• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had good luck recently. With the help I got here I have been able to do both the Rainbow Keeper and the expert Mask dungeons. Got 2/2 Rainbow Keepers to drop yesterday and already have 2/2 Mystic Masks today. Running a little low on stones so I see a purchase in my future as I want to hit the jewel dungeons hard today.

With all the talk about more specials for Valentine's Day, do we expect the pal pulls to be better again? I only have 3 or 4 but I can hold them if I might get something nice (pulled a fruit last time).

Mudo

I've been plugging away at this game for around 40 days now, and I'm level 57. I have been working on levelling up my party for the last week (doing Metal Dragons mainly, when I see it, and farming for Evo materials). I have never looked up advice on party building, and right now it looks like this:

Leader: Siren Level 70 (not sure what I need for Evo so she's just chilling for now lol)
Marine Rider (blue/green) Level 38
Lilith (dark) Level 52
Indra (light) Level 32
Shiva (red) Level 20

So basically I have someone in every color. Is that a good idea? I'm having what I personally think is too much trouble beating dungeons - I'm on Twin Temple Diana right now. Should I make my party entirely 1 color? I have enough Fire to do that but no fire healer, but I do have enough Light and I got a Cupid so I have healing? I'm more worried about the lack of matching options even with the special abilities that change orbs? Any advice would be welcome.

Oh and I never did the level 20 trade thing. Does anyone want/need to do that with me? If so, just let me know how to do it.

ToxicAdam

I've been plugging away at this game for around 40 days now, and I'm level 57. I have been working on levelling up my party for the last week (doing Metal Dragons mainly, when I see it, and farming for Evo materials). I have never looked up advice on party building, and right now it looks like this:

Leader: Siren Level 70 (not sure what I need for Evo so she's just chilling for now lol)
Marine Rider (blue/green) Level 38
Lilith (dark) Level 52
Indra (light) Level 32
Shiva (red) Level 20

So basically I have someone in every color. Is that a good idea? I'm having what I personally think is too much trouble beating dungeons - I'm on Twin Temple Diana right now. Should I make my party entirely 1 color? I have enough Fire to do that but no fire healer, but I do have enough Light and I got a Cupid so I have healing? I'm more worried about the lack of matching options even with the special abilities that change orbs? Any advice would be welcome.

Oh and I never did the level 20 trade thing. Does anyone want/need to do that with me? If so, just let me know how to do it.

The one thing I noticed is a lack of lil' dragons. Have you been able to pull any from the PAL machine? If you had those dragons leveled up, alongside your Indra as a team leader .. you could have a very powerful team that can sponge a lot of damage.

You also need to evolve that Siren to the next level. I don't recall what it is, but it's probably a divine mask and dub-mythlit IIRC. At her next evolution she greatly heals you every time you match orbs. A very useful leader ability.

TimeKillr

The one thing I noticed is a lack of lil' dragons. Have you been able to pull any from the PAL machine? If you had those dragons leveled up, alongside your Indra as a team leader .. you could have a very powerful team that can sponge a lot of damage.

You also need to evolve that Siren to the next level. I don't recall what it is, but it's probably a divine mask and dub-mythlit IIRC. At her next evolution she greatly heals you every time you match orbs. A very useful leader ability.

Not even - it's MUCH simpler than that :)

It's a Divine Indigo Mask (get it today!), a Keeper of Water (sucks, you'll have to wait until next tuesday), one Mythlit (friday!) and two Sapphilit (friday again!).

She's pretty easy to evolve, and Siren the Enchantress is freaking awesome :)

Ferrio

Banned
So does the english version have any good dual monsters with dark? Seems we're missing a few.. I was going for an ifrit... but looks like it might not be in the game yet?

Boken

Banned
So does the english version have any good dual monsters with dark? Seems we're missing a few.. I was going for an ifrit... but looks like it might not be in the game yet?

You use fusion to get them, not evolution.

just add the evo cards into the fusion section and the button should light up

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

With dark as a second element? Ifrit does because I've evolved him myself. All 5 of those late game dragons. Minerva. Neptune.

And yeah, go here and put the correct evo materials in the power-up fusion screen, the fuse button text should turn yellowish.

With dark as a second element? Ifrit does because I've evolved him myself. All 5 of those late game dragons. Minerva. Neptune.

And yeah, go here and put the correct evo materials in the power-up fusion screen, the fuse button text should turn yellowish.

I checked out that link and noticed there is another evolution for the starter dragons. Is that in the US game?

0/2 on Mystic Masks so far this morning. FYI looks like Hera will be our special dungeon tomorrow for Valentine's Day.
That will be a pleasant surprise if true. She came around not too long ago, so I'd be surprised if she came again so soon. I missed out on her last time, because I didn't think I could beat that dungeon. But after clearing several Legendary technical dungeons, any normal dungeon should be doable. She'll fill in nicely for the Hades I never got. I got 2 max level/skill Harpy Demons that I raised just for this dungeon, but I'm thinking an Odin/Amaterasu team might be even better.

I checked out that link and noticed there is another evolution for the starter dragons. Is that in the US game?
Not yet.

That will be a pleasant surprise if true. She came around not too long ago, so I'd be surprised if she came again so soon. I missed out on her last time, because I didn't think I could beat that dungeon. But after clearing several Legendary technical dungeons, any normal dungeon should be doable. She'll fill in nicely for the Hades I never got. I got 2 max level/skill Harpy Demons that I raised just for this dungeon, but I'm thinking an Odin/Amaterasu team might be even better.

Not yet.

If you run Odin/Amaterasu, you need to have 16,500 HP includingl eader to survive Hades' attack. I actually was just playing with team configurations that I could run, and sadly the only way I can get enough HP with the team cost available to me is with 3 Rainbow Keepers. And since that will do 1 damage to everything, I'll probably just have to sit it out this time around. I'm close though. With 20 or so more ranks maybe I'll be able to evolve my Odin and Zeus, and level some more stuff up and be able to take it next time it comes around.

I was also considering an Odin / Sea Deity Neptune setup, but I don't have 2 maxed sirens. just 1 maxed siren and then I'd have to use Flare Drall for the other healer. Seems risky, so I'm not sure if I should try it. Might actually work though I guess.

Just realized I've had five King Golds burning a hole in my box space due to Lunar New Year and the gold dragon dungeon preceding it... should I feed it to Verche or my 4* ripper first?

Mudo

Nice ok, thanks! Actually I have a Lil' Black, White, Reg, Green dragon and I think i'm missing blue but I have a Shardra (my starter I think...). I got a couple of them to 3 stars and 1 to 4 stars but wasn't loving them. I guess I should pump them up and then try them out.

TimeKillr

So I've been working on a little sheet to help me plan out my evolutions and such.. If it works enough for people I might just give it out...

Essentially, you just put up what you want to evolve, list their materials and say how much of each material you already have, and it'll tell you how much of each material you need, which you need to farm, and where you can farm them. It's super helpful because having to track like 6-7 evolution trees made me forget all the freaking time.

And it's useful, because I know that I do not need to run the mask dungeons anymore today, since I know that I have all I need from them for my next evolutions.

If you run Odin/Amaterasu, you need to have 16,500 HP includingl eader to survive Hades' attack. I actually was just playing with team configurations that I could run, and sadly the only way I can get enough HP with the team cost available to me is with 3 Rainbow Keepers. And since that will do 1 damage to everything, I'll probably just have to sit it out this time around. I'm close though. With 20 or so more ranks maybe I'll be able to evolve my Odin and Zeus, and level some more stuff up and be able to take it next time it comes around.

I was also considering an Odin / Sea Deity Neptune setup, but I don't have 2 maxed sirens. just 1 maxed siren and then I'd have to use Flare Drall for the other healer. Seems risky, so I'm not sure if I should try it. Might actually work though I guess.
Yeah, I calculated that. The party I was thinking about using is Odin, Noble Mech, 2x Rainbow Keeper, Shiva(don't have a Neptune), and max level Amaterasu friend.

I'm currently short a little over 4000HP, but my Odin is only level 5, Noble Mech level 10, and Shiva level 12. They all have high HP when leveled, so I should get over the threshold when Plants come around and I can use up all these Dragons that are sitting in my box.

Mudo

Oh wait - do I have to do the expert version or can the Divine Indigo Mask drop in normal??

Yeah, I calculated that. The party I was thinking about using is Odin, Noble Mech, 2x Rainbow Keeper, Shiva(don't have a Neptune), and max level Amaterasu friend.

I'm currently short a little over 4000HP, but my Odin is only level 5, Noble Mech level 10, and Shiva level 12. They all have high HP when leveled, so I should get over the threshold when Plants come around and I can use up all these Dragons that are sitting in my box.

What's yoru rank? Needs to be at least 130 to have enough team cost for that.

Ferrio

Banned
Man my Amaterasu Ohkami is taking *lots* to level up now. Got her to 51 with 433 in healing. Put another +1 on her and it cost me like 50k gold...

Might have to start concentrating on leveling other stuff until I can support her needs.

Man my Amaterasu Ohkami is taking *lots* to level up now. Got her to 51 with 433 in healing. Put another +1 on her and it cost me like 50k gold...

Might have to start concentrating on leveling other stuff until I can support her needs.

This is when people start using +1 holders. Basically put a bunch of RCV +1s onto other monsters. Say maybe 5 +1 RCVs on each of 3 different monsters. Then feed each of those 3 monsters to her at once for +15 RCV at the cheaper rate.

The one time I just need a single Dragon Plant and Seed from the Thursday Dungeon, GH runs a 2x drop event so I get nothing but flowers and fruit. Oh, and tons of green carbuncles to rub it in.

Tried to buy some magic stones (on and iPhone 4S), and keep getting "unknown error" after I put in my password. WTF.

Edit: had to sign out of iTunes and sign back in. Derp.

daemissary

Finally got all five rippers up to 5 stars, that Holy Dragon took forever with no white pengdras and very infrequent gold dragon dungeons.

Feels soooooo good.

OTIX

Had to do expert masks four times before I finally got the green divine mask I needed. At least it's quick and easy with a Shiva, I've even stopped using resolve since there's no need for it. Used an autohealer and a levelled up team so in the unlikely case that I get a random mystic mask on the first round I'd at least have a chance.

Finally got all five rippers up to 5 stars, that Holy Dragon took forever with no white pengdras and very infrequent gold dragon dungeons.

Feels soooooo good.

can't wait man. I got 1, but I seem to be delayed by Siren/DK evo's

Had to do expert masks four times before I finally got the green divine mask I needed. At least it's quick and easy with a Shiva, I've even stopped using resolve since there's no need for it. Used an autohealer and a levelled up team so in the unlikely case that I get a random mystic mask on the first round I'd at least have a chance.

what was your setup? Shiva/Healer/Rippers?

So I've been working on a little sheet to help me plan out my evolutions and such.. If it works enough for people I might just give it out...

Essentially, you just put up what you want to evolve, list their materials and say how much of each material you already have, and it'll tell you how much of each material you need, which you need to farm, and where you can farm them. It's super helpful because having to track like 6-7 evolution trees made me forget all the freaking time.

And it's useful, because I know that I do not need to run the mask dungeons anymore today, since I know that I have all I need from them for my next evolutions.

I'd certainly be interested in your planning sheet. In the meantime, I went ahead and figured out what I wanted to focus on. I needed another Mystic Mask so I ran the dungeon a 3rd time and sam still batting 1.000! Unfortunately, to do everything I want I still need a fair amount of xp (looking forward to the jewel dungeon for that) and a couple of keepers (wait til next week). I'm also going to need 4 fruits (hope the drop rate helps tomorrow) and 4 flowers (that should be no problem). Then it is on to Friday and hoping for some mythlits as well as red & purple dublits.

Trade feature for evo materials please? :)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I just cheese my way through Wednesday&Friday with Ogre, 3 nagas, marine rider (my only dual element :lol) and a siren friend. I don't even care about saving up anymore, because if I get multiple masks on the same timer in rounds 3+, I just activate one of the nagas for 5 extra turns and that'll be more than enough to get rid of at least all but one. and because I got 3 nagas I don't have to worry about the cooldown if I use them in Round 4, because the others are up for round 5 anyway. -shrug- So much easier than waiting for the Shiva cooldown and risking accidentally killing a wave too early :D

TimeKillr

I did expert mask like 3 times today, and got 2 drops.

I can see the stupidly overpowered power of 4 poisoners. It's so ridiculous (especially when all 4 are Dark!)

I keep my Siren the Enchantress as my leader, then usually get a dark friend leader (just for the increased damage in the first few turns to ensure I don't get hit twice by the masks) and then I just do matches for the poison skills.. As soon as that's done, it's game over, the rest of the dungeon goes by in like 5 seconds.

It's fun to just abuse shit like this. I'm going to use this team to do dragon dungeons too, as they go by so fast using this technique.. It's either that or go ADK, but I'm slowly in the process of leveling my stone knight to ADK status that it's not really worth it for now...

And are we (I mean US PAD) getting another god fest tomorrow? If we do, I might do one final giant push to buy more stones and hopefully get a few of the gods I still want then just call it quits on rare pulls for at least a month or so...

I did expert mask like 3 times today, and got 2 drops.

I can see the stupidly overpowered power of 4 poisoners. It's so ridiculous (especially when all 4 are Dark!)

I keep my Siren the Enchantress as my leader, then usually get a dark friend leader (just for the increased damage in the first few turns to ensure I don't get hit twice by the masks) and then I just do matches for the poison skills.. As soon as that's done, it's game over, the rest of the dungeon goes by in like 5 seconds.

It's fun to just abuse shit like this. I'm going to use this team to do dragon dungeons too, as they go by so fast using this technique.. It's either that or go ADK, but I'm slowly in the process of leveling my stone knight to ADK status that it's not really worth it for now...

And are we (I mean US PAD) getting another god fest tomorrow? If we do, I might do one final giant push to buy more stones and hopefully get a few of the gods I still want then just call it quits on rare pulls for at least a month or so...

No god fest tomorrow. Hera dungeon instead

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
If Hera dungeon is coming I'm ready this time. Max Ammy + Awakened Odin leaders, 2x Rainbow Keeper, Heavenly Neptune, Noble Mech. A bit over 17k HP.

Mad jelly looking at all the special events [JP] gets. 2x King Gold Dragon appearance? Skill ups? Damn, man. Yes, this is an update rant post. Come at me.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Mad jelly looking at all the special events [JP] gets. 2x King Gold Dragon appearance? Skill ups? Damn, man. Yes, this is an update rant post. Come at me.

We'll get them in time, we're waaaay ahead of schedule compared to Japan anyway, so I'm not mad.

What's yoru rank? Needs to be at least 130 to have enough team cost for that.
140. I ran the Master Tri Color dungeon a bunch of times over the weekend to rank-up and amass a ton of gold so I could afford to raise and roster all the gods I pulled.

6POXq1x.jpg

To take CPP's advice further, I devised a system that makes it easier for me to keep track of stat bonuses while also reducing my gold expenditure.

I have 1 each of red, blue, and green slimes which max out at only level 10. I feed ATK to the red slime, RCV to the blue one, and HP to the green one. The colors make it easier to remember which slime holds which stats, because those are colors I commonly associate with each stat. Red/Attack, Blue/Healing, Green/Health. When a slime gets to the appropriate stat bonus, I'll finally feed it to the monster I want to have that stat. It still gets expensive(my +14 ATK slime costs about 11K gold when fed a stat bonus), but it's still way cheaper than feeding a high level monster.

The one time I just need a single Dragon Plant and Seed from the Thursday Dungeon, GH runs a 2x drop event so I get nothing but flowers and fruit. Oh, and tons of green carbuncles to rub it in.
Ah! Didn't think about that, but I guess it's obvious now, since they've been running 2x events for all the daily dungeons. At least the Dragon Fruit is good for 5000 base exp, and 7500 exp for Wood monsters. But yeah, I want to farm Plants mainly. Who'd have thought a 2x event could ever be bad?

If Hera dungeon is coming I'm ready this time. Max Ammy + Awakened Odin leaders, 2x Rainbow Keeper, Heavenly Neptune, Noble Mech. A bit over 17k HP.
Yup. Same here. Running the exact same team, except with Shiva instead of Neptune since I don't have one. But with Shiva and a nuke for emergency backup, I should be able to 1-shot Neptune and carry Shiva's skill activation over to Hades for a turn. I just gotta wait until Plant day so I can level up my monsters to get over the 16,500HP threshold.

140. I ran the Master Tri Color dungeon a bunch of times over the weekend to rank-up and amass a ton of gold so I could afford to raise and roster all the gods I pulled.

So is that a good way to rank up? How many stones / rank were you spending? I'm like 108 but it goes really slow now. I'd be willing to spend 20 stones to get 20 ranks, for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom