• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, finished and did not get the mech or black dragon. I did get Lilith which is really nice. I will have to keep running it because I need my last lil' dragon! The mech dragon is a plus if I were ever to get one to drop for me on Expert.

So if I get multiple Lilith's, should I keep them or try to skill up a single one?
Multiple Liliths are useful for the Mask/Dub dungeons, but if you wanted to run one in a regular party just one is enough.

MicH

Oh god, the Rust Mech stores up power (like ogres in the tech dungeons) and hits so hard. OHKO'd me :(

Does anyone kone how hard he hits for with that?

my friend list is full of Sirens and Chaos Devil Dragons. Hilarious.

I'm assuming nothing worthwhile is going to drop in 'Normal', right? Don't think I can tackle the Tech ones yet

ParityBit

my friend list is full of Sirens and Chaos Devil Dragons. Hilarious.

I'm assuming nothing worthwhile is going to drop in 'Normal', right? Don't think I can tackle the Tech ones yet

The black lil dragon, Lilith and the mech all drop on normal. My only mech I got was a normal-Expert drop.

Radav

How tough is the set of dungeons before you open the tier 2 technical dungeons? Just curious so I don't go running in there with my ADK team and get my faced melted.

I hate you! ;) I only need the black right now on my iPad. I need Blue on my phone.

My advice to any noob (Like I still am) is to get/level up one of each ripper. It's a must. before anything else!

agreed. I have all in their 3rd evo, with I in the 4th. 20k every 15 turns helps out immensely. It's like a 'get out of jail free' card whenever I run into a tough stage.

How tough is the set of dungeons before you open the tier 2 technical dungeons? Just curious so I don't go running in there with my ADK team and get my faced melted.

They aren't terrible. Enemies now use skills which is a giant pain in the ass. Most stage bosses will heal at some point. Demons can lock elements/units (kill them ASAP). Just take is slow and set up the team correctly and you'll be fine. They are all mono-color, so pretty easy to plan for.

Enjoy that Pengdra farming

KuroNeeko

Yesss! Finally got my Chiyome!

I'll probably regret it later but she was on my list of acceptible starters.

Now to begin the long trek of getting back the monsters I lost. My first goal is to get a Naga from the special dungeon. I still have 12 days to build up my team. I just forgot how weak you start out. Also seems ridiculously hard to build a team around balance units.

Will post a pic of Chiyome in the morning.

Yesss! Finally got my Chiyome!

I'll probably regret it later but she was on my list of acceptible starters.

Now to begin the long trek of getting back the monsters I lost. My first goal is to get a Naga from the special dungeon. I still have 12 days to build up my team. I just forgot how weak you start out. Also seems ridiculously hard to build a team around balance units.

Will post a pic of Chiyome in the morning.

Oh man, beginning was brutal. You basically have to do a mono color team until things flesh out a bit.

Or rely on an epically strong leader unit

Was trying to clear out my box after doing Expert Rust and accidentally fed one of my dark rippers to the other. Oops.

Also apologies at everybody on my friends list the next two weeks for not dual elementing my Neptune to Dark, he's a key part of a lot of my teams and I don't have the team size to support 30 cost.

raiot

Finally got lucky with a mech drop on expert! Woohoo!

31QtVO4.jpg

I keep one of each color favorited (except for the blue one, which I have yet to pull) and leave the rest as long-term projects. I guess I probably should have favorited both, but obviously im not too distraught over it.

Forgot if I mentioned it last night but Japan just got a new type of technical dungeon. "Blue" dungeons (as opposed to green for regular technical) prevent all leader skills from activating, although active skills still work. These only unlock after beating all green technical dungeons, so there's finally a reason for me to attempt to clear COSITA.

ToxicAdam

Forgot if I mentioned it last night but Japan just got a new type of technical dungeon. "Blue" dungeons (as opposed to green for regular technical) prevent all leader skills from activating, although active skills still work. These only unlock after beating all green technical dungeons, so there's finally a reason for me to attempt to clear COSITA.

Cool idea. Definitely an incentive to max level/skillup your pets.

For these upper tiers I wish they would reward you with more stones once you clear them.

TimeKillr

Oh my GOD! Yeah, I'm not gonna be able to finish him on Master. Will stick to Expert.

Yeah... :( that's what I figured out too, after spending a bunch of stones too. I'm an idiot...

If you think that's bad, wait till you see his special attack at 30% life - it's even worse than the white mech.

So to tackle that, you need 2 50% reducers. At all times. That means if you're unlucky with hearts, you're still fucked.

Ugh :(

ccbfan

The dark mech dragon is actually a lot easier than the green one.

While the numbers look high, the dark one is a lot slower than the green.

Green one takes one turn to attack while the dark one takes 2. Plus the dark one only does a little over 50 percent more damage than the green one. Averaging it out to only doing 80 percent damage of the green one.

Its harder than the light one which is the easiest one but also easier than the green one.

That said, unless you have a ton of succubus, its better to run expert.

Paprikka

So for two days now I've been having a problem the first time I play each day. When the game pops up the date changed notice, I click OK and it just hangs, without going on to the screens showing me my consecutive login bonus or how many friends/explorers I helped. I haven't kept close watch on my gold but I do get a couple of PAL pulls so I'm getting some of the bonus. Anyone else seen this before? Rest of the game is fine, it's just the first time each day.

So for two days now I've been having a problem the first time I play each day. When the game pops up the date changed notice, I click OK and it just hangs, without going on to the screens showing me my consecutive login bonus or how many friends/explorers I helped. I haven't kept close watch on my gold but I do get a couple of PAL pulls so I'm getting some of the bonus. Anyone else seen this before? Rest of the game is fine, it's just the first time each day.

I've seen it if I'm in a battle while the date changes. Hasn't been a problem with rewards coming through, just no popups.

Oh my GOD! Yeah, I'm not gonna be able to finish him on Master. Will stick to Expert.

Master is all about the double resist. Hearts arent a problem if you bring 1-2 max skill sirens. 1 is actually probably more than sufficient. Last time i didnt even use her ability once.

ToxicAdam

I can handle any master with double resist + siren + enchilada + rainbow keeper + whatever. Definitely helps to have Siren with max skill.

I tried legendary for the first time last night and got owned. That mid-boss Chimera and it's random freezes are brutal if it gets one of your damage resisters.

ccbfan

I can handle any master with double resist + siren + enchilada + rainbow keeper + whatever. Definitely helps to have Siren with max skill.

I tried legendary for the first time last night and got owned. That mid-boss Chimera and it's random freezes are brutal if it gets one of your damage resisters.

You need to use the rainbow keeper to overcome that.

When I ran my one legendary (light). I went all defense since I had xelios's light neptune's poison for my offense. Took a long time for was easy.

A safe party for Noble mech was

Lightning Holy
Rainbow Keeper
Rainbow Keeper
Siren
Siren (Or any Orb to Heal but siren is best for the RCV)
light neptune.

Save the rainbow keepers only for Chimera Mid boss when it double bind leaders and Noble Mech when it does its noble claw multi hit move which it likes to do multiple times in a row. The two orb changers should keep you healthy for everything else.

OTIX

Gonna save mechdragon master for when there's a 2x drop. This week I need to spend as much stamina as possible on farming stone knights for skill ups.

Quantum

Have been running expert Rust with my max siren lead, 2 rippers (light/dark), rainbow keeper, machine golem mkII and a chaos dragon friend (dmg reduction).

It is the easiest expert level I have done so far playing. With this team - can finish it in less then 10 minutes.

I am tempted to try the higher level but worry about burning the stamina for failure.

I have run the dungeon 4x today and have had 2 lil chaos drop and 1 succubus drop. I fed the little chaos to each other but didn't get the skill up.

The succubus is my second since starting to play, the first I have leveled to lilth (4* currently).

seems like it would be nice to have 3 poisoners for the mask dungeons so I'm not going to feed the succubus unless I have at least 2 more drop over the next week. I don't see doing any other dungeon until this expires - 8.5k exp each run is pretty nice for the chance to get the lil choas dragons, the poisoners and less important the mechdragon.

now I just have to wait 130 more minutes to be able to run the dungeon again.

Have been running expert Rust with my max siren lead, 2 rippers (light/dark), rainbow keeper, machine golem mkII and a chaos dragon friend (dmg reduction).

It is the easiest expert level I have done so far playing. With this team - can finish it in less then 10 minutes.

I am tempted to try the higher level but worry about burning the stamina for failure.

I have run the dungeon 4x today and have had 2 lil chaos drop and 1 succubus drop. I fed the little chaos to each other but didn't get the skill up.

The succubus is my second since starting to play, the first I have leveled to lilth (4* currently).

seems like it would be nice to have 3 poisoners for the mask dungeons so I'm not going to feed the succubus unless I have at least 2 more drop over the next week. I don't see doing any other dungeon until this expires - 8.5k exp each run is pretty nice for the chance to get the lil choas dragons, the poisoners and less important the mechdragon.

now I just have to wait 130 more minutes to be able to run the dungeon again.

Dont bother skilling up the dragon. His skill lvl will reset to 1 when you evolve him

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Ehh I haven't evolved my Abyssal Neptune yet (will Friday) but I put Lv.55 Drawn Joker up, maybe someone will get some use from him. I know a lot of people have dark Neptunes so I'll probably just switch back to Ammy later on for the people wanting to do the easier modes.

Kosh

Would this team have any shot at master rust with a chaos devil friend for DMG reduction?

J2d9Odrl.jpg

No, with the Siren as leader. If the Chimera binds your CDD friend and does a double strike, you won't survive. Also, if the Mech hits you with Charge, even with CDD friend you take 16k damage.

If you move your CDD to leader, then you could do it.

Quantum

Dont bother skilling up the dragon. His skill lvl will reset to 1 when you evolve him

oh - that's a bummer, also makes farming the chaos dragons a little less fun. I do have two light and two dark (one of each max evolved) - I guess the next one that drops I'll hold on to, I could imagine a team with three dark rippers.

but thanks for the information - I would have been totally bummed out if I had the skill level reset.

the same is NOT true of mermaid -> siren correct? I have been leveling my second mermaid and was avoiding evo'ing her to save some coins.

oh - that's a bummer, also makes farming the chaos dragons a little less fun. I do have two light and two dark (one of each max evolved) - I guess the next one that drops I'll hold on to, I could imagine a team with three dark rippers.

but thanks for the information - I would have been totally bummed out if I had the skill level reset.

the same is NOT true of mermaid -> siren correct? I have been leveling my second mermaid and was avoiding evo'ing her to save some coins.

Correct. The difference is that when you evolve siren, her skill doesnt change. It still keeps the same name and description. The dragons' however, get upgraded (skill does more damage with each evolution), so thats why it resets

TimeKillr

So quick question.

I have an Ammy and a fully evolved Siren. When I get more +RCV stuff, should I prioritize my Ammy or my Siren?

I'm really curious. Ammy's leader skill is far better, but Siren's active skill is tons better, and she'd end up being a better healer...

Quantum

I think ammy's final evo is rcu x 5 and siren's is rcu x 3 (per turn on match).

If I understand this correctly I would think in the long term ammy should get all the +rcu's

(I only have a siren who is currently getting all of my +rcu's so I'd wait for another confirmation on this!)

Yaari

Well from my own experience, Amaterasu Ohkami is a great healer, but more often now I'm going to need something else to fill the leader role, and she is practically useless in anything else but leader spot.

Whereas Siren is made for the sub spot and occasionally can probably be a good healer aswell.

I've been giving all of the RCV eggs to the Amaterasu and I am glad to have her, but eventually she wont be getting too much use, as dungeons get more difficult I need more resist.

I now understand the reasoning for hoarding dragon plants. I need about 15 now. Is it Thursday yet?

You need 15? FIFTEEN?!

nYU6fI7l.jpg
3XVpXEFl.jpg

And I'm hoping to have twice this many (and the colored dragons to evolve them) by the time Thursday rolls around.

in short - everybody loves dragon plant day :)

Still haven't decided how I'm going to spend all of this. Definitely a lot of my greens are going to be saved until Friady, when I get the Dub-Mythlit and evolve my Odin. I'd like to get him up to about Lv. 50+ after evolving. I also have an Echidna ready to evolve, and I'd like to get her up to 50+ as well. The blues I haven't yet decided (I still plan to farm about 15-20 more blues). I could pump them into my Ice Mechdragon or my 2nd Siren. But on the other hand, I'm almost wondering whether I should dump them all 100% into my Awoken Zeus. He's like Lv. 29 right now, and about Lv. 60 or so he starts becoming a major powerhouse. Not sure whether or not I want to wait around until Gold Dragon days, especially considering I have lots of other light stuff to level too (Great Valk / Verche)

ParityBit

I now understand the reasoning for hoarding dragon plants. I need about 15 now. Is it Thursday yet?

I need a bunch too. I always need a ton on my iPad but I don't have that at work with me. No 3g! Although maybe I can bring it and tether off my phone. Hrm. Not like that dungeon takes long ....

ccbfan

For a second account.

I'd shoot for the moon with the first roll.

Amu, Odin, Orochi, Neptune (maybe not even this) or Valk.

But then I've been trying to set up a second account since early January so I'm probably not best person to ask.

SirKhalid

I got a succubus from rust mechdragon, I need to decided if i feed her to my lilith or use a second poison monster. I wished she was a drop from another mechdragon dungeon so I would finally get my first real healer... I am rank 78 without any healer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom