• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said you're welcome and congrats on getting the noble mech!

I've kind of lost the oomph to play this game for the moment. I have too much invested financially to quit (sounds stupid) so I guess I'll wait 'til the huge update. Plus I have some major health stuff coming up this week so it's difficult to focus on anything else. Can't even find the energy to skill up my ADKs during the 2x. :(

Will keep rotating leaders here and there, hope everyone else has fun.

Its because youve got all the monsters, and beaten Hera and Zeus!

ToxicAdam

That's the big downside with spending money on IAP. You just shorten the time until you get bored/tired with the game. Or run into the game makers artificial timesinks intended to stall you until the next update.

Quantum

I'm starting to get burned out too at rank 70 (although I keep playing every time I raise stamina)

I haven't paid a dime but have put much more time into this game then almost any other game I've played in the last 6 months. I think if a policy was added that you could not get a double from the gatcha I would put 60 bucks into the game, as it is I can't support paying for luck - (I don't have any).

I have a ton of leveling to do, but the game has been pretty good to me punctuated with bouts (and days) of utter frustration.

my mobs on my primary account:

(lvl)
Siren the Enchanter: 36
Chaos Devil Dragon: 25
Lightning holy dragon: 8
Aurora Dragon: 51
Noble Mechdragon Regulus: 4
Parvati: 30
Loki: 30
Machine golem Mk. II: 30
Echidna: 60
Lilith: 50
Verche: 16
Vampire Lord: 17
Brachys: 24
Mandrake: 27
Tyran: 12
Mystic Stone Knight: 10
Pierdrawn: 1
Shardra: 4

keeper of rainbow (1), Dub-Mythlit (1),

Generally running dark teams, StE + ripper + odin, or resolve teams.

I'm up to "the tomb of the Saint - expert" the bosses are starting to take a ton of time and farming for power up fodder has been really dependent on randomly finding dragons.

I wonder what dungeons are going to be added after the noble and dragon guardians expire.

ccbfan

I would also like to thank Xelios for his light Neptune.

Allowed me to finish off Legend Noble Mech.

Pretty much went full defense.

Lightning Holy Dragon
Chaos Devil Dragon
Rainbow Keeper
Whale thing
Siren

Neptune.

Neptune poison and nuking was pretty much all my offense and I got lucky because Noble Mech didn't go psycho with the multi attack move (The oen that does like 5K damage even with 75% defense). Which is weird since it went psycho on all 4 of my Master runs. Does it not do that in legend. I'm not sure if my Rainbow keeper could hold back a 5 x multi attacks in a row. Luckily I never found out.

Specking of which what do you guys do with multiple mech dragons. Skill up seems like a waste but can't imagine having enough party point to use two.

Babalu.

am I doing something wrong with trying to level up my dragon knights skill.

i've fed him 4 mystic stone knights and no skill up.

I fed 1 by itself
1 with some trash
and two together

no skill upgrades.

is there something i'm missing or is it just bad luck?

am I doing something wrong with trying to level up my dragon knights skill.

i've fed him 4 mystic stone knights and no skill up.

I fed 1 by itself
1 with some trash
and two together

no skill upgrades.

is there something i'm missing or is it just bad luck?

Bad luck. Took me 12 feeds to get my last point

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
That's the big downside with spending money on IAP. You just shorten the time until you get bored/tired with the game. Or run into the game makers artificial timesinks intended to stall you until the next update.

Well yeah, that is true. I skip the time of having to wait for stamina to refill (which is a system I hate anyway, so willing to pay), but a lot of the enemies can't be found/farmed/dropped and I had to get them from gacha. Well, I didn't HAVE to, but you know. The stones I used initially that I got for free from clearing dungeons when I first started the game got me a Gigas and Fairlion...so much for that. Didn't exactly give me incentive to go free.

But I get what you're saying about the stamina refills. Perhaps now that I have almost every monster I want I should just use my stamina as it refills to level them slowly, or something. Actually play casually instead of like a maniac, it might feel good. It's not like I have to be in a rush to do anything at this point, I already have a few monsters I can help friends out with at any time and feel somewhat useful. I'm really looking forward to the increase to 150 friends, because I'm missing at least a couple dozen GAFfers.

Finally maxed out my second ADK's skill. Took 26 MSKs total. The last point took 12 MSKs, same as my first ADK. Glad that's over. I gained a few ranks at least and leveled/evolved some other monsters with all the fodder I got from the dungeon. I guess I'll do it all again when the Dark Knight dungeon comes around. Also read that Japan got a Naga dungeon. Would be sweet to have 3 max skill Nagas constantly rotating activations.

I'm thinking about stashing my MSK's until the next godfest when skill ups increase. I've burned 4 in a row for nothing.
Wait. Has it been confirmed that skill-up rates are increased during god fests? Were the rates increased last Sunday? The in-game bulletin didn't say anything about it.

They'll announce it if it does. Japan's latest 800m celebration had one lasting all week.
Okay. Good to know. Too bad I already fed all the duplicate toy dragons I got from the rare gacha. I got a few skill-ups from them, but it would've been nice to get the increased rate. I'll keep it in mind for the future, though.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Got my first Stone Knight to drop finally, so I can get that off my list, now... I need money, otherwise I'll run into the same problem again next week that I had this week... Rest of the weekend will be all money runs :lol

XISq6Fyl.jpg

Gotta say, that was the most grueling thing ive ever done. Definitely dont recommend legend dungeons unless you just like torture. Beat it with 0 stones though, so definitely feels like a big accomplishment

xelios

Congrats on the Legend, that's some nice experience.

Finally maxed out my second ADK's skill. Took 26 MSKs total. The last point took 12 MSKs, same as my first ADK. Glad that's over. I gained a few ranks at least and leveled/evolved some other monsters with all the fodder I got from the dungeon. I guess I'll do it all again when the Dark Knight dungeon comes around. Also read that Japan got a Naga dungeon. Would be sweet to have 3 max skill Nagas constantly rotating activations.

That'd be sweet. I have one Echidna maxed (10 turns) already.

Also I bought more stones to play when I feel like it, pulled a couple of times and actually got Hades. Don't feel any better...

My goal now is to level everything useful someday. My impulse control seems to be shit since I just said earlier I wouldn't do any of this.

http://i.imgur.com/XISq6Fyl.jpg[img]

Gotta say, that was the most grueling thing ive ever done. Definitely dont recommend legend dungeons unless you just like torture. Beat it with 0 stones though, so definitely feels like a big accomplishment[/QUOTE]
Congrats! Yeah, the Legendary dungeons are no joke. My Legendary Wind Mech run spanned 2 days(finally had to go to sleep after playing it for 2-3 hrs, then continued the next day). When it came to the Light Mech, I didn't have the patience for another multi-hour run, so I just blitzed it with a dual Vampire Lord 4x ATK Dark team. Had to spend like 7 stones, mostly due to getting bound by the Harpy Demons, but it went by quick. I figured 7 stones for a guaranteed drop wasn't too bad, considering it costs 5 stones for a random gacha pull. I think I'm ready for another 0 stone marathon when the Dark Mech comes around, though. I'm not really in a rush to do much else.

I finally got to the final dungeon, Starlight Sanctuary, which has Hera and Zeus in the final 2 floors. It actually has a 1.5x drop event going on right now, but I don't feel like tackling it yet. These high tier dungeons are like playing those grueling special dungeons. Takes careful planning and meticulous play for every floor. It's mentally draining.

[quote="xelios, post: 47821446"]My goal now is to level everything useful someday. My impulse control seems to be shit since I just said earlier I wouldn't do any of this.[/QUOTE]
Sorry to hear. I hope it's at least expendable funds, and you're not financially hurting over it. If it's any consolation, I'm probably right up there with you in how much I've spent on this game. Maybe we could attend some PAD anon sessions together. =p

Sorry to hear. I hope it's at least expendable funds, and you're not financially hurting over it. If it's any consolation, I'm probably right up there with you in how much I've spent on this game. Maybe we could attend some PAD anon sessions together. =p

Heh, tell me about it. Once I realized what was happening I had one of those moments where I sit down and have a conversation with myself, and then I agreed that I really don't give a shit, there's no sense fighting the urge, and that my discretionary funds account is just that - discretionary funds. So whatever. I'm all in when the update comes, and I'm past the part where I feel ashamed about it :p

Luckily I don't think I'll ever be anywhere near some of these screenshots we've seen like the guy with 6,000 stones, so I could be worse off, right?

BTW George Claw MD I don't think I have you on my friends. If you feel like adding me, I'm 321,749,201. Have 1-2 spaces open, although they might go quickly since I just set Awoken Zeus as my leader, lol

BTW George Claw MD I don't think I have you on my friends. If you feel like adding me, I'm 321,749,201. Have 1-2 spaces open, although they might go quickly since I just set Awoken Zeus as my leader, lol
Sent.

I've got a few Awoken Zeuses that popped-up on my friends list from just existing friends who've gotten Zeus. I don't have one of my own, yet. Maybe I'll be ready next time it comes around.

Because of the x2 drop on the dragon guardian dungeon I have fed my ADK 8 stone knights so far. No skill ups at all.

That coupled with the fact that until today I had only gotten 1 stone night from the dungeon does not give me confidence that I will completely skill up two of them.

Yaari

32 MSKs and went from Skill2 to 1 maxxed, and another one Skill2.
At this point it is pretty clear that this one is only going to work with more stones though. Which I am not too sure about.

I wanted the 50 stones to force myself through Zeus sometime, at this point I am going to need 50 stones to get those 2 or 3 maxed.

Kosh

‎[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 2/17/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 12:00 17:00 22:00
B: 8:00 13:00 18:00
C: 9:00 14:00 19:00
D: 10:00 15:00 20:00
E: 11:00 16:00 21:00

Kosh

No light mech x2 today. That sucks. Might try legend with 2x 50% reduction leaders, 2x rainbow keeper, CDD, and max level siren. Is he 100% drop on legend difficulty?

Kosh

Are we sure? I didn't see anything over on the FB group page. Those guys usually roll their clocks ahead to check. I hope so, I'll wait until Noon PST then to run it.

Super addicted, love how I can fell like I'm progressing just playing 30 minutes a day. Just evolved my siren and have my holy/chaos dragons at 45 and my DK is maxed out just need a rainbow mask. My team is finally coming together.

If anyone needs any of those monsters or Odin/Flare drall add me my id is 318,542,216. Especially need people with high level Amateratsu and light/dark resists.

J0dy77

He said you're welcome and congrats on getting the noble mech!

I've kind of lost the oomph to play this game for the moment. I have too much invested financially to quit (sounds stupid) so I guess I'll wait 'til the huge update. Plus I have some major health stuff coming up this week so it's difficult to focus on anything else. Can't even find the energy to skill up my ADKs during the 2x. :(

Will keep rotating leaders here and there, hope everyone else has fun.

Would hate to see you burn out complete Xel. The thread wouldn't be the same without you're posts to see where we might get one day (maybe).

You really did go all in on this one and seems like that type of dedication would likely burn anyone out. Take some time off, let some new dungeons cycle there way in, new update hopefully and come back with full force.

Good luck with the health stuff.

ccbfan

If you need a monster with both damage reductions, you need a Dark/Light Hades or Light/Dark Venus. Sorry, I have neither.

Thanks

I think I have one friend that has a dark/light Loki. I'll either have to wait for that to go active or wait for get my Dark Mech dragon.

My main issue with Clayus Prison is level 3 and level 5.

The mixed bosses will destroy me if I don't have defense.

Another way is to wipe them before they even move but I need a dark mech dragon and its 60k damage for that. (Or get two more chaos devil dragons)

Thanks

I think I have one friend that has a dark/light Loki. I'll either have to wait for that to go active or wait for get my Dark Mech dragon.

My main issue with Clayus Prison is level 3 and level 5.

The mixed bosses will destroy me if I don't have defense.

Another way is to wipe them before they even move but I need a dark mech dragon and its 60k damage for that. (Or get two more chaos devil dragons)

i got through it without too much trouble with Odin/autohealer

xelios

Would hate to see you burn out complete Xel. The thread wouldn't be the same without you're posts to see where we might get one day (maybe).

You really did go all in on this one and seems like that type of dedication would likely burn anyone out. Take some time off, let some new dungeons cycle there way in, new update hopefully and come back with full force.

Good luck with the health stuff.

Thanks for the well wishes and kind words, I appreciate it. I promise not to go off the radar completely, though I'll likely be gone for a week or two here soon. I expect to be deleted by a lot of people when that happens. =p

^^^
Xelios, I just realized you're the first friend I made on PAD. When I sort my friend list by "Time", you're #1 on the list. I'll never delete you!

1 more floor and I'll have completed all the normal and technical dungeons available so far. I used an ADK team for the majority of the dungeons, but had to switch to Odin/Amaterasu for the later levels.

evquopS.jpg

Here's the basic team I used for all the floors of the final dungeon. Odin, dual Heras, and an Ami friend are the core members that never change. I choose 2 different rippers depending on the weakness of the floor's bosses. The only floor I made a slight change was the first floor, because the Crystal Aurora Dragon had 140,000K defense, which necessitated bringing along a Succubus in place of one of the Heras. The most vulnerable battle is the first battle of each floor, because you don't have any skills built-up, yet. If you can kill one of the first 2 monsters in the first battle, it's smooth sailing for the most part. In subsequent battles, I use nukes to eliminate the weaker monsters and weaken the others. Then, I eliminate all but one monster and rebuild my nukes. Repeat for each floor. The other danger are the levels with 2 sub-bosses. For example, the 2nd floor has dual Carbuncle sub-bosses that appeared with the same counters. I popped all my skills and killed one of them and fast as possible. The bosses are straight forward match and build skills until they're dead.

gYKUox6.jpg

It looks like Zeus hits for 25,487 damage every turn. Odin's leader skill only reduces that to 5097 damage, which is more than any Amaterasu can heal, so I'll have to come up with a new team. Resolve is an obvious choice, but I'll still think about it more.

^^^

It looks like Zeus hits for 25,487 damage every turn. Odin's leader skill only reduces that to 5097 damage, which is more than any Amaterasu can heal, so I'll have to come up with a new team. Resolve is an obvious choice, but I'll still think about it more.

Would dual Odin's, 1 less ripper and a semi high level 5* healer? 600 more rcv would probably three heart back to full every turn.

You would have to pray for heart drops though...

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Would dual Odin's, 1 less ripper and a semi high level 5* healer? 600 more rcv would probably three heart back to full every turn.

You would have to pray for heart drops though...

Can't you just bring one or 2 max level Siren's, and with skill & random heart drops you can EASILY match 3 hearts every 3-ish turns, depending on your max HP, not?

^^^
Xelios, I just realized you're the first friend I made on PAD. When I sort my friend list by "Time", you're #1 on the list. I'll never delete you!

1 more floor and I'll have completed all the normal and technical dungeons available so far. I used an ADK team for the majority of the dungeons, but had to switch to Odin/Amaterasu for the later levels.

evquopS.jpg

Here's the basic team I used for all the floors of the final dungeon. Odin, dual Heras, and an Ami friend are the core members that never change. I choose 2 different rippers depending on the weakness of the floor's bosses. The only floor I made a slight change was the first floor, because the Crystal Aurora Dragon had 140,000K defense, which necessitated bringing along a Succubus in place of one of the Heras. The most vulnerable battle is the first battle of each floor, because you don't have any skills built-up, yet. If you can kill one of the first 2 monsters in the first battle, it's smooth sailing for the most part. In subsequent battles, I use nukes to eliminate the weaker monsters and weaken the others. Then, I eliminate all but one monster and rebuild my nukes. Repeat for each floor. The other danger are the levels with 2 sub-bosses. For example, the 2nd floor has dual Carbuncle sub-bosses that appeared with the same counters. I popped all my skills and killed one of them and fast as possible. The bosses are straight forward match and build skills until they're dead.

gYKUox6.jpg

what about Odin+Angelion? youd have to manual heal for about 2500/turn, but with 2 max skill sirens, should be doable, and the Angelion will give you a 3rd supply of hearts, and he can even be skilled up pretty easy

xelios

Damn @ your rank George, full speed ahead of me.

Managed max out Hades to be ready for evolution with the metal dragons so far today. Edit: Thought I evolved Hera but I did that the other day, just leveled her a bit today.

I did make a couple more evolutions of the dragons (that are useful for nothing it seems, but fun to collect nonetheless) from Tiamats I pulled while trying to get Hades. As you can see no primary wood element; I've had terrible luck getting any Fafnirs since I started playing the game. :( I haven't looked but are they farmable?

My dual element dragon collection so far:

capture1q6sqc.png

Latest evolutions:

ccbfan

Just got owned in Clayus Prison

Punisher from Hell.

Couldn't beat stage 9.

3x Ivory dragon owned me.

Went Siren (Rippers) Odin Party but if two dragon attack at the same time, I'm doomed.

I think I really need a the Black/White Loki or have a Dark Mech dragon to complete it

xelios

Is a dark mech dungeon coming after the light or was it the first one/already passed? Need to know whether to get my Abyssal Neptune evolved or not, although I think there are already a lot more out there than Heavenly.

Of course it will be Friday before I can do that anyway since I'm missing a single dark dublit. =/

ccbfan

Is a dark mech dungeon coming after the light or was it the first one/already passed? Need to know whether to get my Abyssal Neptune evolved or not, although I think there are already a lot more out there than Heavenly.

According to facebook it tomorrow

This weekend is your final chance to hunt down the Noble Mechdragon. His Dark Attribute counterpart, the Rust Mechdragon, is scheduled to descend at midnight Sunday -> Monday (February 18).

xelios

According to facebook it tomorrow

This weekend is your final chance to hunt down the Noble Mechdragon. His Dark Attribute counterpart, the Rust Mechdragon, is scheduled to descend at midnight Sunday -> Monday (February 18).

Nice, surprised I didn't miss any element. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom