• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

dammit. I'm 2 plants short for Pengra evos. Where is the most consistent place to find them? I've ran tower of Giants a few times, but nothing.

Knew I should've done more yesterday...
I am in the exact same situation and would like to know this, too. Been running Tower of Giants as well, but I only get a plant every other or so run through it.

J0dy77

I am in the exact same situation and would like to know this, too. Been running Tower of Giants as well, but I only get a plant every other or so run through it.

Consider yourself lucky on that drop rate. The consensus is that the plants are the rarest of the dragon evos. You can continue Tower of Giants or Tower of Trials.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/normal-dungeons.asp

Where is the cheapest and easiest place to find feeders for Pengdras? Need to get a bunch to max lvl but don't want to use other pengdras before evo?

I just finished getting caught up on this thread after a busy week and reading about how awesome the lil' dragons are when evolved. I have all of them except the red dragon and lo and behold, after my second Pal egg pull a few minutes ago, I get one! That was a nice surprise after getting shafted on the mech dragons recently. Also, should I evolve my green Odin? I seem to recall people advising against that for some reason or was that just because their team cost gets too high?

Terrible luck in the ruby dungeon. I only pulled the regular ruby dragons, which will be fine once I get to the red pendgras, but I am still in the blue technical dungeon. I guess I didn't need much from there. I just hope I can hit the sapphire dungeon hard.

You'll learn. I got 50 yesterday. Plant day is best day.

It is really hard toget them any other day and I don't think it's worth trying.
Lol. Truth! Last week I farmed 128 Plants just in case, because the week before I farmed 42 and ran out in a couple of days. This time I finally ran out of Dragons before Plants. I think I used up between 80-90 plants. So, now I have an idea of how many Plants I should farm every Thursday.

So after using my resolve team (2 double ogres, lillith, echidna and an angel for ohshitemergency heals) to complete Expert *Lits, I find myself with the ability to evolve both my Ifrit AND my Fafnir to dual colors. I have plenty of dragon fruits and have scored 3 dub-mythlits in my 6 or so runs. Right now, I have enough dub *Lits to do sub dark and sub blue, but the question is who gets what?

Or should I spend a few stones on Stam, farm up so more light and/or dark Lits and do both sub in Dark or Light?

Edit: I could also make Ifrit sub green. Fafnir is already green.

Kosh

Evolved Siren the Enchanter and ADK today. I was one Dub-amelit short for Dark Wood Fafnir. Still thinking what second color to give to Leviathan.

Anyone got a high level fortoytops? Gonna make another attempt at legendary wind mech.
I didn't see you on my friend list, so I just sent you an invite. I put up my Fortoytops. It's only level 51, but it was good enough to complete a 0-stone Legendary run of Wind Mech. Good luck.

Anyone got a high level fortoytops? Gonna make another attempt at legendary wind mech.

Mine's like 47. Not super high but not super low either. I put him up, not sure if we're friended though

I didn't see you on my friend list, so I just sent you an invite. I put up my Fortoytops. It's only level 51, but it was good enough to complete a 0-stone Legendary run of Wind Mech. Good luck.
What team are you running legendary with? I can beat master now, but it takse FOREVER. I don't know how to make it go faster because everyone in my group seems necessary. I ran 2x Fortoytops, max skill Siren, rainbow keeper, phoenix knight homura, and fire mechdragon

I got distracted by a box yesterday but here's the new Friends List. Feel free to swag it out with whatever formatting you want
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhOCApI3pSVRdC0wWHQ3X2F5MnB6LWNNQUJJWG9Tb0E&usp=sharing

I took out commas from the ID cause I discovered that the game is dumb and interprets the commas as characters and strips out the same amount of numbers if you try to copy/paste it from your phone. There's also a sheet for Japan accounts for the two people who are doing that.

Mine's like 47. Not super high but not super low either. I put him up, not sure if we're friended though

What team are you running legendary with? I can beat master now, but it takse FOREVER. I don't know how to make it go faster because everyone in my group seems necessary. I ran 2x Fortoytops, max skill Siren, rainbow keeper, phoenix knight homura, and fire mechdragon
Here's my brief write-up of my success.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47385049&postcount=6530

Your team is very similar to mine, except you have PKH instead of ADK(I wrote that PKH would've been better, but mine wasn't evolved yet) and Rainbow Keeper instead of Echidna. And my run took long as well. I think I played a couple hours late at night, and decided to go to bed and continue the next day because I was so tired and I didn't want to make any mistakes. My team makeup makes for a very defensive battle. Luckily, the boss never healed itself, or it would've taken even longer.

xCobalt

Thanks. I'm in the dungeon now so you can switch leaders.

My ID is 356 137 283, feel free to send an invite

You could replace one of the fortoytops with a graviton earth dragon. 3 Healers might be overkill.

Here's my brief write-up of my success.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47385049&postcount=6530

Your team is very similar to mine, except you have PKH instead of ADK(I wrote that PKH would've been better, but mine wasn't evolved yet) and Rainbow Keeper instead of Echidna. And my run took long as well. I think I played a couple hours late at night, and decided to go to bed and continue the next day because I was so tired and I didn't want to make any mistakes. My team makeup makes for a very defensive battle. Luckily, the boss never healed itself, or it would've taken even longer.

Hmm, yea I bet the Echidna makes a big difference. Unfortunately mine is not yet evolved, and I'm not sure I can even get the necessary stuff to evolve her and then get her levelled up to a reasonable level in time to run legendary before it goes away.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I got distracted by a box yesterday but here's the new Friends List. Feel free to swag it out with whatever formatting you want
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhOCApI3pSVRdC0wWHQ3X2F5MnB6LWNNQUJJWG9Tb0E&usp=sharing

I took out commas from the ID cause I discovered that the game is dumb and interprets the commas as characters and strips out the same amount of numbers if you try to copy/paste it from your phone. There's also a sheet for Japan accounts for the two people who are doing that.

Thanks! Added myself, but the formatting is a bit off, mine is left-bound while yours seems centered? But nice! :)

Smiley90

Also the spreadsheet is open for editing of previous entries, make sure there's backups in case someone screws up... Accidentally or on purpose.

You could replace one of the fortoytops with a graviton earth dragon. 3 Healers might be overkill.
Trust me, you're gonna want a second Fortoytops instead of a Graviton Earth Dragon if you have the choice. The GED's nuke attack won't even take off half the life from the Taurus Demons, and it's extra HP and ATK won't be nearly as helpful as Fortoytops' orb-to-hearts skill. When the Wind Mech got low on life, it performed multiple special attacks on me. I had to utitlize all 3 orb-to-heart changers plus my Echidna to stay alive, before it reverted back to normal attacks. I barely survived at several points with my dual Fortoytops, max-skill Siren, and Echidna.

Hmm, yea I bet the Echidna makes a big difference. Unfortunately mine is not yet evolved, and I'm not sure I can even get the necessary stuff to evolve her and then get her levelled up to a reasonable level in time to run legendary before it goes away.
Yeah, Echidna was my last resort safety net. I didn't even use her skill every time it was charged. I saved it for when I was staring at certain death, or if I ran into multiple Taurus Demons and didn't have my nuke charged then I'd activate her skill before they had a chance to bind me. She really is super useful, not to mention strong against Wood monsters.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
As far as evolutions go this was the most productive week for me since I've started the game, doubt I'll top it. Golden dragon dungeon really helped start it off then I decided to plan exactly how much of what I needed by the end of the week, and at the end all that was left was to collect over a dozen mythlits. NOOOOOOO

Then we get a 2x Friday event? There is a god. Finally got my last 5* knight, damage voider and lil' dragon.

Anyway, progress spam! Now time to take a break and relax for the weekend.

collage3tcu5p.png

collage4afukb.png

collage52yu2s.png

collage1pru7u.png

collage2btuid.png

xelios

I just added you Cosmo, thought I had you all this time.

New doc is a great idea, already put myself in.

Boken

Banned
Trust me, you're gonna want a second Fortoytops instead of a Graviton Earth Dragon if you have the choice. The GED's nuke attack won't even take off half the life from the Taurus Demons, and it's extra HP and ATK won't be nearly as helpful as Fortoytops' orb-to-hearts skill. When the Wind Mech got low on life, it performed multiple special attacks on me. I had to utitlize all 3 orb-to-heart changers plus my Echidna to stay alive, before it reverted back to normal attacks. I barely survived at several points with my dual Fortoytops, max-skill Siren, and Echidna.

Yeah, Echidna was my last resort safety net. I didn't even use her skill every time it was charged. I saved it for when I was staring at certain death, or if I ran into multiple Taurus Demons and didn't have my nuke charged then I'd activate her skill before they had a chance to bind me. She really is super useful, not to mention strong against Wood monsters.

I want to try Legendary with 2x Fortoytops too! Can you add me? My id:395034290

xelios

I'm sure you're going to delete me after like a day lol

I never did that on purpose =/ Favorited this time

I've had people on my list with names like lol and meow so I get confused on who to delete when another person from GAF tries to add me. mmmmm probably seemed like a fair candidate at the time. =p

I never did that on purpose =/ Favorited this time

I've had people on my list with names like lol and meow so I get confused on who to delete when another person from GAF tries to add me. mmmmm probably seemed like a fair candidate at the time. =p

No I mean I'm prettttty you never had me friended in the first place. I don't play as frequently as I used to so I might go a day or two without any activity. I've got enough breadth on my friends list that I don't absolutely have to have an Ammy / Zeus / whatever broken thing you get next at all times so feel free to go chop chop if necessary.

Ferrio

Banned
Wooo unbanned.

I have a lvl 47 akaterasu ohkami, if anyone wants a friend my id is 310745202, I think I have like 10 spots left.

ccbfan

Definitely agree with this. I ran master tech 7 times the last 2 days.

with

Gravitation Earth Dragon
Fire Mech Dragon
Rainbow Keeper
Siren lev 3 skill
Rainbow double ghost orb thing

The partners I tried were
Ceres
Fortoytops
Gravitation Earth Dragon

Fortoytops was by far the best.

Ceres just took too long to charge.
Gravitation Earth Dragon Nuke weren't take useful and with a low skill level siren you need that extra heal. (I actually never finished the dungeon with this partner)

The last boss has this one period when you get his health to 1/4 where the effer literal goes into cheese mode. Does the triple hit (4500 hundred damage with 75 percent damage reduction so no clue what it'll be in legendary) 4-5 straight time.

I usually need a rainbow defense skill combined with the two orb changes to survive this.

Also definitely recomend bringing an addition 50% defense monster. That Chimera mid boss bind my 2 leaders at the same time 3 times with a double strike the next move. Would have died if I didn't have my active skill defense up.

xelios

No I mean I'm prettttty you never had me friended in the first place. I don't play as frequently as I used to so I might go a day or two without any activity. I've got enough breadth on my friends list that I don't absolutely have to have an Ammy / Zeus / whatever broken thing you get next at all times so feel free to go chop chop if necessary.

I tend to keep people just because they're GAF, not because they make me feel needed, and I don't care if they're low/high rank or whatever. My whole list is pretty much GAF at this point, just wanted you on there because I see you in the thread all the time. I get confused with the PG, SA etc. is all.

Also I apologize if it seems like I play the game only to show off my broken things in here, just trying to participate in some way I guess. Maybe I'm a bit too enthusiastic and some of my old Pokemon collecting habits are carrying over.

cpp_is_king said:
Guess ill show my gets for the week since xelios is :p between the rare egg machine and keeper dungeons i was able to get a ton of new stuff this week

Wow that's a really nice haul for the week, congrats. This was the first week I actually did any planning and didn't just haphazardly get whatever drops I could from the weekday dungeons. Don't have Thor but I don't feel like pulling the light machine because I'm afraid I'll just get more genies.

Hmm, still having trouble with Wrath of the Giant, the final dude hit me like 2000+ HP.

Btw, any one looking to exchange present? I got past lvl 20 now, what do I have to do?

Smiley90

xelios has never deleted me, I feel special now :x :D

Maybe I'm a bit too enthusiastic and some of my old Pokemon collecting habits are carrying over.

This. So much this. (the second part, not the "too enthusiastic", there's no such thing. :D )

xCobalt

Took down the wind mech dragon in legendary. Had a Ceres and fortoytops as leader with two rainbow keepers, a siren and meteor volcano dragon. Came close to dying a few times but the keepers were really useful in giving me enough time to heal up.

On to the noble dragon!

Smiley90

THANK YOU BASED RNG GODS. This is one of the few moments where the game appears to like me. I had enough stamina left for ONE Friday run, and I needed a Blue Dub-lit and... a Rainbow one. What are the odds. I run it, and I get BOTH of them. Feels soooo good. I'm now able to evolve all the monsters I had on backlog to be evolved (Undine&Shaitan&Sylph). Feels faaaantastic.

Took down the wind mech dragon in legendary. Had a Ceres and fortoytops as leader with two rainbow keepers, a siren and meteor volcano dragon. Came close to dying a few times but the keepers were really useful in giving me enough time to heal up.

On to the noble dragon!
Congrats!

THANK YOU BASED RNG GODS. This is one of the few moments where the game appears to like me. I had enough stamina left for ONE Friday run, and I needed a Blue Dub-lit and... a Rainbow one. What are the odds. I run it, and I get BOTH of them. Feels soooo good. I'm now able to evolve all the monsters I had on backlog to be evolved (Undine&Shaitan&Sylph). Feels faaaantastic.
Awesome!

I just got lucky myself. I got a SUPER bonus while feeding my Wind Mech 5 King Emerald Dragons. Took it from level 49 to 68 in one shot! My eyes widened as the feeder pets slowly circled my Mech. I knew exactly what was coming. :D

Smiley90

Shrine of the New Year is up guys! Someone better than me run it first and tell me if it's hard... Looks like there's multiple stages too, because the first dungeon is called "Shrine of the New Year 1"! WHAT IS IT

EDIT: There's only 1 battle LOL, it's probably the king gold? I wonder what the other stages are, if there are others... should be... I wish i had stamina right now, need like 25 more mins lol.

OTIX

Looks like I can't use my normal EU account for IAP since I got the app with the fake US one. Can I put my VISA card on the US account even if the address doesn't match?

Shrine of the New Year is up guys! Someone better than me run it first and tell me if it's hard... Looks like there's multiple stages too, because the first dungeon is called "Shrine of the New Year 1"! WHAT IS IT

EDIT: There's only 1 battle LOL, it's probably the king gold? I wonder what the other stages are, if there are others... should be... I wish i had stamina right now, need like 25 more mins lol.

it's just 1 king gold, that's it. I got a drop, not sure if it's guaranteed. After I cleared it, now it doesn't show up anymore

Smiley90

Looks like I can't use my normal EU account for IAP since I got the app with the fake US one. Can I put my VISA card on the US account even if the address doesn't match?

Nope, you can't. Itunes purchases (and gift cards) can only be made with a US VISA. You can't even buy gift cards through a reseller (bestbuy, walmart, etc) with a non-US Credit Card. Apple's rules :(

it's just 1 king gold, that's it. I got a drop, not sure if it's guaranteed. After I cleared it, now it doesn't show up anymore

Awe, and there's no other dungeon? That's weird, why does it say "Shrine of the New Year 1" then... maybe we get 1 daily for the next 3 days/weekend or so? That'd be cool :X maybe a king of each colour? :D

Smiley90

Mhmm the chinese wiki has this on their website:

February 15, 2011 February 16, 2011 "Shen Ji" sweepstakes God appeared 3 times!

You sure the Good sweepstakes are on Sunday and not on the 15th, AFTER the light event ends? (yes, that's google translate, I don't speak chinese.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom