• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

parasight

Mhmm the chinese wiki has this on their website:

February 15, 2011 February 16, 2011 "Shen Ji" sweepstakes God appeared 3 times!

You sure the Good sweepstakes are on Sunday and not on the 15th, AFTER the light event ends? (yes, that's google translate, I don't speak chinese.)

The FB group rolled forward a day and it activates. It's a 24 Hour event.

The Shrine dungeon supposedly shows up 3 times and it's the same King Gold Dragon, but you get a stone for all 3 times you do it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The FB group rolled forward a day and it activates. It's a 24 Hour event.

The Shrine dungeon supposedly shows up 3 times and it's the same King Gold Dragon, but you get a stone for all 3 times you do it.

Aaah figured something like that. Sweet. 3 Free King Gold Dragons and 3 free stones? PLUS the free stones we got from Chinese New Year's mails?!? that's amazing.

J0dy77

Also I apologize if it seems like I play the game only to show off my broken things in here, just trying to participate in some way I guess. Maybe I'm a bit too enthusiastic and some of my old Pokemon collecting habits are carrying over.

No need to apologize here Xel. Having your assistance and seeing your and other Gaffers accomplishments are some of the biggest reasons I've gotten sucked into this game. PAD is a lot of fun on its own but having this thread to show your successes and torturous rng failures makes it even better. I really like hearing about what I can hopefully be doing in a couple months with this game.

Kosh

‎[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 2/9/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 8:00 13:00 18:00
E: 9:00 14:00 19:00

J0dy77

You can enjoy my torturous crappy rng luck when I spend all of my 50 stones during the lunar event

Well I wouldn't say I'd enjoy that but I'm sure it will be therapeutic for you to vent it out with the rest of us having the same bad luck. :)

Radav

Man I so don't know what I want to do about this god fest tomorrow. If it truly stacks it would be hard to pass up. Who wouldn't want their own Amu? Getting a Valkyrie though is my #1 goal. I've decided I'm going to spend some cash and get enough stones that I'd have like 12 pulls. Should I go for it tomorrow knowing I could get a Vrtra, Shiva, Amu or Orochi with the slightly higher chance of getting a Valk or just use all my rolls when its just the light event in hopes I get the Valkyrie I want. Stupid quandries... knowing my luck I'll spend my rolls tomorrow and end up with a bunch of Dark stuff I'll never be able to evolve because the game only wants to give me light evo mats. lol

so dilema :

Sell King Gold Dragon : 300k coins
Feed to Holy Dragon : 75k exp

With the weekend dungeon being 1.5x coins, i'm thinking the exp route is the best. Thoughts?

J0dy77

so dilema :

Sell King Gold Dragon : 300k coins
Feed to Holy Dragon : 75k exp

With the weekend dungeon being 1.5x coins, i'm thinking the exp route is the best. Thoughts?

I sold mine. I feel like I can get 75k experience easier than I can get 300k coins. I didn't need the coins but I like having the bank and not having to worry about it.

Use it for XP unless you are really desperate for money.

I sold mine. I feel like I can get 75k experience easier than I can get 300k coins. I didn't need the coins but I like having the bank and not having to worry about it.

leaning towards xp since its a pain in the ass to get 'light' xp.

of course soon as i post my question, I got murdered in the expert weekend dungeon on the boss. I swear, as bad luck as I have with the Gacha....I have worse luck with timers

J0dy77

Finally got lucky on Castle of Satan and got my vamp. Now I just need one of the witches.

ChjTSSTl.jpg

Anyone else notice that you get a lot more + drops when playing the increased drop rate dungeons?

Side note, I changed my in game name to match my Gaf name. Figured it would avoid any confusion.

Boken

Banned
leaning towards xp since its a pain in the ass to get 'light' xp.

of course soon as i post my question, I got murdered in the expert weekend dungeon on the boss. I swear, as bad luck as I have with the Gacha....I have worse luck with timers

Sell it for gold - it's actually worth 25k xp - since that's the "light" xp component. 300k easily wins out agains 25k xp. you could feed him 40 2k shits and itd be cheaper than 300k and give you more xp.

Finally got lucky on Castle of Satan and got my vamp. Now I just need one of the witches.

ChjTSSTl.jpg

Anyone else notice that you get a lot more + drops when playing the increased drop rate dungeons?

Side note, I changed my in game name to match my Gaf name. Figured it would avoid any confusion.

Been trying to get a vamp and he hasn't appeared on the last level at all.

KuroNeeko

Hey Xel, don't sweat it. I just like seeing the end forms to some of those units. I FINALLY got my Siren to her final evolution. Now I'm just trying to max her skill level before leveling her up. Ran the Mercuria area 4 times and not a single Marine Goblin - yeah, they definitely nerfed that drop rate.

I gotta say, raising her from a little Mermaid to her last form....man, felt so good.

We've got a water drop event going on, meaning you're supposed to get increased chances to pull them. Thought I'd go for Isis and got a Fire Golem instead. :/ Will wait for the Astral Convergence to occur on the 15th when we get a God Fest / Water Drop to do three pulls for my Isis. Cooooome on, baaaaby!!!!

Yaari

I am also not sure what to do. Valk is top priority, and even though there are some nice Gods, I have friends that carry most of those. I feel like it is harder to get a constant healer than it is to find a Shiva or a Orochi for those few times I need it.

I want to do some rare rolls. But am worried that a God event will decrease my odds of Valk. bleh.

Dhx

Ok, need some advice. 30 rerolls in I finally got a standard Valkyrie. I'm assuming I should stop here, but I'm tempted to push for a Great Valkyrie. Knowing nothing about the game, would this be overkill?

Apparently it's a Valkyrie +1 for whatever value that holds.

Ok, need some advice. 30 rerolls in I finally got a standard Valkyrie. I'm assuming I should stop here, but I'm tempted to push for a Great Valkyrie. Knowing nothing about the game, would this be overkill?

Apparently it's a Valkyrie +1 for whatever value that holds.

Getting a Valkyrie itself is already very lucky. If you have the capability to save backups you can always save the Valk account's data048.bin, keep rerolling for a Great Valk, and go back if you get tired.

Dhx

Doesn't great Valk have a crazy team cost? Seems like overkill early on.

I guess my larger question is will I really be gaining anything long term by starting with a Great Valk versus an unevolved one?

Knowing nothing about the game, I'm unsure of the standard mechanics on evolution and if starting with a Great Valk is simply a shortcut. I simply want to place myself in the best position to benefit long term from my starting roll.

I guess my larger question is will I really be gaining anything long term by starting with a Great Valk versus an unevolved one?

Knowing nothing about the game, I'm unsure of the standard mechanics on evolution and if starting with a Great Valk is simply a shortcut. I simply want to place myself in the best position to benefit long term from my starting roll.

It's purely a shortcut, albeit a significant one because the evolution materials for Great Valkyrie are a gigantic bitch to get. In the long term (we're talking like 1-2 month timescales here) it makes no difference.

Xelios, why you apologizing? Cut that out. When y'all post it's inspiring. We'll get there one day. I just hope people are still playing 2-3 months down the road (gungho better not sleep on the us market).

Probably gonna treat myself to more stones if this god rumor is true. Still got some iTunes cards stocked up from Black Friday last year, and it's my birthday next week, dammit! I needs me a great Valk!

J0dy77

Don't reroll hoping to get her again, that was extremely lucky. Plus the 15 team cost might hurt a bit. If you do end up sticking with the game there is something special about leveling up a character from early form. I hold my siren the enchantress near and dear, she was really hard to get but so worth it. Molding your box is one of the best parts of the game.

ToxicAdam

I would just stick with the Valkrie. It's one of the top pulls, and you don't really need to evolve her to later into the game.

J0dy77

Been trying to get a vamp and he hasn't appeared on the last level at all.

I'm not sure 100% sure how the vampire works, not sure if he can drop from the final boss on the last level. The vampire itself shows up as a random mob on any of the castle of satan levels. I ran the witch's ball for the last week any time the 1.5x drop rate to get a shot at one of the 3 rare mobs (Lilith, vamp and snake lady).

MicH

I, too, have met a Vampire quite a few times doing the Witches Ball level in Castle of Satan. He doesn't drop from the Vampire Lord, as J0dy77 says.

Dhx

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I've decided to jump in. Reading the primer now (thanks Cosmo).

I've added my information to the google doc. Is it still used? I'd like to start building up a friends list if anyone still has slots available. Also, I saw mention of swapping gifts at level 20. Is there anyone here that needs a partner for this?

I feel like I'm jumping off a cliff and can already see where this is going. Fun and frustrating times ahead.

MicH

Added myself to the new spreadsheet and added everyone there. Cleared out of non-Gaffers on my friendlist.

Thanks for the advice, everyone. I've decided to jump in. Reading the primer now (thanks Cosmo).

I've added my information to the google doc. Is it still used? I'd like to start building up a friends list if anyone still has slots available. Also, I saw mention of swapping gifts at level 20. Is there anyone here that needs a partner for this?

I feel like I'm jumping off a cliff and can already see where this is going. Fun and frustrating times ahead.
We just made a new spreadsheet yesterday, so yep. I aded you by the way.

We all felt that way when we first started :D There's a lot to learn, but once you get it, it is fun. The community here on GAF is one of my favorite things about this game, actually. If you have any questions feel free to ask in this thread.

The number of new GAFfers playing has dropped a little bit over the past couple of weeks, but you don't really lose anything by not using your LV20 present. Just wait around and somebody new will show up to trade with.

Its worth noting that valkyrie takes a long time to really shine, so dont second guess yourself is she feels weak for a long time. She is weak for a lng time. Not because she's unevolved, but because it takes a while to build a team that can take advantage of her strengths. But one day, youll be thankful to have her

Dhx

The number of new GAFfers playing has dropped a little bit over the past couple of weeks, but you don't really lose anything by not using your LV20 present. Just wait around and somebody new will show up to trade with.

That's a good idea. Thanks.

We all felt that way when we first started :D There's a lot to learn, but once you get it, it is fun. The community here on GAF is one of my favorite things about this game, actually. If you have any questions feel free to ask in this thread.

Thanks for the warm welcome, Mich. I noticed I got Pal points for using you and that I apparently had a timed window to earn them. How does that work?

Its worth noting that valkyrie takes a long time to really shine, so dont second guess yourself is she feels weak for a long time. She is weak for a lng time. Not because she's unevolved, but because it takes a while to build a team that can take advantage of her strengths. But one day, youll be thankful to have her

Yeah. I figure the evolution will give me something initially to look forward to as well.

Added everyone on the spreadsheet except the 2 that had full lists.

MicH

Thanks for the warm welcome, Mich. I noticed I got Pal points for using you and that I apparently had a timed window to earn them. How does that work?
When you're using someone elses leader you get Pal points and so does the person whose leader you used (so you get pal points when someone uses your leader as well). 10 points for using a friends leader and 5 for an "explorer (a random person). Pal points can be used on "Pal eggs" in the egg machine. These are generally useless monsters (many carbuncles, knights etc.), but once in a while you can get a really good monster - lil' dragons, healers, evolution material and more.

For each friend there's a window of usability. The higher the level difference is between you and your friend, the shorter the window will be. Every time your friend relogs the window will be reset and start counting down anew. When the time runs out, you can't use that leader until he or she relogs.

Does this make any sense? :p If not, I will be happy to try and explain it to you in another way.

Smiley90

When you're using someone elses leader you get Pal points and so does the person whose leader you used (so you get pal points when someone uses your leader as well). 10 points for using a friends leader and 5 for an "explorer (a random person). Pal points can be used on "Pal eggs" in the egg machine. These are generally useless monsters (many carbuncles, knights etc.), but once in a while you can get a really good monster - lil' dragons, healers, evolution material and more.

For each friend there's a window of usability. The higher the level difference is between you and your friend, the shorter the window will be. Every time your friend relogs the window will be reset and start counting down anew. When the time runs out, you can't use that leader until he or she relogs.

Does this make any sense? :p If not, I will be happy to try and explain it to you in another way.

To add to this: PAL Egg points DON'T reset, only the availability of the friend-leader :) So you can either use PAL Eggs right away (and get some monsters right now, possibly), or save them up and use them later (sometimes there are special PAL egg events where they have better drop rates!)

The best monsters you can get from PAL Eggs are probably the Lil' Dragons (evolve into VERY powerful dragons later) and the first stages of the Healers - Cupid, Naga, Mermaid and Dryad, they all evolve into powerful healers later :)

Dhx

Perfect sense. Thank you and Smiley as well. I'm sure I'll hoard the eggs for an event.

A few new questions if you don't mind (experiencing information overload looking around online):

So I'm reading up a bit on leveling strategies. It seems I want to level carbuncles to 10-13 and then use those to fuse with the monsters I actually want to level to max out efficiency. Am I understanding this correctly?

http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/archive/index.php/thread-47.html

Also, the biggest early hurdle I see is determining what to keep and what to fuse with a limited monster box. any good primer's out there that would help me avoid wasting good monster's I may find early? (I just got a dragon seed for instance. No idea of the value.)

Thanks, guys.

xCobalt

I got pretty lucky in regards to vampire. I got him in one of my first few pal pulls...didn't think much of it at the time as I figured i could use a dark monster on my team.

MicH

Perfect sense. Thank you and Smiley as well. I'm sure I'll hoard the eggs for an event.

A few new questions if you don't mind (experiencing information overload looking around online):

So I'm reading up a bit on leveling strategies. It seems I want to level carbuncles to 10-13 and then use those to fuse with the monsters I actually want to level to max out efficiency. Am I understanding this correctly?

Also, the biggest early hurdle I see is determining what to keep and what to fuse with a limited monster box. any good primer's out there that would help me avoid wasting good monster's I may find early? (I just got a dragon seed for instance. No idea of the value.)

Thanks, guys.
You're absolutely welcome.

The Carbuncle trick is only for money-saving as it is cheaper to do it that way. You lose some experience by doing it, but save a LOT of money. But it is correct, however the Carbuncles you see in the beginning (unevolved) has a max level of 10, so maxing them is the best way to do that. You can do it with pretty much any monster, Carbuncles is just an example because you get them so often. Also bear in mind, that it is much better to feed your stuff to eg. a red carbuncle if you need to level a red monster. Feed stuff to a blue carbuncle for leveling up blue monsters etc. The monsters you feed the carbuncle doesn't have to be a specific color.

Early on you won't really be finding a lot of great monsters to use in the future. Carbuncle, Knights and Goblins are good to get a team going early, but once you start getting better monsters (other starters from the present swapping, lil' dragons, healer etc) you may want to remove them and perhaps feed them to another monster.

The dragon seed is only used for evolutions - keep it for future evolutions, but they're not a valid team member and give very low exp. You can see what type of monster you've gotten in their "status screen". It will say what kind it is (ex Valkyrie - Healer, Dragon Seed = Evo material).

You can always ask here if you get a monster and you aren't quite sure of its worth.

Dhx

The dragon seed is only used for evolutions - keep it for future evolutions, but they're not a valid team member and give very low exp. You can see what type of monster you've gotten in their "status screen". It will say what kind it is (ex Valkyrie - Healer, Dragon Seed = Evo material).

So evolution mats take up monster box space and don't stack? This seems problematic. How do people normally manage this?

Smiley90

So evolution mats take up monster box space and don't stack? This seems problematic. How do people normally manage this?

Get as many as we expect to need for the week and store them... and hope we don't need more. Expand Box Space with Stones. Some mats are "easier" to farm (e.g. Seeds are from Tower of Trials/Departure Tower, Plants from Tower of Trials/Giant's Tower, Flower from Tower of Giants), so you don't HAVE to store those excessively if you need the space - Just know you might be in for some painful stamina-wasting if you need them later. Alternatively, you'll have to leave your monsters at max level a couple days until the specific farming-weekday comes around, that's also an option.

Some materials are really hard to farm (Anything Rainbow, really), so those you REALLY should keep in your monster box.

Thanks, guys.

Keep in mind that when those guides say carbuncles they mean 2* Carbuncles, which become common drops starting at the third tier of normal dungeons. Before you reach that point just use any of the fodder that drops from dungeons to fuse.

None of the following monsters are worth keeping in general, although some will gain useful skills after evolution to fill out your fledgling team:
"Bubbles" (Flamie/Bubblie/Woodsie/Shynee/Baddie)
"Carbuncles" (Red/Blue/Green/Yellow/Purple)
"Goblins" (Red/Blue/Green)
"Ogres" (Red/Blue/Green)
"Fighters" (Flame/Aqua/Earth/White/Black)
Dragon Seed

Basically anything below 3* isn't worth keeping. Down the line you'll also get Demons, Chimeras, and evolved Ogres which while technically Rare monsters are common dungeons drops and are similarly not worth keeping.

J0dy77

As important as it can be to hoard stones I would personally suggest dumping 5 into box space early. Until just this week I always sold and fused just to keep my box under the limit. Often dropped a bunch of Evo mats that I had to waste stamina to farm again.

I'd take 25 boxes early in the game over one bad roll that I might never use or already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom