• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So why not take a Naga? Makes forming a team much easier and you weren't relying on Echidna for damage anyway...

Kosh

I'm going with

(L) Viper Orochi 4
Enchilada the Red Empress 44
Siren the Enchanter 49 (skill lv is max)
Great Valkyrie 43
Lilith the Witch of the Night 40
(AL) Great Valkyrie 52

Tot HP: 6166
RCV: 2481

I don't have another Siren or an Archangel to take the Valkyrie place in the subs. I'm sure I'll end up spending stones on Hera or Venus when I run out of RCV orbs to match. Hopefully no more than 5, and maybe the extra Valk will help take them down a little faster.

Should I prioritize leveling my lilith or my dark dragon? Same question with Odin and Green Dragon as my DK is maxed and I'm currently only missing the mask.

commish

Unfortunately only have the one

Ah, I see.

Well my last 3 pulls of the rare machine gave me 2 golems and yet another Genie, so I feel it's going to be easy for me to rationalize spending more stones than I should on Hera if things go badly.

blackflag

So fuckin annoyed at this game. I've fed over 30 marine goblins and no skill ups. She's only skill level 2. There's no way I can do Hera.

I do have enchilada, Lilith, great valk, siren, Amaterasu, Neptune dark,
All fully evolved
-------------

Odin, hades, rainbow keepers, harpy level 40 and another I can Max out, Unevolved echidna, rippers, vamp lord, gigas, loki, shiva, mech dragons, and a bunch of other stuff. Maybe I'll try something

Any ideas?

Radav

Well I overdid it on the evo mat farming this week. Now I'm faced with using some stones to increase my box space some more or start chucking stuff... Probably will go ahead and get some more box space cause I'm sure I'll just have this happen again in the future.

I'm trying to figure out whether I should try Hera. I think I'm really close to using one of 2 setups. Odin + Resist combo or the Valk + Orochi setup. Those first 4 rounds scare the crap out of me using either one. You get a demon on the same timer and boom you're toast.

Ogre
2 max harpies
Lilith
Echidna
Ammy

Once I get past the first four round, it's auto-win.. but those first four rounds are gonna be brutal unless my orb matching skills suddenly drastically improve. If I can spend 5 or less stones, would be thrilled.

Titan (lvl 5, so 200 HP) (or Siren level 40 600 RCV)
1 Light Harpy Demon
1 Lightening Chimera
Shiva (instead of Lilith)
Naga
Xelios's Ammy (or a low level Viper Orochi)

I think that either of these teams will work for the boss rounds, with Shiva hopefully making short work of Neptune. That first turn (and potentially 40 stamina gone) especially has me worried, if they are on the same timer, or devils show up at all, screwed. Ripping Turns 2-4 with the Chimera may help (rip a turn with lots of devils or devils/demons/knights on weird timers) or killing just one with the Demon, and Naga or shiva to get me out of trouble.

I am hoping to keep stones under three, but I will spend a couple of dollars to get Hera.

commish

Titan (lvl 5, so 200 HP) (or Siren level 40 600 RCV)
1 Light Harpy Demon
1 Lightening Chimera
Shiva (instead of Lilith)
Naga
Xelios's Ammy (or a low level Viper Orochi)

I think that either of these teams will work for the boss rounds, with Shiva hopefully making short work of Neptune. That first turn (and potentially 40 stamina gone) especially has me worried, if they are on the same timer, or devils show up at all, screwed. Ripping Turns 2-4 with the Chimera may help (rip a turn with lots of devils or devils/demons/knights on weird timers) or killing just one with the Demon, and Naga or shiva to get me out of trouble.

I am hoping to keep stones under three, but I will spend a couple of dollars to get Hera.

Yeah, my alternative to ogre/ammy is going to be my own siren + viper as well. The real question will be, do you spend a stone on that first level or just die and refill stamina? Or even wait? I think if it's on same timer, then I just die and try again.

commish

You don't use a stone on the first level especially if they are same turn

Well you might if you're relying on a particular helper. Like, I won't have my awoken odin up all day, so if someone was relying on him, they would be SOL unless they send me a message and I happen to be on.

Yeah, my alternative to ogre/ammy is going to be my own siren + viper as well. The real question will be, do you spend a stone on that first level or just die and refill stamina? Or even wait? I think if it's on same timer, then I just die and try again.

I would die and refill stamina, because you still have the crappy timer after you stone back.

Stones in the dungeon would be reserved for round 3 or 4.

other than Xelios's Ammy, I tend to have a bunch of Viper Orochi's on my list at any given moment, so I could run it a few times.

J0dy77

Where's all the information coming from for the Hera dungeon? Trying to think if I can build something around a Titan Resolve leader, Xel Ammy (if he's kind to us) team.

What are some of the big hurldes and pre reqs.

Thinking ahead again - what is the team I want to run for the expert sprites tomorrow? Resolve? Low hp or high force?

I am making notes in a spreadsheet I am keeping so I won't keep asking week after week. Thanks for all the help and suggestions along the way.

I did a lot of farming just after midnight and got a number of fruits and plants. I'll probably hit it some more to get plants so I can farm some pendgras and feed some things. I evolved Dragon Knight -> ADK, Neptune -> Sea Deity Neptune, and Mystic Dark Knight -> Dark Dragon Knight.

These are the other things I am close to doing:
Agdrall -> Flare Drall (dubrubylit, keeper)
Echidna -> Empress (mythlit)
Mystic Flame Knight -> Phoenix Knight (2 rubylit - am I right in thinking this form is better than the 3rd evo?)
Sea Deity Neptune -> Abyss (2 dubamelit)
Aurora Dragon -> Crystal (mythlit, keeper)
Holy Dragon -> Lightning (mythlit)
Valk -> Great Valk (mythlit)

Ferrio

Banned
I got a vampire from a pal pull. If I feed it to my vampire lord will he skill up, or do I need to evolve it to vampire lord first?

Here's my hera team. Will be using max lvl awoken odin helper

XeAA2myl.jpg

ToxicAdam

Should I prioritize leveling my lilith or my dark dragon? Same question with Odin and Green Dragon as my DK is maxed and I'm currently only missing the mask.

Evolved Odin doesn't really give you anything new except for more HPs. His team cost jumps from 25 to 45. Plus his evolution costs are pretty steep.

If you can keep the box space, i would just save all your green fodder for your ADK once he gets evolved, (assuming you get the mask)

I got a vampire from a pal pull. If I feed it to my vampire lord will he skill up, or do I need to evolve it to vampire lord first?
It will have a chance to skillup as long as the skills exactly match (which should be the case for Vamps). Some skills have the same name but different effects so you need to watch out for those gotchas.

Also you might want to consider keeping the second vampire anyways for the double orb changing. I believe you can feed them Big Baddies for a skillup anyways.

b0neshank

Banned
I am kind of to the point where I feel I have to pay to progress. The drop rates are all over the place and some are just horrible. I have ran dungeons for a succubus 40 times probably with no luck and don't even get me started on the MechDragons.

Kosh

Thinking ahead again - what is the team I want to run for the expert sprites tomorrow? Resolve? Low hp or high force?

Usually it's the same as the Mask Expert Dungeon. I usually run resolve with a Titan leader, Red Keeper, Enchilada, Red Ripper, Lilith and a Shiva assist Leader. Try to charge all your powers in the first or second round then use Shiva and wipe each round after that. You can also go with 3-4 poisoners and do the same thing.

I use the Titan instead of Orochi for the orb change and all the red monsters means if you match red orbs it's a cinch to wipe each round after Shiva applies his armor break. Remember, as long as you wipe the round, Shiva's armor break will carry over to the next round.

I am kind of to the point where I feel I have to pay to progress. The drop rates are all over the place and some are just horrible. I have ran dungeons for a succubus 40 times probably with no luck and don't even get me started on the MechDragons.
Are you grinding those dungeons because you feel like you have to in order to progress or because you want to? I have yet to grind for a Mechdragon because it's no sweat off my back if I miss out on one.

Ferrio

Banned
Are you grinding those dungeons because you feel like you have to in order to progress or because you want to? I have yet to grind for a Mechdragon because it's no sweat off my back if I miss out on one.

Same... mech dragons do nothing for my teams really.. I've done them a few times but not beating myself up over not getting one.

I am beating myself up for not being able to get a damn succubus.

Dhx

Thanks again for the initial help last week, everyone. I'm currently sitting at rank 30 and could use a few more pointers if anyone has a moment.

Firstly, I have a feeling my hoarding ways are excessively penalizing me. I constantly have a full box and I suspect I shouldn't be holding onto this much evo material. Also, my box is clogged with good enhance material as well but I'm completely tapped out on gold from fusing.

Any thoughts on what I should focus on to make gold and clear out this back log? Or honestly, all thoughts in general are very much appreciated.

(My box)

Mains:

Valkyrie Lv. 33
Tyrannos Lv. 1
Naga Lv. 24
Mystic Ice Knight Lv. 25
Earth Guardian Lv. 35
Vampire Lv. 25

Evo:

Crimson Demon Mask
Rubylit
5x Red Evolve Mask

Dub-Sapphilit
Keeper of Water
Sapphilit
4x Blue Evolve Mask

9x Dragon flower
Keeper of Woods
4x Dragon Plant
7x Dragon Seed
Green Evolve Mask

Golden Demon Mask
Keeper of Light
Dub-topalit

3x Keeper of Dark
Violet Demon Mask
2x Purple Evolve Mask

blackflag

Hmmm ok I got my siren to max skill. I wonder if its worth it to get my other to Mac skill or just use enchilada instead of a second siren for Hera.

I should be able to do the following teams
great valk/orochi
AMA/orochi
AMA/odin
Dark Neptune/odin

What do you have to feed siren to get a skill up and where do you get it ?

Marine Goblins, Commonly found in the Sea Cave Mercury and Oceanus Falls.

Oh and DarkhawkX, you can dump the "evolve masks" they are incredibly common, not used to often, and very easy to farm. Demon and divine masks are another story

I'm guessing not, but is there any type of 'special' (increased drop, reduced stamina, etc.) conditions on the technical dungeons? Havn't seen any, just wondering

Definitely understand the feeling, but I would argue that the rare egg machine is probably not even the best way to get a Succubus. If you consider the sheer number of monsters that are in the machine, the odds of pulling out a specific one that you want are astronomically low.

Drop rates definitely suck, but one thing interesting about this game is that there's enough diversity in monsters that you can almost always find a substitute that will suffice. It may not be optimal, but it should usually work. And with the ability to use friends as Helpers, your friends can often fill in whatever gaps you have.

So, with that out of the way, there are a couple of other ways to get Succubus. Notably, the Pal machine (although I agree the odds here are definitely not in your favor), but even more importantly the dark mech dragon dungeon (which should come around in a week or so). The Dark Mech dragon dungeon is almost hands down going to be the best chance for you to acquire a Succubus, because a) the base chance is already pretty reasonable (maybe 8-10% on Expert in my estimate), and also it can go on 2x drop rate.

Of course statistics by their very nature don't guarantee you anything no matter how many times you try something, but if you do really want a Succubus, I would try to hold out until Dark Mechdragon comes around, and try to hit it full force in hopes of a drop.

Yeah, I've found that farming anything in this game that isn't on x2 drop is just brutal in this game. It can really kill any enjoyment. I just hold onto my stones (hahaha) and wait for a Gacha event and hope for the best. Pulled a few good ones and that's enough for me. Gacha seems the best way to get 'better' monsters, but I agree that hoping for any specific drop is just brutal.

I'm guessing not, but is there any type of 'special' (increased drop, reduced stamina, etc.) conditions on the technical dungeons? Havn't seen any, just wondering
I'm fairly certain the Tech dungeons never receive any bonus, and in fact don't have any rare drops either. They're pretty much used solely for Pengdra farming.

I'm fairly certain the Tech dungeons never receive any bonus, and in fact don't have any rare drops either. They're pretty much used solely for Pengdra farming.

The second tier of tech dungeons have High colored dragons (e.g. High Emerald Dragon, etc) as well as Dub-Lits, and Divine Masks / Mythlits from the first tier.

J0dy77

Thanks again for the initial help last week, everyone. I'm currently sitting at rank 30 and could use a few more pointers if anyone has a moment.

Firstly, I have a feeling my hoarding ways are excessively penalizing me. I constantly have a full box and I suspect I shouldn't be holding onto this much evo material. Also, my box is clogged with good enhance material as well but I'm completely tapped out on gold from fusing.

Any thoughts on what I should focus on to make gold and clear out this back log? Or honestly, all thoughts in general are very much appreciated.

(My box)

Mains:

Valkyrie Lv. 33
Tyrannos Lv. 1
Naga Lv. 24
Mystic Ice Knight Lv. 25
Earth Guardian Lv. 35
Vampire Lv. 25

Evo:

Crimson Demon Mask
Rubylit
5x Red Evolve Mask

Dub-Sapphilit
Keeper of Water
Sapphilit
4x Blue Evolve Mask

9x Dragon flower
Keeper of Woods
4x Dragon Plant
7x Dragon Seed
Green Evolve Mask

Golden Demon Mask
Keeper of Light
Dub-topalit

3x Keeper of Dark
Violet Demon Mask
2x Purple Evolve Mask

Have you gotten any Lil Dragons from the Pal machine? Don't overlook those, they're very good as you level them. Can probably dump a couple dragon flowers if you're tight on space. Vampire would be a nice place to start for a dark team and dark is easier to level with the frequent metal dragon events.

commish

Anyone with a Orochi leader that can add me? Only have 1 on my list atm!

Thanks!

ccbfan

Yeah, I've found that farming anything in this game that isn't on x2 drop is just brutal in this game. It can really kill any enjoyment. I just hold onto my stones (hahaha) and wait for a Gacha event and hope for the best. Pulled a few good ones and that's enough for me. Gacha seems the best way to get 'better' monsters, but I agree that hoping for any specific drop is just brutal.

Only if you're lucky.

I have 0 useful optional rare pulls that aren't drops.

If someone asked me to trade all my rare pulls for 5 inventory slots I would say yes.

Anyone with a Orochi leader that can add me? Only have 1 on my list atm!

Thanks!

Do you need it to try Hera, or just in general? Because I can't put it up for Hera since I'm running my own Hera group with Neptune leader. But if you just want more Orochis on your list for Wednesday / Friday dungeons then I can add you

commish

Do you need it to try Hera, or just in general? Because I can't put it up for Hera since I'm running my own Hera group with Neptune leader. But if you just want more Orochis on your list for Wednesday / Friday dungeons then I can add you

Always good to have more. I should have you on my list anyway!

I covet a Neptune :(

blackflag

I had much better success in Oceanus Falls. I was getting at least 1-2 skillups from every batch of 5. Of course, it's a much harder set of dungeons.

I've been doing so much of the special stuff I haven't even gotten there even though in rank 100. Guess I need to get back to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom