• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
Just got to Castle of Satan and have no idea what I should do,

Red:
Minerva (13)
Echidna (21)
Dino Rider (21)
Tyrannos (12)

Blue:
Mystic Ice Knight (25 arg just need one indigo mask)
Plesios (9)
Blue Dragon (1)
Frost Demon (1)

Green:
Lakshmi (30)
Toyceratops (1)
Taur Demon (1)

White:
Venus (6)
Divinegon (30)
Holy Dragon (1)
Cupid (16)

I've been rolling with either a Red/blue lineup or a Green/fire lineup for the time being, but things are getting pretty damn hard. Anyone wanna offer some direction, or what I should be leveling?

Friend some people with healers. Throw Divinegon as your leader, fill up the rest of your team with stuff that complements light. (light creatures, and creatures that turn orbs light).

So planning ahead to tomorrow, I need to try to get at least one Mystic Mask. I believe that will be the tough dungeon tomorrow. I know I did it last week and I'm pretty sure it was a resolve team. Is it better to go with the lower power type of resolve team or can a brute force resolve team (like for rainbow keeper) work as well?

still battling the Light Keeper w/ my under-leveled team. Rainbow is going to be a mother.

Started around 4pm EST (havn't been active the entire time)

Just got to Castle of Satan and have no idea what I should do...

I've been rolling with either a Red/blue lineup or a Green/fire lineup for the time being, but things are getting pretty damn hard. Anyone wanna offer some direction, or what I should be leveling?
What Ferrio said, but you could also go the aggressive route and get another 2x Light ATK helper to make a 4x ATK team instead of healing.

So planning ahead to tomorrow, I need to try to get at least one Mystic Mask. I believe that will be the tough dungeon tomorrow. I know I did it last week and I'm pretty sure it was a resolve team. Is it better to go with the lower power type of resolve team or can a brute force resolve team (like for rainbow keeper) work as well?
Brute force doesn't work in the Mask dungeon because the high level masks have 60000 defense, so even a nuke attack will be reduced down to 1 damage. The best options are poison and/or Shiva. Lacking those, you're just gonna need to try to make orb matches that'll have the majority of your party attacking every turn. Having orb changers can help to make sure you don't run out of necessary orbs to match. And dual color monsters can provide additional hits. You'll want to concentrate on attacking monsters that have the same countdown timers, and when you get to the boss level, kill the Mystic Mask first, since its 1-count timer will guarantee that it attacks on the same turn as the accompanying Masks.

What Ferrio said, but you could also go the aggressive route and get another 2x Light ATK helper to make a 4x ATK team instead of healing.

Brute force doesn't work in the Mask dungeon because the high level masks have 60000 defense, so even a nuke attack will be reduced down to 1 damage. The best options are poison and/or Shiva. Lacking those, you're just gonna need to try to make orb matches that'll have the majority of your party attacking every turn. Having orb changers can help to make sure you don't run out of necessary orbs to match. And dual color monsters can provide additional hits. You'll want to concentrate on attacking monsters that have the same countdown timers, and when you get to the boss level, kill the Mystic Mask first, since its 1-count timer will guarantee that it attacks on the same turn as the accompanying Masks.

I'll put my Shiva up tomorrow.
if i ever finish the rainbow keeper

TimeKillr

I can also put my lilith of the night as my main tomorrow, but I don't know if it'll be that useful.

Seeing as I pulled 3 more Succubus this weekend (lol) I can do a full poison team + my Siren + an Orochi friend and be unkillable as long as I get different timers on the first fight... Should be interesting.

I can also put my lilith of the night as my main tomorrow, but I don't know if it'll be that useful.

Seeing as I pulled 3 more Succubus this weekend (lol) I can do a full poison team + my Siren + an Orochi friend and be unkillable as long as I get different timers on the first fight... Should be interesting.

The monsters from the first and second round are pretty easy, they're just the Demon Masks, don't have to worry about dying to those usually

TimeKillr

The monsters from the first and second round are pretty easy, they're just the Demon Masks, don't have to worry about dying to those usually

How many rounds is it again? I don't remember... If it's 5, then it's a freaking joke and I can just poison everything and laugh my way to the bank...

EDIT: It is 5. Ha! This is gonna be fun.

parasight

still battling the Light Keeper w/ my under-leveled team. Rainbow is going to be a mother.

Wow, I went in with a similar team. Most of my attacks were resisted except my Lvl 18 Verche Sky Knight. I just kept making combos until my Ripper's ability was charged. I used Meteor Volcano Dragon. That was pretty much my only source of damage and it only took an hour or so.

J0dy77

If it makes you feel any better I don't think the Rainbow is any harder than the Light keeper on Expert, probably about the same.

SirKhalid

I want to give rainbow keeper a try before 2x drop will be done. What would be better for an healer, Siren the Enchanter for 615 RCV and a greatly heals or Amaterasu Ohkami with a 336 RCV with an extremely heals?

J0dy77

I want to give rainbow keeper a try before 2x drop will be done. What would be better for an healer, Siren the Enchanter for 615 RCV and a greatly heals or Amaterasu Ohkami with a 336 RCV with an extremely heals?

Tough to say, you really want to be able to heal back to 70% for resolve with just auto heals before the keepers attack. Whichever one will auto heal for more I'd say. Not sure which that is though.

You also want to make sure you have enough damage to burn the knights. If you catch them on the same timer they could be a problem.

i believe siren is 3x RCV and Ama is 5x RCV. So with those numbers, Siren.

SirKhalid

Ok, thanks guys. Good to know about the 3x for Siren and 5x for Ohkami.

Edit: Hum, maybe I should have come with less HP. I am healing like 200 hp short each time. Hope I will be alright with matching hearts.

Ok, thanks guys. Good to know about the 3x for Siren and 5x for Ohkami.

Edit: Hum, maybe I should have come with less HP. I am healing like 200 hp short each time. Hope I will be alright with matching hearts.

That should give you enough time for sirens ability to come up, allowing you to get back up to full easily if youre in danger

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Been more casual about playing the game, though the 2x drop was nice I didn't go overboard today. A lucky 4/4 Rainbow Keepers without using any stones to refill over the day. Enough to evolve my Green Odin and both Minerva busty evolutions along with my second Neptune's. Still need mystic masks, of course. Rainbow dungeon is a breeze with Ammy + Green Odin, Zeus, Noble Mech, Lightning Holy Dragon and another random ripper.

/progress

Time to sleep.

Been more casual about playing the game, though the 2x drop was nice I didn't go overboard today. A lucky 4/4 Rainbow Keepers without using any stones to refill over the day. Enough to evolve my Green Odin and both Minerva busty evolutions along with my second Neptune's. Still need mystic masks, of course. Rainbow dungeon is a breeze with Ammy + Green Odin, Zeus, Noble Mech, Lightning Holy Dragon and another random ripper.

/progress

Time to sleep.
Nice. Same here. 4/4 on Rainbow drops. Only played with available stamina. No refills. I have 7 Rainbow Keepers now(2 favorited from using them in parties). Nothing in particular to evolve with them, yet, but it was good taking advantage of the 2x drop event. I've gotten a couple of Mystic Masks from just progressing through the normal dungeons, so don't really needs masks either. I'm really waiting on Plants day. Got a ton of Dragons clogging up my monster box. Ever since the godfest, my frantic pace has really slowed down. Just taking it easy now.

Nice. Same here. 4/4 on Rainbow drops. Only played with available stamina. No refills. I have 7 Rainbow Keepers now(2 favorited from using them in parties). Nothing in particular to evolve with them, yet, but it was good taking advantage of the 2x drop event. I've gotten a couple of Mystic Masks from just progressing through the normal dungeons, so don't really needs masks either. I'm really waiting on Plants day. Got a ton of Dragons clogging up my monster box. Ever since the godfest, my frantic pace has really slowed down. Just taking it easy now.

Haha same here, wonder what it was about godfest that made everyone feel the same. Maybe it's just that I now have almost every possible thing I want, so it's just a matter of time and patience before I max it out.

I'm also secretly afraid I'll max everything out before we ever get an update, so not wanting that to happen, I'm trying to slow down. I still plan to spend about 5-10 stones on dragon plant day though but otherwise I'm pretty chill

SirKhalid

That should give you enough time for sirens ability to come up, allowing you to get back up to full easily if youre in danger

Yeah, with Siren ability it helps for the keeper of darkness. Now for the keeper of rainbow, I am alright because he takes more turns to attack.

parasight

What the hell am I supposed to do with these five Keepers of Light. Nothing that needs them to evolve is even remotely close to that point.

If only we could trade :(

Went 2/2 on Rainbow Keepers today, but the one Keeper I wanted (Light) I couldn't get any. I guess Holy Dragon has to wait till next week to evolve.

KuroNeeko

Hahahaha Goemon's skill in 5.0 is the most hilarious shit I've ever read. Changes your ENTIRE board to fire orbs.

Yeah, sucks that my game got wiped and I can't play right now to see all the action. The good thing is when I do start up again, I can try to get one of these doods。

Their skills are ridiculous! I'll probably go for Chiyome (who my cat is loosely named after) or Persephone. The new blue Valkyrie (Hatsumenotsubome) is also pretty tempting.

And oh yeah, Light / Dark Pendragas finally!

Uthred

How does one use poison for the masks? does it carry over each round? (I always seem to wipe at least once on the mask dungeon each week). The light/dark pengdras mentioned are presumably japanese version only? I wonder when theyll update the english version

ParityBit

I finally beat the expert mask dungeon! No same timers, took my time, etc,etc.

Of course ... no rainbow mask drop.

le' sigh

Patience is running real thin with this game.

Kosh

‎[US] Jewel Dragons (20 Stamina) 2/13/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 11:00 Ruby 16:00 Sapphire 21:00 Emerald
B: 12:00 Sapphire 17:00 Emerald 22:00 Ruby
C: 8:00 Ruby 13:00 Sapphire 18:00 Emerald
D: 9:00 Sapphire 14:00 Emerald 19:00 Ruby
E: 10:00 Emerald 15:00 Ruby 20:00 Sapphire

TimeKillr

le' sigh

Yeah I did the same this morning... Sucks, but it's getting easier and easier to clear it (I'm really cheesing it with 4 poisoners...)

Keep at it! It's a 2x drop day too, so it's worth it.

Update : took down the Light Keeper. Now Rainbow's turn. About 1/3 way through his life. This is crazy monotonous.

I'll put my Shiva up after I beat this guy for the masks

Radav

Man I had a crazy good PAD day yesterday. Went 2/2 on Rainbow Keeper drops. Got 3 Dark Keepers (needed this pretty badly.) Got 2 skillups on my ADK and I got the Light Mech Dragon to drop on a random expert run I ran to level up. Time to stock up on Mystic Masks!

Man that 5.0 update to the game looks crazy. Can't wait until we start seeing this stuff come our way.

ParityBit

Yeah I did the same this morning... Sucks, but it's getting easier and easier to clear it (I'm really cheesing it with 4 poisoners...)

Keep at it! It's a 2x drop day too, so it's worth it.

Well I am done for a while. I have no stamina, and I refuse to spend real money on random chances (No offense to people who have!)

See if my luck changes next try, but based on my time/pool/stamina I will only get 2 more tries today, the exp is not enough to level me up either.

ToxicAdam

How does one use poison for the masks? does it carry over each round? (I always seem to wipe at least once on the mask dungeon each week). The light/dark pengdras mentioned are presumably japanese version only? I wonder when theyll update the english version

Nope. Only works on one round.

harrytang

Tomb of Saint Expert - Hades

can I run an odin healer team with keepers and and enchi?? or do i need dual resist and manual heal with a couple of sirens? i dont have a couple of sirens.

tried an odin and chaos dragon but maybe my health was still too low. got one hit and wipes out. had about 6500 hp.

any ideas welcome. would be nice to beat right now for stone but not essential.

Mashing

Man I had a crazy good PAD day yesterday. Went 2/2 on Rainbow Keeper drops. Got 3 Dark Keepers (needed this pretty badly.) Got 2 skillups on my ADK and I got the Light Mech Dragon to drop on a random expert run I ran to level up. Time to stock up on Mystic Masks!

Man that 5.0 update to the game looks crazy. Can't wait until we start seeing this stuff come our way.

Same. 2/2 Rainbow, 3 dark keepers, 1 light keeper.

I gotta run the fuck out of the thursday dungeon. I have a ton of pengdras and other evo's that need stuff from that dungeon.

Jinko

So it seems that JP get light and dark Pengdras in version 5! Very cool.

526617_10200563594677869_47589340_n.jpg
521641_10200563594197857_1003104724_n.jpg
404969_10200563593717845_1673688477_n.jpg
579639_10200563594517865_954885394_n.jpg

Well FU gungho.

I used a team of green Ogre (resolve), 2 low level green chimera, 2 low level stone knight and a friend green healer, and it's been quite easy.

Even if some of them have the same timer, if you prepare some groups the previous round (when you have only one enemy left), there is no problem. And I had two stone knights to change the red to green if there were any problem. The trick is not going to match-5, but get sure that each round you'll match a green.

Radav

0/2 on Mystic Masks so far this morning. FYI looks like Hera will be our special dungeon tomorrow for Valentine's Day.

Kosh

I'm wondering if I can take on Hera tomorrow with this and a Great Valk as friend leader. I'm just worried about getting through the first few stages if they come on short and at the same timers. Healer girls might be too low a level and I still need to max Siren's skill which I could work on today.

wPx0gpk.jpg

Radav

I'm wondering if I can take on Hera tomorrow with this and a Great Valk as friend leader. I'm just worried about getting through the first few stages if they come on short and at the same timers. Healer girls might be too low a level and I still need to max Siren's skill which I could work on today.

wPx0gpk.jpg

You'd be golden if you had a max skill Siren I think. I'm trying to figure out if I can hack it with a similar setup without a Valkyrie in the main team but using a 2nd siren. I'm thinking I'll have to wait till the next one though cause most of my monsters probably need a bunch more xp before they'd be ready.

IMG

KOSH, what Assist leader are you thinking about?

I am probably going to be using your Orochi tomorrow, and today I am trying to perfect a resolve team with a shiva (for defense removing on neptune), Harpy Demon, Lightning Chimera (evolved form), Siren leader with pretty close to max skill, and then a naga for menace (tried it with an echidna and her HP pushed me over the 50% healing of my Siren).

ToxicAdam

I won't spoil it for people, but I got bored this morning and finished off the Dark Technical dungeons. The last Vampire boss has a skill that will make you say WTF when he does it.

Still stuck on the last level of the Tower to the Sky. I desperately need a Dark/Light damage reducer to pass it and don't have any on my list. Raoit is the only one that occassionally puts one up (his Hades). The final boss Venus just keeps popping you with damage and I usually run out of hearts before I can kill her.

xCobalt

Im not ready but I'll try 2 different setups. Missing a second siren but I'm hoping that wont be a problem. Gonna try dark resist + Odin and great Valkyrie + viper. Gonna spend today gathering pengdras and ruby dragons to level up my echidna.

J0dy77

I won't spoil it for people, but I got bored this morning and finished off the Dark Technical dungeons. The last Vampire boss has a skill that will make you say WTF when he does it.

Still stuck on the last level of the Tower to the Sky. I desperately need a Dark/Light damage reducer to pass it and don't have any on my list. Raoit is the only one that occassionally puts one up (his Hades). The final boss Venus just keeps popping you with damage and I usually run out of hearts before I can kill her.

I just found out the Venus I've had forever final evolve cant turn into a light/dark reduction. Think I'm going to focus on getting those monsters involved after I finish my rippers.

Kosh

KOSH, what Assist leader are you thinking about?

I am probably going to be using your Orochi tomorrow, and today I am trying to perfect a resolve team with a shiva (for defense removing on neptune), Harpy Demon, Lightning Chimera (evolved form), Siren leader with pretty close to max skill, and then a naga for menace (tried it with an echidna and her HP pushed me over the 50% healing of my Siren).

I'm going to use a Great Valkyrie as assist leader. I'm good as long as I can match 3 RCV every turn against Hera. May have to spend a few stones on the beginning 1-4 rounds, but as long as I can get it down to one enemy and charge skills it shouldn't be too bad. More than likely I'll spend stones on Hera if I can't get 3 RCV gems in a turn since she hits you every turn.

I'm going to try to max Siren's skill and level them all as much as I can today.

J0dy77

le' sigh

Definitely take a deep breath and set some goals and try not to focus on one. I've been leveling and focusing on so many different things that it's hard to be bothered by one specific task. Witch's ball has been awful for me, can't get one of the 2 ladies to drop after countless runs. But I'm still making a ton of progress, new Chaos devil dragon, Basilisk evolve will be completed today along with my meteor dragon. Need to level my Siren. Slow progress but you can definitely feel it happening and it's very rewarding.

Level up your rippers that you posted. My team has been getting noticeably stronger week to week with just the simple progress from leveling those guys and using an ADK friend.

raiot

Hades is up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom