• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has a water/light damage reducer they can put up I would appreciate it. I'm stalled out in the Ocean of Heaven dungeon.

looking for dual? i have -30% water and -30%light, but not both.

Today is a good day :

iGnqsxNeBju3w.png

Finally got her evolved. Now to get my ADK, then finish my Rippers!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I put my Heavenly Neptune up just now if you want to use it.

you have Hera, which is almost as good. dont feel bad about not pulling, i dont :). theres actually 2 monsters i want - yomi and hades. but im not pulling again until the update, because i know ill blow at least another few hundred dollars after the update, and maybe ill get them (or something better) then

That's good advice, thanks. Not worth pulling when you're only missing a handful. Odds are it'd take hundreds just to get what you're looking for. At least with a patch there'd be a bigger pool of ones I'm missing. I'm missing Hades, Venus, Thor, Ceres, Idunn(a) and Freyr that I know of from the gods.

^^^ FYI, Heavenly Neptune is the only monster with 50% Light/Water reduction. It's the reason I'd rather have that over the Water/Dark Neptune if I could only have one, because Drawn Joker also has 50% Dark/Water reduction..

Yep! That was exactly my reasoning for going with him first. I got another Neptune and Minerva luckily so I can end up doing both, but I went light element with both first. I've yet to skill up my ADKs, skill level 4 sounds nice to me. I have managed to skill up my Echidna several times.

^^^ FYI, Heavenly Neptune is the only monster with 50% Light/Water reduction. It's the reason I'd rather have that over the Water/Dark Neptune if I could only have one, because Drawn Joker also has 50% Dark/Water reduction.

Damn this game. My ADK's been sitting on skill level 4, and I've been farming the Dragon Guardian dungeon all day. Fed it 8 Mystic Stone Knights so far, and nada! I'm definitely not even going to bother trying to skill-up my second ADK, unless we get a 2x drop event for the dungeon.

ToxicAdam

Thanks xelios

Did another pull hoping for a Hades and got another Sylph. ^%##}

It hurts more when all those stones were earned. Still haven't spent more than 10 bux total on this game.

Korea has announced that it's getting upped DIRECTLY to 5.0 in March. They are on the same version as we are, AND they were released on the app store after we were.

So I think we're probably getting upped around the same time, and it hasn't been announced yet.

Get your wallets ready.

atlantos

Neo Member
‎[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 2/15/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 09:00 14:00 19:00
B: 10:00 15:00 20:00
C: 11:00 16:00 21:00
D: 12:00 17:00 22:00
E: 08:00 13:00 18:00

Where can I find this schedule for each day? Is there some kind of website?

Decided to spend the afternoon doing only normal dungeons and seeing how far I could get. Really pleased with the Odin I pulled during Godfest, as it allowed me to progress all the way from Oceanus Falls through the end of Tower to the Sky. That's 5 entire dungeons cleared, so 5 more magic stones! So now I'm sitting at the first level of Ocean of Heaven, and will probably try it in the morning and see how far into it I can get.

Nothing seems to be really getting that much harder, the bosses are just taking a lot longer, and you have to be ready to burn all your skills on the pre-bosses or even sometimes on trash monsters.

6 more dungeons to go until I'm at the end! I think Ocean of Heaven is where King Gold Dragons start showing up, so that will be nice.

BTW, has anyone EVER had a King Metal Dragon drop in the normal dungeons? I see them somewhat regularly, maybe encountered 10 in total now, and not a single one has ever dropped. Really frustrating.

Decided to spend the afternoon doing only normal dungeons and seeing how far I could get. Really pleased with the Odin I pulled during Godfest, as it allowed me to progress all the way from Oceanus Falls through the end of Tower to the Sky. That's 5 entire dungeons cleared, so 5 more magic stones! So now I'm sitting at the first level of Ocean of Heaven, and will probably try it in the morning and see how far into it I can get.

Nothing seems to be really getting that much harder, the bosses are just taking a lot longer, and you have to be ready to burn all your skills on the pre-bosses or even sometimes on trash monsters.

6 more dungeons to go until I'm at the end! I think Ocean of Heaven is where King Gold Dragons start showing up, so that will be nice.

BTW, has anyone EVER had a King Metal Dragon drop in the normal dungeons? I see them somewhat regularly, maybe encountered 10 in total now, and not a single one has ever dropped. Really frustrating.
I've been using a dual ADK team for pretty much the whole game, but it's not cutting it for the highest tier dungeons, because the bosses are as tough as special dungeon bosses minus the technical skills(thank god). I've since switched to using Awoken Odin as my leader with double Heras and 2 rippers of whatever is strong against the dungeon. My Heras are only at the base level 6 that I acquired them at, but that doesn't matter for their active skill which saves a lot of time on the bosses. The only real danger are the bosses that come in multiples and have the same countdown timer. I'm currently on the last level of Junos Island, which is the second to last normal dungeon. Gonna call it a night, because I ran out of Amaterasu friends. Guess I should have raised my Ami instead of Odin. She's a hell of a lot cheaper to roster(less than half the cost of Awoken Odin), and I have way more Odin friends than Amis.

As for King Metal Dragons. Yeah, I've actually gotten quite a few from farming Oceanus Falls for Marine Goblins and Mermaids. That dungeon is a treasure trove during 1.5x drop events. I've also gotten 3 Mystic Masks and one King Gold Dragon from the normal dungeons. The dungeons with the King Gold Dragons aren't a walk in the park, though, so I'm hesitant to try farming them. I'm just trying to get through them once, for now.

Yaari

Korea has announced that it's getting upped DIRECTLY to 5.0 in March. They are on the same version as we are, AND they were released on the app store after we were.

So I think we're probably getting upped around the same time, and it hasn't been announced yet.

Get your wallets ready.

This is great news. Maybe we can ask for news aswell now, since apparently Korea announces updates ahead of them actually happening.

Kosh

‎[US] Dragon Guardian Drop% x 2 starts at 12 PST and lasts for 12 hours.

[US] Jewel Dragons (20 Stamina) 2/16/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 8:00 Emerald 13:00 Ruby 18:00 Sapphire
B: 9:00 Ruby 14:00 Sapphire 19:00 Emerald
C: 10:00 Emerald 15:00 Ruby 20:00 Sapphire
D: 11:00 Ruby 16:00 Sapphire 21:00 Emerald
E: 12:00 Sapphire 17:00 Emerald 22:00 Ruby

Kosh

Get your wallets ready.

Or it could just mean the Korean localization group is faster than the US localization group. The Koreans probably do less cosplay at the office.

ParityBit

I guess today I am going to go for jewels. I decided to take the game much slower. You can not expect much to happen when you do not pay. So its the best say to take it!

MicH

So my Noble mech Master plan was a fiasco. Couldn't get enough heal orbs to heal myself up and had to scramble around to get enough heal every turn in the end before there was no more left. Oh well, it's alright. Will perhaps run a few expert runs tomorrow, but I'm gonna focus on the Dragon Guardian today.

Also I got around to evolve my Amatereasu :D Yay!

OTIX

I just managed to kill Noble mech master with this team:

2x Light ripper leaders
Dark ripper
Rainbow keeper
Dub mythlit
Echidna 4*

Having a lot of nukes and two oh shit buttons made things pretty comfortable. No drop though. :(

Musan

Anyone tried Noble Mechdragon Legend yet? How much harder is it than Master? I'm thinking about trying it out to get a stone out of it.

xCobalt

Anyone tried Noble Mechdragon Legend yet? How much harder is it than Master? I'm thinking about trying it out to get a stone out of it.

In comparison to the other mech dragons, Noble was probably the easiest. I ran it with a Ceres, max skilled Siren, dark ripper, two rainbow keepers and a light ripper as the other leader. I think I had about 12000 hp.

Looks like today is dragon guardian day. Will probably spend as many stones as i need to ro max out my second one (currently have one @ lv. 4). So im hoping i can knock the whole thing out in about 15 drops

Looks like today is dragon guardian day. Will probably spend as many stones as i need to ro max out my second one (currently have one @ lv. 4). So im hoping i can knock the whole thing out in about 15 drops
Someone on the PAD forums said it would go 2x at noon. He didn't cite a source though. But if it does, I'll definitely skill-up my second ADK. 15 MSKs for 6 skill-ups sounds pretty wishful though. The last skill-up for my primary ADK took 12 MSKs for just the last skill-up.

MicH

Does anyone have 50% light resist they can put up for a minute? Gonna try the Noble mech Master again and for some reason NONE of my friends have a light resist monster up as their leader :p

For those that didn't already know, I just learned a new tip for Pendra raising. Pengdras need about 2550 exp to reach max level. Unless I have a bunch of fodder material from other dungeons, I usually feed them whatever else I get from the technical dungeons while farming them. The majority of fodder being Chimeras and Carbuncles. 1 Chimera and 1 Carbuncle of the same element is enough to max out a Pengdra. But evolved Carbuncles are rarer drops than Chimeras and I usually end up with just Chimeras to feed when the Carbuncles run out. But 2 Chimeras only provide 2400 exp, so it takes 3 Chimeras to max a Pengdra, and it goes over the 2550 exp needed by quite a bit, making it wasteful. Well I just discovered that if you feed 1 Chimera to another, it raises it to level 6, and that provides 2400 base exp or 3600 exp for the same element. So, it only takes 2 Chimera to max a Pengdra if you feed 1 Chimera to another before feeding it to the Pengdra. A 50% increase in efficiency!

ParityBit

For those that didn't already know, I just learned a new tip for Pendra raising. Pengdras need about 2550 exp to reach max level. Unless I have a bunch of fodder material from other dungeons, I usually feed them whatever else I get from the technical dungeons while farming them. The majority of fodder being Chimeras and Carbuncles. 1 Chimera and 1 Carbuncle of the same element is enough to max out a Pengdra. But evolved Carbuncles are rarer drops than Chimeras and I usually end up with just Chimeras to feed when the Carbuncles run out. But 2 Chimeras only provide 2400 exp, so it takes 3 Chimeras to max a Pengdra, and it goes over the 2550 exp needed by quite a bit, making it wasteful. Well I just discovered that if you feed 1 Chimera to another, it raises it to level 6, and that provides 2400 base exp or 3600 exp for the same element. So, it only takes 2 Chimera to max a Pengdra if you feed 1 Chimera to another before feeding it to the Pengdra. A 50% increase in efficiency!

Awesome!! Thanks for this tip

MicH

I absolutely crashed and burned on master it was pathetic :( Not trying that again for some time, I really need a better strategy/better monsters for that. Perhaps I will try with the Dark Mech...

ParityBit

Where is the best place to farm lil dragons? I have a couple I still need and since you need rippers ....

Is it the machine? Or should I farm the dungeons?

I absolutely crashed and burned on master it was pathetic :( Not trying that again for some time, I really need a better strategy/better monsters for that. Perhaps I will try with the Dark Mech...

what setup did you use? i had good success with light resist/healer and then a bunch of rippers

MicH

what setup did you use? i had good success with light resist/healer and then a bunch of rippers
Lightning Holy Dragon leaders, Chaos Devil Dragon, Siren the Enchanter, Echidna and Rainbow Keeper. Couldn't get enough Heal orbs when I was up against two Devils/Demons who attacks every turn. I'm afraid it wouldn't have been better with only one resist, of course the autoheal would be very nice.

Oh well, I just did a run through Dragon Guardian expert and got two Mystic Stone Knights. Yay! No skill-ups though...

how many adk's should i intend to try and end up with? I now have 3 mystic's should i try to skill up the one or farm for rest from this point for skill up's for these 3?

I can only run adept atm as I dont have the ability to beat expert yet.

xCobalt

for red green and blue, pal machine is the only way. for white/black, pal machine and mech dragon dungeons

The red, green and blue lil dragons can appear in the other dragon dungeons. We'll probably start seeing them after the dark mech dragon dungeon. All lil dragons can be gotten from the normal dungeons too as boss drops but chances are pretty slim.

ToxicAdam

Lightning Holy Dragon leaders, Chaos Devil Dragon, Siren the Enchanter, Echidna and Rainbow Keeper. Couldn't get enough Heal orbs when I was up against two Devils/Demons who attacks every turn. I'm afraid it wouldn't have been better with only one resist, of course the autoheal would be very nice.

Oh well, I just did a run through Dragon Guardian expert and got two Mystic Stone Knights. Yay! No skill-ups though...

When you are in master levels you have to recharge your skills on every level you can. That way if you run into a setup like you faced you can unleash them to whittle them down to a more manageable amount of damage. Then recharge those skills again.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
He said you're welcome and congrats on getting the noble mech!

I've kind of lost the oomph to play this game for the moment. I have too much invested financially to quit (sounds stupid) so I guess I'll wait 'til the huge update. Plus I have some major health stuff coming up this week so it's difficult to focus on anything else. Can't even find the energy to skill up my ADKs during the 2x. :(

Will keep rotating leaders here and there, hope everyone else has fun.

He said you're welcome and congrats on getting the noble mech!

I've kind of lost the oomph to play this game for the moment. I have too much invested financially to quit (sounds stupid) so I guess I'll wait 'til the huge update. Plus I have some major health stuff coming up this week so it's difficult to focus on anything else. Can't even find the energy to skill up my ADKs during the 2x. :(

Will keep rotating leaders here and there, hope everyone else has fun.

Obviously you need to roll an account on the JP version to keep things lively.

Only if I can buy lots of stones there too, obviously!

PAD hard mode; no stones, jewel dragons only ever happen while you're asleep

Congrats Cosmo! I am so jealous! Which team did you use?

Archangel leader, Naga, Wood Mech Warrior Asgard, Rainbow Keeper, Dubmythlit, xelios's dual element Neptune

The first four pretty much ensure you can't die as long as you activate your skills wisely and Regulus doesn't spam super claws repeatedly.

MicH

Alright, as soon as my stamina replenishes I'm gonna try resist and healer leaders as well. Hopefully that will work for me, since healing has been my problem when using double resist leaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom