoner. I assume you mean Lilith though.

Neptune is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than Lilith. Reasons:

1) Neptune can ultimate evolve and get a second element
2) Neptune is the same color as one of the good healers (Siren) so can be used in setups that require you to minimize number of colors
3) Neptune's poison is 5x of Neptune's ATK, and Lilith's poison is 2x (I think?) of Lilith's ATK. Combined with the fact that Neptune's ATK caps out about 30% higher than Lilith's ATK, Neptune's poison ends up much, much stronger

First of all, Siren isn't a poisoner. I assume you mean Lilith though.

Neptune is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than Lilith. Reasons:

1) Neptune can ultimate evolve and get a second element
2) Neptune is the same color as one of the good healers (Siren) so can be used in setups that require you to minimize number of colors
3) Neptune's poison is 5x of Neptune's ATK, and Lilith's poison is 2x (I think?) of Lilith's ATK. Combined with the fact that Neptune's ATK caps out about 30% higher than Lilith's ATK, Neptune's poison ends up much, much stronger

Doh, of course - I meant Lilith. Well, you do make a strong case for Neptune. Sounds like I have a plan for him after all. Does ultimate evolution require me to max out Sea Deity Neptune?

Mashing

Well Leviathan doesn't hit for 85,000 damage, was just using that as an example. But basically, any time you find yourself dying in one hit, you shouldn't even be thinking about mitigation. I mean maybe it will work depending on the monster, but Resolve is brainless, nothing left to chance. And it's so easy to put together and basically guarantees you a win.

And what's he supposed to do is all the bosses are on the same timer? Better have an enchilada in that case. Resolve is not the only option I wouldn't think. I want to see a team of fully evolved physical types with 2x Siegfried's could do. That would be some hellacious dmg and HP.

And what's he supposed to do is all the bosses are on the same timer? Better have an enchilada in that case. Resolve is not the only option I wouldn't think. I want to see a team of fully evolved physical types with 2x Siegfried's could do. That would be some hellacious dmg and HP.

Yea but Leviathan is only 1 boss. Plus, Orochi (which serves as a resolve) also has a more powerful version of Enchilada's skill, so you can get 2 for the price of 1. Of course, it's not nearly as easy to get an Orochi as it is to get an Echidna.

Doh, of course - I meant Lilith. Well, you do make a strong case for Neptune. Sounds like I have a plan for him after all. Does ultimate evolution require me to max out Sea Deity Neptune?

Nope, you can ultimate evolve him when he's a level 1 Sea Deity Neptune if you want. Whatever level you do it at, he retains all his current stats, just changes his name and gets the second element.

ccbfan

I'm pretty close to quiting this game.

50 tries of Wind Mech Expert

4 tries of Wind Mech Master and just used a stone on my last try since it take like 2 hours a try.

I'm gonna give it until tomorrow and if I don't get it I'm deleting the game since I'm busy this weekend because of Chinese new year.

Shit just not fun anymore and to be honest I don't know if this game will ever be fun for me again.

At this point is more about getting the monster than the monster actually being useful.

Jinko

ccbfan you should probably just forget them like I did, I was getting pretty pissed off with it also.

I will prob try and get them next time (assuming I am playing still) when I have enough levelled monsters to farm master/legendary.

This game is pretty much built on having the correct monster set up and if you don't have it well you gota spend money to try and get em, personally I would just rather level what I got and hope next time I play the gacha something good will drop.

That being said FFXIV beta is soon so I'm sure I'll lose interest not long after that lol

This is why I recommend people to not worry too much about the mechdragons. Unless you're close to rank 100, they're useless anyway, so why bother? Just going to take up space in your box and you'll be able to look at it, that's about it.

There's 100 other things you can be working on that will make you stronger, so that the next time the dungeon comes around (and it WILL come around again), Master will take you 10 minutes instead of 2 hours, and you can hit it on a 2x drop rate for easy acquisition.

MicH

I have also completely written off the Noble Mech for the time being. Waiting for a 2x drop event. If I had kept going I think I would've lost my mind. Working on making my monsters stronger in the mean time.

ParityBit

This is why I recommend people to not worry too much about the mechdragons. Unless you're close to rank 100, they're useless anyway, so why bother? Just going to take up space in your box and you'll be able to look at it, that's about it.

There's 100 other things you can be working on that will make you stronger, so that the next time the dungeon comes around (and it WILL come around again), Master will take you 10 minutes instead of 2 hours, and you can hit it on a 2x drop rate for easy acquisition.

I am leaning this way too. I have been farming plants all day instead of mech dragons. Kinda feels like a Zen Garden ....

Not sure what to do next though in it's place.

Oh, and I am going to get 2+ feet of snow dumped on my head tomorrow/Saturday, so I need a game plan!

ccbfan

At this point is not even about how useful the monster is anymore.

I feel like if I don't get this monster after all the shit I've been through. I will just quit this game.

I've spent stone and at least 20 hours of play time on this.

I been trying to get this since the very first day the dungeon opened.

Dhx

Rerolling is becoming a chore with that 5 minute tutorial. About 15 spins thus far and nothing of note, just three various 4 star rares. Could someone give me an idea on the percentages of pulling one of the top tier gods, even if it's anecdotal?

5%, 1%, less?

Nope, you can ultimate evolve him when he's a level 1 Sea Deity Neptune if you want. Whatever level you do it at, he retains all his current stats, just changes his name and gets the second element.

His cost also jumps from 20 to 30, which you prooooooooooobably don't want to happen if you still have non-negligible team cost.

Rerolling is becoming a chore with that 5 minute tutorial. About 15 spins thus far and nothing of note, just three various 4 star rares. Could someone give me an idea on the percentages of pulling one of the top tier gods, even if it's anecdotal?

5%, 1%, less?

A gold egg for every 10 pulls seems about par for the course. Sometimes more, I've gotten 3 in a row once. Of course, sometimes less.

Keep in mind that some of the 3* and 4* pulls you can get evenaully will evolve into 6* or 7* pulls, so all is not lost just because the number of stars isn't 5 or higher.

Can anyone put up a Ceres or Forceratops or any monster with half green damage and heal?

Thanks.

I put up a Fortoytops, but I'm not sure if I have you friended. Also, this weekend will probably be a 2x drop rate event on wind mech, so in order to not frustrate yourself further, you may wish to wait for that and do master.

ccbfan

I put up a Fortoytops, but I'm not sure if I have you friended. Also, this weekend will probably be a 2x drop rate event on wind mech, so in order to not frustrate yourself further, you may wish to wait for that and do master.

Got it thanks.

This weekend is Chinese New Years.

All my family is going to be around. I'm not going to hide in a room and play this game.(Especially since it takes me two hours to complete master tech)

blackflag

Evolved Loki and Aurora dragon today to their final forms. Tomorrow I need 2 rainbow sprites to get my chaos devil dragon and meteor volcano dragon

ToxicAdam

I'm in for the long haul on this game. That's why I don't get crazy about missing special dungeons or whatever. They will come back around in 3-4 months and I will be ready for them with a much stronger team.

That's also why I don't go crazy with the spending of $$ on stones either. All that is doing is just quickening the time of you getting burned out on the game or running out of content to play. But I don't begrudge anyone that does. In fact, I benefit from their pulls/success.

atlantos

Neo Member
One good thing about doing mechdragon on expert is that it does give out a lot of experience point to rank up. So I don't have to wait as long to fill up my stamina. I am around rank 60.. so it is still useful that way.. If I just do Thursday dungeon, I probably get only about 4 runs today... now I get about 6 or more..

One question for you guys... what do you do with extra little dragons... If I already have a evolved version of them.. do I have any use for them? Should I sell them for some coins?

Also, does anyone know where I can find rank, experience and stamina progression table?

blackflag

Yeah I've got 30 something not including the 30 or so I've used in the past 2 days. Gonna get some more before the nights up now that there's no Godfrey tomorrow

ccbfan

Finally got the Wind Mech Dragon.

Wasted another 2 stones so 3 stone waste total for this.

First run

No drop

Used stone for stamina

2nd Run

No drop

Leveled

3rd Run

Died used stone (dropped)

Dropped finally

So after a total of 50+ Expert runs and 8 master runs I finally got the dragon.

If we got by the notion that expert drops are 5 percent and ,aster drops are 40 the chance of this happening is

.95 ^ 50 * .60 ^ 7

.077 * .028 = .002155

So this had a .2155% chance of happening.

Was this worth wasting 3 stones on, almost giving me an ulcer, and little sleep tonight? Hell no but after spending over 11 days trying to get this, getting it was a must, since I'm busy all weekend and can't really take advantage of the 2x drops.

Hey now I can make an entire party of Dryads if I wanted. (Watch I get 0 Succubi)

atlantos

Neo Member
Ugh light gatcha confirmed. I could use a Venus just for fun but I'm saving my money until god fest

Quick question about god fest... how often does that come around and how much of an increase in chance is it? I was lucky to get a Neptune during blue event but I was after Amaterasu, Shiva and Susano.. I got about 80 gems... Should I wait?

Yaari

It is a pretty rare occasion, and quite unpredictable as to when it actually happens. I think the rates are improved 3x.

I would not mind a Great Valkyrie for this week, but already having Amaterasu Ohkami, and not having too much interest for the rest of the rolls, I am not going to try it.

Seems too unlikely I'll get that one roll I need.

An eventual God fest right now is still pure speculation though. They could give us a stone during Valentine's Day, instead of that fest.

MicH

So I decided to do a few rolls in hopes of getting a Ama or a Venus. No luck. In fact the only light monster I got was a Light Golem and I already got the evolved one :/

... BUT! I then proceeded to roll a SHIVA and then a VIPER OROCHI!

So freaking happy :D

EDIT: I just fed the golem to my Light machine Mk III and got a skillup. Nice!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Nice pulls, congrats!

Literally the only thing I'm missing from light pulls are Venus and Thor, which are...gods. So I'm feeling it's not very wise for me to make any pulls, and should just wait for a godfest inclusive of the above instead.

So I decided to do a few rolls in hopes of getting a Ama or a Venus. No luck. In fact the only light monster I got was a Light Golem and I already got the evolved one :/

... BUT! I then proceeded to roll a SHIVA and then a VIPER OROCHI!

So freaking happy :D

EDIT: I just fed the golem to my Light machine Mk III and got a skillup. Nice!

I got 2 venuses :( what is she even good for?

atlantos

Neo Member
Ahh.... I tried my luck today because I really wanted Amaterasu or Thor... :( I wasted 25 gems :( Started out good... I got Dragon Rider on the first tried... then Flame Knight... then Ice Golem... then Flame Knight again and then Titan... I already have Titan....

When you do rare pulls.. does your rank matter? I am at rank 59 and I am not sure I should save the rest of my gems until I get to rank 100 or something... :(

J0dy77

I'm in for the long haul on this game. That's why I don't get crazy about missing special dungeons or whatever. They will come back around in 3-4 months and I will be ready for them with a much stronger team.

That's also why I don't go crazy with the spending of $$ on stones either. All that is doing is just quickening the time of you getting burned out on the game or running out of content to play. But I don't begrudge anyone that does. In fact, I benefit from their pulls/success.

Completely agree with Adam on this one. I've only spent $4 on stones across two devices and I've progressed pretty far. Just hit 72 and I'm in for the very long haul. I still have plenty of goals that can be completed and will keep me going through dungeons and interested. For example, Witch's Ball is going to get farmed hard today for one of the three rare drops.

It's just human nature that we all want instant gratification and want to complete this stuff immediately. I've been tempted so many times but manage to hold off dropping money in the gacha.

The one gripe I have now that I'm getting higher in level is the difficulty in maintaining stamina. I used to be able to manage it where I would get to where I was just about to level, run some feeder dungeons, level and start again. Now I'm finding myself with really low stamina and no level up in site and the long long wait for it to come back.

Just try and have patience with the game, you're not going to have every monster/dungeon down in a couple months. If I stick with this game until next Christmas I may jump for joy if I finally get a Zeus.

Finally got the Wind Mech Dragon.
It's almost as if GungHo read your post saying you were going to quit and decided to finally let you have it. Let the torture continue! =p j/k

On a separate note, one common discrepancy I've noticed between the Chinese wiki and the actual English game, is that many skill descriptions are slightly different from the U.S. game. For example, several monsters' skills on the wiki says they do 20x damage, but it's really only 10x damage in the actual game. Another example is the wiki says Parvati's leader skill grants 1.5x to HP, ATK, and RCV for wood monsters, but the U.S. game omits the bonus for RCV. Then, just today I finally maxed out my Harpy Demon's skill, but it only went to a minimum cooldown of 15 instead of 5 like it says in the wiki. I don't know if it's a bad translation, or if GungHo made some balance changes to the U.S. version. And all the discrepancies I've found were all downgrades for the U.S. version.

TimeKillr

Ugh. I need Mythlits. Like 4 of them.

This morning, I do four runs of the normal friday dungeon, since there's a guaranteed one at the end.

NEVER DROPS :( I have a feeling this is gonna suck!

MicH

This morning, I do four runs of the normal friday dungeon, since there's a guaranteed one at the end.

That sucks. I got one of my first try. Keep going with the increased drop rate you should definitely at least get one before the day is over.

Yeah, trying to get Mythlits from the Friday dungeon seems like it would be an exercise in frustration, as you'll be getting a bunch of other sprites and very little gold and exp for all that stamina. If you have access to the technical dungeons, they can sometimes appear there, too. The drop rate won't be any better, but you'll get way more useful drops such as Pengdras as well as more gold and exp. I've gotten more Mythlits than I've needed so far just from Pengdra farming.

Note: Just a reminder or FYI for those that don't know, if you want a Valkyrie than the Light event is your best hope. She's not a God, so waiting for godfest won't increases your chances of landing her. Just stating that because I know some people think she's a god.

J0dy77

I just did 4 runs, needed one, just one green worm and I couldn't get it. Didn't even see one on the last run. It's like this game knows what you want and makes sure not give it to you sometimes. I didn't even see a green in the last two runs.

TimeKillr

That sucks. I got one of my first try. Keep going with the increased drop rate you should definitely at least get one before the day is over.

Yeah, trying to get Mythlits from the Friday dungeon seems like it would be an exercise in frustration, as you'll be getting a bunch of other sprites and very little gold and exp for all that stamina. If you have access to the technical dungeons, they can sometimes appear there, too. The drop rate won't be any better, but you'll get way more useful drops such as Pengdras as well as more gold and exp. I've gotten more Mythlits than I've needed so far just from Pengdra farming.

Note: Just a reminder or FYI for those that don't know, if you want a Valkyrie than the Light event is your best hope. She's not a God, so waiting for godfest won't increases your chances of landing her. Just stating that because I know some people think she's a god.

I just did 4 runs, needed one, just one green worm and I couldn't get it. Didn't even see one on the last run. It's like this game knows what you want and makes sure not give it to you sometimes. I didn't even see a green in the last two runs.

Well I decided screw it, I really need them and it'll take forever to regain all the stamina. I used a stone, did 4 more runs, got 2 in a row in my last 2 runs.

I only need 2 more now! But I'm starting to run out of money.. I might farm them today then farm money over the weekend... At least I now have a fully evolved Siren and a fully evolved Lilith. :) Now I want to evolve my Earth Dragon and my Holy Dragon into nice rippers... I have 5 green evolved pengdras just for my Earth Dragon :)

Kosh

‎[US] Jewel Dragons (20 Stamina) 2/8/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 11:00 Sapphire 16:00 Emerald 21:00 Ruby
B: 12:00 Emerald 17:00 Ruby 22:00 Sapphire
C: 8:00 Ruby 13:00 Sapphire 18:00 Emerald
D: 9:00 Sapphire 14:00 Emerald 19:00 Ruby
E: 10:00 Emerald 15:00 Ruby 20:00 Sapphire

Jinko

Dropped another 60 stones on the gacha and what a bunch of shite.

Only good thing is the Valkyre.

Saw a gold egg and though yay Amu but nope it was an Angelion.

80516815.jpg

They need to remove those toy dragons from the gacha IMO

MicH

I hate those toy dragons. They appear way too often. I have gotten who knows how many Shardras.. urgh..

Also good thing I can get Sapphire dragons today! I have a bunch of max lvl blue Pengdras ready to be evolved. I'm usually only able to do the first two rounds of metal dragons as the third is in the middle of the night for me (sometimes the second round is as well). So Ruby and Sapphire dragons for me today :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom