• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
How often is this game updated with new normal dungeons or "monsters" and what not? Or has it been the same since release?
I don't think the normal/tech dungeons have been updated in a while in JP (there's a ton of them anyways so it's a solid month or two of content). Most of the new stuff in both US and JP appear through special dungeons that rotate weekly (or daily in the case of shit like Zeus and Breakers).

Japan gets monster book content updates of varying size about once a month, I'd say. No idea how that affects us since nobody knows how quickly GungHo USA is localizing content, also because of the licensing issues with the crossover dungeons.

US PAD has yet to be updated since I started playing around Christmas, but we also started with way more baseline content than JP.

Ah, no. LOL I figured out how I beat him.

Whenever I have my Lilith in a team, I *always* use her Poison on the last boss.

First turn: Poison, then do a match.

Before my second turn: Boss dead! :)

God I love poison :)

Level 9 wasn't hard either, just took FOREVER. I think I got lucky and all 3 of the bosses were on different timers, so it was just a matter of whittling them down.

...that'll do it. I had all 3 on 1 timer, ran out of Hearts

Narras

Is there a good place to gather experience materials for light monsters?

I'm trying to level my Holy Dragon and have been feeding him monsters I get from the Noble Mechdragon dungeon.

TimeKillr

Is there a good place to gather experience materials for light monsters?

I'm trying to level my Holy Dragon and have been feeding him monsters I get from the Noble Mechdragon dungeon.

Holy is the most annoying one to level, imo. Golden Dragon events are stupidly rare (there was one last weekend) and the stuff in dungeons doesn't really cut it. You might as well do Pengdra farming or just farm the metal dungeons to help level them...

Radav

Yeah just use the Evolved Pengdras + Metal Dragons to level your Light monsters once they get up there in level.

Man, I just got really lucky again. Got a GREAT! when I fed my lilith 5 evolved green pengdras now she's capped and ready to go except for a Dark Keeper ( bain of my existence.) Had something similar happen the other night with my Dark Dragon Knight too. Now I reaaaaaaaaaaaaallllly need to pick up a Valkyrie and I can make the healer girl team which has been my goal from the beginning.

Looks like I'll be be spending most of my time running oceanus falls now while I try to cap the skill on 2 sirens. ;; This is where the game is going to severely try my patience. Just gotta try to mix it up as best I can so I don't go crazy.

Yeah just use the Evolved Pengdras + Metal Dragons to level your Light monsters once they get up there in level.

Man, I just got really lucky again. Got a GREAT! when I fed my lilith 5 evolved green pengdras now she's capped and ready to go except for a Dark Keeper ( bain of my existence.) Had something similar happen the other night with my Dark Dragon Knight too. Now I reaaaaaaaaaaaaallllly need to pick up a Valkyrie and I can make the healer girl team which has been my goal from the beginning.

Looks like I'll be be spending most of my time running oceanus falls now while I try to cap the skill on 2 sirens. ;; This is where the game is going to severely try my patience. Just gotta try to mix it up as best I can so I don't go crazy.

I did it during 2x drop on Oceanus Falls last friday and it was going quickly. Since then, it's been going slowly. And the skillup rate isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Put in 3 batches of 5 Marine Goblins each and total I got 5 skillups out of that. So it's not too crazy

MicH

Man, I am still stuck on the last level of Polar Night Tower. That Leviathan hits way too hard. Currently leveling up my team. I have evolved two of my main party members since the last time I attempted it: Holy Dragon -> Lightning Holy Dragon and Dark Dragon Knight -> Chaos Dragon Knight.

Do you need a water resist to beat it?

Man, I am still stuck on the last level of Polar Night Tower. That Leviathan hits way too hard. Currently leveling up my team. I have evolved two of my main party members since the last time I attempted it: Holy Dragon -> Lightning Holy Dragon and Dark Dragon Knight -> Chaos Dragon Knight.

No, you just need resolve and an auto-healer. Same strategy as with almost every other hard hitting monster. You aren't supposed to be able to survive his hits. Think about Hades in the Hera dungeon. He hits for over 85,000 damage. No amount of levelling, HP, or mitigation is going to help. In general, any monster that says "strong" on it, you need resolve.

J0dy77

i don't see anything wrong with that. Would have rather an active community 'friending' me than people who are going to drop the game in a few weeks.

Just got to lvl9 at the last stage of the tower of flare. Absolutely murdered. All 3 sub-bosses on the same timer just isn't fair. Back to Pengdra farming!

That's where I am stuck at currently. Only attempted it once. I'm going to go back with a Flame Drall (once i evolve it) and some other damage reductionist.

Do you guys have access to a Rainbow Keeper? I've been able to make it through these dungeons due to very high HP from the keeper.

So now that i've tooled around on some of the clones, here's a few things I'd like PAD to implement or improve on :

• Streamline combos in battle. I don't need the count up animations when I rack up a 10hit combo. By itself may not seem like much, but think about how much you do combos during a battle.
  • Single 'Menu' when a monster clicked in Monster Box. Being able to LevelUp and Evolve from the Monster Menu instead going through LevelUp or Evolve box.
  • When Leveling Up, show what level you'll end up (assuming a 'Great!'). I find it super annoying when i'm like 15 xp short of max level. When I'm on the go, don't really feel like looking up the xp charts.
  • Make PAL and Rare Pulls mutually exclusive. X monsters come from PAL, Y monsters come from Rare. Last week I pulled a Mermaid from the Rare, 5 minutes later some dude pulls a Mermaid from PAL. Given the money people drop down for the Rare pulls, I think they should guarantee something you can't normally get.
  • Push notifications when 'Special Dungeons' are up. i.e. Metal/Jeweled Dragons

Anyone else have anything they would like to see? I thought about having a 'separate box' for evo materials, but that could get dicey since you can technically fight with them.

ToxicAdam

Put your CDK as a leader (load your team up with dragons) and bring along a damage reductionist and you should be okay.

It hits for 16k every 5 turns. If you half that it's only 8k and your CDK should give you enough HPS to overcome that and allow you to heal back up in time.

Damn, it hits that hard? Thought I was just too weak. Thanks for the clarification!

Well Leviathan doesn't hit for 85,000 damage, was just using that as an example. But basically, any time you find yourself dying in one hit, you shouldn't even be thinking about mitigation. I mean maybe it will work depending on the monster, but Resolve is brainless, nothing left to chance. And it's so easy to put together and basically guarantees you a win.

ToxicAdam

The only problem with resolve is it leaves you very susceptible to getting beat by random mobs on your way to the final boss fight.

MicH

Put your CDK as a leader (load your team up with dragons) and bring along a damage reductionist and you should be okay.

It hits for 16k every 5 turns. If you half that it's only 8k and your CDK should give you enough HPS to overcome that and allow you to heal back up in time.
16k? Jesus christ that's a lot. The CDK strategy is great, I'm definitely doing that along with a water resist. That should definitely enable me to defeat him that way. Thanks!

... also I need just little more team cost and I can fit in my Wind Mech in my dragon team! :D

J0dy77

Back to this idea of redoing the GAF spreadsheet, let's do it. I really need to review my list and add more Gaffers.

And man does this game love to torture you:

F82m4a4l.jpg

Polar night tower final boss. He has ko'd me every single time even with 50 resit aurora dragon.

I used the 50% reduction of aurora dragon, and a healer and defeated him without any problem. The trick is having 9k hit points. I used a rainbow keeper for that, their 3k life makes things easier in a lot of levels. Also, combined with a dragon with the correct elemental reduction (evolved lil' dragons), helps a lot with the random divine masks that you can find in the technical dungeons.

Dhx

Giving this game a try and want to start it off right with rerolling. Would the current rare egg promotion include an increased chance for Green Odin?

Back to this idea of redoing the GAF spreadsheet, let's do it. I really need to review my list and add more Gaffers.

And man does this game love to torture you:

F82m4a4l.jpg

I know it doesn't really benefit the devs, but would be nice if multiple monsters could drop each wave. Or at least, make it so coins and eggs can drop together on each wave.

Giving this game a try and want to start it off right with rerolling. Would the current rare egg promotion include an increased chance for Green Odin?

I don't think anyone knows. I haven't even been able to get a clear answer about whether Odin can even be obtained AT ALL outside of god events. I know I've never heard of anyone getting an Odin outside of the god event.

Speculation is that when the green monster event ends this friday, the event that starts immediately after that will offer a 6x increased hit rate on all gods, including Odin. Of course, it's just speculation, and we won't know until it actually hits

J0dy77

Now would be your best chance with the wood event. I wouldn't get your hopes up on getting one particular mob though it is extremely random and might take ages. There are a lot of monsters worth starting a team with.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I don't think anyone knows. I haven't even been able to get a clear answer about whether Odin can even be obtained AT ALL outside of god events. I know I've never heard of anyone getting an Odin outside of the god event.

Speculation is that when the green monster event ends this friday, the event that starts immediately after that will offer a 6x increased hit rate on all gods, including Odin. Of course, it's just speculation, and we won't know until it actually hits

I got my Odin during god event...

I hope it's a godfest tonight!

Dhx

Thanks for the heads up. I may just wait and see if that materializes.

Now would be your best chance with the wood event. I wouldn't get your hopes up on getting one particular mob though it is extremely random and might take ages. There are a lot of monsters worth starting a team with.

Yeah, I'm going to just try to pull one from the list noted in the OP. I just mentioned Odin in particular given the current event.

if its a godfest, i might seriously consider dropping some coin. I'm in the slow grind with all my monsters and would be nice to get a fresh one to evolve

if its a godfest, i might seriously consider dropping some coin. I'm in the slow grind with all my monsters and would be nice to get a fresh one to evolve

Best Buy has 15% off iTunes gift cards, but it expires on the 9th, which is basically Saturday. So get on it ASAP if you plan to. It's online only though, and you have to be a Rewards Zone Member. I actually signed up for the rewards zone thing just for that, was a good deal. If you buy the $60 stone package, and factor in the 15% iTunes discount, the price actually goes down to just $.60 / stone, which is a 40% discount off the a la carte price.

I've gotten to the point now where I mostly just use stones to refill stamina to run metal dragons, farm Marine Goblins, do Mechdragon dungeons, etc. I have a lot of monsters, so it's not variety that I'm lacking, but rather that I just have so many that it's hard to level them all.

Thanks for the heads up. I may just wait and see if that materializes.

Yeah, I'm going to just try to pull one from the list noted in the OP. I just mentioned Odin in particular given the current event.

From what I can find, ODIN (green or Blue) only appear in the rare Gatcha if they are specifically called out in the text below the pal and rare eggs boxes.

I am not sure how much truth there is to that, but it's the only information I have found about ODIN on the different Wiki/databases

Is a light dragon (pterra) worth raising?

While the Pterra Dragon is not as good as the Lil' White dragon, the only way to get one is from the Present system. It is best to keep it as you will probably only ever get one, unless presents get refreshed (the Japan game has had that happen before)

Best Buy has 15% off iTunes gift cards, but it expires on the 9th, which is basically Saturday. So get on it ASAP if you plan to. It's online only though, and you have to be a Rewards Zone Member. I actually signed up for the rewards zone thing just for that, was a good deal. If you buy the $60 stone package, and factor in the 15% iTunes discount, the price actually goes down to just $.60 / stone, which is a 40% discount off the a la carte price.

I've gotten to the point now where I mostly just use stones to refill stamina to run metal dragons, farm Marine Goblins, do Mechdragon dungeons, etc. I have a lot of monsters, so it's not variety that I'm lacking, but rather that I just have so many that it's hard to level them all.

Android :D

Thanks though!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hebahauxhbegstsyhshsudu

With so many signs indicating godfest tonight (8mio downloads, cycle ending, chinese new year), I might have to ask one of you guys to please buy me a card too... I'd paypal the money of course... Gaaaaaaaah.

ToxicAdam

I got excited when I saw the special dungeon for japan was 'Goddess Comes' and the drop in it is a Valk!

Then I saw the stats ... hits for 17k every round and has 3.7 million HPs.

D:

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Hebahauxhbegstsyhshsudu

With so many signs indicating godfest tonight (8mio downloads, cycle ending, chinese new year), I might have to ask one of you guys to please buy me a card too... I'd paypal the money of course... Gaaaaaaaah.

I can pick one up for you (or anyone else). Just shoot me a PM. I think there are a couple of us here who have done it for others.

MicH

So I decided to attempt the final level in Polar Night Tower with my CDK as leader and a friend Water/Light Neptune.. and as soon as I entered the level I realized I forgot to bring a healer... whoops! Somehow I managed to beat him anyway (so easy to beat, he just hits hard) and got my magic stone for completing the dungeon :D Unlocked Tower of Nature which I have not yet explored.

Also got two GREAT! in a row.. unfortunately it was for leveling up my blue Pengdras :(

I got excited when I saw the special dungeon for japan was 'Goddess Comes' and the drop in it is a Valk!

Then I saw the stats ... hits for 17k every round and has 3.7 million HPs.

D:

So... tons of stones, great... Odin and a healer that can do 3500 every turn MAYBE, but even then you have to get to her, and those Evolved Demons in round 4, especially if a Water demon pops up as that one could seal your ODIN

So Potential group

Leader 1: Green ODIN
Leader 2: Healer (total RCV healing above 3500 every turn, however that works)
Support:
Neptune (for round 2 against Masks)/ Maybe Lilith
Shiva (for Round 3 with the Mechs, maybe even round four with the Demons because of their high Defense)
Ripper 1
Ripper 2

Thoughts?

I have been hoarding materials over the last couple of days and now I am looking to burn it all :). I already used an evolved red Pendgra to max out a Red Dragon and evolved it to Volcano Dragon. This might be a bit of a list, but can you guys advise me what to do next?

Monster - Level/Max - XP to Max - have mats for next evolve
Volcano Dragon - 21/70 - 600k - no (need mythlit)
Neptune - 37/50 - 375k - no (mythlits, divine mask)
Siren - 33/70 - 350k - no (mythlit, divine mask)
Dragon Knight - 48/70 - 375k - no (mystic mask)
Mandrake - 34/70 - 350k - no (mythlit)
Earth Dragon - 10/70 - 620k - no (mythlit)
Angel - 54/70 - 195k - no (mythlit, divine mask)
Holy Dragon - 17/70 - 606k - no (mythlit)

EDIT: So, the obvious question - what's the best place to get all these mythlits???

I have been hoarding materials over the last couple of days and now I am looking to burn it all :). I already used an evolved red Pendgra to max out a Red Dragon and evolved it to Volcano Dragon. This might be a bit of a list, but can you guys advise me what to do next?

Monster - Level/Max - XP to Max - have mats for next evolve
Volcano Dragon - 21/70 - 600k - no (need mythlit)
Neptune - 37/50 - 375k - no (mythlits, divine mask)
Siren - 33/70 - 350k - no (mythlit, divine mask)
Dragon Knight - 48/70 - 375k - no (mystic mask)
Mandrake - 34/70 - 350k - no (mythlit)
Earth Dragon - 10/70 - 620k - no (mythlit)
Angel - 54/70 - 195k - no (mythlit, divine mask)
Holy Dragon - 17/70 - 606k - no (mythlit)

EDIT: So, the obvious question - what's the best place to get all these mythlits???

Friday dungeon: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/special-dungeons.asp
Tower of Flare
Polar Night Tower
Tower of Nature
First 6 technical dungeons: http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/technical-dungeons.asp

tomorrow's adept dungeon offers a 1 in 3 chance at a mythlit on the last round, the odds aren't really that good (I mean the 1 in 3 chance), but it is the only place it is guaranteed to appear.

Alternatively you could go through the technical dungeons but that may take a long time and you might not find a bunch, I have gotten lucky in the technicals before, but the friday dungeon's chances are better.

So... tons of stones, great... Odin and a healer that can do 3500 every turn MAYBE, but even then you have to get to her, and those Evolved Demons in round 4, especially if a Water demon pops up as that one could seal your ODIN

So Potential group

Leader 1: Green ODIN
Leader 2: Healer (total RCV healing above 3500 every turn, however that works)
Support:
Neptune (for round 2 against Masks)/ Maybe Lilith
Shiva (for Round 3 with the Mechs, maybe even round four with the Demons because of their high Defense)
Ripper 1
Ripper 2

Thoughts?
It's a Technical dungeon. I'd expect Valk to pull some gigantic bullshit that gets around Odin considering she's Zeus tier difficulty.

massoluk

Banned
Is it worth keeping those pyro/taur /frost demons and chimeras around taking up space?

Relic of my Beast Rider's attacker team, but barely using them now. I feared of feeding them to other monster just in case of some update that require them.

;\

There's some gimmick resolve team that lets you get a poor man's 0 stone clear with them on Hera or something, but I don't think it's really worth the effort.

Looks like we're switching to the Jewel Dragons schedule that Japan runs from now on.

xCobalt

Is it worth keeping those pyro/taur /frost demons and chimeras around taking up space?

Relic of my Beast Rider's attacker team, but barely using them now. I feared of feeding them to other monster just in case of some update that require them.

;\

The demons get a new evolution in the update. That's about it from what I remember.

ccbfan

Can anyone with a

Ceres
Fortceratops
Whatever monster Half Green Damage and have healing or orb healing

temporarily put it up for a few minutes?

Just got home from work and would like to start a run.

Thanks

There's some gimmick resolve team that lets you get a poor man's 0 stone clear with them on Hera or something, but I don't think it's really worth the effort.

Looks like we're switching to the Jewel Dragons schedule that Japan runs from now on.

Seriously? So how does it work? Every other day we get metal, and on the non-metal days we get all 3 colors? Is it still going to be every other day for colors just like now?

xCobalt

Can anyone with a

Ceres
Fortceratops
Whatever monster Half Green Damage and have healing or orb healing

temporarily put it up for a few minutes?

Just got home from work and would like to start a run.

Thanks

Just put my ceres up. I'll probably level it up a bunch tomorrow once i get a few runs in for pengdras. Got a lot of dragon plants and emerald dragons stocked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom