• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So is that a good way to rank up? How many stones / rank were you spending? I'm like 108 but it goes really slow now. I'd be willing to spend 20 stones to get 20 ranks, for sure

This won't help you, but there's a particular level (I forget which) that, apparently, if you chain run it, you can level up to 200+ without spending stones. Can't remember which. You can probably do the math on an exp per stam chart.

Yaari

Seriously? That sounds great.

I decided to give up on my attempts to get ready for tomorrows Hera. The key to succes was a Noble Mech that again did not want to drop after 3 runs on the lowest Tech difficulty.

I'll now just work on the strategy that requires me to have 16k HP. I am already almost there, and apparently it makes it really easy once you get that over with.

Really wanted a Hera, but Noble runs take alot of time still, and I dont want to use stones for that when I can possibly get lucky with a 2x drop this weekend.

This won't help you, but there's a particular level (I forget which) that, apparently, if you chain run it, you can level up to 200+ without spending stones. Can't remember which. You can probably do the math on an exp per stam chart.

would love to know that dungeon. Thanks to whoever feels like doing the math!

would love to know that dungeon. Thanks to whoever feels like doing the math!

Pretty sure the final normal dungeon (boss is Zeus) gives the highest exp / stamina ratio at somewhere around 800 exp / stamina. I don't think this will take you up to 200 though. Definitely higher than where I am now, but there's no way I can farm that yet.

OTIX

For us lower ranked people the best place to rank up by far is Tower of Giants lv3 on weekends, almost 500 xp/stam, and you get the occasional dragon plant as well.

Nista

Had no luck on Mystic Masks today so far, and now all my Orochi friends have vanished once more. I really need a proper Resolver of my own, or a proper Shiva team.

MicH

Had no luck on Mystic Masks today so far, and now all my Orochi friends have vanished once more. I really need a proper Resolver of my own, or a proper Shiva team.
I have both Viper and Shiva and can put either one up. Which do you prefer?

So is that a good way to rank up? How many stones / rank were you spending? I'm like 108 but it goes really slow now. I'd be willing to spend 20 stones to get 20 ranks, for sure
It's not the best exp/stamina ratio(only about 400exp/stamina compared to over 500exp/stamina for some of the normal dungeons), but it's certainly the fastest way to level with the right team until you can consistently beat Zeus dungeons and such, and since last weekend was 1.5x gold for the dungeon, I was pulling in between 200K-240K gold per run. So, overall it was a very efficient dungeon for me. I ran a Wood/Water dual ADK leader team and just brute forced it through the dungeon. I usually run a Wood/Dark team, but Dark obviously wouldn't work in this dungeon, and I found the Water Dragons(Ice Mech and Aurora) were perfect against the Fire bosses which usually give my ADK teams fits. Without Light/Dark orbs, combos came in bunches, and I never took more than 2 turns max to beat each of the last 2 boss stages, no matter what 2 random elements the final boss would be.

I didn't keep track of how many stones I spent, but obviously the higher the rank you are, the more exp required for each successive rank-up. Just using the wiki to calculate an estimate, I'd say you'd need around 35+ stones to rank from level 108 to 130 playing Master Tri color with other dungeons sprinkled in to use up leftover stamina. 20 stones definitely wouldn't get you there. It would take around 113 dungeon runs assuming an average of 9800exp per run.

Sorry if my quick calculations are off. If someone else wants to do the math and correct me, please do.

Kosh

I just put Orochi back. He will be up for four hours at least, until my ruby dragons hit.

So do you think I should try to level up my Dragon Knight (I got my rainbow mask) or my Earth Dragon to a ripper?
Would that be your first ADK? What leader do you currently roll with? Based on my experience, I'd evolve your Dragon Knight to an ADK and make it leader, but that's if you have the monsters to make an all or majority Dragon team. You obviously already have ADK and a Green Dragon already, so it depends on your other party members. But if I could only have one, give me ADK for sure.

So do you think I should try to level up my Dragon Knight (I got my rainbow mask) or my Earth Dragon to a ripper?

Do you not have enough to evo both?

ADK Dungeon woes continue:

FnFO49Rt.jpg

ParityBit

Would that be your first ADK? What leader do you currently roll with? Based on my experience, I'd evolve your Dragon Knight to an ADK and make it leader, but that's if you have the monsters to make an all or majority Dragon team. You obviously already have ADK and a Green Dragon already, so it depends on your other party members. But if I could only have one, give me ADK for sure.

Do you not have enough to evo both?]

Well I only have enough to concentrate on one right now. Green king and a couple of pengs. My leader currently is an Ammy Ohkashi (6* one). My other account has an ADK leader, or Siren the Enchantress.

Well I only have enough to concentrate on one right now. Green king and a couple of pengs. My leader currently is an Ammy Ohkashi (6* one). My other account has an ADK leader, or Siren the Enchantress.
Oh! Amaterasu Ohkami? And you already have an ADK on a different account? Then, it's not as crucial to raise your Dragon Knight over the ripper. You can eventually do so, of course, but in your case, I'd probably go with the ripper first.

J0dy77

ADK is awesome, do you have a healer for your team? Ever since I've gotten a Siren I feel like I don't even need many mobs. I just rely on my friend list for all the awesomeness. If you don't have that healer piece that would be my suggestion.

I didn't really have anything in particular to farm until Plant day, but I had 30 stamina staring me in the face, so I figured I'd lazily do another Expert Mask run. I start charging my Liliths' skills in the first round, until I can't avoid making a damaging match, and sweep the floor. No problem, I only got about 6 more turns to charge. Well, next round there's a Divine Red Mask. Totally oblivious to it, I merrily continue to make non-damaging orb matches to charge my poison. I was surprised and amused when the Mask killed me. I just laughed at myself and put the game down.

ToxicAdam

I've had that happen too many times I have forgotten the total count. The one thing that clone ToS does right is have a small skull icon on a monster that can one-hit you on the next attack. It doesnt go away and it gets your attention.

Jagernaut

These are the creatures I have so far. I have 4 of the 5 lil dragons and 3 of them are on their 3rd evolution. I need keepers to evolve the dragons, siren and echidna. Are keepers only available in the Tuesday dungeon? I haven't tried it so far because i am not sure my creatures are strong enough to complete the dungeon. Any suggestions? I just reached the Tower of Flare in the normal dungeons. I unlocked the first technical dungeon Fertile Land but i am stuck on the last level, Fortdragon of the land. I get destroyed by the taur devils.

IY0SMU6.png

ToxicAdam

The normal keeper dungeons are fairly easy. You should have no problems. Just bring along a healer and color appropriate damage reducer.

raiot

Soooo... This is a tough question... I have a Viper Orochi, 2 Harpy Demons at 35 but enough pengdras to lvl them to 50.
I have a Verche at lvl 20 (4 Star form) but no Poisoner. :(
Is it realistic for me to have a shot at Hera if I use my Hades for Neptune?

Soooo... This is a tough question... I have a Viper Orochi, 2 Harpy Demons at 35 but enough pengdras to lvl them to 50.
Sure it is. It would still be a long fight, but Hades would definitely cut it down by a lot. If you could get past the first 4 battles, you'd be home free. I would definitely go for it, because you never know when Hera will come around again.

According to my calculation it will take you somewhere around 550-575 turns to kill Neptune if you use Hades' ability every time it comes up, and you hit him for 7 HP every time by matching every color in your party (I used 7 instead of 6 since you have the ultimate evo for Hades). That is an hard lower bound on the number of turns it will take you to kill him, since that will be basically your only source of damage

The 7 HP assumption is unlikely to play out in reality, so if you assume you hit him for 4 HP every time, it will take closer to about 625-650 turns.

All numbers give or take about 50 due to the fact that I can't predict how well you'll orb match in practice

Edit: In the worse case scenario, where you only hit him for 1 HP every single turn, it will take you about 850 turns.

raiot

@ CPP:

Yeah you may be right, but i think i did worse things with the rainbow keeper only to get him NOT to drop... Hades is a 100% drop so it MIGHT be worth it...

@ CPP:

Yeah you may be right, but i think i did worse things with the rainbow keeper only to get him NOT to drop... Hades is a 100% drop so it MIGHT be worth it...

Not trying to discourage you, just giving you some numbers to work with so you know what to expect. I actually figured that out mathematically, so it's not just a wild guess. Should be pretty accurate :p

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
This 2x even it messing with my head. Just had the weirdest run:

2 carbuncles
2 Dragon Flowers
1 Dragon Fruit

0 plants, 0 seeds. -scratches head- All I wanted was some plants :lol,but I can use the rest too I suppose...

raiot

Not trying to discourage you, just giving you some numbers to work with so you know what to expect. I actually figured that out mathematically, so it's not just a wild guess. Should be pretty accurate :p

Yeah, I'm not discouraged, It might take a long while, but I think a 100% shot at Hera is worth it!
Another Question:
I have 1 ADK right now and 2 Mystic Stone Knights, Evolve all remaining 2 or just evolve 1 and try to get the rest to max Skill?

Edit: I also have a Shiva... so this might be the propably be a better option?

Edit#2: I just checked, I could go with a Light Mech Dragon instead of a Verche. That would make Neptune a 40-50 Turn fight with Shiva and the 2 Demons...

So my Team would be: Orochi, Harpy Demon, Harpy Demon, Light Mech Dragon, Shiva, Xelios Amaterasu (If she is up!)

Yaari

That sounds more effective I guess, yeah.

I have barely made the cut for 16.5K hp. Had to drop a King Dragon on a Lilith, but so glad I managed to make it. Now hopefully 3 more levels to get her some extra poison damage.

No plants for me unfortunately. Getting Amaterasu Ohkami a few more levels would also be nice.

OTIX

2 carbuncles
2 Dragon Flowers
1 Dragon Fruit

0 plants, 0 seeds. -scratches head- All I wanted was some plants :lol,but I can use the rest too I suppose...
I just got 7 plants in two runs. Randomness is random.

J0dy77

I just got 7 plants in two runs. Randomness is random.

Yeah definitely. I had a very across the board morning with the dragon dungeon. I got a fair amount of plants, flowers and seeds and got 3 fruit on 4 runs. Ill take it.

@CPP your nuts man and that is awesome. I need to get more box space really badly. I've added a ton of late (up to 100) but still want more.

ParityBit

So I have been doing plant runs, getting lots of good plants. My box became full so I figured it was time to fuse.

I have nothing to fuse! Ugh. Poor planning on my part. Hahaha.

Maybe tomorrow I will go pendrag hunting and get more jewel dragons.

Kosh

Hera at Noon PST.

[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 2/14/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 8:00 13:00 18:00
E: 9:00 14:00 19:00

OTIX

So the light event is ending soon, do we have any idea what might be next?

Also, should I use all my pal pulls before this event ends?

raiot

Hera at Noon PST.

[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 2/14/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 8:00 13:00 18:00
E: 9:00 14:00 19:00

So, Hera is up at 12:00? Damn, this is 21:00 o'clock for me... so much time left! :/

TimeKillr

2 carbuncles
2 Dragon Flowers
1 Dragon Fruit

I don't get it either.

I did seven runs.

Not a single Fruit dropped. NOT. ONE.

I only need one more so my planning is complete for the week, but it's still stupidly annoying.

And it's sad that I need to do the metal dragons today because by the end of the day I'll have an ADK, so I sort of need that XP..

commish

can we use the same setup for Rainbow as for Hera?

Resolve
Rippers
Auto-Healer

How hard are things leading up?

No, that won't do it at all. There are specific strategies you need. If you want to go the auto-healer route, you need to have Odin + 16500 HP.

raiot

Like I posted before, i will try it tonight with the following team:

Viper Orochi 6
Harpy Demon 50
Harpy Demon 50
Light Mech Dragon Lvl 7 - 15... dont know yet :)
Shiva
Amaterasu Ohkami ( I hope Xelios is up at 12! :))

Has anyone tried running Hera with a low HP zombie team? Came across a walkthrough here - http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=842 which makes it sound feasible. Have most of the elments just not at max level/max skill

I have a very similar team, even though I do not have the max level/max skills.. As far as I can tell it will come down to managing skills, timers, and making sure that all skills are up before going to the next battle for every level before stage 6.

The little devils have 1 turn attack timers, the demons have 2 turn attack timers, and the mystic knights have 3 turn attack timers.

With an "underpowered" resolve team, two enemies on the same timer in round one is instant death. the rest really depend on skills and orb matching.

Uthred

Like I posted before, i will try it tonight with the following team:

Viper Orochi 6
Harpy Demon 50
Harpy Demon 50
Light Mech Dragon Lvl 7 - 15... dont know yet :)
Shiva
Amaterasu Ohkami ( I hope Xelios is up at 12! :))

I was thinking of going with

Ogre 4
Lillith 1
Echida 1
Harpie 31 x2

But thats slightly too much HP for the best Ama thats on my firends list at the mo, so might swap out a harpie for a basic light chimera. Worried more about the earlier stages, trying to figure out how many stones Im willing to spend

commish

Has anyone tried running Hera with a low HP zombie team? Came across a walkthrough here - http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=842 which makes it sound feasible. Have most of the elments just not at max level/max skill

This is going to be my strategy. I won't be able to meet the 16.5k HP minimum for an auto-healer team (not sure it's possible without neptune, shiva or max odin). I have to use an Ogre + ama friend, so it's going to be ugly:

Ogre
2 max harpies
Lilith
Echidna
Ammy

Once I get past the first four round, it's auto-win.. but those first four rounds are gonna be brutal unless my orb matching skills suddenly drastically improve. If I can spend 5 or less stones, would be thrilled.

commish

I was thinking of going with

Ogre 4
Lillith 1
Echida 1
Harpie 31 x2

But thats slightly too much HP for the best Ama thats on my firends list at the mo, so might swap out a harpie for a basic light chimera. Worried more about the earlier stages, trying to figure out how many stones Im willing to spend

Is it possible to use a Naga instead of an Echidna? HOw long does a naga delay? My naga is only 90 HP. My Echidna is 900.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom