• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
85 Magic Stones costs $59.99 using whatever bizarre currency conversion playing JP PAD on a US iPhone induces. Same as the US version I guess.

Yea but if you're playing a Japanese version of the gane, then 85 magic stones doesn't cost $60, it costs some amount of Yen doesn't it? There's no way the price of stones in Japan is tied to the US dollar and constantly fluctuates so that it always remains exactly equivalent to $60 USD

Found the yen amount on the iTunes Store; it's ¥5,200 for 85 stones, which at the current exchange rate is 56.19 USD. Which means that guy spent around $3,966.

Managed to barely squeak by the evo material for my Succubus, which freed up enough box space for my final two rolls.
Shaitan and Indra.

Looks like I was 1/7 on hitting something on the Godfest/Murakore list. Could have at least given me some of those sengoku knights, PAD...

Not looking forward to collecting all 12 Violet Demon Masks to evolve my Vampires.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
GungHo are such trolls. Have all weekday dungeons on 2x drops... Except Friday, where I need most "rare" drops from. -facepalm-

raiot

I didn't realize you could actually get NOT A SINGLE drop from the ADK dungeon. No knight, no demon, no moneychest, NOTHING! :D

Nista

Huh seriously, it's another metal dragon day and no x2 on sprites? Meh, maybe I should run dragon guardian today instead.

So how many should I keep to evolve up to ADK? 2 or 3?

Caerith

Question. I got a Lil White Dragon from a gift exchange, and am working on leveling/evolving it towards its ultimate form (Lightning Holy Dragon). Right now, it's on its second form (White Dragon), which has the same skill as the first form-- both use Flash Ball. I'm getting close to evolving it to its third phase (Holy Dragon) where its skill will change to Thunder Ball, before I can evolve it for the last time to get its ultimate skill (Holy Ball).

Okay, so that's clear, it evolves three times and changes skill twice, right?

I just got a second Lil White Dragon. I know I can feed it to my current White Dragon for a chance of skill up, because they both use Flash Ball. If I get Flash Ball to level 2, will the skill level carry over? I know it carries over when the skill is the same (for instance, I fed a Naga to a Naga then evolved her and still have level 2 Menace), but will the skill level carry over when the skill changes at evolution?

TL;DR version: should I evolve two Lightning Holy Dragons and feed them to each other, or should I feed a bunch of Lil White Dragons to each other then evolve into Lightning Holy?

Yaari

Can we all agree that the droprate in the ADK dungeon are much worse than on day 1? I gathered 6 that day, and none after that. And alot of people had the same problem.

Uthred

Can we all agree that the droprate in the ADK dungeon are much worse than on day 1? I gathered 6 that day, and none after that. And alot of people had the same problem.

Ran it 10 times the first day, got exactly zero stone knight drops, ran it randomly once yesterday and got 1. I think theyre the same.

Boken

Banned
Spent 6 stones to get 2 hera and a dark mystic knight. Its definitely pretty easy with a valk team

used 1 on refill because first floor was two demons on the same counter and 5 on stupid mistakes like zoning out and not healing, accidentally touching my screen so not healing and assuming two devils wouldnt one shot me... ugh

overall pretty good i guess. though im at 0 stones now....

ToxicAdam

I just got a second Lil White Dragon. I know I can feed it to my current White Dragon for a chance of skill up, because they both use Flash Ball. If I get Flash Ball to level 2, will the skill level carry over?

Unfortunately no. It doesn't carry over once the skill changes.

You may want to save that second lil white dragon for the future to create a second Holy Ripper. They are very useful and you will encounter many 'all-dark' dungeons.

Yaari

Does anyone know on what day the Tech dungeon gets the droprate boost? I mean the Noble Tech one. I am running out of time to get him, need to do it during those improved odds. I guess Hera might be an awesome new addition to my team there.

Same question for the ADK dungeon. I want to put some stones into farming that, but only during the improved rates.

Radav

Your best bet would be this weekend sometime for either. Although last weekend I don't remember the tech dungeons getting an increase at all. Luckily for me I just happened to grab my noble mech without it.

Damn I was really hoping for jewel dragons I need a rather large number of emeralds and a couple sapphire to level up some stuff. My crazy goodluck this week continued last night when I maxed the skill on my 2nd siren after dumping less then 20 goblins into it total. This was quite nice to see after the first one took me at least 70 or more.

Kosh

‎[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 2/15/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 09:00 14:00 19:00
B: 10:00 15:00 20:00
C: 11:00 16:00 21:00
D: 12:00 17:00 22:00
E: 08:00 13:00 18:00

ToxicAdam

I was kind of shocked to see that one of Hera's evo mats is a King metal dragon. Actually, all of her mats were kind of surprising. Only 2 Dark Keepers, 2 Divine Masks and the King.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Got my Hera, under 10 stones (I think 7? 8?) which I expected, since I was doing the Odin + Ammy method and had under 16.5k HP (meaning Hades would 100% kill me when he hit). Was actually very easy, if you're willing to spend the stones. Time to farm dragons. Would have been better had I not mistakenly picked a stupid green dragon.

Metal Dragons again? dammit Gungho! I farmed the hell out of plants yesterday and I demand some Jeweled Dragons!!

side : Best place for Mythlits is friday dungeon adept...or is there something better? I knew quite a few...

ccbfan

Well 0 for 10 for the double rainbow spirit. (Including 0 for 8 from last weeks 2x drop)

I feel like I have to hit every extremely unlucky point in this game for it lets me go on.

J0dy77

I love my enchilada. She's a life saver in many battles.

I just wish I had 2. :p

I've been running Witche's ball heavily since the 2x drop last weekend, still haven't found either Witch. I will have her. Does anyone know if there are better drop rates for either lilith or enchilada outside of witch's?

ToxicAdam

side : Best place for Mythlits is friday dungeon adept...or is there something better? I knew quite a few...

The tech dungeons have them, but the drop rates are pretty poor and they never have 2x events.

I've been running Witche's ball heavily since the 2x drop last weekend, still haven't found either Witch. I will have her. Does anyone know if there are better drop rates for either lilith or enchilada outside of witch's?

I got my Naga during a 2x event in the Fire mech dungeon.

I'm waiting for the Dark mech dungeon to get my Lillith. I ran witches ball 30-40 times and never got a drop. F that.

Radav

Ok so all I need is 2 sapphelits to evolve my 2nd Siren. Should I spend more stamina running the Friday dungeon in the hopes I get the 2 I need or would I be better off spending my stamina on the dungeon of water? I already ran the Friday dungeon 6 times to no avail. I'd rather not waist another 60 stamina to come up with nothing. I already have enough mythlits for what I need and I have plenty of the other colors of sprites.

Ok so all I need is 2 sapphelits to evolve my 2nd Siren. Should I spend more stamina running the Friday dungeon in the hopes I get the 2 I need or would I be better off spending my stamina on the dungeon of water? I already ran the Friday dungeon 6 times to no avail. I'd rather not waist another 60 stamina to come up with nothing. I already have enough mythlits for what I need and I have plenty of the other colors of sprites.

IMO if you are searching for a specific kind its better running the first tier 3rd stage dungeons. You can run that twice for the same stamina and guarantee at least that *-lit will SHOW UP. Dropping is another story, but i've found it only takes a few.

Plus, you get less enemies that show up in each battle compared to the friday dungeon = higher change of the lit dropping.

Radav

IMO if you are searching for a specific kind its better running the first tier 3rd stage dungeons. You can run that twice for the same stamina and guarantee at least that *-lit will SHOW UP. Dropping is another story, but i've found it only takes a few.

Plus, you get less enemies that show up in each battle compared to the friday dungeon = higher change of the lit dropping.

Yeah Im thinking you're right. I wasted a boatload of stamina to come up with nothing earlier. To the Dungeon of Water!

J0dy77

The tech dungeons have them, but the drop rates are pretty poor and they never have 2x events.

I got my Naga during a 2x event in the Fire mech dungeon.

I'm waiting for the Dark mech dungeon to get my Lillith. I ran witches ball 30-40 times and never got a drop. F that.

I'm way passed the 30-40 mark but I've learned a lot of patience with this game. Witch's ball is pretty good experience at 2100+ exp for 9 stamina. It provides good feeders for the pengdras and I have the very very slim shot at the one of the ladies. I use it as my filler dungeon.

Congrats on your Odin evolve Adam, saw that on my friend list.

Made it through the Expert Friday dungeon this morning. Used a chaos dragon knight with my siren leader and ripper team. I really didn't want to come up with a gimmick team for it. Felt good to have enough burn to get through the 4th stage finally.

MicH

Got 3 Dub-Mythlits at the Friday dungeon and decided to my first ultimate evolution! I actually did three, and they're so much more awesome than their original form.

GG3HKgpl.png
jPlYLn0l.png
aiT66qvl.png

Now I'm gonna put all my attention towards the Noble Mech dragon. I need it, I will be so sad if I it goes away and I don't get it seeing as I put so much time and stamina into it :(

Running the regular Friday dungeon right now. I needed 3 rubylits, got 2 real fast and then went about 5-6 tries before I got my third. I also need 5-6 mythlits. I was all excited because of the 2x drop rate until I noticed that it was no longer there :(. I have pulled 3 of them at least and am about to move to the expert dungeon.

Running the regular Friday dungeon right now. I needed 3 rubylits, got 2 real fast and then went about 5-6 tries before I got my third. I also need 5-6 mythlits. I was all excited because of the 2x drop rate until I noticed that it was no longer there :(. I have pulled 3 of them at least and am about to move to the expert dungeon.

if you need a specific one, try the first tier dungeons. Less monster = higher rate of *lit drop for half the stamina.

Yeah, if all I needed was the regular lits that is what I would do. I needed some mythlits though (got all but 2) and now I need some dubs. I haved managed to get 3 to drop but only 1 is a color I needed. 2 dub-amelits and I can dual-color my evolved Neptune!

Mashing

I almost made the same mistake, lol. Farmed about 100 emerald dragons and pengdras planning to pump them all straight into Odin. Maxed him out and was ready to evolve him then I was like OH SHIT WAIT. Luckily I caught it before I evolved him. Instead I used the rest of those pengdras for my GED and my Wind Mech. Don't think I'll be able to support Awoken Odin until about rank 130 or so.

How do you farm that much without spending a crap load of stones?

How do you farm that much without spending a crap load of stones?

good question, let me know if you figure it out :p

in all seriousness though it doesnt require THAT many stones. the higher your rank is, the further a single bar of stamina goes. But 10 stones a week on stamina is probably par for the course if im really pushi g. Then ill take it easy for a while and not spend any on stamina

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I went ahead and got a second Hera as well. Went into the dungeon before I went to sleep last night and finished it when I woke up today. Need to do Friday dungeon for several evolutions but I'm lazy and also don't want to spend stones to refill stamina...

MicH

Three runs through the second level in the fire technical dungeon and no Pengdras. Damn it, give me dem Pengdras!

Caerith

Are any of the dark-element eggs from the rare machine really good, or should I hold on to my stones for when it changes colors again?

TimeKillr

Yeah sometimes it takes forever for them to drop in those dungeons. :(

I decided I was going to do the light mechdragon on technical master. I only had to spend one stone, on the evolved chimera fight, when the bastard bound my light ripper for 4 turns and completely disabled my 50% light damage reduction, then one-shot me. I figured I had gone that far and couldn't really go back!

My team is my holy light ripper, an evolved Lilith, a rainbow keeper (that eats up a TON of cost but it's saved my life more than once), my green ripper (because you always need 20k more damage!) and a Myth-dublit because, well, it has a 1 cost and I had 2 cost left after the rest of my characters.

In retrospect I could've probably better spent the cost from my lilith, which as awesome as she is, is not *that* useful in this dungeon. My echidna would've probably served me better.

Those damn harpies are stupid annoying, though. Hit hard, on a one-turn timer, and can bind all my dark? Ugh.

I'm on the 9th level fighting 2 light carbuncles that can heal themselves. Can they heal themselves more than once?

ToxicAdam

I'm on the 9th level fighting 2 light carbuncles that can heal themselves. Can they heal themselves more than once?

Nope, only once.

Who is your helper on this run? I hope you have double reduction, because the Light Mech is going to rip you open once he does his consecutive attacks.

TimeKillr

Nope, only once.

Who is your helper on this run? I hope you have double reduction, because the Light Mech is going to rip you open once he does his consecutive attacks.

I'm running with my Holy Lightning Dragon as my main, and my helper is a good ammy from a guy on SA.

I'm getting healed for 1600+ a turn, and I'm only in actual danger if there's no possible hearts 3+ turns in a row. So far he's down to half health and it's just been a breeze, just VERRRRY long.

I hope I get the drop!

And... drumroll...

So... I ended up burning like 8 stones on the boss, but GOD DAMN it was worth it.

I'll make some people hate me, but this was my 2nd attempt on him overall. I did one adept one and one technical master one and got it.... I can't use him for a little while but it'll be really cool when I can. :)

Thanks. Are Ammy and Valk the only really good gacha-exclusive eggs?

Most of what people think of as the best endgame stuff is all gacha exclusive. The Mystic Knights, the Healers (Lilith, Alraune, Siren, Archangel, Echidna), Vampire, and the ripper dragons (Lil' Black Dragon, Lil' Red Dragon, etc) are probably the only good endgame monsters that AREN'T gacha exclusive.

TimeKillr

Most of what people think of as the best endgame stuff is all gacha exclusive. The Mystic Knights, the Healers (Lilith, Alraune, Siren, Archangel, Echidna), Vampire, and the ripper dragons (Lil' Black Dragon, Lil' Red Dragon, etc) are probably the only good endgame monsters that AREN'T gacha exclusive.

What about the metal dragons? Granted their cost is insanely high, but they have incredibly good stats.. They pretty much define endgame... (that said since I just got one I'm being a bitch and I want to use him but my total cost is like 68...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom