• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinko

BTW sprites are on 2 x drop so worth doing them if you need them.

It's almost as if GungHo read your post saying you were going to quit and decided to finally let you have it. Let the torture continue! =p j/k

On a separate note, one common discrepancy I've noticed between the Chinese wiki and the actual English game, is that many skill descriptions are slightly different from the U.S. game. For example, several monsters' skills on the wiki says they do 20x damage, but it's really only 10x damage in the actual game. Another example is the wiki says Parvati's leader skill grants 1.5x to HP, ATK, and RCV for wood monsters, but the U.S. game omits the bonus for RCV. Then, just today I finally maxed out my Harpy Demon's skill, but it only went to a minimum cooldown of 15 instead of 5 like it says in the wiki. I don't know if it's a bad translation, or if GungHo made some balance changes to the U.S. version. And all the discrepancies I've found were all downgrades for the U.S. version.

Skills have been changed/updated in the JP version.

Spent some major time farming dragon plants yesterday to evolve a ton of pengdras. Also went on an evolve spree and evolved

Dragon Knight -> ADK (<3 this guy. He's up to level 25 already.)
Dragonette -> Fafnir
Lil Green Dragon -> Green Dragon -> Earth Dragon (pulled this guy out of the PAL machine yesterday!)
White Dragon -> Holy Dragon

I also evolved to Fairlios into Fairlions and fed them to my existing Fairlion, but no skill ups :(

Now I'm trying to get the last 12 levels on my Devil Dragon so I can evolve him into a Chaos Devil Dragon.

I might plunk down for some more stones. My light team is pretty bad. Only things I have are a Genie (lvl 4), Fairlion (max), Verche (lvl 19), Angel (31), my now level 1 Holy dragon and a Machine Golem (the first evo). Kinda ... not so good. Well... and 3 light keepers and a 24 Topaz Carbuncle, but I think at this point I'm only keeping those for collecting sake.

Radav

Hmmm 2x drop rate on the Friday dungeon has changed my plans. Was planning on finishing Hyperion Lava Flow and moving on to farming goblins in Oceanus Falls but now I think I'll try to get some of the Dub-lits I could use.

I did have a question about Hyperion Lava Flow. Will I be able to use the 2 x ADK setup until I get to the last level? The first 2 I made it through sort of by the skin of my teeth.

Jinko

It makes no sense to use ADK as the 2 times bonus will be negated because fire is strong againts wood.

Edit:- unless you are running 3 water dragons I guess.

Edit 2:- those dungeons are dual coloured mind you so it depends on what you end up facing on the last floor of each dungeon.

Yaari

Finally managed to do Noble Mech on Master. But it wasnt pretty. The Thanatos I decided to switch in at the last second, happened to be the deciding factor. Saved my ass a couple of times.

Not going back there anytime soon though, I had to use a stone once and I'd rather not.

Ofcourse nothing dropped, and my unlucky streak is still going strong!

Edit: Oh, and it "only" took me 2 hours. Argh!

ToxicAdam

I did have a question about Hyperion Lava Flow. Will I be able to use the 2 x ADK setup until I get to the last level? The first 2 I made it through sort of by the skin of my teeth.

ADK + Meteor Dragon might work better. Gives you an attack bonus plus take an edge off some of the damage.

Especially in the later levels where the bosses will be hitting you for 5000-6000 every 2 turns.

Radav

ADK + Meteor Dragon might work better. Gives you an attack bonus plus take an edge off some of the damage.

Especially in the later levels where the bosses will be hitting you for 5000-6000 every 2 turns.

So I'd probably be better of using something like a Odin + Healer setup instead then?

This game clearly wants me to run a light setup or just hates me (probably the latter). I need three dub-amelits for my ultimate evolve and of course I got three dub-topalits so far this morning. lol

blackflag

Dropped another 60 stones on the gacha and what a bunch of shite.

Only good thing is the Valkyre.

Saw a gold egg and though yay Amu but nope it was an Angelion.

80516815.jpg

They need to remove those toy dragons from the gacha IMO

Just wait IMO. God event is 6x to get a god instead of the normal 3x to get one of the ones listed today

ccbfan

Is this correct?

http://www18.atwiki.jp/pazdra/pages/443.html

Why does light mech dragon do half damage than wood mech dragon?

http://www18.atwiki.jp/pazdra/pages/410.html (which I know is correct)

Are they using different scales or something, like the light page is talking about per hit while the wood page is cummulative. The damage difference is drastic. Wood take 1 tick to attack so it not like light attack more of something.

You might be able to go just one damage reducer and xelos ammy.

J0dy77

I'm debating a run at the Expert Mithlits today, I feel like I might be one or two rippers away from making it easy. Here's the team I'm thinking about using. I'll go with a strong ADK on my friend list for the damage boost.

WgeN2Ael.jpg

I can get to level 4 of the dungeon without any problems but I hit the wall there because of the 2 Strong Lits on the same timer. I'm thinking if I prep on the early dungeons and burn one down I should be able to get back up to 70% for the final two guys. Only problem might be not having an auto healer. I might even take the Rainbow Keeper out to keep my HP low. Thoughts?

ParityBit

So I need some advice. Should I stop hunting these mechs and instead farm something else? Or move to new dungeons? Or work towards leveling the stuff I have?

I am having analysis paralysis.

MicH

How much do they hit in there? I've never completed the Friday dungeon.
Use resolve. The easiest way to complete the expert Friday dungeon IMO. I susually go:

Leades: Siren + Viper Orochi
Echidna
Sucubus
Mermaid (emergency heal orbs)
Mystic Ice Knight (extra water orbs)

You can also do it with an Ice Ogre instead of Viper Orochi.

TimeKillr

I just did 3 pulls, just because, you know. I figured an Ammy or a Valkyrie would be nice.

I get a Wood Golem (already had one, ugh), an Ice Golem and a fully evolved Genie.

Is the Genie any useful? Her 2x HP for Light monsters sounds cute but I don't know how good it might be.

And are the Golems useful at all? Is it worth having 2 of the same color Golems?

MicH

I just did 3 pulls, just because, you know. I figured an Ammy or a Valkyrie would be nice.

I get a Wood Golem (already had one, ugh), an Ice Golem and a fully evolved Genie.

Is the Genie any useful? Her 2x HP for Light monsters sounds cute but I don't know how good it might be.

And are the Golems useful at all? Is it worth having 2 of the same color Golems?
Genie can be useful in a light team with the 2x HP. But generally I don't think it's super useful.

The Golems evolve into the powerful Mech monsters (not to be confused with the Dragon Mechs!). They're definitely worth evolving. They pack amazing HP and decent attack. Also their leader skill can be quite useful as it sometimes counterattacks and does massive damage.

So I need some advice. Should I stop hunting these mechs and instead farm something else? Or move to new dungeons? Or work towards leveling the stuff I have?

Depends on your level, but I would say yes...stop. I think I've ran each of these dungeons once.

Personally, I would Pengdra farm today as the special dungeon is Jeweled. Should be able to evolve a few Pengdra's of whatever color you need to feed.

Just saw I only picked up 2 plants yesterday. /rage

J0dy77

Post your box, I'm sure you have some nice items.

Once I finally understood that an ADK can't drop in a normal dungeon and figured out what can be obtained it seems pretty clear what Gunho is doing. It really feels like they want you to have a ripper/healer team early and then build from the tech dungeons once you can get over the first tier of Master dungeons.

They hand out all of the Lil Dragon's in the PAL machines often that can be turned into beasts. Healers are given at almost every tier of the normal dungeons and should be a priority.

I've been focusing purely on leveling up my box. Close to evolving the meteor dragon and devil dragon, and focusing on my Siren. Team is starting to feel really strong. Once those Lil dragon's hit final evolve that enormous attack on 15 turns is just awesome. If I get 3 of those going with a high level siren and ADK friend I should be able to get that first level of Master. Or at least I hope I can. :)

Edit: And to this point, "Should I stop hunting these mechs"

I was lucky enough to get the Ice mech a couple weeks ago. I've never once used him in a real lineup. The 50 cost makes it impossible to build around them at lower levels. You really need the levels and early staples to make them worthwhile. I'll farm them when I can fit them in my team.

ToxicAdam

So I'd probably be better of using something like a Odin + Healer setup instead then?

You could make it work, but you could get wiped.

You are nerfing your attack by bringing Odin. Plus you are going to run into alot of short-timed attacks that are going to negate your Odin skill. You might not be able to heal back up in time.

That's why I always favor 50% damage mitigation if you can get it. It never gets compromised and you never run out of heals (as long as you are efficiently doing combos).

What is the best way to do this with both my iPad and droid phone? Who should I host the image with too?

Ipad = hit Home and Power .. it will flash the screen, then the pic will be in your photo box. Then download imgurapp (free) from the app store to create a url.

OTIX

I'm debating a run at the Expert Mithlits today, I feel like I might be one or two rippers away from making it easy. Here's the team I'm thinking about using. I'll go with a strong ADK on my friend list for the damage boost.

WgeN2Ael.jpg

I can get to level 4 of the dungeon without any problems but I hit the wall there because of the 2 Strong Lits on the same timer. I'm thinking if I prep on the early dungeons and burn one down I should be able to get back up to 70% for the final two guys. Only problem might be not having an auto healer. I might even take the Rainbow Keeper out to keep my HP low. Thoughts?
I'm still low rank but I've cleared bot masks and mythlits on expert using a friends Shiva. Low lvl team with resolve leader, one healer for rcv and some orb changers, it works really well. I use four red and two green monsters, while Shiva charges up I collect red and green orbs, then I clear any waves with two enemies using a green match and bigger waves with a red match, orb changers for safety.

Radav

It's stuff like this that stops me from using my stones. Even though I really want a Valkyrie I can't get myself to use my stones. I have 7 pulls worth stored up and if I used them now I'd probably end up with 7 pulls like you got and be ready to quit the game. lol

TimeKillr

Hell, I figured I'd do 3 more pulls.

Got a Siren (lol I already have an evolved one!), a Cupid and... a Great Valkyrie!

So that's one down, I know it's stupid powerful, so that'll be good. It's already at max evolution too... Just need to feed it crap! Since I have a fully evolved Lilith and a fully evolved Siren, she should be very potent in a healing group.

Radav

You could make it work, but you could get wiped.

You are nerfing your attack by bringing Odin. Plus you are going to run into alot of short-timed attacks that are going to negate your Odin skill. You might not be able to heal back up in time.

That's why I always favor 50% damage mitigation if you can get it. It never gets compromised and you never run out of heals (as long as you are efficiently doing combos).

Yeah, I just used the Odin + Healer combo on the third level and it was a bit harry to say the least. I've got the 50% resist dragon so I'll just go that route instead. I might try a mostly dark team the rest of the way with the Meteor Volcano Dragon and an Ammu from my friends list to finish the other 2. Looks like I'll definitely need poison for the final level too hmm.

It's stuff like this that stops me from using my stones. Even though I really want a Valkyrie I can't get myself to use my stones. I have 7 pulls worth stored up and if I used them now I'd probably end up with 7 pulls like you got and be ready to quit the game. lol

seems like this game epically trolls you sometimes. If I were you, I wouldn't pull them at the same time. Try and spread them out. Seems like whenever people pull multiples, they usually get duplicates of some monsters.

Quantum

I've just completed fully leveling my sirens skill, I had farmed the Neptune glacier and leveled to siren the enchanter with max skill (currently level 32). I am also in the process of leveling lilith (50), vampire lord (5) and enchidna (48) (all farmed from lower levels)

I stupidly fused most of my starting dragons but have since collected and am leveling a devil dragon (53), holy dragon (49), aurora dragon (34), brachys (18), tyran (12)

my rare pulls have been mediocre I guess, and have included:

Loki (5* lvl 30)
Parvati (5* lvl 30)
Pierdra (3* lvl 4)
Verche (although this might have dropped for me)

I have been farming the expert mechdragon dungeons for a drop but have been somewhat frustrated with the length of time it takes and - well - with nothing dropping.

when I do run the expert dungeons I have been using my siren as lead and have been depending on green odin to tank.

with siren red -> heal and vampire heal -> dark I have been doing fairly well with a team of Siren, rainbow keeper, devil dragon, lilth, and vampire lord (with a green odin helper).

I guess I'm wondering what to do next, if I should rely on a dark/siren team or work on a heal team.

I should also mention I have a second siren that I have just started to level (she is still a mermaid actually)

on my other ios device I have restarted a ton of times and finally decided on a valkyre as my starting mob and have made it as far as my second rare pull which was neptune.

His cost also jumps from 20 to 30, which you prooooooooooobably don't want to happen if you still have non-negligible team cost.

Yeah, I noticed that. Didn't think I would have to worry about it (I'm rank 51-ish with a team point max of 62 I think) but I may have finally got the handle on resolve teams and was able to beat the expert shrine of sprites. I got the dubmythlit I need though I still have to get the other dubs.

I also have taken advantage of the 2X drop in the regular Friday dungeon and have pulled like 6 mythlits. I am pretty much set on them so I can focus on the jewel dungeons to get more food.

And yellow monster event is tempting, even if I only really want one or two of them...

ccbfan

Hard to get the levels with the flashing +1/etc. but you get the idea. I can give levels as needed.

This is my iPad

LSm74pfl.jpg

This is my Droid

VOZt33yl.png

Definitely start leveling those little dragons.

Little dragons final form are pretty are pretty OP in the early to mid game.

They can make any single elemental dungeon easy with a helper healer and their 20K nukes can wipe out stages at a time.

Nista

Is there anything useful to do with red dublits if you don't have any of the monsters which they are used to evolve?

The expert dungeon seems to hate me so I have 4 red ones and no dubmythlits.

J0dy77

Little dragons final form are pretty are pretty OP in the early to mid game.

They can make any single elemental dungeon easy with a helper healer and their 20K nukes can wipe out stages at a time.

Agree with CCbfan. Get those little dragons going, level the siren or the angel to final form so you're not reliant on your friend list for healers.

On the side note, my Expert Mithlit attempt failed miserably. I didn't have enough to burn one of the lits on the same timer and not having an auto healer in the game was extremely unkind with hearts. I'll come back next week with a much more evolved lineup.

ParityBit

OK I guess I can farm those penguins again to see if I can get some big hitters to level ... Should I try to farm lil' dragons on my droid account?

How did you take a shot on the Android device?

I have a Razr Maxx. I hit the power and down volume to take it

Agree with CCbfan. Get those little dragons going, level the siren or the angel to final form so you're not reliant on your friend list for healers

Well both of my accounts have healers already. I have an Ammy Osh and an enchantress.

MicH

3 runs of Ruby dragons: 4 Kings, 2 Highs. I'm definitely satisfied! Got my Volcano from 31 to lvl 51. 20 more and I can finally evolve him!

Can't wait for Sapphire dragons later.

Trying to clear up some box space ahead of multiple jewel runs today.
- I have enough green metal dragons and evolved pendgras to max out either Dragon Knight or Mandrake. I have everything I need to evolve the Mandrake but I am a Mystic Mask away from being able to grow the DK.
- Team points are a little concern and neither one of those is being used on my team currently. Ultimately, the ADK will be paired with fully evolved Lil' Red/Green/White/Blue dragons, all of which are in either 2nd or 3rd form.

Any suggestions on which one to level up first?

ToxicAdam

Had a great myth lit run ... Got three new colors to drop and also the rainbow one. Now I have the materials to evolve Odin. Just need a few more levels to max.

MicH

Does anyone have the metal dragon schedule they can post? Thanks!
[US] Jewel Dragons (20 Stamina) 2/8/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)
A: 11:00 Sapphire 16:00 Emerald 21:00 Ruby
B: 12:00 Emerald 17:00 Ruby 22:00 Sapphire
C: 8:00 Ruby 13:00 Sapphire 18:00 Emerald
D: 9:00 Sapphire 14:00 Emerald 19:00 Ruby
E: 10:00 Emerald 15:00 Ruby 20:00 Sapphire

Man I am just having a great day. I need to get some Red Pengdras for all these Ruby Dragons. What do you guys think - should I work on evolving my Volcano Dragon (needs 20 levels to max and I have the evolution materials) or Shiva first? Volcano Dragon is the easiest, so perhaps I just answered my own question :p

J0dy77

[US] Jewel Dragons (20 Stamina) 2/8/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
(A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)
A: 11:00 Sapphire 16:00 Emerald 21:00 Ruby
B: 12:00 Emerald 17:00 Ruby 22:00 Sapphire
C: 8:00 Ruby 13:00 Sapphire 18:00 Emerald
D: 9:00 Sapphire 14:00 Emerald 19:00 Ruby
E: 10:00 Emerald 15:00 Ruby 20:00 Sapphire

Man I am just having a great day. I need to get some Red Pengdras for all these Ruby Dragons. What do you guys think - should I work on evolving my Volcano Dragon (needs 20 levels to max and I have the evolution materials) or Shiva first? Volcano Dragon is the easiest, so perhaps I just answered my own question :p

That's about the worst schedule I could get on the east coast. Won't be up for the sapphire that I really need. Lil Emerald looks like he'll get the focus today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom