• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

xCobalt

Anyone doing Resist+Odin with only one siren? How's it working out so far? That's what I'm planning to do...just waiting on my stamina to recharge.

Anyone doing Resist+Odin with only one siren? How's it working out so far? That's what I'm planning to do...just waiting on my stamina to recharge.

Don't do it unless you have stones. I'm doing Siren + Flare Drall (also has orb change, but not maxed) and it's VERY risky. Died twice on Hera so far, but the Flare Drall has already saved my ass at least 4 times. She's almost down, so I expect this to end up being a 2-3 stone clear, so make it 8-9 if you don't have a second siren.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Gonna be a single stone clear for me. Currently whittling down Hera. Got fucked in one of the pre-boss rounds with enemies all on the same timer.

b0neshank

Banned
I am just to the point where unless I buy stones i don't really have many creatures that I have seen that are lootable. Next to the Succubus and the MechDragons I have most of the 3* types that you can loot. Are there any dungeons that have the potential to drop 4* or God Types? I have explored www.puzzledragonx.com and I'm not seeing much for loot tables.

Definitely understand the feeling, but I would argue that the rare egg machine is probably not even the best way to get a Succubus. If you consider the sheer number of monsters that are in the machine, the odds of pulling out a specific one that you want are astronomically low.

Drop rates definitely suck, but one thing interesting about this game is that there's enough diversity in monsters that you can almost always find a substitute that will suffice. It may not be optimal, but it should usually work. And with the ability to use friends as Helpers, your friends can often fill in whatever gaps you have.

So, with that out of the way, there are a couple of other ways to get Succubus. Notably, the Pal machine (although I agree the odds here are definitely not in your favor), but even more importantly the dark mech dragon dungeon (which should come around in a week or so). The Dark Mech dragon dungeon is almost hands down going to be the best chance for you to acquire a Succubus, because a) the base chance is already pretty reasonable (maybe 8-10% on Expert in my estimate), and also it can go on 2x drop rate.

Of course statistics by their very nature don't guarantee you anything no matter how many times you try something, but if you do really want a Succubus, I would try to hold out until Dark Mechdragon comes around, and try to hit it full force in hopes of a drop.

oCLyRF5l.jpg

3 stones, all 3 on hera, and all 3 because i was using flare drall instead of siren as my second healer

Here was my team

T8BBMxnl.jpg

xelios

Congrats! Still chipping away mindlessly myself. She's a little under 1/2 health.

Kosh

Grats, ccp. I'm on Hades, but have to take a break to go out to eat and the grocery store. Hope I can finish this up tonight.

I am just to the point where unless I buy stones i don't really have many creatures that I have seen that are lootable. Next to the Succubus and the MechDragons I have most of the 3* types that you can loot. Are there any dungeons that have the potential to drop 4* or God Types? I have explored www.puzzledragonx.com and I'm not seeing much for loot tables.

Theres a dragon guardian special dungeon right now, pretty good chance to drop a mystic stone kmight, which eventually becomes one of the strongest and most versatile monsters in the game. Various other monsters like Siren and some other healers can be dropped. And the Lil' colored dragons, which are some of the best monsters in the game, come from the pal machine.

Youre right that most of the gods and many 4-5 star monsters come from the machine exclusively. They do stone giveaways regularly, but given the cost of pulling, its still a crapshoot whether youll get something good. That being said, theres almost nothing "bad" per se in the machine. Alot of people are disappointed when they pull something that isnt a god or 5*, but really every single thing in there is an upgrade in some form or another.

raiot

Got my Hera too, but it was more expensive then yours... 6 stones but I guess it's still ok. Sadly I only got Hera and no knights:(

I even got a skillup from that Mystic Flame Knight. So now my ADK is 1 level away from max, and the Mystic Flame Knight is 2 levels away from max. :D

ToxicAdam

If you are unhappy, you can always reroll. I rerolled my first account after I cleared castle of Satan and was level 50. With your knowledge of the game, you can zoom back to where you are now.

It's also important to remember that when most monsters drop,they do their most basic form. So, you can find Gods (like Verche) in special dungeons ... Bu he is going to be in his basic form. Same with all the healers .... They can all be had, but they will be in 3* forms.

blackflag

I am with an enchilada and 2 rainbow keepers. It's perfectly fine. Even when I forget to heal I have enough oh shit buttons. Boss has a shit ton of health though so it's gonna take awhile to kill it

xelios

Ammy will be up all day in case anyone wants to use her. Congrats to everyone who already defeated Hera and best of luck to those trying or who plan to try!

Single stone clear. Died in a pre-boss round by everything being on the same timer and me not having skills charged. The bosses were all mindless orb matching, waiting on Neptune's poison to work its magic and Noble Mech/Odin's skills to charge. It took me so long because I took breaks and was chatting on Steam the entire time. I think it would have went by much faster if there was any threat of death.

This was my team, with 16,497 HP. Hades brought me down to 70 HP every 6 rounds, so you don't actually need 16.5k HP. I was freaking out when I saw I was 3 HP short until I went and did the calculations. Ammy healed 3,560 HP each round so there was no issue there.

photo1nnukc.png

Thumb of full screen showing stones upon entrance:

Came out even for clearing, of course:

photo2bxunn.png

I am with an enchilada and 2 rainbow keepers. It's perfectly fine. Even when I forget to heal I have enough oh shit buttons. Boss has a shit ton of health though so it's gonna take awhile to kill it

I don't imagine a Dark Dragon Knight+Odin with Siren, Echidna, and 2 Rainbow Keepers would work, would it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot the rainbow keepers are 25 each. Odin ain't cheap either. No way to field that team.

Radav

Congrats guys! Can't wait till this comes around the next time. My 2nd Siren is oh soo close to being capped hopefully will finish that today and I'm planning on just farming XP crap for my Hera team members till I feel like they're all set. Odin's going to be the biggest pain. What do you guys do once you start to get into the really high XP levels? I guess just kings/evolved pengdras x5 every time you power it up?

OTIX

How do rare pull events work? Will there be a new one right away when this light one ends?

What about pal pulls, currently the are extra evo materials, are there better events to save pal pulls for?

Yaari

Got my Hera, but I had something stupid happen. I was on the first run and cleared stages 1-4. Then I decided to take a break and put my phone on lock. So a bit later I get back to it, and was back in Stage 1 again.

Then it took me 2 stones and 30 minutes to get back to the first boss again. Does anyone know why this happened? I got really angry, lol.

ccbfan

Anyone have a flare drall they could put up for a few minutes?

I really want to finish the last Hyperion Lava Flow Level.

How do rare pull events work? Will there be a new one right away when this light one ends?

What about pal pulls, currently the are extra evo materials, are there better events to save pal pulls for?

Every week or so one of the elements gains an approximately 50% boosted pull rate. The order usually goes Fire -> Water -> Grass -> Light -> Dark -> Fire.

During special events, like holidays, anniversaries, and milestones, the game increases the chances to pull select Gods to 300%. These Godfests are also the only time you can pull Green Odin and Blue Odin.

During both bonuses events occasionally they'll throw in bonuses, like "may appear at LV30" or "may appear as the 6* evolution instead".

PAL pulls only get "may drop evo material" during special events from my experience, and it's for these times that you should save up your PAL rolls for, cause everything else tends to be poop. You stop gaining PAL points at 50 pulls, so feel free to spend them when that happens.

blackflag

Finished mine up. Died 2 times.

Got mystic dark knight and Hera.

Much more excited about the knight. Been needing for my ADK and dark teams. I could still use another.

OTIX

Every week or so one of the elements gains an approximately 50% boosted pull rate. The order usually goes Fire -> Water -> Grass -> Light -> Dark -> Fire.

During special events, like holidays, anniversaries, and milestones, the game increases the chances to pull select Gods to 300%. These Godfests are also the only time you can pull Green Odin and Blue Odin.

During both bonuses events occasionally they'll throw in bonuses, like "may appear at LV30" or "may appear as the 6* evolution instead".

PAL pulls only get "may drop evo material" during special events from my experience, and it's for these times that you should save up your PAL rolls for, cause everything else tends to be poop. You stop gaining PAL points at 50 pulls, so feel free to spend them when that happens.
Thanks, I guess I'll spend my stones now then. Overall the possible light pulls seem better than dark.

ccbfan

Anyone have a flare drall they could put up for a few minutes?

I really want to finish the last Hyperion Lava Flow Level.

ToxicAdam

I just noticed my iPad screen protector is discolored in a nice neat square pattern where the PAD play area is. Lol

Plus there are 8 very distinct circles within that.

xCobalt

Just got Hera. Spent about 3 stones total so its not a bad trade off. I used the odin + resist team with an Echidna replacing the second siren.

Just picked up a second hera. Feels good to be done with that dungeon. Probably wont go back unless i get strong enough to beat it in <30 minutes, in which case maybe i can farm it for skilling up hera

ToxicAdam

Logged in tonight and had exactly 40 stamina, so I took that as a sign ...

That was pretty grueling. 5 stones to get It done. Wasted 2 on Venus and 2 on Hera.

Team -

Odin leader

Siren
Enchilada
Keeper
Holy ripper

Busty neptune helper

Another siren or enchilada would have made this a 0 stone effort. There were just a few times where I was waiting on one or the other tot charge up and that's when I would get wiped.

blackflag

Logged in tonight and had exactly 40 stamina, so I took that as a sign ...

That was pretty grueling. 5 stones to get It done. Wasted 2 on Venus and 2 on Hera.

Team -

Odin leader

Siren
Enchilada
Keeper
Holy ripper

Busty neptune helper

Another siren or enchilada would have made this a 0 stone effort. There were just a few times where I was waiting on one or the other tot charge up and that's when I would get wiped.

Yeah mine was the same as yours but I had an extra keeper instead of ripper. I need to level and evolve my other 2 enchiladas. If I used all 3 it would be insane.

Farmed 2 Heras, but damn that was tedious as hell! Also, I didn't take into account the increased team cost of Awoken Odin vs regular Odin(a whopping 45 cost!). I had to evolve him to get over the 16500HP threshold, but then my team cost became too high for the team I planned on using. I panicked at first, but luckily I had a Flame Mech Warrior Jotunn with 3141HP and only 17 team cost to substitute for my second Rainbow Keeper. Glad that's over with. I won't be playing this dungeon again until I can roster a team that can do it faster. A couple of maxed out Heras would definitely do the trick, but that's not happening for a while.

Farmed 2 Heras, but damn that was tedious as hell! Also, I didn't take into account the increased team cost of Awoken Odin vs regular Odin(a whopping 45 cost!). I had to evolve him to get over the 16500HP threshold, but then my team cost became too high for the team I planned on using. I panicked at first, but luckily I had a Flame Mech Warrior Jotunn with 3141HP and only 17 team cost to substitute for my second Rainbow Keeper. Glad that's over with. I won't be playing this dungeon again until I can roster a team that can do it faster. A couple of maxed out Heras would definitely do the trick, but that's not happening for a while.

I almost made the same mistake, lol. Farmed about 100 emerald dragons and pengdras planning to pump them all straight into Odin. Maxed him out and was ready to evolve him then I was like OH SHIT WAIT. Luckily I caught it before I evolved him. Instead I used the rest of those pengdras for my GED and my Wind Mech. Don't think I'll be able to support Awoken Odin until about rank 130 or so.

There's a bit of a special event going on in JP PAD right now. In addition to a godfest happening (celebrating 800m downloads and includes the Greek gods), right now is also Murakore, which is when the lead artist of PAD picks a bunch of monsters (usually 5* and gods), and those ALSO get a 3x drop boost.

Fairlion.
Succubus.
Vampire.
Vampire.
Yomi! One of the Godfest monsters.

I still have two more pulls left to do, but that'll have to wait for tomorrow because I am out of box space and will need tomorrow's free stone to expand it.

I now have three Vampires.

So I can't decide where to focus my efforts right now. Will reference the following screenshot:

wyIBL4Ul.jpg

Option 1) Level up / evolve the *'ed monsters

Option 2) Power up to rank 130ish. I suspect this would take about 20 stones (1 stone per rank) running 3rd stage of Oceanus Falls

Option 3) Run the Dragon Guardian dungeon to max out the skill of a second ADK (already have 1 at max skill not shown)

Option 4) Advance through normal dungeons (currently at Kronos Forest)

Thoughts?

There's a bit of a special event going on in JP PAD right now. In addition to a godfest happening (celebrating 800m downloads and includes the Greek gods), right now is also Murakore, which is when the lead artist of PAD picks a bunch of monsters (usually 5* and gods), and those ALSO get a 3x drop boost.

Fairlion.
Succubus.
Vampire.
Vampire.
Yomi! One of the Godfest monsters.

I still have two more pulls left to do, but that'll have to wait for tomorrow because I am out of box space and will need tomorrow's free stone to expand it.

I now have three Vampires.

480178_10151454359041774_1125757654_n.jpg

Just out of curiosity, what are the prices of Japanese magic stones compared to US magic stones. What is the biggest pack you can buy and how many Yen does it cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom